• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Angels Among Demons

Characters
Here
Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
Now pulling out of the garage, and back into the pouring rain, a quiet hum left the lips of Shu. "Hmm... If I had to guess, maybe early to mid twenties?" He guessed a range, and not so much an exact number. He was in his mid forties, and looked damn good for it, but she looked like a kid compared to him. That, and who would hire an old stripper?

The route he'd take home would be pretty direct, but Shu would be open for conversation during the drive.

Lilith
Screen_Shot_2018-12-12_at_10.53.49_PM.png

She let out a slight snort as she leaned back into the seat, before flashing a large grin at him. It showed off her canines well, and if it was a cartoon, they would probably flash a speck of light. A finger raised into the air, before she flattened her hand out and pressed her palm against her chest. "While I'm flattered, I'm actually thirty five. Demons age well, yeah? Mostly because we live longer than humans, so I guess I feel twenty. What about you, Gramps? I know the hair is part of the angelic gimmick, but you're a mixed bag. Good body, so you would think thirties. But then you have hard lines on your face and a voice of a smoker, so it jumps up to fifty. I'm guessing forties, but I could be wrong." As she spoke, her legs were once more drawn up against her chest in the car. She hadn't bothered to buckle herself in, not really caring for the seatbelt. It was annoying and restricting on her.

After asking her question, she kept her gaze trained on Shu. She seemed to be thinking about something, but it was unclear just what was running through her head. Lilith was turning out to be a little bag of surprises, and it wouldn't be shocking to learn she had more tricks up her sleeves. Maybe she was a great cook, who knew? (However, that was unlikely, given she had no place to actually cook.)

"Do you have chocolate at your place?"

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
As surprised as he was by her age, he was not amused by her side comments involving his own age. Choosing to ignore her for the most part, it is at the question about chocolate that he'd draw the line. Not even to the apartment yet and she was asking for luxuries from him.

Up ahead a light was changing, now only a block from home. Instead of slowing down, he'd abruptly jostle the breaks. Not enough to send her crashing into the dashboard, but enough to almost make her slide off the seat and into the area in front of it since she was currently curled up on the heated seat. A friendly reminder that it was illegal to not wear your seatbelt.

Once that was done, the car would stop at the light and Shu would respond. "I don't have any chocolate but I do have some Hershey baking powder. I think I have everything needed to make brownies, actually." He'd think over his pantry for a moment before nodding in affirmation. He kept a well stocked home.

Lilith

Her eyes widened as he jostled the breaks, and she let out a rather loud 'Wah!' in an attempt to catch herself. Her arms shot forward to grip the dash, whilst her tail actually moved upward to wrap around the headrest. A moment later, and she was shooting a devilish glare at him. He had totally done that on purpose, there wasn't even anyone in front of them. Her tail would remain secure around the rest as she adjusted herself back into her fetal position on the chair. "You totally did that on purpose, asshole. It's only fair I get to guess at your age after you guessed mine!" Which, of course, was just ignoring the fact that she had lured him into guessing. "I'll just call you Gramps until you confirm your age to me, so whatever."

After a moment of silence, she rolled her head back and to the side to peer at him. "I haven't had brownies in years. One time someone offered me some with weed in them, but that's pretty gross. I want actual chocolate, not to get baked. Here, I'll even make them myself tomorrow. I may not be a great chef, but it's not hard to read instructors off the back of a box. Plus the house will smell so good..." She trailed off, already dreaming about the brownies. It was clear she loved chocolate, just by the dreamy tone her voice held.

"Anyway! You don't talk too much. You should tell me about yourself, yeah? Trade secrets and all that, it'll be fun."

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
Oh, was he learning fast that his patience might not be strong enough for her constant company. Not only did he invite her to stay with him, but he'd done so right before his weekend which meant they would soon get to know one another quite well. Giving a look to Lilith after her rambling ended, he'd quietly sigh before his right hand left the steering wheel.

