AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱2
    Strength▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱2
    Defense▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱1
    Agility▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱2
    Intelligence▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱4
    Willpower▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱8
    Energy▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱1

Someone help me figure out appropriate stats for telepathy while I work on the rest of the profile. Technically Morgan has higher willpower than Chernov atm, also I don't like his intelligence being at 4 because his powers don't really modify his intelligence. He's good at recognizing emotions in people, but it's only because it's a skill that he's picked up over the course of using his powers.

I'd say just drop intelligence to 3 as suggested above and leave Will at 8 as that would still put him at the low end of B rank. Or pop it to 9 if you want to hint at potential crises in the future.

Will 8/9 does seem high given his development so far in game, but as you have often said in chat and elsewhere: stats represent a character's maximum potential; he doesn't have to be a professor X level psychic now, just the potential to be one if he pursues his development.

As for the energy/will question, I think Will definitely fits G's power as written/played. I think a telepath COULD plausibly use energy instead, but it might be a bit less subtle and more a blunt instrument? Like a blast of psychic static that makes everybody within a mile radius have a simultaneous brain fart. That could be energy rather than will. It might not even be an ACT of will, just an involuntary release of psychic energy.

Here is my thinking on the issue of will vs energy vs other stats generally: This whole mess is caused by 'enigma particles' right? So they interact with certain genotypes 'mysteriously' right? Sometimes they cause permanent changes to your physiology, like super strength, bullet proof skin, hyper reflexes, increased processing, regenerative cells, and so on. Those sorts of powers are covered nicely by the other stats. Stuff your body can do better because of how enigma field affected you.

Will and energy seem a little problematic because they both cover powers that allow you to effect the world around you in some way beyond the merely physical impact of your meat.

So here is the model I propose: Obviously it takes energy to make changes to the world. Taking that as a given, the question is: where does the energy come from. It seems equally obvious to me that the answer is generally going to be "The Enigma Field!" Maybe not always, but if we learned anything from "Episode I: The Phantom Bullshit" it is that you should never re-explain something you already hand-waved away with a perfectly good "It's an energy field that surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together". Just leave it there, goddamnit you stupid-bearded jawa-hobbit, you don't have to f-

...Sorry. ...It gets me upset.

ANYway, this is my point: If you want to use will to effect the world, fine! You use will to direct the energies of the enigma field to do the thing. If you want to use energy stat instead, that is fine too! You don't need a high will because the enigma field will charge you up like a battery. All you have to do is point your finger or open your eyes or something. Having a low will might even be better for high energy under that model because you could be more open to the intrusion of enigma particles into your body if you weren't so strong willed maybe. Maybe eventually Victoria could learn to STOP the field from charging her up quite so much

So: Problem solved?

This allows for a psychic who just projects but doesn't read, but doesn't have to get all 'constipation face' about it because they just use the energy stored in their brain.

Jordan seems like the type to get all constipation face if he is trying to read somebody who doesn't want to be read (or more likely, trying NOT to read anybody). Either way, he is using will to bend the enigma field this way or that by thinking hard about it. The invoulntary reading would represent patterns the field just 'likes' to take near his brain. He has to think hard to break those patterns.

This also allows TK to be will based or energy based depending on where the energy is stored. Do you lift cars by magnetism? Fine! The question becomes: Does the energy to create that magnetic field come from you? That would be the energy stat. The other alternative would be that you direct the enigma field to tweak the existing magnetic field. And that would be will.

Maybe move some points from intelligence to energy?
Welian described the energy stats in the doc last night as what would be mana in a RPG. So going with the science of the RP so far, the enigma particles, I guess they would have a unique configuration for each super? (Probably, similar base power have similar base configurations) And Mitch's ability probably does something like change it's configuration to match someone else's (yeah this is weird, but bear with me), I would guess, That Mitch needs at least a energy stats of 3?
IDK, it makes sense to me.

Also an intelligence stats of 6 seems quite high for someone whose ability isn't directly tied to intelligence (counter example: Jordan). Maybe if she had a innate capability of understanding someone else's power in the spot, which is not the case since she has to see it being used before.

