• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

Seeing the raptor snapping and growling, confused as to how its legs has just been taken out from under it. The paras started panicking when they saw the raptors, rising up as high as they could and calling loudly. Around them, Jack, Natalia, and Roan could see three pulsing red circles. One of them was on the body of the raptor Roan had just bolaed, the other two were on either side, one up the ridge and the other was mere feet behind oblivious Jack.

"Oh, no," Jack reached for his bow, "We gotta go..."

"Behind you!", Natalia screeched as the one behind Jack pounced on the man and put him on the ground.

"Jack!" Roan yelled, rushing to bola the raptor and shove it off of him. The compies, reacting quickly, took care of the raptor, one being killed in the process. Meanwhile a scream was heard from Natalia, then silence. When Roan turned around, he saw it. The third raptor tearing at her, "Oh my god..."

Pulling Jack to his feet, Roan made quick work in mounting Figaro. With Jack now on Hardhead, they darted down the hill, into the forest to the west. The didn't know what they might find, but anything was safer than with those beasts.

The two raptors they hadn't been able to take care of quickly got free, the first one bolaed finally getting loose, while the other looked up from Natalia's vanishing corpse as her flesh appeared in its inventory as meat, and they gave chase.

Roan's compies couldn't fight off both raptors, especially with their dwindling numbers. The pair of survivors would have been eaten if not for their failure to look forward while trying to shoot back at them, and the parasaurs, not being able to stop in time, the two and their parasaurs tumbled down the side of a cliff. The raptors paused at the edge, much more agile than the parasaurs. They seemed to decide it wasn't worth the trouble to pursue them down the cliff, by the time they found a way down something else would have come along to eat them, and they went to go cannibalize the corpse of their fallen pack member to eat this time.

Roan let out a yell as he, the two parasaurs, and Jack came crashing onto a rocky beach below the cliff. Roan groaned, sore and aching, head pulsing with pain. The parasaurs easily stood, though swaying a bit. Roan laid on the beach, not moving much as he tried to regain his senses. One survivor and three compies.. Gone, "Note to self... Raptors are a pain..."

Jack's head hit a rock, and he saw black, not waking up for a moment as Hardhead, Figaro, and Roan got their bearings. When he did wake up, it took him a while to get back to his feet, and he was bleeding profusely from the wound. "Ow..." He felt the cut and winced. "Let's not do that again."

Roan was dizzy but was able to make sense of his surroundings. He looked at Jack, voice lowered from his headache, "You ok? You hit pretty hard.. Y-your head."

He stood, stumbling a bit and quickly discovering a sprained ankle. He hissed in pain and hobbled to Jack, "You're bleeding pretty bad..."

Getting into his inventory, Roan pulled out a spare clothe hat, using it as a bandage for Jack's head, "Here... Let's just... sit here... Recover."

"Thanks," Jack guided Roan towards a rock he could it on before washing blood away with the remains of his waterskin's contents so he could put the bandage on without making a mess, sputtering before it was over.

"Damn spinosaurus," he muttered. if not for that thing, they'd still have all their dinos, Natalia would still be alive, as annoying as they had been, and now they were injured and stranded on a beach again.

"No kidding," Roan muttered, "At least we still have the parasaurs.."

He rubbed his own head. No serious injuries to it but a knot on the back from a small rock he hit, "No wonder my head kills.."

"Let's just..." Jack got up and stumbled over to Hardhead, gathering materials and using his implant to craft some thatch building structures to assemble a quick shelter for the two of them. "This day has been a disaster."

"Yea.. It has," Roan agreed and limped over to help him build, taking some of the crafted structures and helping to set things up, "I think moving somewhere else will be better in the morning."

After a while, they were able to set up a one room shack with an external area and high walls to keep the parasaurs out of the eyes of any possible predators that might make their way by. They couldn't afford to lose them too.

"Roan," Jack said as he sat down on a sleeping bag, "I think we're gonna need to put some points into our parasaur's movement speed if we've gotta outrun raptors now." Granted, they hadn't encountered any until they went inland, so the only dangers on the beaches seemed to be dilophosaurs, pegomastaxes, and icthyorni, which were easy to kill and avoid. Hopefully it stayed that way until well-after morning.

"Yea.. Agreed," Roan said and laid back on a sleeping bag, "We should build up their stats as much as we can. Or make them strong enough to fight off anything.."

He rubbed his eyes, the small bit of pressure helping to relieve some pain, "They might have points, actually. We haven't checked since we tamed them."