"Well firstly-" He began, his arm reaching past her and just before her chest, soon grabbing the seat belt and pulling it down and across from her before it clicked in place. "I like to follow the law. I also like it when others do too, so no pot brownies. It's still federally illegal." Somehow... "As for everything else... It doesn't matter. New rule, stop talking so much and stop trying to pry." Instead of going into his life, as she wanted, it seems her poking fun actually got on his nerves. Both hands on the wheel again, and looking forward towards the road, the pensive detective would once again be driving ahead.

Not for long, however.

A large tower of apartments was up ahead, and soon enough he'd pull into a garage that went underneath the building. The gates opened automatically as a sensor in his car activated it, and as they drove in it was clear from the garage alone they entered a rather wealthy property. Every car there was as nice or nicer than his, and soon they pulled into a parking spot and the doors unlocked. Before getting out, Shu would just lean back into his chair and close his eyes. It almost looked as though he was having second thoughts, but at this point it was too late. Maybe he was just nervous to have a woman in his place?

Lilith

Her hands reached up in protest to stop the seatbelt, an almost panicked look crossing over her features. When she noticed he was simply clicking it into place, the look vanished just as fast as it had came. The movements he just did clearly upset her somehow, but it was uncertain how. Letting out a sharp exhale, she wiggled her hand under the belt to hold it off her chest. Glaring at him, she'd talk in a lower tone. "I just said I thought they were gross, I don't even smoke. Not like I can afford too, anyway. I hope you know you're gonna have to get over some shit with me, because half the stuff I do it just illegal because of my skin color. Surprise surprise, I've snuck into human only stores to get free samples cause I was starving, don't arrest me now," she scoffed out, the statement almost a joke. In reality, it was painfully true. Many stores were only open to humans, and the demon inclusive ones sold low quality food.

Letting out another sigh, Lilith actually seemed rather saddened by his second statement as she turned to stare out the window into the dark rain. "Whatever, I was trying to be nice. Considerate, or whatever. But I'll shut up for His Highness."

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
At her last sarcastic remark Shu would simply move to get out of the car, not even justifying her with a response. Maybe silence would be best for the both of them. He didn't plan on them becoming friends and he wasn't looking to get a room mate after all.

Once out of the car, he'd simply expect Lilith to keep up as he kept a slow pace on his way to the elevator. Pulling out a key fob, he'd scan it as a means to unlock the lift which arrived only a minute after. Stepping inside the heated elevator, the touchscreen panel before him would display Shukuns full name in spelling, as well as show #811. His apartment number.

Once the door closed, the lift would begin to accelerate and rise while a catchy jingle played quietly. Along with an automated female voice that began to say the weather and news. This made the quiet elevator ride note dead silent. "Tonights forecast shows more freezing rain, the storm will continue until about four in the morning where it will then turn to heavy snowfall. Careful of black ice come your morning commute! Currently trending on the news is a story about new York's finest, recently seen leaving a crime scene of yet another stabbing with a demonic woman as a suspect. It is-" By now Shu had reached out to hit the mute button, leaving the two to stand silently in a dead quiet elevator as they went up and up.

One of the downsides of living on the top floor, that being the hundred and twentieth, was the long wait to and from the actual apartment. The plus side was obvious, however. With a ding the elevator door would open and show a long view down a well maintained and carpeted hallway. Shu would actually not exit immediately, instead gesturing for her to step out first.

Lilith

Watching Shukun leave the car, Lilith turned her head to follow his exit. At least she was trying to be nice, and get on friendly terms with the dude. They were going to be living in the same home for a while, after all. Maybe he wasn't the 'nice' angel she thought he was, and that was more of an act to victims. She wasn't exactly a victim anymore, so now she was front row audience to how the man actually acted. Fun, fun, fun. Getting out of the car with a slight groan, she opted to just carry her heels in two fingers instead of shoving them back on her feet. All she wanted to do was lay down, and it was likely getting late. If she didn't have to work until the morning, Lilith actually attempted to sleep as early as possible. She was a rather tame person, besides her job.