Do others think this makes sense? This is just food for thought that came from Sin's interjection and last night's stats discussion. I just hadn't thought of this before.

OHHH
How about keeping the same stats layout (intelligence > Willpower), but take a point from each and toss them into energy?

How did i miss this

Yes, her enigma particles would 'mimic' the person whose power Mitch wanted to copy (I think i write a bit about this when she copied Klaus's power).

It makes sense that she should't have 6 for Intelligence, since she's not super. I'm agree with dropping the Intelligence to 5/4 and throw the point into Energy.
I actually also wanted to drop her Willpower a bit, into 4/3 since Mitch has 'Hesitant' as her negative personality trait.

I know you touched on this tonight. My thoughts. Since his limiter is normally active, what effect would it have on this skill if it was kept as a constant state of being? Movement. Considering Galvanized being active slows his movements to a crawl, I would assume it would be better for his sake, sanity, to have it off most the time. Plus, his weight would not only effect the amount of effort he puts into movement but also the amount of weight he puts on the other objects around him. I would think use of cars or other major transport would be out, short of him using his powers to move them if he were Galvanized all the time. Or sitting in a chair. Generally, interacting with his surrounds could be a struggle. Just some ideas.

There. New round of edits for Red. Made Galvanize an active-use ability again, edited stats to be less extreme and made some edits to the Magnetism description.
Let me know if you see any other issues.

It's painful to have to go all the way back to Page 2 to see his profile.
Here is updated Red character sheet because I am too lazy to keep going back, will look at and state thoughts later.

WARD, H.

33641105_big_p0_zps14604051.jpg
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰09
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Order▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰09
    Diplomacy▱▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01/02
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰08
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Strength▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱03
    Defense▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03/07
    Agility▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Intelligence▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Willpower▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱07
    Energy▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07

Some errors linger in that copied version in regards to stats, but everything else is clear so far.

KNOX, E

2EBlTVd.png
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Order▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Diplomacy▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Strength▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Defense▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Agility▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Intelligence▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Willpower▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Energy▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06

Here's Eve. Ready to be read like a book and be judged by you, honest people.

I've got more updates. Need more feedback, please! Thank you!

How did i miss this

Yes, her enigma particles would 'mimic' the person whose power Mitch wanted to copy (I think i write a bit about this when she copied Klaus's power).

It makes sense that she should't have 6 for Intelligence, since she's not super. I'm agree with dropping the Intelligence to 5/4 and throw the point into Energy.
I actually also wanted to drop her Willpower a bit, into 4/3 since Mitch has 'Hesitant' as her negative personality trait.
I don't think the Ability Scores are related to personality traits at all, just power stuff.
Having a high Willpower would not affect her hesitant trait, and she can still be hesitant while having a high Willpower stats.

But, despite that little confusion of yours, perhaps you're on the right track.
It would make sense that her power would be more energy based than anything else and a Willpower of 3/4 would still make sense to me since Mitch's power doesn't seen to relate as much to mental effort and concentration as, for example, Cecilia's is. (Kendrick was a bad example, since he's got 3 in there too : P)

Last edited:
  • Touched up Izzy's history still need input.
  • Something is missing with Gavin. He is still too out there and larger than life on how he gets his equipment and I need some ideas on what he would have to make super gear. Insight please.
  • Page ... Page is a shadow me so its hard. I like her but... well you always know what you are going to get from her. Panic, rage and little fireballs. Are we okay with this or do we have ideas?

