• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Apocalypse: Not your typical 'zombie'

Casey slowly breathed out a controlled stream of air before letting her hands drop back to her sides. She looked back to Derrick. "We should probably get going. Though, if it's ok with you, I'd like to stop at my makeshift hideout for supplies. I'm not sure about you, but," Her hands rested on her thin stomach. "I could use something to eat."

Derrick nodded, "Yeah, that would probably be good." he hefted his gear watching Casey closely in case he had to catch her. The reality of the fact that he was going to be travelling with someone was settling in and he was a little wary of his previous experience. He looked for something to take his mind off of it, scratching his head, "You know I really miss haircuts." He gripped his hair, "I look like a scruffy dog." he shrugged, "What do you miss most?" Derrick asked looking up at the abandoned buildings.

(Alright, just havent seen much activity or anything happen with my char cause hes passed out in the sporting goods store)

Casey began towards the tree she temporarily inhabited. She thought of the last time her mother cut her hair. It had been years ago and after her death her brother would cut it. She was drawn out of her thoughts by Derrick's comment on his appearance. She smiled. He then asked what she missed the most. "Well..." She thought for a moment. "I was only 18 months old when everything fell apart so I had only heard stories about the way things were. Though if I had to choose one thing I missed..." She hesitated, unsure if she should reveal her past to him. "I would have to say how I would fall asleep in my mother's arms when I was little." She smiled nostalgically at the ground, remembering her mothers hushed words.

Devin worked his way towards the mall. He smelt something absolutely delicious drifting from that direction. He couldn't name the smell but it was irresistible. Slowly opening the front door he froze when heard someone talking. Something about a super model and physiques. He then realized that the smell was coming from the direction of the voice.

Derrick couldn't help himself but smile, "That's a good one." He admitted, the surroundings gave a dismal outlook on something that simple. "I would not mind a place that I'm safe from." He let himself trail off and not finish the statement, safety from what exactly what? A noise put him on alert, but he was unable to pinpoint where it came from. The sounds of a second person's shoes didn't help, but he was sure he had heard something running, not two legs but four. He found himself unconsciously licking his lips at the thought of a juicy stray dog. After a moment, he chuckled to himself, "Heh mutt roast."

John was in the back of the mall trying to make as least amount of noise possible. He was rummaging through the hardware store and was looking for a new pair of boots. "Jesus i hope there is no one else in here" He stops for a second to listen before finding a new pair of ankle high boots and lacing them up. He has bean savaging for so long that he has started paking scrap metal under his clothes. "Still need something for my ankles..." He says as he begins to eye some of the sheet metal they had in the back.

As Leon stood their looking out the window for a while i decided to go back to bed. But I couldn't go to sleep so I started checking my supplies and noticed that I am low on fishing line, bullets for my gun, polish for my gauntlets, and my boots are a little torn up. I remember that their was a sporting goods store built into the mall even though I hate malls I hate not having supplies I deem mandatory. Plus this time i am by myself so what happened before is highly unlikely to happen again. So I head over to the Sports store and when i get inside i see someone laying on the ground i go over to him and notice that it's the kid who held the shotgun to his face the other day and probable the one that was helping the group in the fight by sniping. So i try and wake him up.

@Cruor Flumine

(I'm just gonna scootch in here. Anyone got a list of the posting order?)

Max took a deep breath, and walked out of his latest hideout. He had been hearing gunfire all day, and he wanted to check out the new "neighbors" in town. He walked towards the last place he heard them (the mall), while surveying his surroundings, on the lookout for 'Zed. Every now and then, he would stop and grab something that caught his eye; spare parts, medium sized pieces of metal, and fuel from cars he had tested for gasoline earlier. Finally coming upon the mall, he yelled "Anyone there? I don't want to shoot another person by accident!" He idly looked around while he waited for a response, making a mental note to take anything he could scavenge from the mall later.

(No posting order, post whenever ^-^ )

I nudged Felix after hearing the loud person asking if anyone was in the mall. "Should we answer..?" I awkwardly and slowly make my way towards to voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcus shot up from his spot. It took him a moment to regain his senses before he rubbed his eyes and stood up, stretching and causing a few bones to audibly crack and pop.

"I guess so, but stay alert we might not be the only ones who heard it, and he might not be friendly." I say while slowly walking toward the voice.

Max observed the two, and then raised his hand in greeting. "Hey. I didn't know anyonelse was around here. What 'ya doing here?" He seemed to be only mildly surprised at their presence, yet he seemed somewhat indifferent about the encounter.

FeIix said:
I wave, "Hi, I take it your non-hostile?"
"Yeah. I don't shoot people, unless they really fucking piss me off. Zed's, on the other hand...". Max pantomimes pouring a can of gasoline, and then throwing a match onto the imaginary fuel on the floor.

As the kid shot up it startled me and then after he was done stretching. I asked "are you okay you were passed out on the ground?"

@Cruor Flumine

Hazeron said:
"Yeah. I don't shoot people, unless they really fucking piss me off. Zed's, on the other hand...". Max pantomimes pouring a can of gasoline, and then throwing a match onto the imaginary fuel on the floor.
"Zed's? You mean zombies?" I ask while glancing at Addie with a worried look.

FeIix said:
"Zed's? You mean zombies?" I ask while glancing at Addie with a worried look.
"Yeah, yeah. Zombies. I like calling 'em Zed. Rolls off the tongue." He looked around, and then said "So, what ARE you doing here?"

Devin crept into the sporting goods store. There was a sudden flood of smells. He could discern five differences. Four of them were similar, sweet and heavy, and one was sort of fetid. He then heard people talking. He slowly worked his way towards the voices. When he saw were they were coming from he realized what he was smelling. Flesh, human flesh. He was becoming a zombie, he was craving flesh. After making this realization he tried to forget the smells and look over the scene in front of him. He recognized Marcus, Addie and Felix right away. There was another person he didn't recognize. He decided to wait and see if Felix would leave for social reasons, like he had when they first met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back