Now standing in the elevator with Shu, she'd let out a sharp exhale. Bouncing back and forth on her feet, she attempted to warm them up from walking on the cold stone. She only stopped bouncing once it began to recall the news, in which a sour expression overtook her features. It wasn't the actual broadcast, but the realization of the situation she was in. Never in her life, would she ever be able to afford such technology like that. Even if she could afford an apartment like this, no one would accept her lease. The extra luxuries Shu had in his life were impossible for her and her kind, and it made her sick to the stomach. It almost felt like betrayal to all the other demons stuck in the cold. Here she was, getting the news delivered to her in a high-class elevator going to the highest possible floor in a fancy apartment. Her food was guaranteed to be high-quality just because of Shu, and her sleeping arrangements would always be cozy and warm for the next week or so. What the hell was she doing? Opening her mouth, she nearly blurted out how she should probably leave. That this was a bad idea, and that--

Ding.

The elevator opened up to reveal the long hallway, and the words died on her lips. Had they really already made it to the top? Silently, she began to walk down the plush apartment, traveling her gaze over any apartment doors they passed. If the residents saw her, would they scream at Shukun? Would they call the police on her, or harass them both equally?

Why the hell was she starting to feel guilty?

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
After a minute of walking, they'd finally reach where Shukun lived. Reaching out with the same fob as before, he'd scan it on a sensor just above the door handle only to sound the electronic whir of the lock. Pocketing the keys, and turning the handle, he'd soon step into a dark entryway; One hand holding the door open for her while the other reached out to flick on the lights. Upon doing so, she'd see they now stood just in the entryway that lead to the living room. One that before the lights came on was lit by the neon glow of the city below and around them.
1544919767634.png
Walking inside, the warm air of the apartment itself would be very inviting. "Another rule, don't mess with the thermostat." Shu would mention in an off handed remark as he entered his own home. It was definitely odd to watch him walk in, as he's done a thousand times before he made a straight line for the kitchen to the immediate left. The kitchen was in a similar style to the living room, the appliances all stainless steel and sleek - A modern look for the modern era. Taking a kettle that already sat on the stove, he'd bring it to the granit island between the kitchen and the living room only to use the sink there to fill it with water. After which, he'd put it back and turn on the stove and turn the flames up.

"You said chocolate, and I thought of something I could get ready while I show you to your room." He'd mutter, and while he didn't seem very amused and sounded genuinely annoyed he was also clearly showing signs of kindness and interest and making her feel welcome. If only she knew how to read him, or he didn't sound like an asshole all the time. Going to the fridge, he'd get a glass bottle of milk only to then pull out sauce pan and pour in a couple cups worth. Setting that too on the stove, he'd start another much lower flame before putting the milk away and giving a content huff. "Alright. So, follow me." His voice picked up some, almost as if simply being home and being closer to just relaxing was melting away some of the stony exterior of his.

"The door on the way end is my room, don't go there. To the right is the guest bathroom, you're free to use anything in there. I even have some feminine products in the cabinet just in case I ever have company over who needs it. Here, to the left-" Shu was walking down the hall and pointing things out, only to stop immediately next to the door on the far left, just across the door to the right which would be her bathroom during her stay. "-is where you'll be staying." It's as he finished speaking that he'd open the clearly real wood door. Inside would be a dimly lit room, the only light coming from the city skyline flooding in from the floor to ceiling windows. The rain quietly pattered against the sound-proof glass, and she'd see the well but simple furnished bedroom. A queen sized bed, dresser, walk in closet and some night stands. Basic, but due to the theme of the apartment being rustic and dark it looked rather fancy none the less.

Simply pausing at the doorway, he'd allow Lilith to enter before they continued talking. Surely she'd have some questions, or snarky comments to make about what she's seen thus far.

Last edited:
Lilith

The second they entered into the penthouse, Lilith was shocked into silence. Whatever she had been expecting, this was not it. She had seen fancy apartments on those oh so popular cop shows she loved, but this was beyond her expectations. The overall dark theme was something she appreciated, as she wasn't the biggest fan of flashy decorating. Still, beggars wouldn't be choosers. It took her several seconds to actually start walking into the home, only to follow Shu in a stunned silence. Her shoes were placed politely down next to the entrance, but that was the only action she made.

