• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Angels Among Demons

Characters
Here
Lilith
Screen_Shot_2018-12-12_at_10.53.49_PM.png

Lilith was far too shocked to move out of the way of the slap, the sound seeming much louder in such a quiet room. The red around the area began to darken, border-lining on black as she stumbled backwards. Her arms raised up behind her to try and catch the wall, and she just stared in shock at the scene in front of her. With her cheek now swelling from the slap, her head was absolutely spinning. It felt worse than when her mother slapped her. At least when that happened, her mother wasn't wearing a glove. Winters had a leather glove, which just worsened the sting. She didn't even seem to notice the anger Shu was starting to show, her brows knitting together as thoughts pierced themselves into one bad idea. She was angry, she was very angry now. Furious, even. Who was this asshole to slap her across the face, to show her those disgusting images as if she did them?

Stepping forward, she spat on the ground. A moment later, her form began to shift. It was impossibly fast, and the red demoness was soon gone. Instead, another Winters stood there, though without the busted brow and vomit-slicked outfit. Crouching down in front of the real Winters, the voice that arose even matched his to the T. Seems there was something special about Lilith. Demons normally controlled fire, or some form of an offensive power. This, on the other hand, was mostly unheard of. It wasn't an illusion, it was clear to see that much.

"You want me to look like this, huh? No longer Red? My blood is just the same as yours now, but I'm not the one bleeding in a floor of vomit. Disgusting, isn't it? Being stuck in the bottom," she said in a low voice, perfectly mimicking Winters. Her eyes were barely widened, giving off an almost deranged look. Something had snapped in Lilith when he slapped her, when he had showed all those images.

Picking up one of the photos, she shoved it towards his face. "Why did you show me this? I didn't do it! Do you believe me now that I'm the same as you? I'm innocent now."

Detective Zhao Shukun
c42mmZ4.jpg

This turned into a shitshow real fast. Shu was still reeling over his own actions, just barely noticing Lilith as she recuperated only to walk over and shift. This stunned both the detectives, one of which looking up while laying back in the mess while still holding his swelling eye. The other, being Shu, simply watched as Lilith began to more or less scold the younger dick.

Knowing well this couldn't possibly be constructive to the case, and that this must be Liliths demonic power, he'd suddenly connect a few dots. If she could take different forms, why would she enter the apartment in her true shape if she was going to commit a murder? Wouldn't the true serial killer- "Y-you can change your shape?" Winters spoke the question out, groaning as he pulls himself to at least sit up. He didn't look scared, clearly still a determined man. Sure, he was shocked for a moment from everything, but he was still damn good. "Yeah, yeah I believe you now." It seems he'd connected the same dots as Shu at the same time.

Reaching down to offer a hand to Winters, Shu would help his coworker to his feet as they both showed a knowing look. "Go get some ice on that." Shu spoke to the man, who at this time was looking at his duplicate. "And some for her, too." Winters finally looked back to Shu with a look of annoyance, but also seeming rather defeated. Without another word, he'd walk out of the room. It wasn't likely he'd return with an ice pack, probably because he had to go clean a bunch of McDonald's off of himself.

It's now that Shu would let out his own sigh, this day already tiring him out well before she became a part of it. Looking to 'Winters' with a raised eyebrow, he'd simply let his gaze shift to the pictures on the table before starting to gather them up and put them back I the folder and out of view. Someone else could take care of the puke. For now he just started to collecting the photos quietly. It seemed her little magic trick changed everything...

Lilith

A sharp exhale left Lilith as Winters admitted defeat, tilting her head back. A moment later she was back to normal. The process was far too fast for anyone to see with the naked eye, but the most noticeable actions would be her rapid drop in height. Reaching up once again, Lilith rubbed at her sore cheek. What had she done? She knew she shouldn't of shifted, she knew what her mother said about it. Everyone found it repulsing. It wasn't a normal ability. It scared humans and demons alike, and would make her a target for angels even more than normal. Yet...

They didn't seem angry.

