• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

AppleJuice

Trash talking the Garbage can.
The World of Nethriah
Welcome to the world of Nethria.
There are five provinces. Ergath, the desert province, Kaazar, the Hellish province, Kavast, the regal province, Zeniff, the acended province, home of the T.P.G, and Avarati, the modern province, home of Artrius.

This world has was once a prosperous nation full of traders and merchant from lands afar, when King Artrius assassinated king Alpis the III, taking over.
The world immediately took a turn for the worse.
All the gold in the land went to Artrius, as did the food and water.
The Gods of magic deemed Artrius unworthy to the throne, and sent a desecrating drout to torment the lands. Artrius responded by gathering 10,000 cultists to end the reign of the Gods of magic. Trapping them eternally, he rose to not just King Artrius, but a God.
Very few are left to combat the power of the "One true God of Magic."
These brave warriors refer to themselves as, "The T.P.G" or, "The Tenebris Pugnantibus Gestant."
There are three roles in this particular order.

Wizard
The Wizard draws power from one of four indefinite sources to cast magic.
Fire
Earth
Sky
Water
Each element affects the wizards spell type (If you hadn't have already guessed)
They use artifacts related to each element to cast magical incantations. (In latin please)

Warrior
The warrior is a simple fighter. There are hundreds of them, and they are often expendable. There are four types of warriors.
Lancer
These fighters use spears and lances to strike their enemies from a distance.
Brute
These tanks have high endurance and extreme raw strength. They are notorious in this cause for front line fighters.
Swordfighter
These skilled fencers undergo brutal training to become the greatest with a sword.
Proficientist
These fighters are of the last resort. They can manipulate the power both Wizards and Warriors.
Banisher/Exorcism Expert
These warriors strictly banish the Demons from the separate dimension that Artrius summons. They have little to no skill when it comes to combat.

Artrius gleans his powers from the captive Gods of magic, harnessing it to summon Demons from the other dimensions, creating a diverse army. There are four types of demons.

Butcher
These hatchet carrying brutes depend on raw strength and cannibalistic ruthlessness. They eat their fallen comrades to regain sustenance and strength.
Strength level: 3 player(s)

Fleshling
Small dog-like Demons that suicidaly take out front line fighters. Their recklessness and raw speed forms them into the perfect army.
Strength level: 1 Player(s)

Stout
Giant and tall, these graceful Demons have unnaturally long arms and legs, sporting large bodies. They are used as transport and siege machines.
Strength level: 2 player(s)

Grimace
The average Orc-like fighters that are pierced by metal and weapons to physically enhance fighter capability. They are the average army, weak and expendable. When they lack in power, they make up for in numbers.
Strength level: 1/4 Player(s)

Have fun!

The Reluctant terror is a notorious Pub in the desert province. It is where the TPG hosts most meetings.

Last edited:
Erikk Bravenpaw is currently waiting eagerly at a table, in the middle of a crowded pub.

One hand full of blood and the of gold. Two perfect worlds merged together. And at the demon’s feet laid a mound of travelers. The creature would have bartered with them had they anything more valuable than gold on them. Although Ryuin loved the thrill of murder, it would spare lives if the source had rare knowledge or connections. Violence could not gain everything, as the demon had come to realize, and its deepest, most rooted desire was gold. Gold bars, coins, jewelry, anything gold. Anything.

Beyond the dull gold coins in hand, it watched the youngest traveler take one last breath. And just like that, there was no life among the group of humans. Their gold had been modest and worn, no shine left.

Ryuin thumbed at the coins, I want more…

The smell of blood, wasted and seeping, was enough to make the demon hungry.

Like a skilled killer, it had murdered its victims off the road, many miles from a caravan than was heading to an ever-growing village. The village was place Ryuin had done business in many times while incognito. A demon could not walk amongst people without disguise.

A sinister grin pulled at the corners of Ryuin’s mouth, revealing jagged, uneven fangs.

