• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Angels Among Demons

Characters
Here
Lilith
Screen_Shot_2018-12-17_at_10.08.53_PM.png

The last thing of Lilith Shu saw that night, was her saluting him as she rotated on her heels. She vanished away into her room, the door shutting firmly behind her. Was Shu in any danger with the demoness lurking around his penthouse? Probably not the kind he was thinking of. Both of them were exploring dangerous and unknown territory, and it was only a matter of time before something volatile happened. Maybe it would be good...But it could also spell trouble for the whole damn world.

They'd just have to wait and see. What could go wrong for a demon and an angel trying to catch a serial killer?

----------------------

By the time light began to slink through the curtains and crawl over the bed, Lilith was still snuggled firmly in the fluffy sheets. She had pulled the blankets right up to her chin, her head barely resting on the pillow. One may even describe the demoness as a burrito at the moment, given how much she was wrapped up in the warm embrace of cottony love. Never in her life had she slept this good willingly. There were times where she was conked out, or sedated by sketchy doctors, but this was something else. She had passed out the second she dropped down onto the warm fabric, resulting in a solid eight hours of sleeping. The longest she's slept in years.

However, she was likely to wake up once Shu began to move around. She had sensitive hearing, and he was likely an early bird.

Detective Zhao Shukun
master_in_suit_by_aenaluck_dc5ijni-pre.jpg
How right she was. His alarm sounded just as it always did, though today he'd not wake up at sunrise. Instead, he'd actually done something irregular and stayed in bed for another hour before giving the day its proper start. Using the master bathroom inside his room he'd go about his morning routine, and once about forty minutes passed he was moving out into the common areas while completely dressed and ready for his day. Unlike yesterday, today he wore a simple white v-neck t-shirt and a pair of comfy grey jeans. It's unlikely he'd wake Lilith simply from moving about, though around the time he started cooking it was incredibly likely she'd begin to stir.

Eggs rancheros, simmered in chorizo juice and baked in the oven to ensure the eggs would cook in the sauce that was the meat, tomato paste, spices, olives, and mixed peppers. Along with that, he'd put a couple slices of sourdough bread in the toasted and butter each slice before putting it in the warming tray to keep it crispy and hot for whenever he had to go wake up Lilith. Lastly, of course, he'd use his own miniature coffee bar to get a cafe mocha made as well as a latte for himself. Once he'd steamed the chocolaty milk and mixed it with the double espresso he'd begin setting the table in the living room. A small space to eat, a table on the side with two cushioned chairs and a simple surface with just enough space for two and the meal they'd share.

Unfortunately for them both, Shu wasn't used to having this kind of company. He was an only child, and wasn't raised in the formalities that came with sharing his space. Once all was set, and ready at the table, he'd take the mocha and just go straight for the guest room. A room he walks in almost every day, a place where he stores things and often enters just to ensure it is neat and tidy, and a room he'd walk in now without any pause to knock. "Hey, Lilith. I made you a Mocha, and breakfast is getting cold." He'd say while entering the room.

Lilith

The smell of delicious food had begun to awaken Lilith, a happy sigh leaving the back of her throat as she rolled onto her back. Natural lighting lit up the room, leaving a trail of sunlight across her face. Her lips smacked together several times as she tried to get her tongue wet, thought she figured she wouldn't be talking under slurping down some sort of water. Or more coco, which she could faintly smell alongside the explosion of spices. This was about to be a great breakfast. Hopefully she wouldn't barf from scarfing it all down, and she'd have to remind herself to eat slowly.

Tossing her legs over the side of the bed, she stretched her toes and arms out with another loud yawn. A moment later, her fingers had grasped at the hem of her shirt to pull it up and over her head. She figured he likely had other clothes in the closet, and it would be rude to wear the same shirt that she slept in. Well, she didn't think it was rude, but he was Mr. Perfect. Walking over to the window slowly, she would just stare outward. She was purposefully keeping an arm over her chest, but she really doubted anyone could see her all the way at the top.

That, of course, didn't count for Shu just walking into her room unannounced. A loud yelp escaped from the demoness as she spun around, both hands rising to cover her chest as she just stared at him.

Oops.