Lilith let out another shaky exhale, before she began to walk forward slowly, carefully to not step in her own vomit. She almost felt bad for doing that. Almost. Once she had made it back to the table, she slowly picked up the knocked over chair to sit down in. Her eyes avoided the images, instead focusing on the reflective window. Staring at the horned woman in the mirror, she just shrugged her shoulders barely. "Thought this was going to be easy and nice. Didn't know he was coming in," she spoke softly, her voice somewhat accusatory. Was she implying Shu sent Winters in to scare her one last time, to get some sort of confession that may be there?

Detective Zhao Shukun
c42mmZ4.jpg

A clicking sound of the folder tapping against the metal table would ring after her words, a lazy attempt to neaten up the pictures that filled it. "Nor did I." Back to being as stoic as ever, almost like a brooding old man as he quietly set the folder down and looked to Lilith once more. "Do you even understand what just happened?" He'd then ask, moving to take a seat across from her before bringing up his arms and resting them before himself. His hands soon came together, and he'd keep his dull golden gaze upon her own.

It seemed even after all that happened he'd still be questioning her. Though after what just occurred, there were different questions thay came to mind. Her ability was dangerous, one that he knew shouldn't be allowed. The city viewed Demons as criminals already, just what kind of mischief could a shapeshifter bring after all?

Lilith

Her gaze returned to meet his own, and a frown played at her lips. She had been fiddling with the coat, somehow managing to keep it completely clean during the little incident. Sighing slightly, she just leaned forward on the table and rested one elbow against the metal countertop. Her chin was soon nestled into her palm, and her pointed ears barely gave an annoyed flick. How could she possibly convince him her ability didn't matter, when he was already implying it mattered very much. Should she act unamused, as if the power was something limited or difficult to perform, or should she get angry at him for having Winters somehow slip in? The latter hardly seemed productive for either of them, and the two had established a somewhat shaky trust to get the case finished. Even if their species still hated each other in the end.

"It doesn't matter, I don't use it often. Believe it or not, I like being in my own skin. If you're referring to Winters, yes, I do know what just happened. I was assaulted for no reason, after he pushed at me and showed me those disgusting images. I don't feel sorry for barfing on him, so don't expect an apology." As she spoke, her leg began to bounce nervously. Her tail had unwrapped from around her waist, though it was still mostly tucked away under the coat. It slipped into view now and again, but it was mostly hidden. Hey, at least she didn't have wings. That would make everything even more difficult.

Though, that begged the question-- If she could shapeshift, couldn't she just grow wings? Maybe they wouldn't be functional, but that wasn't important.

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg

A hum left the back of Shu's throat as he thought over her words for a moment. "No. Not quite. Winters was given decent evidence that it couldn't have been you. That is why he backed down." He'd start to explain, unclasping his hands and moving them as he continued to talk. He was definitely one of the types of people who talked with his hands.

"If you can shapeshift, why wouldn't you do it when going to kill your victim? Why let there be people or cameras that can place you at the scene of the crime? Sure, if it was a one time thing we could chalk it up to novice work. No way would you get so sloppy as to walk in your own skin after moving on to your twelfth victim." As he explained this all to her he'd pause and reach into his pants pocket to pull out his cell phone. After a second of going through it, he'd pull up the coroner's notes.

"On top of that, you're left handed unlike the killer. I doubt that is a trait you can put into your shapeshifting, meaning you always have a tell to your disguise. Or so I assume." Setting the phone down, he'd look to Lilith again and offer a weak smile. "Is there anything you can think of to help this case? Anything you know about this man who hired you?" He asked, not knowing she didn't really know her clients like that. Other than the fact they didn't mind red skin, and seemed to enjoy a lot of it. Of course, he also didn't know an earlier victim had also been a client of hers that she obviously hasn't heard from in some time.

