• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy AP: Convergence (OOC General Discussion)

As it stands, I think I'm definitely gonna go the military route. Though, I haven't decided for which nation just yet.

Heck yeah! I wanna make sure we have variety.

GojiBean GojiBean Is there any info about each country's military that'd be good to know? One specific question I have is: how widespread is the usage of flintlock weaponry between each country?

We do indeed have a tall bunch a bois.

Just one little 5' 7" girl and a 5' 11" boi amongst a sea of 6'+ burly men! Lol.

Poor Ki'Teru is going to be like the child trying to hop on the shoulders of the adults to see what's happening. XD
Lumi might just have to get a pair of stilts in order to make eye contact with anyone :deadopenmouth:.

Also guys, I made a new page for the Red-Eyed Demon!

There's not much to it now, but that'll change with time. And if you visit the page you'll see why!

I hope you like it!

kasigi kasigi Good question!

There's really nothing specific about the military from each nation that you need to pay special attention to.

It's all fairly simplistic given the time period. You have the Rulers as the heads of the military way up the food chain, you have Generals who are above Commanders who are above Lieutenants who are above Sergeants who are above the Grunts. Everyone from the Commander on down will actually take to the field of battle while the Generals observe and make command decisions with runners and a personal protection unit around them just in case.

As for flintlock weaponry, it's standard in the military for each nation except Shaharan because they don't really believe in firearms so much as they do traditional bladed weaponry. But in Cre' Est, Triveila, and Gwenyura all, firearms are largely kept out of the hands of the general public as a safety measure for the population at large.

In Veilbrand, it's a mixed bag. Because Egruus has basically created a miniature country within a country within the capital city of Valoc, the rest of Veilbrand is left to fend for itself and he really could care less what happens. So, depending on the village/town/city that you're in, there may be firearms in the hands of at least a few civilians who stole them from trade caravans, managed to get them from rogues or Egruus soldiers during ambushes, etc. But it's still relatively rare.

What positions within each respective military are off-limits? I didn't intend to start as a general or anything, just curious

myrkwise myrkwise You can edit your character sheet as much as you like. Just let me know when you're finished :D

kasigi kasigi So long as your backstory makes the ranking believable, it really doesn't matter to me what rank you make your character. Obviously the lower the rank the more interesting and full of obstacles your character's journey will be. But the primary thing of importance to me is believability.

Just as an example of a no-no: If your character were only 20 years old and "rapidly rose through the ranks to become a Commander"... Yeeeeeeeah, I'mma have problems with somethin' like that. Lol.

kasigi kasigi So long as your backstory makes the ranking believable, it really doesn't matter to me what rank you make your character. Obviously the lower the rank the more interesting and full of obstacles your character's journey will be. But the primary thing of importance to me is believability.

Just as an example of a no-no: If your character were only 20 years old and "rapidly rose through the ranks to become a Commander"... Yeeeeeeeah, I'mma have problems with somethin' like that. Lol.
I wholly agree! I wanted to make him a lackey and progress in the ranks with the roleplay, it'd be super fun.

GojiBean GojiBean stance on two characters or not?? 🤔

Only loosely considering atm, just with regards to the fact we're currently a little lad heavy?? That might even out pretty soon though,

Terrier B Terrier B If you want multiple characters, I'm fine with it. I will be playing numerous characters throughout as well as multiple NPC's. So if you think you can do it, go for it.

Good morning (afternoon, evening, night, etc.) everyone!

GojiBean GojiBean

Since this is a sandbox roleplay (I think) and there’s no real end to it, are we waiting for a certain amount of people before we start?

Walliver Walliver I am indeed waiting to see the characters for everyone who's popped in to say they're interested in participating. Once I see characters from everyone, I'll create the Main Posting page and we can all get started.

*Me, poking the flames of indulgence with the biggest poker you have ever seen* NEVER BE ASHAMED MY DUDE

Terrier B Terrier B

*but I used another character in it*
*and I think my character would like to be your character’s friend*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back