That seemed like a good idea. "We'll look at their points in the morning, when we're not about to fall over." He couldn't imagine that there was much that could go wrong with trying to make sure they stayed alive. "We should probably stay on the beach for a while, too," he said as he laid down himself.

" Yea. We have enough meat with us to stay alive." Roan commented, "I don't have the energy to check right now. My head is throbbing. I feel sick.. And my ankle hurts. Not to mention your head injury. You should rest more than me and I don't even want to move. I can't imagine how you feel."

Jack chuckled and then groaned, "Feels like I'm trying to wade through wet sand neck deep." His back wasn't being too friendly with him, his head definitely wasn't agreeing with him, and he'd almost certainly wake up with a bruise on half of his face.

"Yea, doesn't sound too fun," Roan muttered. He yawned, yelping a bit as the pain in his head increased, "OW!"

It definitely wasn't fun, Jack had to agree as he laid down. Hopefully it wouldn't suck as much in the morning.

Morning came, relatively uneventfully. The two's head injuries had faded into dull but persistent headaches, while the rest of them was... serviceable, at the very least. Compared to the humans before the formation of the ARKs, they were healing at an accellerated rate, but without a comparison all they had were their own experiences and it seemed like a good night's sleep was the answer to everything but death and dismemberment.

The paras indeed had stat points available, that was quite an adventure they survived, with that spinosaurus being quite strong despite being overwhelmed relatively easily. "Well, something good came out of that mess," Jack grumbled as he started assigning points into Health, Stamina, and Movement Speed on Hardhead. The two's implants buzzed while they were assigning points, telling them they'd unlocked more.

"For us too I suppose," Roan said as he assigned the stats to speed, health and strength on Figaro. Afterwards, he took a look at his own stats. Speed and health were his priority now. He hummed, looking at the engrams now. He hummed, "Looks like you can get stronger building parts."

He decided that he would save his points still, "I'll hold off on these engrams. If we are desperate for anything I'll take it."

Jack glanced down at his implant once he'd finished with Hardhead. The paras were doing much better now that they'd been out of danger for some time, healing like their masters. "Yeah, that's definitely happening," he agreed as he put his stat points into Movement Speed and Health, like Roan. But assigning those points would take a while. There were only two of them, now, so they'd have to be strategic about how they spent their points so they'd know they had most bases covered.

"You know what gets me," he said as he looked at the tree, "i can see a boat on here. Those raptors can't swim and I've never seen a megalodon attack driftwood, so that would probably be safest, but the damn thing's just barely beyond what I can unlock." He put the implant down, "I think these things are messing with us." Outside, they could hear the sound of supply crates descending, the grinding spinning sound they were familiar with from yesterday morning, but not on the shelter. Further down the beach, two crates were touching down, one white and one green. The white crate had a bright orange ring around it, and contained a stack of three items labeled "Simple Bed", which didn't look very comfortable but at least it seemed sturdier than the sleeping bags, as well as some storage crates and a standing torch. The green one contained a Mortar and Pestle, many arrows, and a large quantity of narcoberries.

"Should we go for those crates?" Roan asked, looking out at the spinning things down the beach, "We could use supplies. It may not be much but it could be something."

"Yeah," jack scratched his head, "We've gotta start somewhere." Dammit, Natalia had the map of where those things dropped! It was probably sitting in a pile of raptor turds right now. "I'll take the white, you take the green?"

"Sounds good." Roan said, approaching the crate. Just like before, he waiting, timing it before stepping in and taking the contents inside, "Not bad. This is really useful."

Jack had a bit more trouble fitting between the spinning blades quickly to retrieve the goods. He suspected they were a deterrent to keep dinos from getting to the contents, since it required timing to get there without getting shredded. "Well, this definitely isn't as portable as the sleeping bags," he commented, looking at the new items in his inventory. "But I guess we can't complain." If Jack had a choice in the matter, those crates would carry an inpenetrable fortress full of already tamed monstrous creatures ready to defend the two against all threats, but beggers can't be choosers.

"What did you have?" Roan asked, looking at the other man, "I got a bunch of stuff for making narcotics. Maybe I should take those engrams.."

"Something called a 'thatch bed', some storage crates, and standing torches," Jack picked his spear back up and glanced around, making sure another raptor attack wasn't likely to happen. "We're gonna have to plan our engrams more strategically, now that there's just the two of us, we've lost a third of our strategic abilities."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back