Video Games Any games that you think are Overrated?

Final Fantasy VII. Good Lord I hate this game. Not because it's popular, or that everyone likes it. It's because whenever someone brings up the "best RPGs," or "best game ever," this fucking game always turns up. I think it's not good. Yes, the graphics were revolutionary, but they did not age well at all. VIII and VIIII had far superior graphics in my opinion. I really like the music, but the cast just isn't appealing to me. That's the main reason I have never played it. Cloud is possibly the most bland protagonist in a video game ever. He's basically a Guts ripoff, but taking out the existential struggle against fate, the world, his very nature, and his extremely tragic past and basically made him a blonde edgy anime boy. Sepiroth just doesn't compare to Kefka, and anyone who says he's better than him is probably an idiot. I'm not a fan of Final Fantasy. I've only beaten IV, which I regard as my favorite game ever, but I haven't played any others, so this is somewhat biased because everyone just ignores IV. Anyway, yeah.

Also: Modern multiplayer games in general. Pick one, almost all my complaints wills still apply.

Sometime after the early 2000's, right when the eSports scene was developing, a bunch of developers and publishers somehow got together and thought 'what our games need to really take off is to put an RPG-style progression scheme where you only get pea-shooters to start with, and the more matches you play (and inevitably lose) the better equipment you earn'!

'What's that you said? Even playing field? Basing multiplayer games on skill and timing? What is that witchcraft you speak?!?'

Then the 2010's came around.

'You know DLCs? Let's put them in all our multiplayer games! What's that? We'd be making a divide in the community? If they really wanna play our games they'll buy every game and expansion we make at launch, full price! Who cares about reviews and whether the games we make actually hold up and work on a technical level! Late adopters be damned!'

Current Year.

'EVERY THING IS A SLOT MACHINE NOW. *by the way we still want our games to be considered professional and esports worthy even though our player base is divided by content and we built our games ridiculously unbalanced based on characters or character progressions we can't possibly ever balance rather than player skills **also if our games aren't successful we will dismantle the servers within a year to use on the next trash game we're making and you have no option to keep the game alive because we will never let you make your own servers for it like we used to. ***please consider giving us all your money for things that already exist in the base game and we just locked away from you in boxes kthx'

This is why I haven't played a multiplayer game since Day of Defeat, Starcraft 1, and Age of Empires.

Garry's Mod, FNAF, and Undertale. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Undertale but it's still overrated. I like FNAF and it was legit scary but just because of the jumpscares. A good horror game has psychological horror. FNAF just don't got it.

Dragon Age: Origins.......................... COME AT ME!

I personally have never been a fan of the 'pause the game to make your move' type of stigmatization. It's not like Civilization or XCOM 2, where it's more turnbased, or Command & Conquer where you control your troops in real time. For me, you're just taking yourself out of the action by pausing it, you lose the immersion when you have to stop the action. It's not my cup of tea admittedly, but I think it didn't need to follow what Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic did. Could completely do something different from it, I mean imagine if Mass Effect had that as well.

Wouldn't be as fun.

CoD, and any Mario or Zelda game.... Honestly, what did Nintendo put out last that was not related to either one? I'm so TIRED of hearing about Mario and Zelda....

Splatoon. Both 1 and 2. I never was able to get into it past level 10. The actual online battles are so boring and repetitive.

Skyrim. I liked it, cranked like 80 hours of standard stealth-archery into it. Eventually realized I was just playing a grey reskin of Oblivion. But while Oblivion felt like a fairy tale with humor and mystery, Skyrim felt like someone had put really bad viking actors in my hometown and given them the task of handing me WoW-like quests of "go kill some stuff eh", all while I angrily swatted huge dragons away from my face.
Then again I live in real-life "Skyrim" and am never particularly impressed when people take old norse inspiration for their fantasy worlds. Snow and grey is my anti-fantasy. I'm still not sure how Bethesda milked this game for so long by just re-releasing it on worse hardware. Props to them for ... something, I guess.

Skyrim.....it was alright, the end started to get good....then the big dragon fight fell flat on it's face, dragins dogma is much better!

Ocarina of time and majoras mask: good games but we dont need them on every nintendo consoles

doki doki literature club

That indie horror game with the furby rip off thing

Grand theft auto, especially 5

Overwatch, GTA5, PUBG, Fortnite, LoL, WoW, Tetris, Super Mario (any of them, just, any of them), the Far Cry series, pokemon

The Last Of Us. People loved it. I found it ungodly boring and linear, even in the perspective of Uncharted’s mess. At least Uncharted didn’t have invincible enemies at every screen as well.

The Last Of Us. People loved it. I found it ungodly boring and linear, even in the perspective of Uncharted’s mess. At least Uncharted didn’t have invincible enemies at every screen as well.
Ok but legit those clickers can kiss my ass, they fucking sucked
The game was pretty, at least

Also, everyone who dislikes Skyrim, maybe you would all like a game called Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It was a good game that seemed more action packed than Skyrim.

League Of Legends. Man, it feels like that game went from 'fun dota clone' to 'mobile game on pc' real quick. The current trend of Champions being utterly broken on release for a few months before Rito guts the poor thing into irrelevancy has been going on for a while now. Let's not mention the fact that the same 20 champs are being picked/banned in the competitive league since like last year or some shit, the power creep being handled very poorly, and reworking the champs just 'cause they aren't 'popular' enough, completely throwing balance out of the window in favor of kewl skinz and skillz to rake in all the $$$.

Last edited:
Skyrim. I mean, it's good, sure, but for Christ's sake, just let the thing die already. How many versions do we need?

Currently? PubG... Its just.... They really try to say their "original" When the whole thing plays like the usual FPS... Fortnite at least added more features like building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back