Video Games Any games that you think are Overrated?

Currently? PubG... Its just.... They really try to say their "original" When the whole thing plays like the usual FPS... Fortnite at least added more features like building.

Eh I mean thats what its supposed to be is more or less a semi-realistic tactical shooter. They are original in the fact that no title has done this prior to them aside from the Arma 3 BR Mod. Where it fails is in how broken the game is compared to Fortnite with problems existing since Early Access that didnt get ironed out in the rush for Full Release.

God of War 2018 is over-estimed by the medias, to me, it's the weakest game..

the fact that Kratos is calm finally makes him very inexpressive (like Ratchet), besides, we don't know what he does in norway...

the gameplay of the other God of war was dynamic, there... we're just jogging..
what's too bad is that Ascension was better, you want a quiet Kratos? He was already there..

Overwatch. A game with more balance issues and a worse community than a game a decade old has.

Life is strange and any Quantic Dream game. Honestly anything in that style is destined to fail. Life is Strange at least has good characters. Stuff like D:BH and Beyond Two Souls were just flat. Heavy Rain was charmingly bad, though

I would add Life is strange too, unless for the captain Spirit story, the characters were too much bland on the previous games,
Chloe is a pain to hear, too much exaggerated with her hatred for everything, yes she lose her father, but that doesn't excuse her behavior.

While the gameplay can be fun, Mario is also an exemple i want to point out, the story never really evolve, only Bowser did really by different methods and fights,
but the saga itself is really milked, they do have other series that deserve a chance to shine too...

Detroit become human, while the game is nice, i really get tired of the drama as the center of a game, if it wasn't for my favorite youtuber, i would ignore it, Heavy rain was less dramatic in comparaison, Beyond Two Souls isn't that great either.

Pokemon as a whole, i can't get into any games of this franchise..

Ocarina of time, this one was nice, but really not that great..

Undertale was just a game i couldn't get into, i'm not a fan of the 8-bit style games.

Bendy and the ink machine, while i like the story itself, the fandom is...heh.

Assassin's Creed, what with this obssession? this saga stoppped to be good after the 4th one, i would rather play to a sequel of Valiant Hearts than this saga.

Last edited:
Killing floor 1
Killing floor is a great fps game that lasted a long time. Looked great, incredible community maps, and the objective mode (soon to return) just made playing a map feel like there was a purpose.
However, the 2nd game came with improved combat, complete reworks to classes that makes them more viable in combat or their main role (Medic, berserker) and even more classes, some of which are split from kf1 classes (Medic has been split to where medic has different weapon types and SWAT now only has SMGs, while Marksman could only use pistols, but now Gunslinger is all about handguns. Maps look even better (despite being hard on my pc) and enemies are more diverse. More bosses, weapons, more customization, etc. I heard people talk all kinds of crap about kf2, like how it's supposedly going to be pay to win... when despite this, all events have been completely free, cosmetics are completely optional and aren't the main hype of the game, and even then you do daily, weekly or seasonal objectives to get a side currency to unlock free crates that have specific items you cant sell for money. And have you seen the vault precious skins? They look incredible.

I know I'm gonna get hella flak for this, but... Undertale and the Mother series it took inspiration from. Don't get me wrong, they're all great, but so many people blow them WAAAY out of proportion. They're not for everyone, and the original Mother games in particular tend to be extremely tedious and confusing for the unprepared.

D:BH for sure, I thought it was ok. I only got it cause I wanted to play Connor (like most other players for sure), his story was the most appealing to me
Battle Royale games as well. The whole genre is just overrated imo
Assassins Creed, last good game I played was rouge. Just let it die man
Rainbow Six: Seige, I play it every now and then. But I feel it gets more attention than it should get. It's like a mix of Overwatch and CS:GO. I mean they could've had that aspect, but it would be cool if they had like a story like it's vegas predecessors

COD, Fortnite, PUBG (any battle Royale game is overhyped and pretty much the same thing recycled between game companies with a few alterations imo), Overwatch, both Destiny games and literally every Assassins Creed game after Black Flag. They’ve taken the series way too far and destroyed whatever decent overarching long-term plot they had by doing a certain something to a certain someone.

There’s a bunch of others I can’t remember, but these ones are the hard-to-forget big contenders. Especially Overwatch, which I poured hours and hours into and received nothing but immense frustration because of the game itself, and ridiculous amounts of toxicity from prepubescent twelve year olds. Now I can barely muster up the will to pick up a controller and start the game anymore.

Oh, also the Dark Souls series too.

The Last of Us.

I thought it was a decent game. But I never really got the same satisfaction from playing it as other gamers.

Settlers of Catan. The game itself is fine, but so many people act like it's the holy grail of games. The amount of people who upon being introduced to it want to play nothing but that, have never heard of anything else, and act like it's blasphemy to suggest something else is too damn high. Catan is to board games what "More Than a Feeling" is to Boston. It's a great song, but if you meet someone who just likes Boston a little, they're only gonna want to play that song.

Fortnite: this game... Has made me.feel sick seeing how some people take this game so seriously..i think its.actually a hazardous game. Ive seen great people become horrible people due to this game.

All FPS games: What's even so fun about them?

Zelda, Link to the Past And Wind Waker: Both great games, but i dont feel they should be held so revered by the entire zelda community like ocarina of time...

Pokemon gen 1: Do i even need to mention the balance issues and bugs and the lack of a special/physical split? People overrate older versions of games i swear.

Fallout 4, Skyrim (and how many remakes will probably come out), Overwatch and essentially anything about to be published by EA. I really doubt Anthem is going to last.

I definitely have to say fortnite, it's just free pubg which is an overrated game as well and it's boring. To be honest i don't see the allure of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back