• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Apocalypse: Not your typical 'zombie'

It's the year 2037 and technology has only slightly advanced. Since October 17 of the year 2021, there have been what most call 'zombies' going around and trying to demolish humanity. You always heard of zombies from movies, books, and that kind of thing. You always heard how slow, brainless, and disgusting creatures hunted down humans, but these so called zombies are different than that of legend. Real zombies are inhumanly fast. They don't just seek food and life force from killing humans. No, they do it for sport, although they do get a food bonus from it. Oh and remember that they don't just moan the word brains, they can very cabably speak normal language, formed sentences, and perfect grammar. Humans have a little technology on their side, but they still can't compete with the zombies that seek to destroy them. Humans can only hope that they live another day, just to try and get through life that never seems to last all that long or pleasantly. Are you one of the capable undead? Or did you somehow survive this far?

I peered out a second floor window to see if any zombies were nearby. I noticed a small group of them tearing apart a corpse, laughing, and seemingly talking to each other. I winced at the sight and closed the blinds before any could notice me in the window. I knew I had to leave the house somehow once I was done thoroughly searching for food. So far, it'd been completely raided already, and yet the house was completely in tact. I shut my eyes tightly for a moment before regretfully opening the shades and risking one last glance out the window. I stumbled backward when I saw the three zombies staring directly at me. "Crap crap crap crap crap...." I muttered and quickly got out of the house, mantling over fences and into the woods where I usually hung out. I glanced back only to see the three gaining on me and smiling eerily. I sprinted past my hangout and kept dodging trees, sprinting for all I was worth. I had great stamina, but I was exhausted already and every single inch of my body ached. "JUST RUN" I nearly shouted at myself. I knew I HAD to keep going, or it was over.

The large grouping of trees created a perfect hiding spot from the creatures. Casey sat up among the branches, conscious of every rustle of the nearby branches. Quietly, once making sure no one was around, she climbed down, landing silently on the soft grass. With a quick glance around she continued following the animal tracks she had been tracking for about twenty minutes. She was running low on food and finding this animal would be a nice change from the canned foods and wild grown berries she had grown used to.

As I passed a large tree, I jumped up and quickly climbed as high as I could. "Give up already, kid!" I winced at the zombie's yelling and felt something grab my foot and pull on it with great force. I screamed once I realized I was falling. I recollected my thoughts and rolled as soon as I reached the ground. The landing still hurt a lot, but at least I was alive. I grabbed my Glock and quickly shot the three zombies before they could infect me. I slumped against the tree and shut my eyes, still in pain from the fall and exhausted from running.

The loud sound of gun shots echoed in the air. An unwise decision, Casey thought as she continued following the tracks. Casey never used a gun unless she had a silencer and even then she was a lousy shot. She knew shooting would only draw more attention so she stuck with her knives and strategic sneaking. The animal tracks suddenly ended as if the animal making them had evaporated. Casey looked around in confusion. Maybe somebody had beaten her to it. But wouldn't there have been some form of indication of another person or animal? Suddenly not trusting her surroundings she began back towards her hideout at a quick, but silent pace.

I got up and made my way to my hangout. I opened the trapdoor and headed into my hangout, closing it behind me and flopped on my sleeping bag in the corner of the small room. "That was cutting it close.." I muttered to myself. I got comfortable inside the sleeping bag and shut my eyes, feeling the pain fade a little as i fell asleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eventually Casey made it back to her hideout, though she used the term loosely. Her base was always moving and currently it was a wooden board resting across a few branches in a tall tree. She made her way up into her "hideout" and sat among the few belongings she possessed; twin Kambits, a switch blade, a worn blanket, and an old brass pocket watch. She curled up under the blanket and willed herself to sleep, hoping she would get one night where she would have a nightmare-less sleep.

Waking up in hell was a nightmare. Jai woke and saw that the window was broken. She rushed to the lab. Relief flooded through her as she saw the doctor working on a patient. "Mum, the windows broken!" She stated.

After 2 hours she was told that the patient had done that, as a zombie. Her mother had been able to heal the boy before any damage could be done. She was also told that they had to leave, that it was no longer safe. The doctor was sending Jai to another girls place. (@ClickyVikki) Jai packed her bags and left. She arrived at the girls hangout. "Umm.... Hello? Anyone home?" She called.