Detective Zhao Shukun
"Woah!" He quickly turned his head, bringing his non-mocha holding hand up to shield his view. The was a moments pause as he saw her, maybe from just be stunned or maybe because what he saw actually got his attention. The way her panties were designed to help with allowing her tail freedom was definitely interesting, though even he couldn't lie to himself and say that's why he looked. "Closet. Shirts, you can literally wear anything of mine in there." He'd say, taking a moment to back up out of the room he'd just stupidly barged into. Fortunately for her, and likely unknown to her, the windows were totally reflective on the other side. He'd likely have to explain that one to her another time, though from the look she got she'd see the city blanketed in fresh white snow. It seems it got cold enough to change the rain overnight, leaving the city a rather pure spectacle to behold. The total opposite of what was going on in his penthouse.

Once out of the room, he'd just reach out and take the door knob and keep his eyes to the side. "Come out when you're ready, I'll be at the table. I'm not waiting to eat, so hurry up." His stern tone returned, though only because he was a bit flustered. Once done, the door would shut and he'd bring the coffee drink to the table and set it before a plate of prepared food. After which, he'd take a seat and give a shaky sigh. "What the hell." His confusion came out in a quiet curse, soon after taking his own latte to have a sip and calm his nerves. At this point he wasn't sure if it was unfortunately or not that he couldn't get something out of his head.

Lilith

Standing there in a stunned silence, Lilith could only helplessly feel her cheeks turn a dark shade of red. Maroon, even. With black blood, blushes still managed to show up on her already red skin. Unfortunate for her. Finally, she shook herself from the shock after he gave a rather firm request. If he wasn't flustered, she wasn't going to be flustered. Nope, it was just skin. She had covered herself, anyway! Hurrying over to the closet of clothes, she found herself in a slight predicament. Shukun was around 6'1, and Lilith was about 5'2. The only possible pair of pants she could fit on was a pair of sweatpants, and even those dragged on the floor. She would just have to make do, and hopefully convince him to let her slip out to get her own outfits. She was starting to smell like him, anyway.

The door finally creaked open in her room, and Lilith was soon sitting down at the table next to Shu. Her hair was braided down the back, her horns once again in full display. A cough sounded, and she kicked out a leg towards him. Fabric unrolled, revealing just how long the pants were on her. "I'm gonna need actual clothes."

Detective Zhao Shukun
By the time she'd finally joined him, which wasn't a long wait at all, he'd have already eaten one of his two eggs. Using a piece of toast to mop up some of the meat juice they were simmered in, he'd pause as her bare feet pattered along the hardwood floor of the hallway leading to the living and dining room area. Seeing what she was in, and how she had to hold up and fold what she wore just to not trip over herself, it was no surprise that the first thing she said once she was situated was that she wanted to get her own clothing. "Fair." He'd respond, soon after taking a big bite of the food covered toast.

"Am I going to have to bring you somewhere for that? Do you have a place you keep all your belongings that a cop and a celestial can show up? I have no intention on just letting you wonder off on your own, I won't sleep right if something happens to you because I let you loose. Demon or not." The way he phrased it definitely made it sound like she was more or less under his own house arrest, but at the same time it was because he was simply concerned for her well being. Not because she was in trouble. "If it's any easier, we can go somewhere quick and just get you some new clothing. There's a mall close by, and the Macy's always has sales this close to Christmas." The finance wasn't a concern to him, and naturally he wasn't even considering the fact that he was suggesting just rolling up to the Manhattan Mall with a Demon, a species that was definitely not a welcome customer.

Again, these are things he doesn't normally have to think about. Either way, he continued eating and expected her to do the same before they do anything. The food was well crafted, her two eggs in the sauce still sitting in the skillet so it kept hot. The yellows still slightly runny of the eggs, though the whites were fluffy and peppered, the reddish and orange chorizo staining the yolk in a greasy way. If she watched him eat, she'd see he cut up the egg and mixed it with the meat saturated sauce, only to then use a fork and pile it on the buttered toast to eat it that way. She was free to do whatever she wanted, hopefully she could handle the natural spice of the chrorizo sausage however.

