• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Anyone interested in Medieval Fantasy RP Based on Traveling Across the World Together?

Northern Ranger

Back from a three year hiatus from roleplaying, finally ready to get back into it! I thought it might be fun to have a sort of "Road trip" or epic-journey-type thread, where my character has been hired as a body guard for someones safe travel, or to turn them in for a reward and they bond, etc. etc. Whatever works best for your character. Not romantic unless I think there's real chemistry between the characters. The world would be very reminiscent of middle earth from Lord of the Rings, although it doesn't have to adhere to any of those rules.

For your character, and obviously you can come up with whatever you like, but the main races would be something like:
Draconic
Elvish
Humans
Dwarves
Halflings
Orcs
And whatever else you want. Obviously there's also the various classes, such as nobles, wizards, warlocks, rangers, etc. My only objection is vampire and werewolf characters. Sorry, just not my kind of thing. If you haven't read or seen Lotr, think of it as a very base dnd type of world. OCs only, please.

My characters general info is below just as a reference for you- by no means do you have to read all of it. Reply if you're interested :)

Name: Aremir
Race: Human
Height: 6'0
Mass:152 lbs
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Dark Brown
Skin color: Very Fair

Skill Set:
As a ranger, and not a bad one at that, Aremir has adapted different skills over the years, excelling in some more than others. He is proficient with both long swords and daggers, has developed excellent skills at tracking, and is extremely stealthy when he wants to be. He is also decent enough with a bow, not half bad with hand-to-hand combat, and can do basic first aid.

Personality:
Aremir is not the most trusting or warm of people, and is generally content to work and live alone. However, this does not mean he is hostile, or rude (at least, not purposefully.) Aremir is generally kindhearted, and willing to help those in need, and is for the most part- despite frequently taking on jobs involving bounty hunting and blackmail- a good person, who believes in other people and decency. However, years of traveling alone have taken a notable toll on his social skills, and interacting with people outside of jobs often ends awkwardly, and even offensively (though he never means any harm.)

Backstory:
Aremir was born to an unknown slave in the Orcish city of Bolthar, who kept him hidden for a few goods weeks from the orcs. However, when the tribe of northern rangers crossed the badlands to attempt a trade deal with the orcs, she found one who was willing to smuggle him away from a life of slavery. This was the last time the Rangers of the Northern Snow left the Jhaarok Tundra, as the deal quickly went bad. As such, Aremir was raised in the unforgiving tundra, and brought up among the rangers, constantly moving, hunting, and killing to survive. At age sixteen, tired of an endless life of traveling through snow, he left the rangers to attempt to travel south and make passage to the mainland, attempting to get to Open Wilds. However, his journey was difficult, and storms and mountains pushed him eastwards, where he found a small coastal ice-fishing village. During his stop here, the village was attacked by orcs from Bolthar, which Aremir helped fight off, and when they fled, he smuggled himself aboard the ship. Escaping from the coastal Orcish dock, he made the harrowing journey across the badlands, where he eventually heard tell of a city, not far, with all races living in peace- and, more importantly, work. Finding himself in Erestunn, he started using his skills to pick up every odd job he could find, which wasn't too difficult for the only northern ranger in the mainland (The rangers used to frequently travel and sell there abilities to help various kingdoms.) Now he lives a nomadic life, travelling from city to city through the wilderness, and taking jobs as the only remaining Ranger of the Northern Snow.

Pleasure to meet! I am greatly interested in the plot to which you have layed out and would be more than happy to participate! I can begin working on my own character sheet here soon, and please if there is any rules, history, or other information you wish for me to know about or abide by let me know! I am usually very willing to comply.

Pleasure to meet! I am greatly interested in the plot to which you have layed out and would be more than happy to participate! I can begin working on my own character sheet here soon, and please if there is any rules, history, or other information you wish for me to know about or abide by let me know! I am usually very willing to comply.
The pleasure is all mine! I would love to start a thread with you, let me know when your character sheet is finished! There are no particular rules, although elves do tend to live in more noble-esque cities and orcs tend to be cruel and work in tribes, there are exceptions to everything. If there is any history you would like to add for your own character, feel free! For the most part, cities and kingdoms will be for one race, although visitors may or may not be welcome depending on their rules. As for rp rules, just no god modding, or characters so over powered they disrupt the rp, and we should be good! :)

I might be interested as well!
Hiya! Although I really am only interested on 1 x 1 rp, I would be more than happy to have multiple threads going at once, so please, feel free to send me your character sheet and loose plot of how we meet and decide to go on our journey, and I will start a thread! If you have any questions or things you would like to add, lmk! Rules posted in the above reply are the only important ones (no godmodding, no op characters.)

Hiya! Although I really am only interested on 1 x 1 rp, I would be more than happy to have multiple threads going at once, so please, feel free to send me your character sheet and loose plot of how we meet and decide to go on our journey, and I will start a thread! If you have any questions or things you would like to add, lmk! Rules posted in the above reply are the only important ones (no godmodding, no op characters.)

Alrighty! I'm about to head in, so I'll PM ya tomorrow! And don't mind that weird graph thing. I must've clicked something on accident.

Oh man, this sounds so cool~ As a lover and player of DnD, this is right up my alley! If you're not super swamped already, I would love to jump on this as well. Just let me know, and I'll start a character sheet~

Oh man, this sounds so cool~ As a lover and player of DnD, this is right up my alley! If you're not super swamped already, I would love to jump on this as well. Just let me know, and I'll start a character sheet~
I'd love to start a thread with you! Send me your character sheet and the idea for how we meet and decide to start our journey you'd like to use, and I'll start one! I'm going to go to bed soon, but I'll be on tomorrow morning. :)

I'd love to start a thread with you! Send me your character sheet and the idea for how we meet and decide to start our journey you'd like to use, and I'll start one! I'm going to go to bed soon, but I'll be on tomorrow morning. :)
For sure! I'll have it ready by tomorrow~

Thank you so much!!! I'll fill any role you need, though I'll only play a straight male.
No need to just fill a role, haha. Send me your character sheet and the idea for how we meet and decide to start our journey you'd like to use, and I'll start a thread! (And that's totally fine)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back