CHASE, I.

c1d73565-2b82-4270-a305-b9f1e3f89c33.jpg
  • Heroism Meter
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Altruism▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Order▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Diplomacy▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Composure▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Strength▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Defense▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Agility▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Intelligence▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Willpower▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Energy▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01

DABBS, G

10363352_880258778654556_5897980630502074588_n.jpg
  • Heroism Meter
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱05
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Order▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Diplomacy▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Composure▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱04
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Strength▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Defense▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Agility▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Intelligence▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Willpower▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Energy▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01

MORGAN, P

page%20morgan%20with%20bag.jpg
  • Heroism Meter
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Order▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Kindness▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Diplomacy▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Composure▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Strength▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Defense▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Agility▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Intelligence▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Willpower▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Energy▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06

Edwards, Trent

tumblr_n8254y0GJ51se2cnlo1_500.jpg
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱5
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱5
    Order▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱8
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱4
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱7
    Diplomacy▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱3
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰9

Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱3
    Strength▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱2
    Defense▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱ 2(7)
    Agility▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱2
    Intelligence▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱2
    Willpower▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱5
    Energy▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱3

Last edited:
I'm looking for feedback / comments so please feel free to take a hard look.

I already know I need a code name but my brain wasn't working but I wanted to get it up for others to look at.

Edwards, Trent

tumblr_n8254y0GJ51se2cnlo1_500.jpg
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱5
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱5
    Order▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱8
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱4
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱7
    Diplomacy▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱3
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰9

Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱3
    Strength▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱2
    Defense▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱ 2(7)
    Agility▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱2
    Intelligence▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱2
    Willpower▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱5
    Energy▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱3

I would add a caveat to "impossible for for physical objects to pass through." Like, what happens if someone drops the planet Venus on his head? Is he fine? He only has a defense of seven...

Maybe throw in a limitation that if, say, the Hulk starts punching his shield he gets a nosebleed, or starts to tire, or overheats maybe.

EDIT: you don't really need a codename. Probably a third of us don't have one.

Looks neat. I am just doing a flyby comment because I am working on a prompt collaboration which I promised J I would have up for input by tonight.

I would suggest putting the two points from energy 1 and 1 into will and defense, personally.

I know the energy/will question is still open, but in my mind it is either/or. You should not have to pay for both.

The way you describe it seems like a will power, and the level of defense stated should be 8 at least, if not 9.

Why not gasses? Gas is physical in nature. It has kinetic energy (That's why it exerts pressure!)

I would include gasses as being blocked (and fire) but maybe not proof against light and telepathy and maybe other TK powers?

Neat idea. Simple and clean. (Contrary to popular belief, I DO appreciate simple, clean ideas. Its only when you consider consequences of simple ideas that things get messy.)

I would add a caveat to "impossible for for physical objects to pass through." Like, what happens if someone drops the planet Venus on his head? Is he fine? He only has a defense of seven...

Maybe throw in a limitation that if, say, the Hulk starts punching his shield he gets a nosebleed, or starts to tire, or overheats maybe.

EDIT: you don't really need a codename. Probably a third of us don't have one.

B Bag o Fruit
Hmm you raise a good point!

To your first point: I guess my thinking was that because it only stops physical objects (gasses, fire, etc... could still enter / exit) it could bear the brunt of quite a bit. As far as dropping Venus onto it.... well lets be a little more in the RP since I don't see anyone doing anything like that :)

2nd point: I guess I wasn't specific enough to really say that he can hold the shield at full strength until it simply fails (based on his Willpower). If a shield fails to excessive impacts then it would drain Trent of his stamina and would have to rest before he could create another distance shield. Does that make sense?

3rd point: I thought blue card heroes all had code names?

Looks neat. I am just doing a flyby comment because I am working on a prompt collaboration which I promised J I would have up for input by tonight.

I would suggest putting the two points from energy 1 and 1 into will and defense, personally.

I know the energy/will question is still open, but in my mind it is either/or. You should not have to pay for both.

The way you describe it seems like a will power, and the level of defense stated should be 8 at least, if not 9.

Why not gasses? Gas is physical in nature. It has kinetic energy (That's why it exerts pressure!)

I would include gasses as being blocked (and fire) but maybe not proof against light and telepathy and maybe other TK powers?

Neat idea. Simple and clean. (Contrary to popular belief, I DO appreciate simple, clean ideas. Its only when you consider consequences of simple ideas that things get messy.)

Thank you for your reply!

To your first point: I put some points into energy because I thought they were needed in order to "create" the barrier, if Weli says those points are not needed then I would happily make the move.