1545115505328.png

Lilith

Letting her leg drop down onto the ground, she reached up with a free hand to scratch at the back of her neck. A soft sigh slipped free, before she scooped up her fork to poke at the eggs. She was definitely hungry, but her mind was still reeling from him walking in on her. Why was she so concerned, anyway? She literally danced for a living, nearly naked, in front of countless men. Shukun couldn't be any different. Yet...She was trying to hold herself up to some standard around him. He probably was thinking some dumb things about her right now, most likely hurting her image in his head. After letting out a defeated sigh, she shoveled an egg into her mouth to begin chewing. A bit dribbled over her chin, and she grabbed a napkin to wipe away the excessive yolk. Oh lordy, it was good. She had to resist every muscle to not scarf it all down, but her stomach couldn't handle eating that much at once. Instead, she stopped to speak to him.

"Aw, cute, you care about me. But uh, yeah, maybe you shouldn't go into the slums. It would suck if you got shot the second you walked out, y'know? But shopping, at a Macy's? Demons are kinda banned from there. I would love to go shop there, but it's too much work and I don't even have the cash to go around," she muttered softly, before poking up another piece of her egg to chew. This time around, she didn't stop eating. She only paused to chew and swallow, but it was clear he would have to come with the solution while she indulged herself.

Last edited:
Detective Zhao Shukun
fHIX8ch.jpg
"Mmm." A sound of understanding as she began to explain the situation and likely events that would happen if he were to actually go to the projects. Currently busy eating, he'd put his fork down only to pick up his drink and chew while listening. After she was done talking, and it was his turn to speak, he'd take a long sip from his late before setting it down and looking away from his meal and up to her. For some reason, without even his intent, he'd be smiling warmly to her. It wasn't clear yet, but he was suddenly happy seeing someone else enjoying his cooking. Shu didn't know how happy that would make him, or that it would even be something he'd recognize, but here he was smiling as Lilith barely managed to keep herself held back from just devouring what was before her.

"You misunderstand. For your help with the case, giving us our first lead in a while, I'm willing to pick you out about a week of clothing. Consider it an early Christmas present. Besides, no one will stop you if I'm by your side. If they try, I'll just make sure I have my badge on hand and claim it to be police business." It's as he threatened to flex his authority over the public his smile would turn to a slight grin as his golden eyes waited to catch her own. He knew she'd like the sound of that, as it was still rather mischievous to do so. The best part of it was that it could be true. Technically.

"Speaking of cost. I was thinking, last night. How much money do you typically make?" It would help him gauge how much he'd actually be willing to spend on clothing for her, not wanting to overdo it and actually slap her with more than she'd manage to bring home in a single month. Not that he had anything to worry about financially, he had a 'key to the city' for a case he worked years ago. That, and his heritage left him financially affluent beyond the end of his days. Now that it was her turn to speak again, he'd go back to eating.

Lilith

Taking notice of his warm smile, Lilith simply coughed and looked the other way, a slight blush forming over her cheeks. In her mind, he was smiling over the little incident five minutes ago, and she wasn't having it. She was starting to think Shukun was a bigger pervert then imagined. They would have to have a talk later. After getting over her small blush, Lilith paused in her eating to guzzle down the drink he made for her. It seems she wasn't a picky eater at all, and rather enjoyed most things given to her.

After wiping her mouth clean with a napkin, Lilith just cocked an eyebrow upward at him at his suggestion of using his position to weasel their way into a store. "Is that even allowed? I can't possibly imagine a goody-two shoes like you flexing his authority to get a demon some clothes from Macy's. Still, it might be funny to show off those dumb cashiers..." She paused to think, her tail visibly shifting behind her. She did get a kick at times out of scaring humans. She was probably the least intimating demon around, yet people still blanched at the sight of her.

At the question of her income, Lilith just looked down at her almost completed breakfast. A huff left the back of her throat, and she shrugged. "Depends on the month. Sometimes only two-hundred, but the last job was supposed to be three thousand. Crazy, right? That combined with my savings would of been enough for a month's rent in an apartment. It wouldn't be a luxury penthouse like this, but it's better than sleeping in the shelter."

