• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

Roan muttered something about their female counterpart being.. less than ideal to work with, "I could've gotten worms to do more work.."

"Thanks for gracing us with your presence, your majesty," He grumbled as he organized the storage boxes they had made.

Jack just shook his head. It had been a long day, and he wasn't willing to pursue this argument. Either Natalia's attitude changed in the morning or she could figure things out for herself until she did, Jack wasn't entirely willing to do labor for someone who added little to the group besides a pretty face and a nice figure. "Whatever, let's just get through the night without killing each other," he muttered, laying down on top of the sleeping bag. It was only marginally more comfortable than laying directly on the floor, and these thatch walls felt very fragile to the larger man, like he could break this hut into pieces by just leaning on it. He'd have to unlock sturdier building materials soon if they were going to do anything permanent.

Morning came, with a bang. Crashing through the ceiling were a series of ebony spikes spinning around an even bigger spike in the middle, glowing a bright prismatic white but not at all stopping for the structure it had destroyed or showing any consideration for the people underneath. "Shiiiit!" Jack did what seemed like a good idea, shoving Roan through one wall and rolling the opposite direction to get out of the of the thing, taking Natalie with him and crashing through the wall as the supply crate made contact with the ground.

The supply crate destroyed the shelter easily. Their sleeping bags were in shreds, the thatch hut in ruins, their boxes broken and the contents scattered on the ground, and getting to the crate looked precarious. Jack ended up on the bottom when he rolled to get Natalie out of the radius of the spinning blades, and when they separated he had blood all down his back from large pieces of wood and seashells, and everyone was convered in sand and bits of thatch.

Natalia would be mad normally, but she just had her life saved, so she isn't too mad. When Natalia realizes that Jack is very hurt, she begins to panic. "Jack! You're bleeding! A lot! Find some shallow water and put your wounds in it, that should make it feel better I guess? I'm not a doctor, just don't bleed out!" Natalia has a lot on her mind, she quickly runs to the supply drop and stares at it "Alright, no one touch this...Except me" She then reaches her hand out and rests it on the drop. Natalia felt that she was risking her life, but she didn't care, dying would be fine if it meant getting away from these dumb-asses...Atleast, that's what she thinks of them as of right now.

Roan groaned, only half awake for the event. When he looked up he saw the mangled remained of the hut and the supply crate that destroyed it, "Well, that's not exactly how I would have said good morning."

He stood up, brushing himself off, curious about the thing. After watching it for a moment he took a breath and stepped past the spinning blades when the timing was right. Walking up the the center.

"What if.." He mutters before using his implant to get into the thing, taking the supplies it held. Immediate the thing disappeared and Roan looked around, "Hey guys?"

"What did you do?" Natalia watched curiously, a little shocked, she begins to look at the implants more "What on earth is this stuff?" she continues to try to take hers out.

Inside the supply drop, which seemed to be very low-tier by it's supplies, was contained a full set of clothing woven out of fiber, which looked identical to the blueprint they could find in their engrams. That seemed pretty lucky, since these crates seemed pretty determined to destroy their shelter. Either that or they just got incredibly unlucky.

Jack attempted to take Natalia's advice about getting in the water to wash off the blood and sand, pulling out splinters and shells and trying to clean up enough that he could figure out what he needed to do in order to put his back back together. Apparently, though, blood in the water attracts those giant sharks, and they could hear a splash, jaws snapping, and Jack jumping as a megalodon half-beached itself trying to get at the bloodied giant. It snapped and wiggled before it managed to get free, prey having escaped. "Do not go in the water," Jack said, "Ever."

Everyone's implants buzzed as they got another Point. Well, two points, this time, and more engrams. Jack groaned, not the time, at all. The shelter was destroyed, all the hard work gone. "Whichever one of you patched me up yesterday," he said , pointing his thumb down at the palm leaves around his shins, "Can you do the same for my back?"

As Natalie tried to remove her implant, an electric shock ran through her system. If this were a cartoon, Jack and Roan would have been able to see Natalie's skeleton. The little progress Natalie had made in that endeavor of trying to remove the implant was quickly undone as the thing somehow pulled itself back into postion inside her wrist.

Last edited:
Natalia screams in pain and falls in the sand, her face in the sand as she holds her wrist in pain. "DON'T DO THAT" Natalia is in a lot of pain. A few minutes and she'd be back up, though it'd be easy to tell she was still feeling a little hurt, and scared. Natalia approaches Jack, she takes her waterskin and pours water on the wounds, she then grabs some palm leaves and wraps them around his wounds.

Natalia then approaches Roan and speaks to him, she was trying to walk seductively, trying to look as sexy as possible while approaching him "Hey Baby...If you give me those clothes, I'll kiss you."

"Wait don't you have the engram for clothes? Why do you need the ones I just got?" He asked, skeptical, "Why don't you just get the stuff to make your own?"

He folded his arms, "Or is that too much to ask?"

He rolled his eyes a bit, and walked off to his compies, making sure they still had food before going to their ruined shelter, "So what are we doing about this?"

Natalia sighs. "Leave, this place is in ruins, besides it was temporary, I say we go out and look for somewhere better, you never know what kind of place you could find.

Jack almost laughed at Natalia getting rejected. "Clearly," he pointed at the mark on the ground left by the crate, "That was a bad place to build." He looked around, where several other beacons for crates could be seen well-outside of walking distance, "If we can predict where those things appear, we'll know a safer place to be." He looked at Natalie, "If you're determined to not do anything else useful, you can at least help with that."