Lilith

As she listened to Shu speak, her fingers moved away from her chin to tie her hair back up into her signature ponytail. Since it was still wet, it lacked the normal volume from before. Instead, it was slick and straight, making her horns stand out just a bit more than normal. Reaching forward, she pressed her finger against the file. Sliding it forward to him, she spoke in a low tone. "You're telling me there's a serial killer in the city, and you haven't even informed anyone who could be in possible danger? What kind of system is that? I thought your job was to protect the public, and this is clearly becoming an issue if you're starting to assume strippers as the main suspects," she huffed out, before slowly crossing her legs. Her heel began to tap again, but it wasn't as loud as normal. Seems she had mostly calmed down, though her hands barely shook now and then as an aftermath of throwing up.

"I can hold stuff right-handed, I'm just no good at it. It's probably obvious, but I don't tend to shift a lot," she said a bit vaguely, before turning her attention over to the files once again. Her elbow was brought to rest against the table once more, and her hand reached upward to cradle her cheek and mouth as she spoke again. "He's just a client, like the rest of them. I tend to avoid knowing all I can about the dudes, they're normally all pigs. Hiring strippers before your wedding, how loyal is that? They always claim there's something exotic about demons, but they still hold the prejudice against them. It's like some sort of sick fetish, but I don't care. As long as they don't touch me, and as long as I get paid," she said with a firm tone, before shifting her eyes over the files. Her free hand reached forward, and she barely winced as she opened it back up. Sliding the photos aside, she finally paused on one of the victims. "I knew him. Well, he was a client too. Didn't die when I was there though, obviously. All these dudes kinda look the same. Snotty rich dudes with too much money and way too many inappropriate thoughts. Winters said something about being a barber to me, so I'm gonna guess this dude kills people with razors or something."

She stopped to look back over at Shu, raising an eyebrow upward. She hadn't even noticed the little speech she had gone on, instead only pausing to clear her throat again. "What did Winters mean when he said I was the only one in the elevator? There was another man in there, I waved bye to him once I got off and he said something back. Surely that would be on the camera?"

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
The plot thickens. His silver eyebrows furrowed while she spoke, listening intently. Likely the first time anyone had ever made it so obvious that they took what she was saying so seriously. And a part celestial, at that. Once she opened the file and commented she knew another one of the people in there he'd reach out and check the photo over. Hammelton, another wealthy man who was a project manager for a large construction company in the inner city.

Putting the photo down, and out of her view, he'd pick his phone up again and start clicking away. All the while, responding. "He called you the Barber because that is the running name we have for whoever is doing this. They use scissors of some kind and stab them, only to then close the blades and ensure the victim bleeds to death. It is one of the messiest serial killers we've seen in a long while." His scrolling on the phone continued. "We haven't gone public yet because there isn't a determined motive. So far the victims are all random. Different ages, genders, professions, color, and..." He'd make a connection.

Pausing, he would look up and to Lilith. Surprise on his expression for a moment, it looked like he just fit some pieces together. Two of her clients were in this list... Two known humans who associate with Demons in a positive way. Could that be the connection? "Lilith, you genius." He said, looking back to the phone before lifting it to his ear. After a moment, he'd speak. "Winters... No, no shut up. I'll get the ice myself, this is about the case. Call all the victims loved ones except for the last and Hammeltons. Ask if they know how the victim felt about Demons." A long pause as he listened to Winters. "No, you aren't getting it. We didn't see it because this hasn't ever been an M.O. Our killer might be targeting demon sympathizers."

After a short agreement, Shu would hang up before giving a sigh. They had something new to look into, that was a plus. "Hold on. I'll pull the camera footage." Immediately after the call he was already looking to start a download to his phone. "Okay. While we wait a minute for this, is it possible you can remember any features about this person who passed you in the elevator? The concierge said there was no one, so what will I be looking for?"