I heard someone's voice, opened my eyes and sat straight up. I saw some girl (@Musicomar4) by the trapdoor and I grabbed mother's knife. The girl didn't look like a zombie, more like some random survivor. "Who are you.. and how did you find me?" I looked behind her to see if any zombies had followed. I beckoned her inside my hideout and quickly but quietly shut the trapdoor before any zombies could actually find my hideout. I looked at the girl and awkwardly held mother's knife in my right hand. I was confused at how easily she had found my hideout.

I stepped inside. "My mother sent me. The government is splitting us up. They don't know where I am. My mother is Dr. De Aubergine." Apparently her mother had been here once, something about accidental knife cut that got infected.

I eyed her awkwardly. The last name De Aubergine sounded familiar, like one of mother's old friends. De Aubergine.... Trix? No, this girl couldn't have been Trix's daughter... Or was she..? "So, um, was your mother's name Trix..?" I looked down at mother's knife, remembering a few stories about it, such as when Trix accidentally cut herself with it. "Because my mother knew someone with that last name.." I put mother's knife back in my pocket, just like mother herself had always done.

My eyes widened. If that's her mother, then she must know how good mother's knife actually is.. I felt a little connection to this girl, as if we had somehow been friends for life. Probably since she was mother's friend's daughter, almost as if we were bound to be friends. I smiled warmly at her. "Are you hungry?" I glanced back at the big bag of candy sitting next to my sleeping bag.

I handed her some candy and stared. "Well.... I had a brother named John..." I frowned slightly in confusion. She couldn't have been talking about my brother, probably someone else. John was a fairly common name after all.

"Ok, this morning it's just that a zombie broke our window and after mum healed him. He told us his name was John."

I can't get my hopes up, I need to make sure whether or not it actually is my brother.. "Does he look like he could be around eighteen years old? Brown hair and eyes?" I felt my heart quicken at the thought of seeing John again.

My jaw dropped. He's alive!! I couldn't help but smile and feel alive again. My brother was alive!! "Where is he? He's alright isn't he?" I nearly jumped up and down in excitement. Maybe this means Mother and David are still out there too!

"He's with mother, I think he's still half zombie though, it's this way." She point towards the hospital.

"Shoot." I muttered. I have just gotten out of the hospital I was raiding when a zombie barreled its way to me. I dropped the goods and swiftly sidestepped. "This day is not going well." I said out loud as I quickly ducked when it reached out to strangle me. "Quick little girl aren't ya?" He grunted as I quickly went around and stabbed his head swiftly. "Ow!" I yelped, as I saw the wound on my arm opening up and drops of blood fell onto the gravel pavement.

"BAHHHHHHH....." Screamed a voice loud in the distance. All the.... Infected birds?.... Flew out into the open air after being startled by the odd sound. "Tch, Shut your ####### face, Xyuga! You're too loud and we'll lose our targets!" Three awfully bloodied, wounded, dead, pale men walked around while hunting for fun. A silver haired zombie stared bluntly as he continued creating noise. "Xyuga... Didn't you hear me?! Shut up!!!!! You're just soooo annoying!!!" Xyuga frowned and dug his pale fleshy hands into his dirtied jean pockets. Or was it holed? Yes?..... No?....... He had to think about it. Hunting wasn't too fun, since they did it all the time, but it was okay.... Half the population of turkeys were infected so most of the zombies gave up already... You don't know how bad infected turkeys are... So humans were another choice. They were fleshy and filled with blood and fleshy. But, the last couple of hunts, he lost his right arm five times. Why the right arm?! Xyuga rubbed his right arm and continued walking until one of his buddies started attacking a human girl. (@RealityEntity ) "HEYYY!!!! Wait for me!!! Even though I'm not hungry!!! I already ate an infected turkey and ehhhhh..." He was alone by himself while his undead friends were attacking the fleshy girl. Whoa. Fleshy was she....

The night had been a long and tiresome one. After much tossing and turning the sun finally rose, causing the sky to bleed a beautiful orange and pink. Casey sat up and raked her raven black hair back out of her face with her fingers. Her light blue eyes scanned over the area, the early morning light pushing through the branches. She stood up and looked towards the city; today she would go and collect resources.

"Are those guys ever gonna stop?!" I groaned. The pain on my arm is ony getting worse. I alreay think its infected. I have been running around the hospital trying to shake off their tail, but they wont leave me alone! I have been doing this all night, yet no luck. I hid inside a nurses office and got a first aid kit. I started to treat my wounds, occasionally stopping if those bloody zombies came into my hiding place. I think I lost them. I sighed and close my eyes. I guess a little sleep wont hurt..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back