ANNOUNCEMENT: Preparations for Episode 5

The Oldest Blueberry The Oldest Blueberry Anyways, I approve of Larry's revisions.

Gus Gus You've got some issues with spacing and font size in Lucas' profile, but we can fix that. The item you have listed is not an item, it's a description of a skill/ability. The chain should definitely be an item-type entry though.

WARD, H.

33641105_big_p0_zps14604051.jpg
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰09
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Order▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰09
    Diplomacy▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰08
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Strength▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱03
    Defense▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱06
    Agility▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Intelligence▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Willpower▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Energy▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07

Last edited:
The Oldest Blueberry The Oldest Blueberry Larry seems fine to me personally, so he's got my acceptance.

Gus Gus Aside from what Welian has stated, Lucas seems fine to me

Zahzi Zahzi Red seems alright Personality & Biography-wise, bit iffy on the stats and powers though personally. Location seems like a good weakness at a glance, but you don't actually state any specifics. How far does his range extend? If it's the entirety of a city, seems like a rather redundant weakness to have in the first place. I believe The J The J also brought up a very good point in Discord that the Buoyancy weakness doesn't really make sense, if say, Red could just manipulate the metal around him so he could fly, albeit I imagine at a slow pace.

The 9 Points in defense seems incredibly excessive for only being able to Galvanize himself. I'd say an 8 or 7 would be absolutely fine.
Health is abnormally high as well with a total of five points. That gives him regenerative abilities near equal to some of the actual regenerators we have in the RP, three points in it would seem a lot more suitable. I'm personally not sure what to suggest, so any help from others from be very much welcome, but I feel like he could use a lot more weaknesses, comes off as very strong without having many drawbacks, which is rather concerning for an S rank.

ROSS, M

qBoB5qJ.png

10 . 08 . 39
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰08
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Order▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Diplomacy▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰08
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Strength▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Defense▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Agility▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Intelligence▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Willpower▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Energy▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04

Last edited:
The Oldest Blueberry The Oldest Blueberry Larry seems fine to me personally, so he's got my acceptance.

Gus Gus Aside from what Welian has stated, Lucas seems fine to me

Zahzi Zahzi Red seems alright Personality & Biography-wise, bit iffy on the stats and powers though personally. Location seems like a good weakness at a glance, but you don't actually state any specifics. How far does his range extend? If it's the entirety of a city, seems like a rather redundant weakness to have in the first place. I believe The J The J also brought up a very good point in Discord that the Buoyancy weakness doesn't really make sense, if say, Red could just manipulate the metal around him so he could fly, albeit I imagine at a slow pace.

The 9 Points in defense seems incredibly excessive for only being able to Galvanize himself. I'd say an 8 or 7 would be absolutely fine.
Health is abnormally high as well with a total of five points. That gives him regenerative abilities near equal to some of the actual regenerators we have in the RP, three points in it would seem a lot more suitable. I'm personally not sure what to suggest, so any help from others from be very much welcome, but I feel like he could use a lot more weaknesses, comes off as very strong without having many drawbacks, which is rather concerning for an S rank.
Didn't mean it like that. Even without metal, he could manipulate his galvanized body to overcome any buoyancy and speed concerns.

Understandable, Lemon Boy Lemon Boy . His high health was less about regeneration and more on vitality. (It had been put there before the Regenerator discussions after all).

As for the other bits, I have edited the weaknesses in question to be more informative.

Understandable, Lemon Boy Lemon Boy . His high health was less about regeneration and more on vitality. (It had been put there before the Regenerator discussions after all).

As for the other bits, I have edited the weaknesses in question to be more informative.

Red was also before the energy stat I think I heard, so you could move some points into energy to justify throwing around metal objects/things.

Johnson, J

JJ.png
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰09
    Order▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Diplomacy▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Strength▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Defense▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Agility▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Intelligence▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Willpower▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Energy▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07

Last edited:
ALBURN, H.

b8b7568ebb61eed86e3f8d95fb4403a0.jpg
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Order▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Diplomacy▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Strength▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Defense▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Agility▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Intelligence▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Willpower▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Energy▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01

Last edited:
Ok, I just spent some time reading over all the profiles that were posted. So because of that, The J The J Malikai Malikai ViAdvena ViAdvena Zahzi Zahzi Gus Gus The Oldest Blueberry The Oldest Blueberry I approve of your characters and look forward to interacting with them. AllHailDago AllHailDago I will approve yours as well once you decide on a rank and limiter thing. It wasn't set on your profile so I'd feel a bit weird approving it right now, but that's the only thing keeping me from doing so.