“Can’t waste all this meat, now can I?”

Staying off the road, the demon started up a small camp, working quickly as it knew the smell of cooking meat and the puffs of smoke would catch attention. The humans had not worn clothes worth selling, or even repurposing, so Ryuin used them to fuel the fire. Using its trusty hatchet, Bloody-Bones, it carved away at the meat, but ate the bones. The human meat was roasted over the fire, appearing to be simply animal meat.

It was before Ryuin had the chance to pack up all the meat and set out to sell it to humans in village that it was approached by a Stout and Grimace… and given orders… very interesting orders…

“Oh, I think I can do that…” Ryuin smirked, looking ahead to the nearest village. With a full belly, the demon could use logic and not be consumed by the need for blood. And it knew a few traders and merchants that might have the information it required: where to find Erikk Bravenpaw.

AnWizard AnWizard Kryptic Kryptic
Erikk Bravenpaw paces nervously around the pub table, one hand on his chin.
"When do you suppose the recruits will arrive, Eldramir?"
A Tainted Elf shakes his head while twirling his hand, dark energy billowing off in large waves.
"I do not presume to care for their well being, but I for one believe they may be in trouble. If I may, could I perhaps check upon them?"
Erikk nods,
"Be on your way. But make sure to notify the guards outside."
Erikk sits, putting his fist upon the table. He glances around nervously.
"Artrius usually sends someone or something by now..."
A large man in heavy plated armor, carrying a Staff walks in.
"Sir, patrols have scouted a Butcher on west end."
Erikk frowns, but eventually says,
"Send a battalion. They should make short work of that demon."
Koinu Koinu
(You're going to get a chance to kill some guys)
The man nods, walking out the door.
Just as soon as he leaves, Eldramir appears through the doorway holding the arm of a young boy, who could be 14 at best.
"Hello sir!" The young boy exclaims with a ecstatic tone.
"Is this.... All?" Erikk inquires with a dissapointed sigh.
Eldramir shakes his head, "We have a Sky Warlock and a Proficientist. Prehaps more."
"Who might you be?" Erikk queries the teen.
"My name is Terral! Nice to meet you!"
The commander Inspects the boy, walking in circles around him.
"Rather scrawny. What is your class?"
The boy is rocking on his heels as he answers
"Wizard sir, third faction!"
Utterly flabbergasted, the commander frowns.
"That is impossible. The third faction takes at least seventy years of practice to obtain."
The young boy shrugs as he says
"I guess it just comes naturally!"
"What is your artifact, and your two forms of enchantment?"
The boy lifts a small bronze orb with a great grin.
"This, uh, sir! And if you don't mind me correcting you, its three forms of magic."
Erikk shakes his head. "My boy, you are the one who is mistaken. But if you do not mind me inquiring, why do you say Three?"
The boy lifts his hand, an orb of stone, flame, and water circle in his palm.
Erikk's jaw drops as he says, "I-impossible! You must be.... Never mind. Seeing as you are clearly too advanced for our teaching. we must deny your approvement into the TPG."
The boy sulks, "You really aren't letting me join?"
Erikk groans upon seeing the fallen expression on the childs face.
"Fine. You may serve as 8th line."
The boy is clearly upset, but nods enthusiastically.
"Yessir!"
The general sighs a prolonged sound. "Eldramir, find the other recruits, and bring them here."
The Tainted Elf nods, and dissapears, sending a wave of shade fly through the air.

Ace had just awoken from a nightmare. God himself had sentenced him to eternal damnation. He gathered himself and remembered he had a meeting to attend
Ace sighed. He had always hated formal meetings. That hadn’t changed when he had been recruited for this team.
But a shot at killing god was a bit too enticing for him.
He has always despised him so naturally he took up the offer. He swung off his cot and headed for the Slightly rotten wooden door to his cave/home.
He would need to get that door fixed or someone would break in.
He headed towards the meeting spot. It would take him too long to get to the meeting stop he supposed. On his way there he heard talk of Buther on the loose.
Not my problem he thought to himself.