2nd point: I think an argument could be made for needing both depending on the character

3rd point: I feel that the barrier is a willpower and I agree that if I had more points that I would boost the defense.

4th point: I think kept it permeable to gasses because you could not physically "hold" them, same as with fire or wind which would be some obvious weaknesses. I do understand that gasses do have kinetic energy.

5th point: Thanks for the nod about being simple. I really wanted it to be very specific and have very obvious weak points because then it would be easier to work with others to produce some good synergy.

3rd point: I thought blue card heroes all had code names?
If he ever worked as a vigilante (like your backstory implies), yes.

But I would think that IDK, if you worked as part of the police force or something, you wouldn't need it?
It's just a speculation.

All right. Got my prompt written up. Just a couple of study halls and covering a biology class today. Finally ready to dig into CSs and give feedback. Will try to get some writing done, but this seems to be the core need of the RP right now, so as much as I would like to work on the other 10 prompts I haven't got to, plus a few threads, THIS COMES FIRST!!!

*Rolls up sleeves and pant cuffs and wades in*

I don't think the Ability Scores are related to personality traits at all, just power stuff.
Having a high Willpower would not affect her hesitant trait, and she can still be hesitant while having a high Willpower stats.

But, despite that little confusion of yours, perhaps you're on the right track.
It would make sense that her power would be more energy based than anything else and a Willpower of 3/4 would still make sense to me since Mitch's power doesn't seen to relate as much to mental effort and concentration as, for example, Cecilia's is. (Kendrick was a bad example, since he's got 3 in there too : P)

Aaahh yes.

Her power is more intellect than willpower.

Thanks for the input!

Also, how's Tomoko and Naran? Good?

Aaahh yes.

Her power is more intellect than willpower.

Thanks for the input!

Also, how's Tomoko and Naran? Good?
You're welcome! OWO7

They both make sense to me. Loved Naran’s 'Messiah Conplex' flaw, with the whole 'want to save everyone' thing. I relate to that a little bit >w<, I think that was smart to include as well.

Tomoko is adorable, I love her so much and don't see anything wrong.

But, I stopped wagging in first, to let others who are better at this and see things I don't, talk first.
I started suggesting things for Mitch because Sin said they didn't know what to suggest and suddenly the idea came to me in a flash. You can say I was misteriously inspired XD

But yeah, I'm staying in the second base. I AM more of a problem solver (but not the one to spot it, usually) and like Syrenrei said on Discord, I'm 'incorrigibly nice', critique is not for me >w<

Last edited:
Wow did that ever take a long time!

@Natalie
Nix: Looks fine to me. Not clear what edits are still pending. Maybe that is out of date? If it was me, I would collapse 'animal communication' and 'body language reading' into 'non verbal communication' and leave a slot open for other potential development down the road. As I recall the reason Nix ended up with three in energy was due to some insistence in CC that the ability to project understanding into other minds might be developed into a psychic attack in the future. I would suggest leaving a 'supporting power' slot open for that. The two supporting powers are redundant. Animal vocalizations would be covered in the 'language' primary power, and the rest of animal commuication is non verbal and not so different from body language among primates with complex speech (such as people) That said, I don't think it is a big deal and I add my vote to the pile.

The Oldest Blueberry The Oldest Blueberry
Larry: I have only one problem with LARRY. I want to see more of him in game. Get to writing dammit! Entertain me!

AllHailDago AllHailDago
Melody: A very interesting, and problematic concept. (I LIKE PROBLEMATIC CONCEPTS!) So far, there has been a LOT of resistance to the idea of changeable stats. For most characters, the work around has been to simply assign the maximum possible potential to each relevant area and agree to work with less as appropriate. Like if you can be a human a lion or a gazzelle, you could put 2 in everything except Strength and Agility and put 4 in each of those but have them capped at 2 for human, 4 for lion and cap the strength for the gazelle but not the agility. Or something. That works well for limited forms, or for high rank characters, but where you have so many radically different forms, the cost of doing things that way is prohibitive. You could maybe get her in for S rank, but that would be a stretch and she really ought to be a C rank as written. I would suggest dropping a few of the more radical forms, and maybe drop a few of the problematic inanimate objects (But keep some also! That is too cool to drop entirely) As for getting the flexibility for the stats, Welian may kill me, but I really think you gotta have a base with some floating points that can be moved around to make her work.