I asked people and they told me to 'post as I finish them' so, here goes Juliana's updated CS

Also, you said composure in 'stressful' situations and the capacity to deal with their 'fear'. Juliana's composure depends on how much she cares about things. if she's bored she'll just go 'Yeeeah no. I'm not amused so hey! I'm leaving now. Bye Bye! Take care of things for me~' and it could be a monster attack or something like that. Yep. So... I think this makes sense? XD

Alvarenga, J

2015-07-23-754024.png
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Altruism▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Order▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Diplomacy▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Composure▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Score▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱46%
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Strength▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Defense▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Agility▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Intelligence▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Willpower▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Energy▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Points▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱17

Last edited:
Annnd here is Cecilia's!!! 2/3~~!

Pellegrini, C

larger_by_necessity4fun-daetmfs.png
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Order▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰09
    Diplomacy▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Composure▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Score▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱63,5%
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Strength▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Defense▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Agility▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Intelligence▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Willpower▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Energy▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱06
    Points▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱20

Last edited:
TRAMMEL, E.

KxkuVC9.jpg
  • Heroism Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Courage▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Altruism▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱07
    Order▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Kindness▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱04
    Proaction▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱08
    Diplomacy▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Composure▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Ability Statistics
    AspectScaleTotal
    Health▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱05
    Strength▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01
    Defense▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱02
    Agility▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Intelligence▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱03
    Willpower▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰09
    Energy▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱01

Last edited:
Going over characters that I don't think are approved yet. Please be warned this is critique about stats!

Zahzi Zahzi - I think Red's stats could be updated to reflect what he is capable of in-game. Right now he is Health- 5, Strength- 4, Defense- 9, Agility- 2, Intelligence- 2, Willpower- 4, Energy- 1. I know most of these stats are because of what the stats used to be (there was no energy and others were not as defined). I'd suggest the following.
  • Health- Reduce from 5 to 2 or 3
  • Strength- Reduce from 4 to 2 or 3
  • Defense- Fine as is or reduce to 7 or 8
  • Agility- ok (I assume he doesn't use magnetism to fly)
  • Intelligence- ok
  • Willpower- Reduce from 4 to 2 or 3
  • Energy- Boost to justify all his magnetism powers. Depending on how you reduce your other stats, you can get 2 or 3 from health, 1 or 2 from strength, 1 or 2 from defense, and 1 or 2 from willpower to boost it up to 9

ViAdvena ViAdvena - For Mary's stats, I am somewhat curious why she has agility, intelligence, willpower, and energy all at 4. I really like her power and think she's pretty damn neat, but I am somewhat confused what statistic she uses to create portals? Assuming it's energy, she doesn't necessarily need extra points in intelligence or willpower. Agility makes sense she can transport herself and things, but the intelligence and willpower stats confuse me! It is my understanding a 4 in a stat means it is outside the realm of normal human possibility, thus it is impacted/raised by the powers of the super.

Malikai Malikai - You know I love JJ! I think everything about him makes sense. You have my vote!

The J The J - Hadrian's stats are, to me, a bit weird. I realize this is fundamentally based on a difference of thought/opinion I have with the prior character committee. The current system rewards creative powers and originality (as much as you can be in a super RP) and while I respect that, some of the characters benefit from a stat elasticity that I think is detrimental to someone who has a more simple power. Right now, the more exotic the power the easier it is to pay a low cost (stat wise) for what will cost someone far more. For example, let's take an air manipulator. They pay energy cost in their stat pool, but if they use it to alter their agility they need to also pay towards agility, right? Yet others sink most of their cost into the most applicable skill (e.g. energy for the air manipulator), leave everything else at 1-3, but can still justify boosting the skills in practical use because of the power. So which is right and what is wrong? Do you pay for ALL the stat potential your power affects, or just the most applicable one and stretch it as much as you can explain? It is my understanding it's the former for a stat is what you are capable of with that statistic, regardless of whether or not you take advantage.

