• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

"We got mounts," Jack explained, "And I've got an idea." He explained that he wasn't quite sure what it took to gain Engram points so he could unlock stronger materials, but seeing as their shelter could be destroyed so easily, it might be a good idea to have an excess of materials on hand so they could rebuild or repair quickly. And with those extra materials, they would also be able to build something larger than the one-room shack they'd created last night. "If we strip this part of the peninsula down to the ground," he explained, "We'll have a massive excess of materials. If these engrams are rewards for doing stuff, that might get us more points so we can unlock stronger stuff."

"Smart! I didn't expect something like that from you!" She smiles at him. Natalia isn't being rude for some reason.
Natalia folds up her map and sets it in her inventory, Natalia seems...Happy? This is nice to see."I'm not the strongest, but you give me some tools and I'll try my best to help!"

What is going on with her?

As Jack spoke, rattling on about his idea, Roan wandered on his mount. With a prod to Figaro's side, the dinosaur tore down a tree and a few bits of foliage. Intruiged, Roan looked into it's inventory only to find a load of thatch, berries, and fiber, "Hey guys.. The parasaurs can help too. Maybe... Maybe herbavores can help up collect thatch and other plant based supplies in greater quantity."

"Man you guys keep having fantastic ideas! Wonderful! Let's get to work!" Natalia smiles at the others. Something is seriously wrong with her. Natalia looks off, like she might be hurt, or sick.
It's always hard to tell with this bitch.

"Hold up," Jack dropped the reins on his parasaur and leaned over to look at Natalia a bit more closely. "A few hours ago you'd stab me with your pickaxe for talking to you and you wouldn't lift a finger if it could be done for you." He crossed his arms, "What happened? Where's Natalia."

She sighs "I'm being productive? Isn't this what you want?" Natalia is trying to be someone she isn't to make them happy, even though it bothers her a lot.

Roan sighed, "Sure, we wanted you to be productive. It's hard for us to be doing all this hard work when you don't want to put any effort forth."

He hopped off the dinosaur, "Once we can, I'd like to get you a dinosaur so you can run around more efficiently."

Jack thought about that. "How about you pick berries and fiber, I'll work rocks, and Roan can do wood," he offered, "Our paras can carry a lot more than we can, so we'll need the extra carry weight." He crafted a few storage boxes and set them down, "Wood, thatch, stone, flint, fiber, and hide if anyone kills anything," he explained, pointing to the individual boxes, "If you get meat, put it on the fire and cook it."

Roan nodded, "I'll go get some more thatch and stuff from up the hill. I'll leave a compy here in case you guys need help."

As he turned, he gave a whistle, leaving the one behind. He made his way to get supplies, looking for any creatures he might be able to tame along the way.

Jack turned on his para, looking around for boulders to break down. He got off of his parasaur and started hacking boulders apart for their stone, transferring the resulting flint and stone into Bonehead's inventory.

Natalia, to her credit, did actually do what was asked of her, and started combing through bushes for the materials they contained, without starting a fight. What was going on with that woman indeed, she almost seemed like she was trying not to be aggravating for once. It was unnerving, such a drastic shift over the course of a morning.

The three met up a few times to unload their materials into the respective storage crates, over the course of the day filling them up. The danger of this endeavor actually did not come from what they were doing. Roan easily found an abundance of dinosaurs that would be available for his taming if he could restrain them. Triceratops were herbivores, he could pacify one with berries, but the were in herds and too strong to be restrained by bolas. The same was true of carbonemys turtles, who avoided the human. Dilos appeared, but were much too easy to dispose of with the help of a para and compies. Rather, upriver on the east side of the peninsula, there was a massive sail sticking out of the water as something swam underneath. Eventually, it appeared coming out of the water on the opposite beach from the east side of the peninsula to drag a lone stegosaurus down into the water. Spinosaurus, a big beast, with strong jaws.

Witnessing the large dinosaur taking down the stego, Roan hummed, if it came their way, they trio would be in big trouble. Roan found this troublesome, and decided their need to move was far more apparent now. He returned to his counterparts, " We should get moving soon.. I can get us a trike with some help.. There's a much... much bigger creature across the water.. I don't like how close it is.."

"What kind of creature?", Jack looked up from the box of flint, all nice and shiny sharp pieces of stone filling it to the brim.

"You see what I said?", Natalia crossed her arms, "I told you we had to get out of here!"

"That's what we were working on, Natalia. That's why we are gathering." Roan said calmly before turning to Jack, "A spino. It just took down another dinosaur across the river. If it crosses, we're going to have a hard time getting rid of it."