Lilith

Keeping an eyebrow raised at him, she couldn't help the small ego boost she got from being called a 'genius.' She hadn't obvious done much herself on connecting the dots, considering she didn't have any information on the killer besides the photos. Tapping her nail against the table, she only watched his facial features as he spoke to Winters on the phone. Maybe they were partners? Detectives had those, or at least she thought they did. Maybe they were even dating...A forbidden romance between two co-workers who hated each other, but secretly--

"Huh? Well, he was wearing a hood. I wasn't really paying attention to his face, but he had a pretty...weird voice. Kinda soft, light I guess?" She cleared her throat a bit, before speaking in an airy tone. "Like this." It was a perfect match to the man in the elevator, and it was the best she could do at the moment. She would have to spend time in front of a mirror figuring out the upper portion of his face if she wanted to shift, given she had only seen the lower half. After clearing her throat again, she would lean back in the chair with a slight hum. "He was feminine, I guess. At least vocally. He was already in the elevator when I got in, so maybe he lived there?"

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
It was actually incredibly helpful to have her replicate the voice. Shame she hadn't gotten a a full view of whoever she passed on the elevator. Maybe the footage would help?

"That's actually helpful. Assuming it was the person we are looking for and not another person who lives there. It is impossibly unlikely the killer lives in the same building, after all. These types of people hunt in familiar grounds using scenarios they are most comfortable in, but rarely ever risk doing it so close to their own nest." Immediately after speaking, his phone would vibrate to signal the download finished. "Oh, alright let's check this out."

Moving his phone to the side, he'd hold it in his right hand so they could both see the screen. First, we would see Lilith enter. Greeting the concierge who hesitantly agreed to buzz her up since he had been told to expect her by the person who lived there, she would soon step in the elevator and disappear. A few minutes later and the person who got in while she was getting out should be heading down. Her memory didn't fail her, as a couple minutes after she left the lobby the elevators could be seen opening after arriving to the lobby again. Yet... No one got out. The concierge even looked over, only to shrug and shut the elevator from where he sat.

Shu would keep watching the footage, not aware that was exactly when whoever she passed should have gotten out. As far as he knew, maybe it would take another trip?

Lilith

Leaning forward on the table to reach the phone, her finger soon pressed against the screen to pause the video. It was right after the elevator had opened and shut, and Lilith was visibly confused by the footage itself. Something was definitely wrong with this. The man had certainly gotten on the elevator, and he had spoken to her. In fact, she knew he had because she would be unable to mock his voice if he didn't. Lilith had to see people to copy them, she couldn't just create a new image randomly. After a moment, she tapped the screen a few times with her nails.

"He would of gotten off by then. It's the right amount of time for the elevator to come back down without pausing, and no one else is getting off. Is there not footage from inside of it? The elevator doesn't open by itself, either," she said in confusion, soon turning her gaze over to Shu. She was leaning over the table, her tail flicking in the air behind her. It was almost like an anxious cat.

"The dude can't be invisible...I don't think. I didn't smell any demonic presence in him, nor angelic. Maybe there's audio of the elevator?" She suggested, clearly worried about the whole ordeal. How does someone just vanish from an elevator?

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg

"Uh." As hesitant to believe her as he was, Shu was choosing to think she wouldn't lie to him now of all times. Instead, he'd pull the phone back to start going through any other logs or notes. As he went on, she would see his brows furrow tighter and tighter together until he just dropped his phone to the metal table and let out and annoyed groan. "The property only has a camera in main lobby to track guests." He spoke with a defeated tone before looking to Lilith.

"Any cars stand out as you entered? Killers who pick a flashy execution typically stand out in every day situations." A silly question considering she was in the nicer part of town at that time. Of course many of the cars there would seem nice, but none exceptionally so. At this point he was grasping at straws, about to be exactly where the station was with this case before she came in. Unless the motive is confirmed.

Lilith

Raising her eyebrow up at him, Lilith only tilted her head back to the side. Her body soon leaned back so she was properly sitting in the chair once again, and her legs crossed as she thought. "I don't have a car, so I didn't go near any parking garages. It's a rich neighborhood, so I guess all the cars kinda stood out to me as flashy. Don't they give tickets to whoever comes in and out of the deck? Maybe you can check the times," she offered, whilst her hand reached forward to grasp his phone.