Hadrian sort of falls under this umbrella where I shrug my shoulders at his stats and say... I dunno! I know the prior CC said that the spread as it was made everything make sense, but I personally scratch my head. Right now his power is being used to explain displaying good agility (not lagging too far behind Viola in one scene, and coordinated against Erik in a fight), being very strong (strength), regenerating (health), and being tough/durable as well as having pain nullification (defense). I think this is a very good concept and I sincerely like Hadrian, but the stat spread doesn't fit what he does. If it was my character this is what I would think would make sense:
  • Health: Boost from 3 to 5 (to justify regeneration) since Eden Trammel just heals a bit better at 4
  • Strength: Reduce from 4 to 3 possibly since his strength, while not visible like a weightlifter, is within the realm of human capability?
  • Defense: Makes sense with power nullification, but you might be able to reduce to 4 since he's not impervious (like having metal skin)
  • Agility: A bit weird, Hadrian seems pretty agile? I'd boost to 2 or 3
  • Intelligence: Ok
  • Willpower: Could reduce from 3 to 2 since he doesn't power through pain, he just never feels it
  • Energy: Ok
Again, these are just my thoughts. I know that most of prior CC strongly disagree with my concepts/ideas about stats, so you do you. If you like my suggestions take it, if you don't, don't! I <3 you J-man.

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun - I am not sure why Juliana has willpower 4 and energy 5. I'd make it willpower 3 and energy 6 unless she has abnormally high willpower as a byproduct of her power? Otherwise she has my vote.

Cecilia
I am also side-eyeing that willpower stat. I can't find the link to the stat descriptions, but does she use energy or willpower as a stat to manipulate air? I'd wager you can go either way. If you reduced willpower to 3, you could increase her agility to 4 (so she can flyyyyy) and her defense to 3 since she has immunity to air? That's a toughie how I'd do the stats. I don't think you necessarily need both willpower and energy so high, though, as other manipulators don't?

Swoob Swoob - Why is his defense 4? That's beyond normal human capability. Is he super tough? I didn't see a reason for it in his power explanations but it's totally possible I missed it. Otherwise I love him!

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun - I am not sure why Juliana has willpower 4 and energy 5. I'd make it willpower 3 and energy 6 unless she has abnormally high willpower as a byproduct of her power? Otherwise she has my vote.
Concentration plays a big role when detaching a light from a source, as long as she keeps concentrating on it it remains but as soon as her attention deviates from it, it quickly goes 'poof!' Imagine being in a dark room and then bang! Someone startles her, bye bye light!
I also set up as this because the energy she absorbed starts struggling to get out as soon as it goes in. It makes her feel kinda 'wrong' and to retain it in demands a lot of effort of her. You can bet she's going to be fatigued afterwards!

Cecilia I am also side-eyeing that willpower stat. I can't find the link to the stat descriptions, but does she use energy or willpower as a stat to manipulate air? I'd wager you can go either way. If you reduced willpower to 3, you could increase her agility to 4 and her defense to 3 since she has immunity to air? That's a toughie how I'd do the stats. I don't think you necessarily need both willpower and energy so high, though, as other manipulators don't?
You're right about defense, that completely escaped my mind and will be fixed ASAP. Agility however, I'm not going to mess with specially because Cecilia has the tendency of losing balance (when running too) and has fallen a couple times in the RP already, I wish that to remain as so since it's part of her concept.
Uhhh, throwing a point of willpower onto defense makes both of them 6, does that still seem weird? I'm taking the entire concentrating past her inane air immunity to sense the air current into account, that's a pretty big thing for willpower IMO.

Last edited:
Syrenrei Syrenrei thanks for the suggestion! Mary's intelligence is 4 because in my headcanon, the calculation required to create the portal is actually far more complex than just imagining the distance and height of the location where she want to open the portal, but her mind automate it, so she only need to worry about the distance and height aspect.
You are right about willpower, though. It's used to be a dump stat that's why. Would it make more sense if I switch it with defense, since Mary can technically send most attack to the other ways with her portals?

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun - That makes sense for Juliana then! I didn't get that from a first read! As for Cecilia, I don't think there are too many high willpower characters that use it just for focus/concentration. I think with whatever I had Imogen at (I should look that up) she could walk into a rain of bullets, take the damage, and keep going. I think 6 is a totally fair number for being able to concentrate while being pummeled!

ViAdvena ViAdvena - You might be able to get away with intelligence 3 since that's already a genius (just not a super one, just possible without superpowers). I get what you are saying with intelligence 4, though. I think it just comes down to choice! If it were me I'd move the willpower stat to energy or agility, to be honest. You could definitely justify it with defense, though! I think it comes down to personal choice and the flavoring you want to go with Mary. As an aside, I have a portal character too who I am hoping to revive once DamagedGlasses DamagedGlasses and I decide if his character Max is returning. =)

Users who are viewing this thread