Instead of fully following him into the kitchen, she only poked her head into the entrance to gawk at the room. Even the glass bottle of milk looked expensive to her! Something so delicate compared to the normal plastic bottles everyone used, but it just added that much more to this surreal experience. The smell of milk was also something she hadn't experience in around twenty years. It was too expensive, and it normally went bad before she got more than one glass from it. Hence, she spent in money in more reasonable places. Lilith then soon found herself following Shu once again, down the hall and to her room. She made a mental note of where his bedroom was, as several devious thoughts crossed her mind. Still, she promised to be good. For a little bit, at least. He'll hopefully warm up to her...

Once he had opened the door to the guest room, and explained that's where she'll be staying, Lilith could only stare with large eyes. The bed was huge-- Bigger than anything she had ever slept on. Likely softer, too. A walk-in closet that wouldn't be filled, considering her lack of outfits. She didn't own many, and they were worn down from how often she cleaned them. The window was the most insane thing to her, however. The city was beautiful from above. One could ignore the injustices below if they just looked up. And here she was, above it all. Yet...

Standing there, no snarky remarks came from Lilith. Instead, Shu likely heard a small sniffle. Lilith had raised her hand to cover her mouth, and it was clear she was starting to tear up from the sight.

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
Standing in the doorway as she enters, Shu would simply watch as the approaches the full floor to ceiling glass window that has an expansive view of the city below. A view he loved, as for him it almost felt as if he were watching over it even when home.

It's when he heard her sniffling that he'd enter, but instead of walking over to her he'd move to the walk in closet. After a moment he'd exit with a blue shirt, one that read 'NYPD' on the front in bold white letters. Ironic, considering the next thing he was doing was approaching Lilith and reaching out to place his left hand on the small of her back once standing beside her. His right would offer the shirt, which considering the size difference between the two would be a dress for her.

"Hey, I know it's been a long day. Get changed out of what you're in and I'll start a load of laundry." He'd offer with a quiet tone, his gentle side showing yet again. For now he would just stand by her side beside the window, offering the shirt before heading to finish what he'd started when they arrived. If she did take it, he'd leave soon after to give her privacy.

Lilith

Her eyes barely followed Shu as he moved towards the closet, her brows furrowing for a second. Her left hand reached up to swipe under her eyes to catch any black tears, smearing them on her cheeks a bit. Were there actual clothes in that closet? Surely they wouldn't be female-oriented, unless Shukun was a secret womanizer. (Though, based on how he acted, she was severely doubting his woman charming skills.) When he approached with the shirt, her eyes shifted once again to focus on his face with a slightly surprised look. It's when she felt his hand rest against the small of her back, was she prompted to reach forward and take the large shirt from his hands.

"Y-Yeah, thanks..." She mumbled as she shook the shirt out several times, before stepping forward and away from him. He was already leaving the room, which meant she needed to slip her dress off. "Shu, wait. I just need you to unzip the back of this," she said, before turning her back to him once again. Her hands reached up to pull her long hair over one shoulder, revealing the long zipped that ran down her back.

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
With her now holding the shirt, it could be expected that he'd turned to leave. Though, soon pausing at her request to help her out of the dress she still wore. Giving pause as he wondered just how unprofessional it was for him to actually do such an action, he'd simply remember that this was a normal thing. It was hard to undo, right? It's very likely she had help putting it on, so there wasn't anything weird about this. Stepping back and behind her, his left hand would lift to hold the top trim of the neckline of the dress, keeping it taut while his right hand firmly clasped the zipper. In a quick, and fluid motion, he'd tug the zipper down and reveal unto himself the fair red skin of her center back; A view that even his eyes followed down all the way to her lower back.

Clearing his throat, and turning away, he'd turn to face the door as he made his exit. It's from his sudden movement and sound that she could guess he let his eyes travel, and even if there wasn't anything to see it would still be a bit rude of him to be so bold. "Alright. Once you're changed come out to the living room for a bit." He'd request, soon leaving the bedroom and closing the door behind himself. Once out and into the living room once again, he'd move back to the stove which had a pot of simmering milk and a kettle of boiling water. Turning both burners off, he'd then bring a couple mugs to the side of the stove only to fill each with the two different liquids. With the boiling water would go a tea bag, the scent of crisp mint immediately wafting from it. As for the mug of steaming hot whole milk, he'd take a few heavy tablespoons of cocoa powder and mix it well. The rich chocolaty drink soon wafting its warm Christmas scent throughout the apartment.