Roan looked back across the river to see the sail now halfway in their direction, "Now, would be a great time to move. Who's the fastest of the three of us?"

"I've got a point in Movement speed, the paras are faster, though," Jack said as he started moving things into Hardhead's inventory. "Natalia, get in the saddle." He didn't give the woman a chance to complain about that and picked her up, heaving her over the ridge onto the thing.

"I can distract it if need be," Roan offered, hopping down to help stuff things into the paras' inventories. The sooner they moved the better off they'd all be. Once the majority of their belongings were on the dinos, Roan whistled for all of them to follow him before getting onto Figaro, "Let's move. That hill across the lagoon may be a safe spot for the time being. Let's head up there."

"You two go," Jack pulled out his bow, "I'll distract it." If he could make it bleed, the blood should attract megalodons like when he bled in the water.

"And if it gets you?", Nataria asked.

"Then I'll give it the shits, now go," Jack slapped Hardhead's flank and sent the parasaur running towards the hill.

"It isn't quite to the beach yet," Roan said, "Stick with us, you may not even need to distract that thing."

He took another look, the sail was still lingering in the water, "It might not even notice us, we could be gone before it reaches the beach.."

"Roan," Jack looked up, "That thing swims faster than these paras move, all it has to do is find the tracks and smell the raw meat we're carrying, and we're in trouble." He nocked an arrow and looked back at the beach, "If I can make it bleed in the water the sharks will take care of it, and I'll catch back up."

"Ok... Be careful." Roan said and took off after Natalia. Once he was safely on the other side, he stopped at the top of the cliff, watching Jack on the beach. If he needed help, Roan was ready to race back and aid him.

"Think he'll be okay?", Natalia asked when Roan caught up. Laiden with materials as the paras were, they couldn't run long distances, if Jack's plan backfired they wouldn't be able to outrun that spinosaurus.

Down on the beach, Jack got up on top of one of the few boulders remaining to get a better viewpoint, drawing the string back and taking aim. There had to be one of those sharks around, he couldn't imagine anything could have killed the one that almost got him. True to form he did spot a familiar pointed fin sticking out of the water. "Good shark," he took aim at the spino again as it got closer to land. "Surprise!" Jack's first arrow went wide, inexperience with the bow. That got the spino's attention at the splash and it momentarily changed course to investigate. His second arrow, aimed at the base of the tail where it seemed like there would be a lot of blood to pour out, sailed home. Blood in the water.

But now the spino was aggravated at Jack, turning around and ignoring the initial flash to come straight towards the beach. "Shiiit!" Now Jack started running, hopping across river stones to get across the small canal to the west of where they'd washed up, and kept running past the two to take cover in the trees from the thing if the megalodon didn't take care of the issue.

"I think that answers our question, time to hop off these two," Roan said, jumping down. If he could figure out how.. He though for a moment before grabbing a spear and throwing it at the large beast, nailing its shoulder. As if understanding, the two parasaurs and three compies rushed the larger dinosaur, which was now raging at Roan. Before he even had the change to turn and run, the pack of dinosaurs had the larger spino attempting to flee before finally collapsing. Roan stared in shock, "Well.. Number beats size I suppose."

In it's fleeping, the spino ran back into the water. Now bleeding profusely from it's wounds, it had no problem attracting the megalodon, which almost immediately set about tearing at the corpse in the shallows, which sent the parasaurs and compies running back from the new predator, also injured and not having a good time themselves.

"That worked?", Jack wheezed.

"Partly, bonehead," Natalia shook her head, "We had to drive it back into the water for the sharks to get it!"

"It still worked," Roan replied, "All that matters."

He went to Jack, "You ok? I thought for sure that thing was going to get you."

Glancing at their dinosaurs, Roan noticed they were all pretty beaten up, "Looks like its time to take a little break. They fought hard."

"I'll be... fine," Jack waved the other man off, "Just tired." He sat down against the roots to catch his breath, "You," he pointed at Natalia, "Unless you come up with a better plan you don't get to complain about mine." Natalia harumffed and crossed her arms, sitting on a boulder.

After a bit, Jack got wind back in him and was able to get up, and they could tend to the dinos and patch them up.

Roan tended to the dinos, making sure they were all fed, "I think they'll be ok. they just need to rest. I hope nothing dangerous is up here."

He sighed and looked around. more parasaurs, an iguanadon and- "Shit!"

Roan yelped as he quickly threw out a bola, trapping a raptor that had silently start charging them,"That was a close one.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back