Kate sort of offers a precedent for this: She is fast and tough in the day, smart and quick at night. The cost of this is that she is not in control of the changes. Unlike other form shifting characters who can will the change that they want to happen, she just changes with the time of day. Melody is similarly limited in that she can choose to change, but not the target form. I think that offers a reasonable way forward: Characters who have no choice in the changes can float stat points, but characters who can change when they want into what they want have to pay for maximum potential. IF that is acceptable to welian (and other members too!)--which is a big if—I would suggest a baseline normal kid with stats 2 1 2 2 3 1 1. That gives you 12 which is an E rank. At C rank that gives you 6 points to spare, so I would suggest maybe play around with assigning those as appropriate to the form with a provisional guideline of not allowing more than 4 added to any one stat. Then just run that list by welian again for suggestions. Most of the forms, as I recall won't need upward modification, and downward modifications don't need approval. You can play dumber or clumsier at your option any time.

Lucas seems to be all set? Yay! Now I just need to write him out of the corner I wrote him into.

Zahzi Zahzi
Hunter seems much better balanced now. I would be proud to charge into battle alongside him again should the need ever arise. I will try very hard to do better next time as I am sure going into battle alongside me is the last thing you want after that last time... Maybe Lucas would make a better partner for Red. One thing that looks odd to my eye is that the headings are all indented with bullet points and the sub-headings/descriptions are left justified with no indent or bullet. That seems backwards, but maybe you want it that way? The relationships tab seems a little short also. Maybe add a few blurbs about students you have interacted with? Colleagues who almost got you killed? At least a post it note so you don't forget to kill them later. Oh, and as an afterthought, maybe steal a point from agility to boost defense? I know he is badass even without his powers, but that can be down to training; I have known formidable martial artists who were not quick on their feet. One lady I studied under was in her late sixties and could barely walk, but she'd put you on your ass, every single time. You don't have to be fast in a fight if you know just what the other person is up to. There is always a minimal countermove if you can read an attacker's intent accurately enough. I understand this is a ret-con, but it seems easier to justify his fighting skill with a low agility than his canonical tanking with a defense of just six. So that is my case for agility 1 defense 6. That and it would give a nice range of values for “1” with Aaron representing the truly impaired and Red representing just a bit below average from age and metallic tissues. As with Nix, this is only a suggestion and I approve either way.

ViAdvena ViAdvena
Marianne. I will just say: I am really glad you are back. I've missed Mary's presence in my classes, prompts and threads. I approve. I did notice a couple of nitpicky things: Firstly 'form' should be pluralized to 'forms' in the “Greed” section of biography. Second: You should have a phone in your equipment section. You know, for like, shooting candid videos of fellow students when they are at their most vulnerable. You thought I forgot about that didn't you? Well the internet didn't forget Lucas, and I haven't forgotten that scene either! Give Mary a phone.

Malikai Malikai
Jerimiah Johnson... Kid Green Lantern. (that is how I think of him.) He is already approved, and I have no problem with that. I look forward to his eventual development of his signature 'light whip' and may he never call shotgun before Manami.

The J The J
Hadrian: Something weird going on with the boxes in your heroism stats. Otherwise no notes. I approve and look forward to future projects with Ajax, not least because I love your profile pic.

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun
Juliana. If JJ is green lantern, you must be starfire. Haven't had a lot of chance to interact with Julie, but looking forward to it. That is a lovely list of skills and flaws, and I can't wait to see how she and Manami get along. I am guessing either best friends or arch-enemies, and I am fine with either one. Should be a blast to write.

Cecilia looks great! Can't wait for next team up with Manami and JJ!

Kendrick has always had a special place in my heart since his inception. I have also enjoyed his development, especially in the exploration of his peculiar friendship with Manami. I look forward to many more adventures.