Now in the living room, both mugs would be set on the stone coffee table while he took a seat on the couch. With a book on the nightstand, he'd reach over and collect it before opening it up and continuing where he'd left off. All the while, the cup of tea would remain under his nose so he could breath in the fragrance. For now, he'd simply wait for Lilith to come out and get her treat. No plans for now, simply giving her a glass of hot chocolate the way his mom used to make it; the hot milk likely to help her sleep better.

Lilith

Once the zipper had been tugged down to her lower back, her tail visibly poked out from the fabric and waved in the air for a moment. She was careful to avoid touching Shukun, but a sigh of relief sounded once the tight zipper had been undone. The dress was basically a size too small for her, and she had to suck in her gut every time she put the damn thing on. Upon hearing Shu clear his throat, her head turned to the side so she could watch him with one eye. Of course she didn't care that he saw her back, considering it was just her back. Though...Shukun was also likely a prude. Pfft.

"You got it, hotshot," she mumbled out to him, waiting for the man to leave her room to let the dress drop down off of her. Sighing loudly in relief, she patted her own gut with a snicker. It was flat, but she purposefully pushed it outward for a moment. Probably not her most mature moment, but she didn't care. No one was watching, and it was funny. After a moment of stretching out any kinks in her back and arms, Lilith moved forward to flop face first into the soft bed. A happy groan left the back of her throat upon feeling the soft fabric, and she almost decided to sleep right then and there. Unfortunately, Shu had requested she come see him before she went to sleep. Rolling herself off the bed, she slipped off the one strapless bra she owned, dropping it down onto the floor. A moment later, the large t-shirt was slipped over her smaller frame. Indeed falling down to her knees, the dress left a lot to imagination. It was almost ironic for a stripper, but then again, it was only a job. In reality, she found these types of clothes the best to wear. Once the shirt was tugged on, Lilith took off the two hair ties she wore on her wrists. Her hair was then divided into two sections, before she wound them upward into buns on her head. She had heard teens call them 'space buns,' but she wore them way better than those brats. Giving each bun a light pat, she finally moved to the door.

It was about five minutes later than Shu heard LIlith walking towards him, and soon extra weight was plopped down on the couch. "So what did you make?"

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
During the time it took her to come out he'd already invested a majority of his attention in his book. Unaware of her adjusting happily to her new environment, he at least expected the accommodations were to her liking given it was definitely better than the bunk cots at many of the shelters. Just wait for her to discover the heated floors in the bathrooms... At feeling her weight beside him, instead of sitting at any of the other chairs, he'd lower his book and look to Lilith. She'd see his eyes dip, looking to her legs and where the trim of his shirt stopped on her thighs. "You're wearing something under that, yes?" He asked, looking back to Lilith before giving a slight grin. Honestly, he didn't mind if she was or not. The shirt was far long and thick enough to conceal everything, but for once he was poking fun at her. After all, he was comfortable at home with a cup of tea and book in hand. Who wouldn't be comfortable?

"Oh, I made you hot chocolate using that baking cocoa. It'll be a little sweet, I think I put too much. I used milk instead of water, so it will also be pretty thick and rich." He said, not going into that being how his mother used to make it for him. The only difference was she bought cans of fluff, the marshmallow spread. A nice tablespoon of that usually went in every cup, after all.

Lilith

At the sight of his eyes dipping down to her thighs, Lilith averted her own gaze to the side. She was absolutely used to people looking at her, but it was always different outside of work. Two different people, same body. That's how she liked to think of it, anyway. Dissociation is always the best way to handle your issues! It was when he grinned and asked his sly question, did Lilith realize he was actually attempting humor. Her eyes swerved back to him, a grin spreading across her cheeks. Oh, she even had dimples too. "Pfft, yeah. I took my bra off, but that doesn't matter as long as you aren't looking. I just have to deal with this shirt smelling like male angst and angels," she said, making a point to raise the collar up and sniff it. She then pretended to gag, grinning once again at him. Jokes came easy to Lilith. It was clear she preferred them in a conversation over awkward silences.