Raising it up to her face, she began to watch the footage once again. Instead of focusing on the whole area, she peered at the elevator. Specifically, when it opened with no one on it. Surely there had to be some sign of the man there. "I can't make up voices or faces to copy. They all have to be someone I've seen or heard before, hence my ability to mimic this dude. If he wasn't real, or I was just tripping on something, I wouldn't be able to recall his voice. Which means he's real, at least. Doesn't look like the elevator stops on any other floors, so..." She trailed off, waving the phone back at him.

"Maybe he's part angelic or something."

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
Now leaning back in the chair he was in, Shu would simply watch as Lilith continued to go through the footage again and again. The thought crossed her mind that she could be playing him fir a fool, not guilty but saying whatever was necessary to get out if a bad situation. The office would want to register her, after all.

Once she made it through the video a couple more times he'd simply give a sigh. "It is possible that this person could be an angel or a demon. We've seen a broad variety of powers lately because of your kin arriving, and the celestial. It's also entirely possible the guy you bumped into got off at a different floor. Maybe went home, or to a neighbors. Who knows." With these speculations and countless others it was clear there was no right answer as of yet. They needed a full face to make any kind of press release.

It is then that the door to the interrogation room would open, and standing in the doorway would be a sweating Chief. A very nervous sweaty chief. Uh oh. "Did you walk out of the building in handcuffs, miss?" He spoke to Lilith, and not Shu. This got a confused look on his face, and he'd then look to Lilith to see if she knew what the chief was on about. She wasn't handcuffed when they left the apartment, so why would he come in and ask her that? Especially with clear worry on his face.

Lilith

Lilith had been nodding along to whatever Shu was saying, already trying to think of a list of abilities she had seen in her lifetime. It was almost ridiculous how many had popped up as of lately. People had studied what made demons and celestials so magical, but there was no definitive answer on why certain demons had certain powers. As far as it went, it didn't appear to be passed by genes. Sure, a mother and daughter could share a similar ability, but there was no way to pinpoint the exact reason why. Magic was beyond the minds of humans so far, and they didn't like it.

When the door opened, Lilith shut her mouth and stared at the Chief. She was fairly good at reading body language, and this man was obviously nervous as well. Worried, scared, whatever it may be. While she technically wasn't handcuffed completely, she had been attached to Shu at the wrist. "Detective Zhao had me handcuffed to him, so I wouldn't fall down the stairs in my heels and be unable to catch myself," she said, mostly saying the truth. Even if that wasn't the exact reason, it surely sounded reasonable. "Is that an issue? I wasn't resisting arrest anymore, and he just took me out the back way to calm me down."

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg

It's now Shu would turn halfway in his chair, his left arm staying on the table while his right raised to rest against the back of the chair; Regardless of his silver-grey hair he didn't physically seem so old. A strong frame rested under the white button up and simple blue tie he wore. When he wore the coat it was hard to notice how big he really is, the heavy fabric fit for winter truly hiding himself. Though stretching to look at the chief while in a still damp dress shirt? Hard to not notice. "Walked her out the building without an issue." Shu would offer after Lilith informed the chief of what occurred.

"Yeah?" He'd ask, now stepping in but keeping his forearm on the door to keep it open. "Winters talked to the press. Said we likely had the perp in custody, which I'm now hearing isn't the case?" As he explained this, Shu sighed out in annoyance well before the sentence came to an end, only to just shake his head in what looked to be disappointment. "Winters is going to have to explain to them that we are still working on the case." He'd respond, giving a half shrug. It wasn't his problem, after all.

"Yeah, that would be great, but there are photos of you leaving from some alleyway with a-" His tone paused, realizing he was still polite enough to not say Red. "-a Demon." The words came out as an awkward stutter, not used to a demon being a suspect so having to refer to them as such. "And they know it is about the linked stabbings this month. We need answers before Christmas, Shukun." He'd use Shu's full name, a link to what his name isn't when abbreviated which she knew it as. From what he was saying, the people wanted a culprit, and there were apparently images of Shu walking away with one in cuffs. Unfortunately, being a Demon walking from a crime scene with a renown detective of New Yorks finest wasn't going to be beneficial.