Swoob Swoob
Eden gets the same note as Larry. Absences makes the heart grow impatient. Get back in there and entertain me! Also: Ostrich Riding Skill made me laugh.

B Bag o Fruit
Chris has been the subject of so many discussions and head-canon stories that I feel as if he were one of my own characters, or even my own son. Funny that. Funny too that of all my characters, I have had almost no interaction of any kind with Chris beyond “Hey there!” Explaining the mysteries of calling shotgun is as deep as we've got into in game. I look forward to changing that. No notes. Straight approval. Love that 'pinball' is beyond him.

ManicMuse ManicMuse Notes for you and notes for you on your notes for me also:

Izzy is back! Awesomesauce. I am going to have Aaron kidnapped just so she can rescue him.

Page. I love her. It is my dearest ambition to get her to set one of my characters on fire. Probably Lars. But Kate is coming out of the gate as a strong contender. I have no notes on page either. She is perfect in her beautiful imperfections

Gavin: Everybody's favorite E rank. Looking forward to his continuing story. I teared up a bit writing the summary of episode two over his part in the mall. Hoping Anneliesse can help him with the aftermath of that and that his ambitions with Victoria are successful. I would also like for him to meet Lars. Will they become nemeses? Will Gavin make a deal with the devil to get access to some of Lars's metamaterials tech? Can the wunderkid be corrupted by the madman who was once as he was? Only time will tell...

Lemon Boy Lemon Boy I have questions about your questions: Specifically: did I address your questions adequately for any of these?

Aaron: I have not made any yet because I am not clear if my previous explanation satisfied anyone besides AllHailDago... I ought to have at least two votes between Dago and Nessy. Do I hear a third? MiniT? I feel pretty strongly that Aaron is ok as is, and would almost rather write him out than break canonical stories via clumsy ret-con. I am reluctant to do that also though because I understand Welian has plans for Aaron, though she has not let me know what they are.

Lars I have also not edited. I heard the critiques, but I also feel I answered them. He is not realistic, but he is not meant to be. He is a villain and needs to be larger than life to stand toe to toe with supers. I have plans for Lars. If you don't like his background, remember that nobody knows if any of that is true, including him. He is written to be a villain's villain, and if you don't like it, then take him down hard. I promise to make it a satisfying chase.

Manami too, I have clarified but not heard back about. She is a mid range D rank most of the time. She just gets a little stronger and more graceful in the water, and marginally smarter. She doesn't really hit C rank unless she is provoked in the extreme, which has yet to happen in the canon. Her only real fight scene was in a xmas prompt. If, on that basis, people really feel strongly that she should be B, I could do that, but I would be sad, because right now I have one character for each rank. She is not meant to be unbeatable like the hulk or wolverine (Or X-23 if you prefer) She has no healing factor, and she is not super tough. In a straight up fight, she will probably get her licks in and be knocked out. If you can land a solid hit, she'll go down like a sack of fish. (That said, she IS trained to fight, and in her element she'd be a force to be reckoned with simply because most people are not well suited to fighting in the water.) I just want a sweet innocent fish girl who at some point is going to sink an aircraft carrier by throwing a submarine through it. Is that so wrong?

Kate. I think I have two votes if I am counting right? Can I get a third or some feedback up in here?

Anthony: Added “Restless” to Flaws at Mini-T's suggestion. It's funny but I had thought I DID have that in there somewhere.

yoikes yoikes
Mitch: Borrower is a classic hero trope, and I've liked her ever since she was the only girl to take Lucas's sudden appearance in stride. Happy to have her on the team.

Sato Tomoko: IMOTO-SAN! DAITSUKE! ISSYO NI IKIMASHO, NE?

Naran: I approve. And to everyone who thinks she is only A rank, I submit to you: A kinetic energy capacitor might take a long time to charge, but there is no theoretical reason she needs to have an upper bound on the charge, nor a maximal power upon discharge. The upshot of this is that, given enough time to charge, she could potentially cause an extinction level event with one punch. Admittedly, unlike one punch man, she'd die from that, but still. She is, and deserves to be, a hard S rank. 9 Energy brought down a bridge by just looking at it. 9 energy in supplementation to 5 strength is terrifying to contemplate. She could easily level buildings with that, and could plausibly write a world ending event as a prompt. Awesome.

