ANNOUNCEMENT: Preparations for Episode 5

welian welian Ask and you shall receive... It's a table!
I'll keep this updated

CharacterVotesRe-Approved?
Nicholas Chrysanthemum3Yes
Larry3Yes
Melody Vance3Yes
Lucas Marsolet3Yes
Hunter 'Red' Ward2Pending stats review
Marianne Ross3Yes
Jeremiah Johnson3Yes
Hadrian Alburn3Yes
Juliana Alvarenga3Yes
Cecilia Pellegrini3Yes
Eden Trammel3Yes
Kendrick Haywood3Yes
Chris Kravitz3Yes
Isabella Chase2Pending review
Gavin Dabbs1Pending review
Aaron Mallory1Pending review
Lars Magnusson1Pending review
Manami Hamasaki1Pending review
Page Morgan1Pending review
Kate Barrett1Pending review
Mitch Castle1Pending review
Anthony Costanzo1Pending review
Maximilian Shulze3Yes
Luther Rousseau3Yes

Pending:
  • Review - Needs more critiques and votes/hasn't received critique yet
  • Stats review - Someone requested stats clarification/suggested a change and it hasn't been done/cleared/re-critiqued yet
  • Edit - Something in the profile needs an edit and it hasn't been done yet
Actually, let me do this.

I'm going to abstain from future voting. This is going too fast for me to write stuff about the stats and folks are getting passed regardless. Tag me if I'm needed in here otherwise!

Gus Gus :angel3: I am rusty, so please bare with me here.

Why does Lars always push my buttons, Gus? I always want to love him but then I always want to strangle him. :closed eyes open smile:

Here is my issue. He is too good at everything. He can't be not an engineer and then use satellites and tech for his creations. Even existing tech takes and understanding of how to work it and bend it to one's will. Either you got the skill or you don't. In the same breath, he can't have it all. He can have a lot. But not all.

He's rich, good at everything and his only weakness is being crazy and looking way too young for his age in his profile pictures!
He is a Maverick. I get it. But maybe he could have stolen the fortune in some other fashion or is really a wiz at tech and cut out another skill set? I also would strike Inventive entirely from personality traits. Narcissism would fit far better there. ;D

If you could redirect where the fortune came from and give clear cut limitations I would feel better about him.

Inventive
While not much of an engineer himself, Lars has a penchant for finding new uses for existing technology. He mostly uses this for creating ever more elaborate illusions as well as pranks. Often both at the same time.

Next, he made a small fortune selling virtual reality tech under the brand name NeoMatrix technologies. He sold the company to Fenrir robotics in 2033 for 2.7 billion dollars, and retired at 29.

*Carefully inches back in*

Gus Gus

Don't hate me. o.o

Here is my concern, I feel that Aaron is leaps and bounds stronger and more powerful than anything else in this RP to date. I mean lets face it he is his own singularity.

Here is where my concern stands, abilities.

*Bulletproof
*Super strong
*Unmovable
*Teleporting
*Time traveling capable

These powers on there own are things we limit people to as a Main power with two small related back up powers. Now granted your character is a S class so that does allow for a little wiggle room. I guess my concern is that we do not have anyone that counters that level of power this single character has. It feels a bit uneven. This is not a slight at you or the character in general.

Random point, I feel he should have more points in energy. Just him being what he is, I would feel that should be almost maxed out.

I don't know. Am I just over thinking this? Do we have any contenders for S class power houses coming in the next Episode?

Kind
His heart is as soft as his skin is impervious.

Unearthly Strength and Toughness
The simplest way to describe his powers is that while his strength is virtually limitless in magnitude, it appears to be restricted to lifting, squeezing, and walking around. If he is trapped between two walls, he can push over whichever one is weaker. When lifting things, the weight is limited only by the structural integrity of the surface he is standing on. As for squeezing things, that is a great way to make things not exist anymore, unless you count conversion to quark plasma in the category of 'still existing'. His skin appears to be so dense as to be impenetrable, or at least, if any force in the world is capable of breaking his skin he has yet to encounter it.