"I'M NOT USELESS!" Natalia is mad, very mad. "I can understand things you couldn't even dream of! And you call me fucking useless! I've been studying the creatures around here and you call me useless? Sure I can't do physical labor for shit, but that doesn't make me useless! I'm a fucking genius and you just don't understand yet!" Natalia storms off to sit on the other side of a nearby boulder, she has some paper so she can mark down where the drops are landing, making notes on a map she drew.

Roan picked up what he could of their belongings before looking at his stats, "Two points.."

He put one into his fortitude again, and the other into his strength. Who knew if he might need it. for his engrams, he decided on taking the bola and the wooden club, as well as a parasaur saddle.. "Right well.."

He paused his though to make a few of the things in question, giving Jack a wooden club, "Here. I'm going to go and tame us a parasaur. Give us a pack mule of sorts. Come help me."

Jack raised an eyebrow. "When did the word 'useless' come out of my mouth?" Right now labor was what was needed. They needed tools, shelter, and a safe way to go about the island. If all Natalie could do was complain and freak out, then as far as Jack was concerned, she was on her own. He shook his head and patted Roan on the shoulder, "Let's just get some materials, those parasaurs run from us so they can't be too hard to drop if we can get it to sit still."

He opened his menu to see if there was something he could make that would do that, and found that he could unlock something that did. He put a stat point into Movement Speed and then ate some of the remaining meat for breakfast to get some food in his belly, and spending his Engram points on stuff he thought would be useful to build a sturdier shelter and kill food faster. "Oh, that's a saddle," he scratched his chin, "Maybe we could ride one of those?

"That's what I thought too. I have some bolas so we might be able to trap them long enough to tame it," Roan commented, "And these clubs could help keep predators at bay."

He ate some food and drank a bit, getting ready to go about taming.

"Good idea," Jack nodded, "It might be easier to do this, though, if we have some more materials to work with." He started collecting materials from trees and bushes, and made a bow, before going to the boulders to collect flint, and started making arrows. Unlike Natalie, apparently, Jack did get the engram for clothes, and churned out a set for himself with the excess fiber and leftover hide from yesterday that was salvageable.

"Let's go find a parasaur, hopefully within range we can drag it back here and keep it restrained," Jack said, "I'll comb the beach, you go up on that ridge," he pointed where the trees were thicker.

"I saw some down that way yesterday," Roan said, gesturing toward the area he had tamed the compies in, "Why don't we start there?"

He knew he had seen at least two.. and he still had plenty of berries on him to tame with. He didn't want to spend his engram points unless he had to.

"Good idea," if there were two, then that meant they might be able to tame both, and that meant they would have both a mount that moved faster than they could just walking, and could carry much more than they could, too. And they'd be a lot higher off the ground on one of those, so they'd have a much better viewpoint.

Jack on the beach and Roan on the ridge, they could see there were in fact parasaurs amongst the trikes and carbonemys making their way around. Jack made sure Roan could see before giving the signal to bola the parasaurs.

Roan watched the parasaurs, waiting for the cue from Jack. Once he saw the man nod, Roan bolaed both of the larger dinosaurs and slid down a slope on the ridge to the dinosaurs, "Give them berries."

He assumed that's how it was done. Offering some berries to the beasts, Roan noticed a bar below the creature names labelled "Tame Progress" that slowly moved up.

The parasaurs immediately panicked when they were bolaed, loudly declaring the presence of a threat. Their call scattered the other herbivores, except for the dodos that never ran from a threat unless they were attacked directly.

The two parasaurs were brightly colored. The one Jack was trying to calm and feed berries was bright green with a dark red ridge down it's spine. The beast didn't seem too fond of the giant man handling it, but after a while it got hungry enough to eat the berries Jack was offering over continuing to bellow and panic. "Huh," Jack commented, "Think Natalia's ever gonna hit that point?", he asked, gesturing to the parasaur that had complained itself into exhaustion and just did what it was told instead of making life difficult.

Roan chuckled as he fed his parasaur. It was white with a redish underbelly, "She might. Who knows?"

After a few moments, the bar was filled and the parasaur was ready to be named. Roan thought for a moment, "How about.... Figaro."

"Figaro, sounds fancy," Jack chuckled. His parasaur took longer to get to accept food, so Figaro was tamed much earlier than Jack's, who he named "Hardhead" after a moment. No one ever accused Jack of being creative with his names.

"Hardhead?" Roan repeated with a laugh, "I would think maybe for a trike."

He shrugged, getting into his implant and dressing his parasaur with a saddle, "There we go."

Making sure it wouldnt slip, Roan climbed onto the parasaur, "The view is great up here."

"The thing's hardheaded," Jack shrugged. He didn't have the materials for the saddle on hand so he had to go beat up some birds and skin them in order to get the hide, but by noon the two of them were able to ride their new mounts back to where the shelter used to be. Somehow the pieces had vanished like the corpses of their kills or trees and rocks when broken down. "Natalia!", he called from the top of his parasaur, figuring she had to be around here somewhere, unless she'd managed to get into trouble again.

"Where did she run off to?" He commented, "I hope she didn't just go off and try to build somewhere without us."

The girl could barely carry a rock, let alone build. Though, with the help of their implant, building wasn't that hard.

Natalia comes out from behind her rock with a map of the nearby area and markers of where the loot drops come in. "Guys! I'm here! I made a map, what on earth were you guys doing? Taming more creatures?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back