Detective Zhao Shukun
master_in_suit_by_aenaluck_dc5ijni-pre (1).jpg
His eyes widened in surprise at the last figure. Three grand to dance for some rich asshole for his bachelor party? Needing a moment to contemplate that, he'd soon enough swallow what was in his mouth and let out a raspy "Wow." Before washing down his food by finishing his own coffee drink. "Damn, I'd dance for three grand too. I can see why this whole ordeal upset you. Well, other than there being a death and you almost being arrested for just being at the wrong place at the wrong time."

Maybe the comment was in pour taste, but she seemed to be handling the actual macabre situation from the other day pretty well. Most human women who aren't in the field are shaken from seeing a dead body fir days on end. Here Lilith was, however, scarfing down huavos rancheros like nobody's business. "Well. I hope you found your accommodations last night comfortable. That whole room feels entirely decorative since I never have guests." He'd admit, leaning back in his chair now that he was done, only to reach up and sweep some of his long locks back and over his ear to keep out of his face.

"Once you're done eating you can take another shower and we can head out shopping, by the way." He offered in passing. Now just watching her eat, likely encouragement to finish sooner than later and get out of his golden gaze.

Lilith

A snort left the back of her throat, and she raised a hand up and over her mouth to cover her grin. A moment later, she swallowed and lowered her hand. "I'd pay three grand to see you dance, too," she commented slyly, before clearly giggling and snickering to herself. It would be entertaining, but she also wasn't the type of woman to really watch those sorts of things. But she may just make an exception for an angelic cop. "And yeah, that's always kinda lingering at the back of my mind right now. But at the same time I'm not shivering out in the snow, I'm sitting at an expensive table chowing down on homemade and awesome food. For now, I don't have much to complain about."

After listening to him speak for a moment more, she stabbed the last piece of meat with her fork and raised it upward. Pointing it at him for a moment, she turned the utensil to her mouth and placed the food on her tongue. Chewing, she swallowed and spoke once again. "The bed was amazing to sleep on. Kinda felt new, but what do I know? I figured you would be quite the womanizer. You got the whole 'angry scarred cop with a soft side' thing going on. Plus you're ripped, and no one is gonna say that's a negative," she said rather casually. Talking about bodies never equaled any type of flirting for Lilith. She was being truthful about his figure, and he likely knew what shape he was in. After spearing another piece of egg onto her fork, she paused for a second.

"Do you have a guest bathroom too?"

Detective Zhao Shukun
"Of course I do. Door across from your room." He'd say as if it was a silly question, soon after giving a slight sigh. "I'm sure you know it takes a lot of time and effort to stay in good shape." He subtly complimented her figure as he explained his own. "Though no, I am not a womanizer. I don't have time for women in my life right now." An excuse for why he was such an introvert. Sure, occassionally he may meet someone who was appealing but he never made any advances.

"My current relationship status isn't a topic of conversation we're having, though. Nor my body, however good it may look." A scoff came out as he finished speaking, though he would still hold a light smile. Besides, he knew if they got on the subject if how they stay in the shapes they are in she'll make some depressing comment about how she can't really afford to eat well so she is more or less stuck with her figure. That, and dancing clearly did well for a lot of different muscle groups. Especially the butt, or so it seemed from what he saw.

Lilith

Standing up after the final bite of her food, she just casted another sly grin to him. As she began to walk by, her hand reached up to ruffle his silver hair. Seems she was treating him like the child now. After giving his hair a good few ruffles, she moved on her towards the bathroom. Her walk was more of a shuffle, to avoid tripping over the long legs of the pants. "You know, that sounds like a lame excuse for 'no one wants to bone me.' But I won't harp on you too bad for it, plus, you're right. You can't talk about a relationship status when you have none!" She called out as she vanished down the hall, and a moment later, the bathroom door was heard shutting. Now she likely thought he was a prude.