• Gravitational 'Radar': Aaron can sense the presence of any mass within about 40 astronomical units. It is difficult for him to sense anything smaller than about a ton, but if he concentrates he can sometimes distinguish nearby objects down to about 100 kg, if they are moving. It is much easier to detect objects silhouetted against the sky. This sense is not blocked by solid objects, and can detect hollow spaces inside larger objects, if they are bigger than about 10 feet across.
  • Wormholes: Aaron can open wormholes from the gravity well he is currently in to other sufficiently deep gravity wells. He can pass through the wormhole almost instantaneously, but the time required to open such a wormhole is just a bit longer than the time required for the light cone of the current gravity well to intersect the neighboring one. (Protecting causality, among other things.) The traces of the tunnel remain open for a few minutes after he passes through, and can be reused and slightly re-aimed during that timeframe. He cannot bring anything with him that doesn't fit snugly; anything more than about an inch away from his skin gets sheared off by tidal forces during transit. Aaron has just recently re-learned the use of this power after more than a decade of forswearing its use. He still walks most places, saving teleports for true emergencies.

ManicMuse ManicMuse Gus Gus
I'm in full agreement with T-Rex in regards to her critique over Aaron & Lars, Much praise to you ma'am,
Other than that, I'm in acceptance of Kate & Anthony.
A minor issue I have with Manami is that she can apparently go faster than all but the fastest of torpedo's when submerged in water. Which...isn't really reflected in her stats at all?
I feel like she should be more along the lines of a B-A rank if she can have Superstrength & Superspeed.

Syrenrei Syrenrei DamagedGlasses DamagedGlasses
I believe I'm in full approval of Max & Luther and I'm sincerely glad that they're making a return. I like their dynamic and how it could evolve, so the two of them are amongst the characters that I take a particular liking to in the RP.

yoikes yoikes
Whilst I sincerely love the concept of Mitch, I am a bit confused about how her stats would work and being honest, I'm not actually sure how to improve on them either.
Would most certainly appreciate if someone more experienced in this area of stats gave their thoughts into this because I'm drawing quite the blank.

ManicMuse ManicMuse
I approve of Morgan, seems just as wonderful as ever.
In terms of Gavin, whilst I also approve of him, I'm a bit concerned and aware how hard it seems to actually properly put him into scenes with a bunch of strong supers and whatnot. In terms of suggestions, May I advise developing a potential plot for Gavin to try and enlist as the Community Service TA or something similar to that? It would align a bit more I think with his want to provide costumes for people and I'd imagine that Community Service as a whole is one of the more tame classes to deal with, especially for a normie.
I also approve of Isabella, glad she's making an appearance once again. Will take joy in seeing how she develops in the future

Syrenrei Syrenrei

*Be all you can be in the army national guard*
Sorry had to. Look at those Hero Stats. ;D They are fitting though. These are the traits they would to instill in their people, so I can roll with it.

Fearless trait - Is she really fearless or does she just face fear and overcome it? Or is she just dead inside now? Inquiring minds want to know. I always considered Courageous and fearless and two different things. Courageous is knowing the odds and being fearful and still doing it. Fearless is that dumb*** who is a young pup, wet behind the ears, and just does not caring for the ramifications of their actions.

Super power - Can someone if they wanted, surprise her and in some way jolt her to get into her pocket, so to speak? Clearly not with hands but like a grabber?

Dimension limits - Weight limit? Over all size limit? I don't think you should have to put hard limits if other's don't have to. BUT if everyone is going to need to, these are things I would want spelled out. Even if they are outlandishly big and crazy. I just want something we could hold to if we needed to. You touched on it in the a size 4, I just think a weight limit of what she can carry would be nice.

-
I would like a rough ammo count please... I hate endless ammo scenes. Even in movies... Yes, I count the gun shots!