"And there's no such thing as 'too sweet.' I never got to use milk whenever I had hot coco as a kid, so hopefully it'll taste even better," she said, before leaning across him to grab the mug. Not even seeming to mind the heat of the cup, she was soon nestled back down into her corner of the couch. Her eyes drifted down the chocolatey liquid, inhaling the steam that arose from it. "Oh my god, I can already tell this is gonna be great. I've always thought about melting a chocolate bar, but it just wouldn't be the same as this, you know?" Without even waiting for an answer, she took a large sip. The mug was pulled away from her lips, revealing a stain of coco across her upper lip. A quick swipe of her tongue, and it was gone. Thinking for a moment, she let out a happy squeal and bounced her feet against the cushion like an excited child. "I love this so much, you don't even understand. Do you have more? I know I haven't finished, but this is so good," she said in a rapid manner, the last few words barely heard as she went to take another long sip of the drink. A happy groan followed, and she tilted her head back. "Dude, you could be a chef or something. Professional coco maker."

Clearly, she didn't have high expectations, but it was still probably nice to hear all that praise over some powered chocolate and milk.

"Also, do I need to get my outfits tomorrow? I like the shirt and all, but my tail is just cramped under the fabric, and I don't want to be kicked out for cutting a hole in all the clothes you give me."

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
The laughter that came from Shu was genuine, a quiet rumbling that shook both himself and the couch he sat on. "Wow, your mind is going to be blown when you have chorizo tomorrow morning." He teased while also mildly spoiling what he had in mind for when they got up tomorrow. Since he had the day off he didn't plan on doing anything other than sitting around home, making food, and maybe getting to know a little bit about Lilith. Oddly enough, he'd already been thinking of some questions to try and get a deeper understanding for demons and their general existence.

"Once you're done with the coco you should get to bed. You've had a long day, after all." The suggestion ended with a sip of his tea, after bringing the cup to rest upon his own lap as he brought the book back up to begin reading it again. Going Postal by Terry, a man who'd passed nearly fifteen years ago but left behind a legacy of incredible fiction. It seems that even though he was thinking up things to talk about with her, right now wasn't the time. Right now he wanted to relax, wind down, and head into his weekend the right way.

Lilith

Pressing her free hand down against the couch, she could feel the vibration of his laughter rumble through the fabric. Lord, that was a big man to do such a thing. Maybe it's because he seemed to move his entire body when he laughed, but still...Grinning back at him, she took another long sip from the coco and tilted her head back happily. An exhale left her lips as she spoke. "I don't even know what a chorizo is. Kinda sounds like chode, heh." There it was, dropping a subtle sex joke into the conversation. She couldn't help herself, she found those things hilarious when done correctly.

Snuggling herself in the corner of the couch once again, her knees were drawn up to her chest. A hum followed as she sipped the coco again, before her eyes shut. "Give me about five minutes to finish it, then you can enjoy your lovely plant water and that book. Actually, I may take some back to the room if you have more?" She asked, the hope obvious. If the girl could chug down some coco, she was going to chug down some coco. She didn't even need to eat. Well, she needed to eat, but she had priorities at the moment.

Detective Zhao Shukun
master_in_suit_by_aenaluck_dc5ijni-pre.jpg
With his lips drawing together, he'd simply look over his book towards her direction. It wasn't a glare, but it was clear her little joke wasn't as funny as she thought it was. At least, not to him. Settling back in a similar fashion as she had, he'd find the opposing corner only to lift his feet up and set them upon the granite coffee table directly before them. His woolen socks looked thick, and comfortable, likely something be brings out during the winter season only considering how often he found himself outdoors. Though, usually it was nice enough to snow and not be so wet outside.

