• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

"Try using it on that boulder over there. The torch and hatchet seem to need flint and stone," Roan said, "I don't know how to get flint, but you could give it a try."

Meanwhile, Roan picked the plants around him, taking up as many berries as he could. After a few moment, he stopped, choosing to craft a pickaxe himself. The sound of a trill nearby alerted Roan to the presence of yet another dilophosaurus. Roan stood quickly, looking around. After a moment, he was his with whatever venom the dinosaur spat, causing the compies he had previously tamed to go and attack the creature, killing it.

Natalia crafts a pickaxe, she hits a boulder and recieves flint. "Guys! You get flint from rocks!" She harvests some resources for herself, after a while of that she climbs up a boulder and sits down sighing. Natalia looks at the ocean and begins to think about what could be out there. Natalia sighs.

Jack nodded, flipping his new pickaxe around in the air a few times as he made his way to the boulder and started swinging. Somehow the axehead didn't just snap off of the flimsy handle, and instead Jack saw that he'd gained three pieces of flint. Another swing and he got a single stone. "Hmm..." He looked at his recipes again. "I've got an idea," he made a hatchet using that flint, and hit the rock with it, which dropped more stone into his inventory than flint. "Hey, guys-" he stopped when he heard the compies going at it, and assuming either Roan's had gone feral again or that more had shown up, he lept into action, running over with hatchet in hand.

"Where's the- oh." he lowered his axe as he saw the corpse of the dilo vanish into the compies' inventories as meat. Now that was something else he had to keep track of. Shaking his head, he returned back to where they'd started, and started cutting trees down and gathering materials to make a campfire, plopping that down. "Does anyone have any raw meat?"

Roan rubbed his eyes, clearing his vision. Going to his compies, he looked into their inventories using his implant, " Compies have plenty.. I have berries if anyone needs food."

Then he got the idea, "Hey, we can use the compies to fight and get more meat."

He saw that the compies were about to have their stats increased as well. He thought before putting the points into their health, making them stronger against attacks. He smiled at the compies all celebrated, "There you go. Stronger already."

"I don't like that idea," Jack shook his head, eyeing the compies. He didn't trust them to not just run away and go get friends to attack while the three of them were distracted. He looked at his inventory, "If I can get some fiber, I can make spears, we can drop dodos for meat."

"Here, I have a whole bunch," Roan said, dropping some from his inventory, "Maybe we can tame some of the larger beasts. It would provide us with rides and protection I would think."

"Thanks," Jack caught the parcel and started crafting. "Here," he tossed a parcel back to Roan. For some reason, no matter the item, whenever something was ejected from the inventory it appeared as a small parcel a little over twice the size of Jack's foot.

Taming larger beasts could be very useful, if they could be trusted. "Let's hold off on that, until we're pretty secure and can fight one if we have to." He didn't want to know what the horns of one of those trikes would do to his face.

Roan picked up the parcel, "Thanks."

He looked around and saw a few dodos, "Lets get some meat then."

Roan equipped the spears and a went over to one of the dodos, his compies following along. Attacking one, Roan watched as a dodo squawked and waddled away, only to be chased down by his compies, "They really make this easy..."

"You got compy spit all over the meat," Jack shook his head. his apprach to dodo hunting was more like walk up, grab it by the neck, and then stab it repeatedly in the chest until it stopped moving. Carving it up with his axe, he found he got hides from it. "Hey, if you use an axe you get hide from these things!", he called over to Roan.

Roan nodded at the comment, lookin into the compies inventories, "The compies do too. Think the fire will get rid of the venom?"

He took the hide from the compies, putting it in his own inventory. That might be useful later.

Natalia walks to Jack and opened her hand, holding it out. "Give me hide, I want to show you something." She seems to know what she's doing, though she sounds very rude. Natalia looks a little tired.

Jack raised an eyebrow, but reached into his inventory and dropped a parcel into Natalia's hand. They could probably get more very quickly hunting dodos, anyway.