<3<3<3

Syrenrei Syrenrei

*Be all you can be in the army national guard*
Sorry had to. Look at those Hero Stats. ;D They are fitting though. These are the traits they would to instill in their people, so I can roll with it.

Fearless trait - Is she really fearless or does she just face fear and overcome it? Or is she just dead inside now? Inquiring minds want to know. I always considered Courageous and fearless and two different things. Courageous is knowing the odds and being fearful and still doing it. Fearless is that dumb*** who is a young pup, wet behind the ears, and just does not caring for the ramifications of their actions.

Super power - Can someone if they wanted, surprise her and in some way jolt her to get into her pocket, so to speak? Clearly not with hands but like a grabber?

Dimension limits - Weight limit? Over all size limit? I don't think you should have to put hard limits if other's don't have to. BUT if everyone is going to need to, these are things I would want spelled out. Even if they are outlandishly big and crazy. I just want something we could hold to if we needed to. You touched on it in the a size 4, I just think a weight limit of what she can carry would be nice.

-
I would like a rough ammo count please... I hate endless ammo scenes. Even in movies... Yes, I count the gun shots!

<3<3<3

Fearless: She is more numb to it if that makes sense. Now that she's been through so many life or death situations she has become a daredevil of sorts, seeking thrills, because she's become too cavalier in a way. For years she expected several times she might die and so it became normalized in its own terrifying way. I hope that makes sense! She cares about ramifications but emotionally she doesn't have the reaction of being terrified. (This can also work against her at times)

Super power: If she had the portal open and willed someone to reach in with a grabber, yes. If she knew what they were doing, no. In and of itself that's its own flaw. If she was being shot and didn't know a bullet was coming, she'd be dead yo.

Dimension Limits: No weight or size limit; it is endless, timeless, boundless... but she can't affect anything once it's inside, just pull it out. If she can get it in it "fits" and won't collide with anything else. Think of asking the limits of a dimension like asking the size of the universe. It's like a vacuum in a way. The trick is the gateway (her) is of a limited shape.

Ammo: I really dunno, but she DOES have to reload...

Fearless: She is more numb to it if that makes sense. Now that she's been through so many life or death situations she has become a daredevil of sorts, seeking thrills, because she's become too cavalier in a way. For years she expected several times she might die and so it became normalized in its own terrifying way. I hope that makes sense! She cares about ramifications but emotionally she doesn't have the reaction of being terrified. (This can also work against her at times)

Super power: If she had the portal open and willed someone to reach in with a grabber, yes. If she knew what they were doing, no. In and of itself that's its own flaw. If she was being shot and didn't know a bullet was coming, she'd be dead yo.

Dimension Limits: No weight or size limit; it is endless, timeless, boundless... but she can't affect anything once it's inside, just pull it out. If she can get it in it "fits" and won't collide with anything else. Think of asking the limits of a dimension like asking the size of the universe. It's like a vacuum in a way. The trick is the gateway (her) is of a limited shape.

Ammo: I really dunno, but she DOES have to reload...

Luther has my vote.

KNOX, E

2EBlTVd.png
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Order▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Diplomacy▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Strength▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Defense▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Agility▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Intelligence▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Willpower▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Energy▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06

Here's Eve. Ready to be read like a book and be judged by you, honest people.

Last edited:
Aldur Aldur
A specified range of her powers would be mighty useful in gauging how much she can/cannot do and how far away she can be to do things. I'd imagine she can't do things halfway across the city.
I feel like her stats are too spread out and don't represent her actual power properly. She has a lot of stats in intelligence despite not really having any power related to that, so she's either a super genius or have some power I don't recall reading. I'd advise taking away two points from that and putting it into energy.
I'd also like an explained, explicit reason why she has such incredibly advanced cybernetics. She doesn't have much need of them given she has powers, why wouldn't she has been just giving fancy cybernetics but instead, they're just normal human level, kind of like Holly Kane?
Aside from the fact that The Commonwealth did it, I don't see a real reason why she'd be given such incredibly strong and durable arms in the first place. Much more standard prosthetics would work just as fine I imagine.
Specific examples for her limitation "Time Attack" would be wonderful as well. Such as saying what she can do in a minute, in five minutes, in ten and twenty etc. Would help clarify a bit more.
Personally to me, "Oh, The Humanity" isn't much of a limitation in regards to her power at all. I'd imagine the same would apply to most Supers in general, I feel like it doesn't really fit in properly. Unless she plans on getting injured and hurt even more and turning into a robot, I doubt the weakness has much actual relevance in terms of the overall RP.