Standing in the bathroom, Lilith out a shaky sigh and tilted her head back. Yikes. Was he complimenting her more and more, or was her mind playing tricks on her? It had to be the latter. She was only staying here for a week, it wasn't too bad. Just take a shower, then go shopping. It'll be fun, new clothes! Not like you're totally turning your back on every other demon in the city by getting special privileges for doing squat-shit. Is this what trophy wives felt like? Shaking the horrible thought from her head, Lilith stripped down from the outfit she had hastily thrown on only twenty minutes ago. The water was turned on in the shower, and it was hot as it could be. Demons were naturally hesitant to heat, hence needing more to actually feel it. Once she had stepped under the steamy flow of water, her hair was soon slick and wet behind her. The products would have to do for now, but maybe she could bug Shu a bit more to buy some feminine products. Because this was probably the most pathetic display she had ever seen, and she was poor as fuck. Picking up the bottle of two-in-one, Lilith swallowed what little pride she had and massaged it into her scalp. God know what it was going to do her luscious locks. There wasn't even a bar of soap, save for the one next to the sink.

It's around ten minutes did Shu hear Lilith call out his name. She needed something more. "SHUUUU!"

Detective Zhao Shukun
Her hands in his hair elicited an annoyed groan before pulling his still slightly damp hair away from her and shooting an annoyed glare. Her little display of friendly affection didn't actually bother him, but it was still obnoxious that he now had to run his fingers through his hair again to put it all back in place. Her hands would actually feel slightly oily from the ruffling, the scent of teatree now on her fingers. Clearly he used product, or oils to keep everything silky and healthy.

That type of care and expense was not shown in the bathroom Lilith entered. There was limited options, and she even found herself having to remove a plastic seal on the combo bottle of hair product to even use it since it'd never been used yet. At least there was a clean and fresh towel put out for her, something he'd gotten ready for her this morning prior to getting breakfast taken care of.

Once Shu heard Lilith call out for him he'd be wearing a different winter coat than the one that desperately needed to be dropped off at the dry cleaners now. A similar fashion but not as long, instead just coming down to his waistline. By this point he was getting his concealed carry positioned under the coat itself, only to then look towards the bathroom. Letting out a sigh, knowing well he should have expected her to need something else, he'd soon approach and give the door a light knock. "I'm here. What do you need now?" He learned to not barge in, so he'd just wait on the other side and listen.

Lilith

The shower stopped for a moment so Lilith could properly talk, but she still poked her head out to glare at the door. As if he could see her anger. He was about to hear it, though, that's for sure. "Are you serious? The station shower was better than this! You put some awful one in two product here, and I don't even see a bar of soap. Don't you have any other nice products I could use?" She called out to him, a whine clear in her voice. She was adding it in on purpose, but her intent was clear. If he's going to be treating her like a guest, why not let her splurge herself a bit?

"I really like jasmine scented things. If you have anything, can you bring it in? The shower steamed up so you can't even see anything." There it was, the simple request. Deep down, she didn't need any of these fancy products. Yet being around Shu...She had some sort of standard to hold up to him. Or at least she felt that way. It was probably already going to be embarrassing enough for him to go walk around with her in public. Shouldn't she at least smell good while she does? Cheap perfume never got her far, anyway.

Detective Zhao Shukun
"Seriously?" He spoke the word, likely loud enough to hear though it was mainly to himself. The nerve of this girl. Rolling his eyes, he'd think for a moment before just knocking once more on the door. "Yeah, give me a second. I'll bring something in." With that he walked away from the guest bathroom only to search through his own.

After a couple minutes he'd enter into the guest bathroom, in doing so his eyes would stay down so he didn't risk seeing anything. "Alright, next time just use my bathroom I guess. I'm not going to keep having this go back and forth between the two." As he said this, he'd hold a couple things out to her.

One was a small bottle of lather, a liquid body wash that was a combination spring fragrance. The other bottles were for her hair, one being an after wash oil scrub meant to not be rinsed out. It was what kept his hair so sleek and together, and what gave him so much volume and shape. The other was an unscented wash, one that did a damn good job both cleaning and moisturizing. The main scent would be from the oil.

Once she took the bottles, he'd reach out and snag her towel from the towel rack. "Call for me when you're done." He'd say, all the while keeping his eyes averted as he moved to exit again.