Syrenrei Syrenrei
DamagedGlasses DamagedGlasses
Max & Luther: Everybody's favorite odd couple. I have only one complaint: Where's my dodgeball at?

Aldur Aldur
Eve Frickin' Knox. Love the codename, glad you kept it. Blow the trumpet and the walls come tumbling down. Limits on power seems better defined and in keeping with what has been written. She is one of my favorite A ranks, both conceptually and in practice. Had fun writing her and Kate apprehending Dr. D. Looking forward to future collaborations.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz
Avoyelles: As The Great Wilfred Brimley once said: “Ooh-wee! Ha ha! Sometimes I 'maze myself! Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear!” That translates from the Cajun to “I approve of this wholeheartedly”

Tabitha: What can I say about Tabby. She has grown so much since episode 2.

welian welian
Morgan Aw. De sweet li'tl mer-kitten! Dunno if you saw my previous take, but basically I'd recommend 2 2 1 2 3 9 1

He definitely plays out as a will based character, not energy. I think that he should be hypothetically off the charts with the understanding that he is not there yet, and given how much he hates his powers may never be. But just on the off chance that he changes his mind. Give him godlike potential, and then leave it untapped. You know you want to. It's underachiever wish fulfillment cubed!

Dano Dano
Trent: Standing by what I said before. I think he should block anything made of matter, including gasses. Light can still get through, so lasers work fine. Psychic attacks would still work. Oppositional TK could still penetrate it. Magnetic fields. Maybe electricity? Even if electrons couldn't get through (being physical) they could still coat the surface of the shield and cause discharges inside it by induction. Oh, also seismic waves! If you make a dome on the ground they can't punch through shield to get you, but they can still punch the ground outside dome, right? That is plenty of vulnerabilities, I think. I am a big believer in taking away the option to just punch your way through a problem because 'epic' fights where the hero and the villain just trade mighty blows is boring to me. Go whole hog: Prevent any kind of matter from penetrating the shield. That will force creative approaches to get round it. Furthermore, if gasses can't penetrate it, you could use it in space! Also, you would have to be worried about running out of air eventually if the bad guys just decide to besiege you.

If you're still taking suggestions for codenames I really like “Duban” The black shield of Cu Chulainn https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cú_Chulainn
It plays into your background being something of a 'black sheep' with issues with your father.

Speaking of which, I feel like that part of the history needs a little more detail? The dad seems a bit... cartoonish? Why was perfection still not good enough? What was the backhand for? For being perfect? I don't get what was going on there. Additionally, I am not sure why simply having powers would be grounds for disbarment? That needs fleshing out I think.

Overall though, pretty cool, flawed, and interesting character. Add some relationships, delete the default descriptions for the skills/flaws and tools/weapons tab and you have my vote for sure!

Oh my gosh, I'm the GM, I can't just give my own character godlike potential!

Gus Gus
Personally, I don't really think I'm going to comment on the whole Aaron situation because I'm just a bit too strongly biased to judge him fairly. Honestly, you could make Aaron blind, deaf and dumb and I'd still find him totally unacceptable if he still had even the capability to end the world, even if it isn't going to be used.

I'm a bit wary of the fact that Lars background could now be fake. Not exactly fond of things like that where the player could just potentially pull something out of their ass and scream "AH, BUT YOU SEE, IT WAS FAKE ALL ALONG AND I ACTUALLY CAN DO OR DID THIS" and other stuff like that.

For Manami, I'd still prefer she either gets a nerf to her speed in water or her Agility gets increased to match the speed she is capable of going at. I'm pretty sure Stats are made to reflect maximum potential no matter what and to me, Manami's maximum potential isn't being properly reflected at all in the Agility stats.

Unsure if you've posted him here yet or not, but I also find it very weird and a bit irksome that Lucas can basically have regeneration, but It's not reflected in his stats at all as far as I can remember.

Users who are viewing this thread