It took him a little bit to realize what that meant, admittedly - For a second, he wasn't thinking of Lilith as a Demon in a humans world. It's at this realization that he'd let out an "Oh." Only to look back to Lilith. Uh oh.

Lilith

Staring at the police chief, Lilith visibly shifted her ears back. Anger was starting to overcome her features once again, and she wondered if she would ever get the opportunity to beat Winters in the ass. Everything was basically his fault at this point, anyway. Raising a finger up, Lilith pointed at the Chief with a clear frown on her face. Shu could never talk back to him, but she had no issue disobeying authority.

"You're telling me, because one of your detectives fucked up and blabbed early before confirming someone as a suspect, you want me to actually become one? There's already an abundance of proof of why I'm not the fuckig serial killer, and I could probably back it up even more if I knew the time of the attacks. I work a damn lot. You go tell the press I've been cleared of the charges, cause I didn't fucking do it! Even Winters believes me, and he thinks I'm the wrong shade and blood type," Lilith snapped out to the Chief, turning to straddle the chair with both legs. Probably not the best idea in a dress.

"Tell the press I'm a witness, or I'm free of these stupid charges. Because I've had two detectives say they believe me, and I have no issue proving to everyone I'm innocent."

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
Shu gave another sigh as Lilith was done speaking, fortunately the table blocking how high her dress rose from his point of view. "No, you aren't seeing the whole picture. You don't wan't to be held. If you are seen and identified by the public... Well... You know how humans get towards your kind already." He'd began, trying to paint the picture of how a human will feel about a suspected criminal whom was also a demon just walking out of the station. "It doesn't help this case is so well known."

"We can accommodate you with a cell until an actual suspect is brought in, otherwise, you should probably think of a long term shape to take." The chief said, looking from Lilith to Shu. The two shared a look for a moment before Shu just pursed his lips and looked towards the wall as he thought. Either way, the chief now left the two with an odd situation. Lilith was more or left with two options. Stay in a cell, or risk showing her face to the outside world. An especially difficult task since she didn't have a place to just hide out in. In all likelihood she was already displayed on channel 5 news since this case was so popular. "You have no one who can take you in for about a week?" Shu finally asked while he thought about the whole situation.

Lilith

Lilith let out a frustrated groan, reaching up with both hands to scrub at her face. Despite just taking a shower, she had never felt more dirty before. Because of the stupid detective and his loud mouth, Lilith was now suffering at the hands of the media and just about everyone else. There was no way she was going to get all comfy in a cell for a few days, considering she wasn't even technically under arrest. No matter how 'comfy' they may try to make it, it's still a cell in the end. She wasn't about to have any of that. Lifting her legs up and over the back of the chair, she got herself comfortable once again with a groan. Her eyes rolled over to Shu, and she cocked an eyebrow upward at him.

"I'm not staying in a cell until you find the killer, considering the shit luck you've had. I also can't hold a form that long, I can do a day at most. I'm guessing you won't spare a security detail on a Red, and I don't have any place to stay. So I'm open to ideas!" She said in a mock cheery tone, but it was clear she wasn't pleased with this entire situation. Who would be?

Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
With a few moments of silence after Lilith finished speaking, Shu would eventually break his pursed lips while he thought only to let out a long defeated sigh. "I guess there isn't much a choice." He began, lifting both arms to his sides and offering a heavy shrug. "You can risk it out there on the streets, or you can come stay with me for a few days. I have a guest room you can use until we catch the actual culprit and the medias attention shifts to them." Shu suggested with a light tone, almost as if the concept of letting a demon stay with him wasn't actually a big deal.

"However." Before she could even so much respond to his offer, he'd lower his hands to the table and bring a sudden sharp gaze to her own. "There will be some ground rules if you chose the ladder." Back to sounding as stern as ever, wanting to make it clear that this was far from official and whatever he said was law if she chose to accept such an offer.

In the back of his head he couldn't help but think... What would everyone think when they found out he'd even so much as offered this, let alone if it actually happens?