Lilith

All that Shu likely saw was the blur of a red outline in the shower. She was correct in her statement that the glass had been nice and fogged up. By the time he entered the bathroom again, the water was once again running at full steam. If he was to stand under the torrent of water, his skin would of likely been burned by the intensity of it all. At least she was enjoying herself. A hum of agreement sounded from inside, before a single red arm reached out to pluck the items from him one by one. When he had no items left to offer, he was given a thumbs up before she vanished inside the shower once again. She was back to humming, which was his signal to leave the bathroom. She was too busy examining the new items, that she didn't even notice him snag her towel away.

Around twenty minutes later, the shower would finally cut off. Steam was leaking from the bottom of the doorway, hinting at how much may just roll out if she opened the door. Stepping out with a happy sigh, Lilith was looking and smelling great. Still humming an old song, she would squeeze out the excess water into the shower, before stepping out onto the mat. Each leg was shaken once or twice to get off extra water droplets, before she reached forward blindly to grab the towel.

Her fingers dragged through the air, grabbing at nothing. Opening her eyes to glare at the spot, which had a very nice towel on it when she walked in, Shu heard one thing from the bathroom.

"SHU."

Detective Zhao Shukun
At the sound of his own name he'd look up from his phone, currently standing in the kitchen after just cleaning up from breakfast. Thinking for a second, he'd realize that likely meant she was done. As well as aware of the fact she was without a towel.

"Is my guest a Demon or a Gremlin." He'd ask himself, moving down the hall to a closet near the entrance to his room. There, he would open the door where the stacked full sized washer and dryer were located. The dryer was currently on, tumbling high heat with the towel he stole spinning about. Canceling the cycle and pulling the fabric out, he'd move back to the bathroom only to give a light knock followed by opening the door.

Instead if entering, he'd simply hold the hot towel out while keeping his eyes down the hall. "Hurry up. I want to get going before people start heading to the mall. It's getting close to Christmas so it'll be busy soon." He'd encourage her to get ready with haste, already approaching ten in the morning. The mall of course would be packed by noon.

Lilith

The towel was snatched at once from his grasp, before her hand was moving to push his arm out of the doorway. A loud groan followed as Lilith wrapped the towel around herself, and the door was fully flung open. Steam poured out, and a glare was already sharp on her face. She didn't seem to mind being in a towel, considering it covered more than that dress she wore the previous night. "You could of mentioned you were going to take the towel when you brought me the products!" She complained, one hand moving to rest against her hip. The other snuggly held the towel up, and she simply growled as she stalked past him and towards the bedroom. "I can't decide if you're a pervert, or a total prude. Is there an in-between?" She questioned, but he wouldn't have time to exact reply as the door was shut behind her.

Once in the room, she dropped the towel off herself to wrap it up in her hair. More annoyed grumbles sounded, and she dipped into the closet. Opting to just go with a larger t-shirt to function as a dress today, it didn't take the demoness long to open up the door of the guest room again. She was wearing her heels again, but she was currently in a large black shirt that fell to her knees. Her hair was yoinked up into one bun on her head, proving just how many hairstyles she went through each day.

"Alright, there."

Detective Zhao Shukun
She shut the door just as he opened his mouth to respond to her, his lips soon closing thereafter. "Ugh." Shu groaned, not wasting his time outside the door and instead moving back to his room to get her something he figured she'd want.

It's by the time she exited he'd already be there, leaning against the opposite wall with his phone in hand. Looking from it to her, his eyes would fall to the shirt she wore only to reach out to offer her something in his right hand. "They're clean, at least. I imagine it's pretty drafty down there." He said with a slight smirk as he held out a pair of simple black boxer briefs. The waistband being elastic so even her cakey hips could fit into them. She could even put them on backwards and put her tail through the flap that was normally meant for something else!

Once he handed that over, he'd walk away with the smile still on his face. All the while sure that him calling her our for either wearing no panties or the same pair from the day before meant he was thinking about them. This kind of foresight proved that he couldn't possibly be as big a prude as she thinks. He was just subtle, is all.

Lilith

Her jaw visibly fell open as he offered her a pair of his own boxers to her, and she could only stand there and gape at him for a solid five seconds. Was he actually serious? Her eyes scanned over the pair, before her hand numbly reached up to take them. Would it be rude to just sniff them right now, to see if they were actually used? Then again, she didn't want to actually do that. Her jaw clenched together, and the door shut once again as she moved to slip them on backwards. They went over her panties, just as a precaution. Her tail was able to move through the slit in the boxers, but it was hardly comfortable. These weren't exactly made for tails.