Closing the book, and keeping his eyes on her, he'd shake his head no in response to her question. "I do have more, but you're good with just that cup. You can have another tomorrow." Almost like explaining the limitations to a child he'd explain this matter of factually to her. "That or you can use the espresso machine in the morning to make yourself a mocha." Of course he had his own coffee bar. A milk frother as well. If there was anything Shu considered himself it was a coffee and tea aficionado. The cup of simple mint was just a quick and easy night cap, trying to get ready for bed himself at the moment, or at least wind down. Something he was finding difficult with her around.

Lilith

"Oh, come on. I'm an adult, talk to me like one," she instructed to him rather firmly, raising an eyebrow over at him. She would tolerate his attitude for now, but she wasn't going to sit around and let him treat her like a child all the time. Reaching a leg forward, she would likely prod his side with her foot. "Stop acting so stoic, it's much more fun when you're laughing. If we both treat each other the same, no one's gonna be mad," she said, dropping her leg down across the couch after poking him a few times. Her head tilted to the side to rest against the couch, before her horns suddenly retreated in her head. Like that, they were gone from her body. Left with buns on her head and red skin, she was starting to look a little less demonic. But not a ton.

"Figured if I accidentally tore a hole in your expensive couch you would 'accidentally' tear a hole in my gut. Plus, now you get the satisfaction of looking at someone a little less demonic, isn't that great?" Her voice held a bit of a bitter resentment in it, clearly not over the little fiasco they had in the car. It's not surprising she had taken offense to the statement, most would. "But that's probably a matter for tomorrow when we're both well-rested and ready to rip out each other's throats about race and ideologies."

Detective Zhao Shukun
Watching her retreat her horns inside her body was definitely an interesting sight to behold. He had no skill of that nature, and he was pretty sure he didn't get anything other than his natural silver hair color from his own celestial lineage. At the poking of her foot he'd turn squirm ever so slightly, giving a slight frown which definitely went against what she was asking of him. Her comment had a little bit he wasn't terrible fond of, the bit involving how she'd be easier to look at now. Sure, the horns were a bit out of the norm, and a danger to his genuine leather furniture, but they didn't look ugly. "I've never once seen a demon and thought they were ugly just because they were red, had horns, or a tail." At this response of his he'd reach out after setting his book down only to bring his hand to her poking foot and actually poke it back, pressing a finger against the bottom in a tickling manner. She did say she wanted him to lighten up, pretty much.

"By that I mean you look like a good fit for your line of work. Which isn't and never will be solicitation." This came out as both confirmation that she indeed was not a prostitute and a mild threat that she should not do that. That, and it was actually a compliment to her physical appearance. He did find her rather attractive, even if unconventionally so. When it came to who his partner is, he definitely had high standards. Stuff like physically fit, relative intelligence, and of course a good credit score. There was nothing in his criteria that mentioned horns, or skin color.

Lilith
Screen_Shot_2018-12-17_at_10.08.53_PM.png

Keeping her eyebrows raised up at him poking back at her foot, Lilith would reach to the side to set her mug down. A moment later, her arms crossed. Her tail had snaked forward to rest against her lap, the plush leather tip stark against her red skin. Yawning a bit, she'd just tilt her head to the side and stare at him. Her cheek was resting against the back cushion of the couch, and there was a careful look in her gaze. She then began to chew barely on her lip, revealing the sharp canine once again. It seems she wasn't all too ticklish.

"So what's with the prejudice then? A lot is rooted in looks. People hate what's different, it already happened as a conflict between humans. Skin color is one thing, but horns and a tail are another. I always thought a major part of it was rooted in looks, since angels always have that human presence to them. Demons have something off, something not natural to humans. Yet here's an angelic saying that he doesn't find me ugly, and even a bit attractive. I guess religion is part of it, but..." She trailed off, slightly shrugging her shoulders. She never took her orange gaze off of him, as if just waiting for his reaction.