Lilith

Lilith now rose both her eyebrows up at Shu, surprise clear on her face. Here he was, the only detective in the station with angelic blood, offering her a place to stay instead of facing the wrath of the streets. It had be somewhat unprofessional, right? She wasn't a suspect anymore, however, so it was simply Shukun offering a place to stay instead of a detective offering a criminal a hideout. Not to mention Shu smelled and looked filthy rich, which meant good food, hot water, and a comfy place to sleep. Those were absolute luxuries to Lilith, and she wasn't about to pass them up. Leaning forward in her seat, she offered a dainty hand for Shu to shake.

"You got yourself a deal. And trust me, I'm a great houseguest. I don't want to act up when the dude I'm staying with has the authority to arrest me," she added a wink at the end, keeping her hand extended to him. "Plus, I'm great at cleaning, you won't even know I'm there."

Oh, he's gonna know.

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
Looking to her hand while she spoke, a realization crossed his mind. This was the first time a Demon has ever offered such a gesture to him, and maybe the first in the fifteen years they've been here on earth that an angelic being has been offered a demons hand. Raising an eyebrow and looking to her, he'd just reach out and take her much smaller hand in his enveloping grasp. "Good. Other than keeping tidy, you need to keep quiet and stay inside until either I kick you out or this case is solved. We clear?" He asked, his rules seeming rather simple. It also appeared he had no intention on letting her hand go until she agreed to his terms.

Lilith

Rolling her eyes at him, she began to shake his large hand in her own. Hers nearly vanished under his grasp, but she still held his grip with her own firm one. If there's one thing Lilith knows well, it's how to give a good handshake. Even if she was making a dumb face at him at the moment. "Alright, alright. No raves or parties at your place, I get it. You know, I'm pretty relaxed when I'm not being assaulted by detectives or arrested for crimes I didn't commit. You know, the usual," she said, giving his hand a slight shake. It was an indication he should probably let go now.

"Now, can we leave? I kinda wanna take another shower, and go to sleep."

Detective Zhao Shukun
Ttbzh2O_d.jpg
Releasing her hand from his own, he'd actually waste no time in putting his hands on the table and pushing himself up to his feet. "Very well." An affirmation to her request, mainly because he wanted to be home over an hour ago, but here he is. Now to his feet, he'd simply walk over to the door exiting and open it. Stepping into the hall, his hand would stay on the door to keep it open for her to exit. "C'mon." Even if she was on her way, he'd almost seem to rush her to hurry along.

Once out of the interrogation room, he'd give no attention to any of his peers. Walking through the bullpen, he'd head straight for the elevator and step inside with Lilith. Hitting G, they'd soon be on the fast track back to the garage and back to his car. One that had already cooled down do to how long they took inside, and because of the frigid air outside and even in this cement garage. Shivering once in the car, mainly because Lilith still had his coat that now had to be dry cleaned thanks to her getting sick, he'd start turning on all the heaters and fire the car up.

As they made their exit, however, Shu would strike up a conversation. "I'm just going to assume a young girl like you doesn't know the slightest about how to drive." He'd ask, both because he wasn't actually sure of the age of the stripper demon and also because he knew such luxuries were damn near impossible for the second class citizens that were Demons.

Last edited:
Lilith

Lilith had to take large strides to keep up with Shu, who seemed desperate to escape the station. She didn't exactly blame him, given how much she wanted to leave too. Walking through the bullpen, she only glanced over at the men with a frown on her face. No longer was she a suspect, and suddenly, she felt a lot more confident around Shu. Him punching Winters had assured her she had someone on her side. Though, she wouldn't mind punching someone herself. It could feel great.

Hurrying after him, a loud huff left Lilith as they moved through the parking garage. Puffs of air formed in front of her mouth, and it almost seemed to distract her for a moment. She could only imagine how cold it would be if Shu hadn't offered her his coat. So nice and warm...She'd wash it for him later. Once they were seated in the chair, her heels were promptly kicked off with a happy sigh. It's his question about driving that got her attention. "Wait, how old do you think I am?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back