He eventually arrived at the meeting place The Reluctant Terror Pub.
The place stunk of moldy food and blood.
He had always disliked puns because they were loud.
He had a feeling this one was no different.
He muttered a curse at no one in particular and entered the pub.
Among a fairly large crowd he spotted Where he would need to go almost immediately.
Erikk and Eldramir sat at a table.
The table was in the back presumably so that their plans could not be heard.
a boy turn into mist.
Or should have surprised him but it didn’t not as much at it used to at least. He shoved his way through the crowd knocking a fair share of drunk humans over. He Eventually made his way over to the table and sat down. “I’m Jacklin but everyone calls me Ace. I’m one of your recruits. I’m the Proficientist.” He could tell this was gonna be a long day.

"Finally, something exciting again," was the first thing that came to Aelinor's mind when she read the letter telling her to head to the Reluctant Terror. Yes, a meeting like this usually meant a mission was coming up, but that was just another reason to be excited. Just the possibility of something new and interesting to do was in fact so distracting that she almost forgot the stack of scrolls she had been asked to deliver to one of the elders. But just almost!

She handed them off and then quickly headed over to where she kept the few things she didn't always have on herself: her trusty polearm (simply too unwieldy) and a backpack containing a change of clothes and a pair of blankets for bedding and protection against the elements at night.

With her things packed up, she went to the elder again to report that she would be away for a while; things like that happened often, and sooner or later everyone found their way back. Time was a non-issue if one lived as long as the elves.
Her journey to the pub was largely uneventful (not even any travellers with good stories, just the boring legends 'don't go into that part of the desert, an evil ghost king lives there who curses everyone who dares enter with eternal thirst' and the likes), so she used it to practice her magic a little bit more ...... and maybe mess up the ecosystem a little bit, but oh well... a day of rain never hurt anyone, not even in the desert. The only interesting thing to happen on her trek was a lone merchant, who offered her a bracelet in exchange for a night protected from the elements.

The tavern was exactly as she had expected it to be: Loud, chaotic, full of drunkards. In other words a great place to go for entertainment. Well... it was loud and chaotic except for a table in the back of the room, where two of the patrons had just been approached by a third, all of them looking way too serious for a place like this. That had to be where she needed to go. She took a deep breath and then weaved through the mass of drunk people toward the table.
"Hey, are you the men who are looking for me? .... or who I should look for, same difference." She greeted them "Well if you are, here I am. I am Aelinor ...... and if you're not the ones, then... don't mind me, I'll be on my way again."

Not born of an entirely intimidating nature, Ryuin was able to walk among humans without gaining too much attention. With a cloak and bandaged face the demon often appeared as a weather-beaten trader when incognito. However, it had made the mistake of trying to fit into a crowd on an empty stomach—Ryuin had no choice but to wind up slaughtering the entire town. It hadn’t been a huge establishment, no more than a hundred people, but it had still been an effort and had forced Ryuin into hiding for some time. A few later, Ryuin had learned its lesson: eat first, treasure-hunt later.

Ryuin’s obsession with gold had made it a bit of an outcast among other demons. Maybe because it often would choose to acquire gold over fighting alongside its demonic brethren? There was something about the cold, shiny stuff that just left the demon insatiable.

Unaware that Ryuin had been sighted or that rumors were spreading of the demon’s endeavors, it had not yet covered up its face as it traveled through the outskirts of civilization. With fresh meat, some cooked, some uncooked, it was ready to sell at the nearby town. Pure, shining gold was hard to actually come by but tainted, worn coins still brought a sense of satisfaction to the creature. It didn’t expect anything special, but it would be good to have more gold on hand, and perhaps some liquor, before seeking out his prey.

(YAll's, I'm gonna be dead for a while, (Sorry 4 dissapearing) So I'm giving Anwizardauthority over this rp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back