"And hey, you never know. I get hungry, and I want an actual home. Maybe selling my body won't be too bad. It's not like people respect it in the first place," she mumbled, reaching up to pat one of her buns. She clearly wanted to tug on her hair, but it was all neatly tied up. There was no way she also admit to Shu that she hadn't had sex, period. It didn't matter much to her, considering it was never her priority, but she deserved those sorts of things for special people. No one had been special, but she was growing desperate enough to ruin that one ideal for an extra week of food. "But it's whatever, by the time that comes around, we'll be on the opposite end of the spectrum again. It's how it works here."

Detective Zhao Shukun
A quiet sound of disagreement would sound, soon after he'd reach out to set the cup of half drunken tea on the end table beside the couch. "You're a guest in my home. If you think after this things will just go back to how it used to be, whatever that may mean to you, then I can say with certainty you don't know me at all. Which is fair, we've just meet one another tonight. I hope that after this is all over, you'll be able to call on me if you find yourself in times of trouble." A Beatles reference used at the end of his response to her disheartening speech. He was still a police officer at the end of the day, and she was still a citizen of New York; A city he swore to protect.

"I can tell you're a sweet girl. I don't say that as if you're a kid, I know you wan't me to be a little more respectful. You clearly see how things work, you notice that the prejudice goes away when you take other forms, I'm sure. I'd say it's a shame you can't use your ability to just get work and the normal life you want, but really it's a shame that this isn't possible for your kind. These issues are above me, though. My job is pretty easy, and while you think less of me or people in my line of work for 'being against demons' I want you to take a moment and remember sometimes people are like me. Just looking to help anyone, regardless of how many horns you have or the color of your skin. Protests get bigger every day, too." With this he'd hint that just maybe change was on the horizon, though due to the religious implications and the current rulership of angels in the higher seats of power it would definitely take a little longer.

Lilith
Screen_Shot_2018-12-17_at_10.08.53_PM.png

After listening to his small speech, Lilith was silent for a few minutes. Detective Shukun wasn't a bad man. She knew that much from their few hours spent together, but was his little talk about equality really enough to prove himself a 'good' person in her eyes? The thought never occurred to Lilith that she may be prejudice in her own ways, and why would it? In her eyes, she had been the only one affected by the unjust in the world. Her people were the ones suffering, not his. It wouldn't occur to her that maybe, just maybe, her refusal of help is part of a bigger scheme. Sure, a small alliance between one demon and one angelic wouldn't solve the world, but what was so bad about it? Why was she so damn scared to just trust him?

Standing up, Lilith soon moved to stand in front of the Detective the best she could. Leaning forward, one hand was raised towards his face. A second later, and she had pressed a 'boop' against his nose with a grin. "You're cute, Detective, I'll give you that. Maybe you aren't so bad in the end. I'll see tomorrow morning for whatever you wanted to make. Chodes? Sounds yummy," she spoke, keeping her finger pressed against his nose the entire time. When she finished speaking, she pulled her hand away and gave a small wave. With that, she was leaving the room and heading back towards the guest room.

Just what was her angle in the end?

Detective Zhao Shukun
He watched her the whole time, trying to see just how she'd react to the words he'd said. Of course in the end she was silent, not speaking up in protest or so much as agreeing with him. Instead, to his surprise, she was moving to stand before him; Soon after which her hand came forward and a finger pressed to his nose. "I-" His words were cut off, not exactly sure how to respond to these kinds of... Advances? She'd complimented him, calling him cute, though for some reason he had a feeling that was more in line with his words and the meaning behind them and not his actual physical appearance.

It was once she mispronounced chorizo, likely intentionally, that his brows would furrow up at her as he quietly listened. With her hand withdrawing, he'd silently exhale a sigh and watch her with his now concerned golden eyes as she turned to walk away. His eyes fixed on that tail of hers poking out from under the long shirt she wore, and for a moment, maybe even on her. His company for the next few days was dangerous, and it was just now that he was starting to realize exactly why. "Good night, Lilith. Knock if you need anything." He'd speak out to her just before she left, though once she was gone he'd simply moved to grab both his drink and book again before getting up and getting all the lights.

Making sure the door was locked, he'd retire to his room as well. He'd shower in the morning, for now he simply stripped down, drank his tea, and read for another hour before calling it a night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back