Video Games Any games that you think are Overrated?

Fortnite, ROS (if you're from Asia, you know what I'm talking about) Fallout (New Vegas was actually better. Todd.) and Soldier Front 2 and its older games. (why play a CS Rip-off when you can just get CSGO for a good price?)

I enjoyed Fallout: New Vegas, but I definitely think people hype it up too much. Its solid, but not the holy grail of Fallout games. Fallout 3 and 4 both have their ups and downs, but NV wasn't a ball of perfect like many seem to suggest.

On the topic of Fallout, I think Fallout 4 is overrated. Not a bad game, just a bit overrated. I just hated how modernized the bethesda games became in general. I preferred New Vegas over 3 or 4. But that's only because of the amazing writing from Obsidian. It's by far not a perfect game.

ROOOOOOOBBBBLLLLOOOOXXXX.
Roblox. Roblox. It sounds really weird now because I said it too much, but roblox. It is so overrated. I have a friend with a little brother who plays it (I tried it once, terrible animation) and literally, it's basically an online scam website.
My opinion though, but it is terrible.

ROOOOOOOBBBBLLLLOOOOXXXX.
Roblox. Roblox. It sounds really weird now because I said it too much, but roblox. It is so overrated. I have a friend with a little brother who plays it (I tried it once, terrible animation) and literally, it's basically an online scam website.
My opinion though, but it is terrible.

I respect your opinion.

But seriously, oof.

Sorry, I just think people think it's better than it is XD

The fact that it's a collection of community games contributes to the ultimate low quality of the website.

Nevertheless, it still astonishes me how well someone can code with roblox in order to make whatever game you want. It's better than minecraft at that aspect. There is so little to work with in Roblox, that every little thing has to be polished and refined for it to look good. So when it looks good, it's pretty damn good.

That being said, the community itself, the advertising, and the scammers ultimately make it a pretty bad experience. If every Roblox game was single player only, then it would be a worthwhile experience.

The fact that it's a collection of community games contributes to the ultimate low quality of the website.

Nevertheless, it still astonishes me how well someone can code with roblox in order to make whatever game you want. It's better than minecraft at that aspect. There is so little to work with in Roblox, that every little thing has to be polished and refined for it to look good. So when it looks good, it's pretty damn good.

That being said, the community itself, the advertising, and the scammers ultimately make it a pretty bad experience. If every Roblox game was single player only, then it would be a worthwhile experience.

Haha, I agree with you. I was once part of the forums community. People are toxic. But I've already invested so much money at this point that quitting would be a waste.

Ark. Basically just repetitive dying over and over. Loss of tons of pet dinos/prehistorics. New maps are out and expensive, but basically it is you dying repeatedly or losing your beloved dinos to some horrible creature. For me, it was freaking out every time I saw a Titanaboa, getting a crossbow, realizing boas weren't to be feared. What was to be feared? Therizinosauros. Then again, I try to play it without boosting any of the stats and stuff up in the beginning. Everyone else seems to boost them up

Undertale is a bit overrated to me, at least when compared to LISA since the latter had me more invested in what was happening and what would happen next. That and Undertale's large popularity pretty much dampened any intrigue I had on uncovering the mysteries of it's story.

Definitely Ocarina of Time. I understand that it was amazing for its time and brought a lot of new stuff to the table, and I very much admire it for that. But it’s dated and not as good now, in my opinion. And yet still the Zelda fandom praises it for being like the best thing ever.

I get it, we all have opinions and nostalgia biases, and I won’t even try to deny that I have plenty of those biases myself. And heck, I had fun playing OoT my first time through it, but any time I tried to play it after that, I got so bored I couldn’t stand it. I just feel like it hasn’t aged well and it’s a bit overrated... but I still see people praising it heavily.

world of warcraft. honestly, i dont see why anyone would pay to play a game like that. sure, theres a large variety of races, but that doesnt really count for much when the men in almost every single race are hideous. the lack of effort in changing the running animation when a weapon is drawn? shite. it becomes such a grinder early on, too.... the graphics are well done, but everything else kind of falls flat. the gameplay is like, half decent i guess? i can appreciate the tauren, undead, werewolves, and pandaren as races, though. i wish more mmorpg games included the ability to play a zombie, cow furry, or red panda, but im not paying every month for a dried up cashcow so i can play a cow or zombie. it was also funny how some people, who had been playing longer than i had, were confused because i had a chicken following me. yes, mr. cluckcluck is my pet, you can catch them pretty early on. chickens are so cute i love them.

undertale isnt as fun as its made out to be, tbh. i dont see where all the hype came from... different endings depending on your actions isnt something new to gaming.

is fortnight actually popular or just the biggest meme of 2018? im not sure anymore.

Honesty I find most games today are pretty overrated. I suppose War sells but I am tired of seeing nothing but War games being so popular. So honestly to me games like Call of Duty, Assassins Creed anything that is like those games really turns me away from games. (Shrugs) I like games with mysterious and adventure type plots with fun and engaging characters. I love KH and Okami and Horizon. Id like a game though like a ghost game that isn't like a horror movie. Sort of like real life ghost hunting? See a shadow on that wall hear footsteps downstairs. While at the same time navigating the area and trying to look for clues why that place is supposedly haunted. Learning the backstory of the town and place you are investigating and making sure to be weary of things like rotten wood which could hurt you badly in game. So there is a danger element especially if your near a cliff or trying to climb something. But that may be too specific to sell to people. Ah well. I do like the exploring aspect of Fallout and learning lore about the people who lived there. And I really liked the Dunwich parts of it. I want less fighting games and more exploring I guess. (shrugs) with plots.

Overwatch?

Maybe I'm just biased due to bad experiences with the community itself.

Jumping from TF2 to Overwatch probably didn't help either. And the forced e-sports angle rubs me the wrong way.

Take a shot every time someone mentions fortnite or overwatch. You will have alcohol poisoning by page 3

The term overrated is an overused term that just reeks of bitterness or a hater mentality. Hell, the user above just plain said "most games" are overrated. How in the hell can MOST games be overrated? Where's threshold? Games with one fan? 2? 10?

I don't like Fortnite or Overwatch, but it has mass appeal for a reason. A fuck of a lot must be done right if they're as popular as they are. Why is it overrated? Because it has flaws? What? The game isn't perfect!? The horror! It's almost like the game is good enough to overlook the flaws.

The term all comes back to "This game doesn't deserve the love it gets because I myself don't enjoy it to the same extent as others". If you want to look at a game critically, taking in both the good and the bad, I'm all for it. This "overrated" shit is awful though. It reminds me of people who dig up decade old tweets all because a celebrity has gotten too big or is about to do something big. They don't like them or they feel like this celebrity doesn't deserve the love they get, so they have to knock them down a notch.

Live and let live, people

Yeah, I’m fine with people talking about games that are popular that they personally don’t like and most of this topic is fine, but some people seem really bitter tbh. Calm down a bit, no ones forcing you to play these games. Probably. Blink twice for help if someone is holding you at gunpoint and forcing you to play video games.

fortnite, it's hella annoying and 8 year olds, even 18 year olds won't shut up about it.
the game isn't even fun, and it wasn't any better when it first came out.

thanks for listening to my small ted talk and have a good night / evening / morning

Fire emblem. The fanbase doesn't gush about it like most of the games mentioned in this thread, so why nintendo thinks it deserves seven spots in the new smash bros roster eludes me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back