DamagedGlasses DamagedGlasses

I weep for the tux's that will be damaged in the episodes to come.

Ehhhh, iffy about this Bad Judge of Character. I mean he is worldly, well versed in talking to lots of people, from different walks of life. Its just... something seems off about it. Like maybe its Redemption for All or something. Forgives to easily?

Bad Judge of Character
With the lows of Maximilian’s life came an understanding of the situations the worst kind of people can come from. Unfortunately, while this does give him some ability to give even the worst to repent, he usually misjudges the personality and intent of those who intend to deceive him. Willing to let some unfortunate habits or telling side comment in the hopes of giving someone “a 2nd chance”, Maximilian isn’t stupid or unobservant, but is unwise with what he picks up.

Skill Collector: Maximilian naturally takes in the preexisting skills of those around him in a 80 foot radius. This process happens over the course of an hour and require's Maximilian to be conscious and fully aware of the person he is collecting from. Maximilian is not made aware of where skills he collects originate from and gains no insight into how exactly said skill was obtained and through what method the person gained experience in said skill.

Sooo I think I get it but bit confused. He knows what skills he is taking,right? He knows who he is taking it from? He just does not know how they got the skill or how advanced it is? Does he just download every skill that person has or can he pick and choose. Like if someone is an expert murderer but also an artist... does he just get both skills?

This concerns me in part because he could go to impart some knowledge of cooking for someone and find out this person he took the cooking skills from was a fail ass chef and flunked out of school (because he could not see now they gained the skill). But also comparing that to the next sub - power.... he has full knowledge now...

Skill Library: Maximilian possesses an accurate and categorized mind that catalogs all skills collected throughout his years. It convienently labels and provides insight into the level and explanation of each skill, allowing Maximilian to know which skills he has left to give in a 24 hour period. This power also allows Maximilian to delete unused skills and accept new ones with ease.

So after he has collected it, he has all the knowledge on the skill level and everything?

Now also what is the library limit? When he gives a skill to someone does he compile all files giving this person the best of the best? Or only one file/impression of this gift of his choosing?

<3<3<3

Edit: Can he forget about a skill he collected and still have it. Like a bad memory moment? Maybe it just appears as a blank file in his mind?

I approve. A general suggestion or inquiry. Ramifications from being able to recall so much. Do traumatic events from his past ever pop up at bad times and invoke any sort of issues given his mental clarity? Personally, the more distance from details and clear images of a trauma make it easier to separate from it. Given his gift, I would think that would also be a curse. Maybe he has trouble sleeping sometimes. -shrugs- Just a thought.

COSTANZO, A.

• Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Altruism▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Order▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Kindness▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Diplomacy▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05

Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Strength▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Defense▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Agility▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Intelligence▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Willpower▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Energy▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01

OH GOD!! QUESTIONS!!

Ok, I'll take each question and concern by order.

Ehhhh, iffy about this Bad Judge of Character. I mean he is worldly, well versed in talking to lots of people, from different walks of life. Its just... something seems off about it. Like maybe its Redemption for All or something. Forgives to easily?

You got me redhanded. I never liked my reasoning for using Bad Judge of Character, and I could never think of a way to accurately roleplay it. I like your Redemption for All suggestion and will implement it.

Sooo I think I get it but bit confused. He knows what skills he is taking,right? He knows who he is taking it from? He just does not know how they got the skill or how advanced it is? Does he just download every skill that person has or can he pick and choose. Like if someone is an expert murderer but also an artist... does he just get both skills?

