• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Any Takers for a Killer x Cop 1x1?

Mobius

Three Thousand Club
TW: This plot contains mentions of domestic abuse and (vague) mental illness.​

I feel like I should start off this thread with an apology— sorry if certain things don’t make sense or if there’s typos… I’m currently on the mend from a bad sinus cold and I may or may not be a bit high from cold medicine, haha! Anyways, I guess that’s to say please don’t judge my writing or me over what you read here in case this thread does end up being a bit of a mess. I’m just too excited over this to wait until I’m completely in my right mind, haha!

. PLOT .

Getting into the point of this post, I should probably mention… this plot isn’t the most realistic thing out there when it comes to certain aspects, but it is in a modern/real life setting. Some of the details just might not happen in the real world is all, haha. That’s the fun of writing, though, right? Anyways, the gist of the plot can be boiled down to this pairing— Killer (or Serial Killer) x Cop (or Detective). I would like to play the killer, who will be male. I have nothing against other pairings, but I only have experience writing MxF so I’d like the cop/detective to be female.

M & F dated during high school, with their classmates saying they’d turn into high school sweethearts. Things weren’t so sweet behind closed doors, though. Not for M anyways. He grew up in an abusive household, often having to come up with excuses to tell those on the outside (his girlfriend included) as to why he was bruised or roughed up. F grew up with the exact opposite. Her family was loving, caring, and supportive. Their relationship started off great, but as time went on she started to see a change in her boyfriend and started to get concerned for her own well-being. One can only live in M’s environment so long without developing problems after all. F was M’s only escape, though. He truly loved her, even if it grew to an unhealthy level. At some point in their senior year (or shortly after graduation), F broke up with M and he didn’t take it well. She ended up cutting all contact with him and tried her best to go on with her life, eventually becoming an officer of the law (or a detective). Meanwhile, M continued to spiral and his mental health worsened because of it. He never got over her… and he never intended to hurt anybody, but in the end somebody winds up dead because of him (I’m not sure the details on what exactly happened. We can discuss it). It turned into M's breaking point and he snapped. Now, he can either purposely kill another or several others or that accidental killing can be the only one. Whatever happens with that, he goes down a dark path.

F winds up on the case. M finds out she's involved and leads her on a hunt, planting clues that only she would be able to figure out. And she does figure it out. He’s arrested (thinking after a confrontation with her for some juicy dialog?), but before he’s charged he mentions that he knows details that could help them in the search for a killer far worse than him. They strike a deal that if he helps with their investigation on that person, he’ll get a lighter sentence. F is the lead on that case, as well, so they have to interact. He undergoes a psych evaluation and winds up on meds that slowly help bring him back to the M that she remembers…

It’s a… different take on a redemption type plot. Though there’s a lot of details, twists, and turns we can add to it, M will eventually realize the weight of what he’s done and regret doing it. I'm also thinking they will eventually reconcile and get back together. But! Obviously there’s a lot of points in between murder and making up, haha. I also purposely left his mental health issues vague. We can discuss them more in PM, obviously, but I would like to avoid labeling them as a whole just so I won’t accidentally misrepresent a certain condition… if that makes sense. I do have more ideas to fill in some of the gaps, but I figured I'd just put the outline of the plot here and we can talk details in a PM.

. ME .

I've been RPing for over ten years now so I'd say I have a bit of experience. I can be literate (1,200+ words) or I can happily whip out a smaller paragraph or even a one-liner. I prefer to keep posts under 800 words lately, though. The longer the post, the longer it'll take me to reply. I will say that sometimes my depression or anxiety (or both) kick in and make me unable to reply. However, I'll never ghost my partners. If I'm no longer interested in continuing the RP, I'll let you know! As of right now, replies that are 800 words or fewer I can guarantee a reply a week. Likely more, though I'd like to stick to the conservative side in case "likely more" isn't actually the case, haha. Shorter replies will likely get multiple replies a week or even daily replies. I try my best to keep my partners updated when something comes up and I won't be able to reply, but there are times where I forget or my mental health hits a wall and I just can't whip up a message. Because of this, I'm super understanding of my partner, though I'll get into my partner in the next little paragraph. I'm in the eastern time zone, though I'm pretty much nocturnal and am typically available 8pm-8am or sometimes even up to 10 or 11am, but afternoons I'm usually not around unless I have something I need to do during the day. I LOVE to plot and chat with my partner! Plotting is just as fun as RPing to me. Um... I'd like to think I have good grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. Mistakes do happen at times, though, but that's to be expected, right? I prefer to RP in PMs, though I'll also RP in a thread. I don't RP on Discord. I think I covered everything, but feel free to ask any question!

. YOU .
I'm not picky when it comes to my partners. I just ask that you have good grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. so that I can understand your replies. I'd love a reply a week if possible, though because of my occasional absences I completely understand if that's not always possible. Please be friendly! I'd love a partner who enjoys plotting because I enjoy it so much. Um... I honestly think that's all I need to cover? Oh, since this is technically a romance plot please be 18+! Though I don't want to break RPN's rules on romance, I still don't like to write romance plots with minors since I'm 25, haha. Now I think that's it... I think, haha!

I’d love to discuss all of the things with you so shoot me a PM! And now... more Nyquil 😂 Gosh this was probably a clusterfrick...​

i love the plot already, it sounds so good! just to put it out there, i'm 20 & i can completely understand the whole absence thing since i tend to do it myself. ((:

i love the plot already, it sounds so good! just to put it out there, i'm 20 & i can completely understand the whole absence thing since i tend to do it myself. ((:
Awesome! Shoot me a PM and let's do some late night (or possibly not late night depending on your timezone, haha) plotting :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back