When the door opened, Shu felt Lilith before he likely heard her. Reaching up, she firmly tugged on his earlobe with a slight growl. "And I thought I was an asshole. Don't even think for a second you're getting away with this, I will get you back. Now, you're also buying me hair products at the mall along with clothes for that. So I hope you have your credit card ready, angel boy."

Detective Zhao Shukun
"Ow owow-" Clearly not a fan of having his ears tugged, he'd actually end up bending sideways towards where she was tugging, though laughter soon sounded. This hopefully meant she was ready, because whether she was or not, they were leaving.

In the middle of saying 'boy' she'd likely squeal, using his lean to just bring his right arm down at which point it would move around her waist until his hand pressed to her stomach. With general ease, and a slight huff, Shu would pick Lilith up as if she were a log. Holding her under one arm, he'd march right over to the front door and take care to not bonk her against the wall or anything as he literally carried her out of the penthouse like that. Because of the shirt she wore, anyone behind would get an awfully cheeky view as he walked her down the hall to the elevator.

"First thing you have to learn is personal space, missy. Your clients may like you touching up on them but I haven't paid you a dime for anything." He'd tease, showing now thay two can play at her game, and he was big enough to not lose. Fortunately for her no one was in the hallway as he waited for the elevator to arrive.

Lilith

A squeal did sound from the demoness as she was scooped off her feet, likely as light as a feather to the man. Her hands reached forward to grasp at something, but she found nothing. Instead, one hand moved to the side to press against his stomach, while the other attempted to pry his fingers off her gut. Her tail twisted violently behind her, curling around the fabric of the shirt to dug it downward and hold it down. Hitting his stomach a few times with a flat palm, Lilith would wiggle in his arms. "Put me down, Shu! You've been the one walking in on me today, I just tugged on your ear!" She complained loudly, before kicking a slight kick with her feet. What else was she supposed to do? She couldn't even reach the ground.

"I don't even dance on them most of the time, that's only if they pay a ton. Not like I would be dancing on you, anyway. You can't possibly think of carrying me down the elevator like this, I'll actually kill you," she threatened lightly, her head angling upward to glare at him. From his angle, however, she looked practically harmless. That was the advantage of being nearly a foot taller than someone.

"Someone could also come down this hall, and I'm barely holding this stupid shirt down with my tail! I'm not out here flashing everyone on purpose!"

Detective Zhao Shukun
Making a point to flex his stomach, she'd quickly realize how futile it was hitting him there. Instead, he'd boom out with laughter just as the ding of the elevators arrival sounded. "Wow, death threat of an officer? I'm taking you to the squad car, miss." He teased, stepping inside the elevator without loosening his grip on her even a little.

"Besides. I walked in on you once, you were supposed to still be in bed. How was I supposed to know you walk around in the nude like that." He'd say with a shrug, a motion that came with getting her up tighter under his arm so that squirming was pointless. Anyone who saw him would just see an officer hauling away a demon, no questions asked, and he couldn't help but find that rather hysterical given the circumstances.

Instead of responding to her dancing question, he'd ask a question back. "So, you going to keep poking and pulling on me?" He'd ask once they got to the bottom, walking towards the car in the cold garage.

Lilith

Giving one last futile smack to his stomach, her head soon slumped forward along with her arms. Now she was just starting to look like a dead body, or a drunk at the least. "You could of, I don't know, knocked on my door instead of just barging in? Like a normal person with common knowledge does?" She snapped at him, before the pointed tip of her tail poked at his back. It had shifted to do so, but it moved back to yank the shirt down once again. Hopefully he wasn't expecting the sharp jab to his lower back. Her tail was normally sensitive, something he had yet to discover, but the very tip was hard and pointed. The smallest defense mechanism she could have.

"If you don't put me down, I'll make your world a living hell for the next week or so. I thought we agreed you won't be treating me like a child here!" As she spoke, she attempted to once again twist in his arms, one hand snapping to the side to grip at his thigh. Her nails dug in slightly, and she was starting to hope he'd drop her from the quick shock of pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back