This concerns me in part because he could go to impart some knowledge of cooking for someone and find out this person he took the cooking skills from was a fail ass chef and flunked out of school (because he could not see now they gained the skill). But also comparing that to the next sub - power.... he has full knowledge now...

When I say Max has to be aware of a person, I'm referring to people around him he isn't aware of. Max is constantly receiving skills of all kinds from the people he is aware of, such as those who aren't hiding from him or have been noticed by Max. However, he doesn't instantly put them into his library and instead sorts through them before accepting or denying them. It's become a sort of pasttime for him to sit down and receive thousands of skills from the people around him and deny or accept. It's through the use of Skill Library sub-power that he gains an accurate sense of the level and explanation for what each skill refers to. Basically, his power translates the thought power and muscle memory of his target into an easily sorted through library.

If an artist with the killing skill got within Max's range, yes, he would get both skills, but he would have no idea that they both came from the same person, nor would he know which person they came from, unless, I guess, he was the only person he was aware of within 80 feet of him.

So after he has collected it, he has all the knowledge on the skill level and everything?

Now also what is the library limit? When he gives a skill to someone does he compile all files giving this person the best of the best? Or only one file/impression of this gift of his choosing?

I'm going to point you to his Limitations, because they answer most of your questions. Also, he can't give someone a bundle of skills put together from bunches of people and labeled as a new broader skill.

I have concerns about the Hulk paradox with Mammers here. Yes, that is her nickname in my house.

She is a normal Super, until she is not. It's that switch over that worries me. Honesty, part of me wants to rank her as an A ranking. I am just torn. The amount of damage we are suggesting she can do in her other form makes her a higher ranking Super. I also worry about lack of realistic in game limitations for after she hulks out.

Plus, only her strength stat moves. When in reality at least from how it seems rewritten, everything improves. She gets a boost across the board. Stronger, faster, likely harder to knock out than her little normal self. I personally feel we should see a shot gun spray of boosted stats for her change over. Meaning that again would suggest a higher ranking Super.

I don't know. I have my reservations about lack of limitations or restrictions to Hulk Manami.

Hamasaki, M

stingray-png.287376
  • Heroism Meter
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰09
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰09
    Order▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Proaction▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Diplomacy▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Composure▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Strength▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱3/7
    Defense▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Agility▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Intelligence▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Willpower▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Energy▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

(Yes, I know he is already approved.)

I approve:
Kendrick Haywood

Can't even find a suggestion I would make. Great job on limitations.

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

(Yes, I know he is already approved.)

I approve:
Kendrick Haywood

Can't even find a suggestion I would make. Great job on limitations.

Hey, I don't mind if people want to re-evaluate them. I only have things to win from that >w<
Haha yeah, except for number 4 tho (which I had to do because King [iirc] asked if he could manipulate a blow-sex doll or whatever they are called), they have been like this since iteration one of the CS.
He was a really thought through concept, unlike Cecil. Comes to show a lot of my progress in this RP, CS planning wise.

Well, Cecilia gets a spoon of sugar, I WAS coming back from a 3 year RP hiatus >w<

Thank you for the compliment <3 >///<

Aubin-Mignault, A

02a98f769de5d4f3ecd0b1da2a89afb3-jpg.283123

• Heroism Meter
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Altruism▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Order▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Diplomacy▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Composure▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱04
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Strength▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Defense▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Agility▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Intelligence▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Willpower▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Energy▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01

CRANE, T.
6b76b286f870773d00f592b6be6f3ea9.jpg

• Heroism Meter
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Altruism▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Order▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Proaction▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Diplomacy▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Composure▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Strength▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰09
    Defense▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Agility▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Intelligence▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Willpower▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Energy▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01

Syrenrei Syrenrei
I think the main reason I haven't gimped Red's stats so far is I haven't gotten word whether Red's powers fall under Energy or Willpower/
Been waiting since before chapter 4 and I'm pretty sure my requests to the boss are being shredded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back