"I'm not sure if fire will take out the venom, but it's worth a shot." He shrugged in Roan's direction, before spearing another dodo.

"I mean, If cooking it makes it safe to eat, It would make sense, right?" Roan said, trying to make sense of it. He shook his head, having confused himself, "I wonder if we could tame dodos. Make like... a dodo farm..."

Natalia begins to craft waterskins, she makes one for everyone, she fills em up and sets them in the sand.
"Guys, you'll need water to live, these will let you hold water." She smiles.

"Neat," Jack picked up a skin, taking a drink before putting it in his inventory. Focusing back on the dodos, "I guess it would be kinda hard for a bunch of birds this week to bite us in the ass," he said, looking at the birds. "But we don't have a way to keep them in one area to make that happen." They might be able to build something to that end, but Jack hadn't unlocked any building recipes and he didn't think the other two had, either.

Roan thought for a moment, "Maybe we can train them to stay still?"

He laughed at the idea, "That'll never happen."

He took one of the skins, " Thank you... We should really think about building shelter..."

"No, we shouldn't, that would take too much energy, we need to find a natural form of shelter, a cave, or a rock formation, it'll be so much easier." She begins to look around. "I did have a silly idea, perhaps we could go to the ocean and look for more land."

"Bad idea," Jack shook his head, "At least here, we know we're safe. We probably can't outswim anything, and if compies can put us down imagine what... that can do," He spun Natalia around and pointed at a megalodon bursting out of the water and chomping a bird out of the air.

"If you don't want to do it, then fine, but I agree with Jack," Roan said, "Swimming is a bad idea.. Building would be a lot safer. Besides its not that much energy really. I mean what else would we do?"

Natalia took Jacks hands off her quickly. "Don't touch me you big fucking brute!" Natalia clearly hated being touched. "Yeah sure, water is a bad idea, and that's why it's a good idea. Nothing except for the things from the ocean will come into the water, therefor, let's find a way to live in water. But if you guys insist, let's build a shelter. I'm not architecturally savvy, so don't expect me to know how to build a building."

Jack hastily took his hands back, putting them up. "Testy, damn." He shook his head, "Look, you wanna live in the water, be my gues," he opened up his engrams, "But the only thing I can see that even looks like it'll float we can't unlock for a while." He shook his head, "If one of you unlocks the sleeping bag, I'll unlock the thatch building, we'll have something by nightfall."

"I'll get the sleeping bag," Roan said, "I'd rather not risk being eaten in the water."

Roan got to work getting the supplies need for shelter and sleeping bags. giving Jack whatever supplies he needed.

Natalia begins learning properties of things around them, Natalia then begins to watch a compy, very intrigued with its behavior.

Natalia ignore the men as they do things she could care so much less about.

Jack sighed at Natalia's behavior. Hopefully that wasn't permanent, because he wasn't quite sure if it was possible for the two of them to support three when one of them didn't seem too keen on the labor required.

Nonetheless, pick and axe at the ready, Jack and Roan went about stripping that part of the peninsula of all trees, bushes, and stones for building materials, berries, and the occasional dodo that was quickly added to the meat on the fire to cook. "If you're gonna do nothing else you can at least make sure the meat doesn't burn," Jack commented, as he passed to dump some more wood into the think to keep it burning.

By nightfall, they did successfully have some kind of shelter. It was a bit crammed for everyone's individual tastes, but by the sounds of things moving outside they didn't really have a choice in the matter, there just wasn't enough time by the time Jack was able to make building items to build something larger. Their sleeping bags barely fit at all.

Natalia went into the house. "Wow! It isn't collapsing! You actually did something useful! Nice going big guy." She smiled at Jack. "Anyways, I'm going to sleep. Seeya in the morning." Natalia layed in bed, well, her sleeping bag. Natalia sighed and curled in a ball, she began to fall asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back