• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Arranged Marriage, Anyone?

Mobius

Three Thousand Club
I recently watched a Hallmark movie called The Magic of Ordinary Days. It was about an arranged marriage between a pregnant sophisticated woman and a farmer during the 1940s. Needless to say, it sparked quite the craving for an arranged marriage RP. I'm thinking something sweet with plenty of relationship development, nothing with a jerk of a guy making life hell for the girl. I'll play the guy or the girl and I'm up to several different time periods , all different plots, etc. so long as it's one of those feel good "aww" kind of stories. I'm not into supernatural, fantasy, sci-fi, or unrealistic. I'm really only thinking a realistic setting, though if it's historical the details don't have to be all correct (I'm not much of a historian or a stickler for that sort of thing. Just so long as there isn't a telephone in the 1800s, we'll be good lol).

As for myself, the frequency of my replies depends on a lot of different factors, mental health (which admittedly can be very fickle these days) and my terrible memory included (there's times where I swore I replied, but it turned out I didn't so feel free to bump me if it's been a little while). The less lengthy a reply has to be, the faster I can write it up. I can write anywhere from one liners (I genuinely don't mind those) up to 800-1,000 words, though I've found the sweet spot to be between 400-800 these days. As previously mentioned, I can play male or female characters, though I do prefer to stick with only MxF since it's what I have experience writing. I'll write in PMs or threads, but PMs are easier to keep track of. I'm in the EST, but my schedule is all wonky (I am trying to get on a more "normal" sleep schedule) so it's hard to say the typical hours I'm on. I LOVE to plot and enjoy chatting with my partner!

As for my partner, the main thing I'm hoping for is somebody friendly. Help a gal's social anxiety out here, haha. I'm not looking for a novelist here, but somebody with a grasp of grammar and punctuation would be cool. Um... yeah, I really don't have that many requirements! If you're friendly, like to plot, and write readable sentences we'll get along just fine!

Interested? Reply here or shoot me a PM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back