• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Angels Among Demons

Characters
Here
Lilith
Screen_Shot_2018-12-17_at_10.08.53_PM.png

"Ugh, you're no fun. I wanted a steamer, those things are so cool!" She whined a bit as they were checked out, barely glancing over to the worker as she bagged the clothes. Her lips screwed to one side, and she simply watched her with a curious expression. Lilith couldn't possibly be that scary to shock someone in silence, but she also wasn't going to engage in conversation with the lady. If she moved too quickly, the cashier would probably mace her three times a row. Letting out a defeated sigh, she just turned back to Shu and pouted at him. "It would of smelled amazing, just so you know. I bet you could put some tea scents in them, too."

Once he began to motion them away from the cashier, Lilith couldn't help but give a small wave to the woman working. It was simply in her nature to be kind-- Even if others weren't so kind to her to begin with. It didn't matter in the end, though. They would likely never see each other again, and Lilith would just be a story told to her family when she gets home. 'There was a demon at my job today! She was even with an angelic! Who would of thought?'

Letting out a sigh as they walked through the mall, Lilith tilted her head back to peer at all the stores they passed. A particular poster caught her attention, and she slowed down to stare at it with a frown on her face. It was the model with the little devil horns, and Lilith kept her arms crossed as she stared up at the perfect model. "That's so dumb. They want to advertise demonic related items, or at least try to look like us, but they won't even allow us into their store? This woman hardly looks like a demon, anyway! No tail, just stupid little horns on her head, and a red set. I would like way better in that than any of these pasty ladies, you know. Can we go into any store with your badge?" She asked suddenly, turning a bit to look at him. There was a mischievous glint in her eyes, her tail swishing to the side and back slowly behind her.

Of course Lilith had a plan already. When did she not?

Detective Zhao Shukun
master_in_suit_by_aenaluck_dc5ijni-pre.jpg
When Lilith slowed down, he'd actually kept walking for a second before he fully caught on, turning to look back at her only to advert his gaze to where her own was. Looking at the poster before she began to speak was confusing, for him he was seeing a trope of human kind for centuries. The devilish nature was just something that could be made to be sexy, and due to the current situation on how real it actually was there were definitely conflicting interests. It's as he looked to the poster, and listened to Lilith speak, he wondered just what the message could be in this advertisement, and if it was solely just advertising their 'Sinisterly Red Collection'.

"I guess it kind of makes sense that you view this as cultural appropriation." He said firstly, not really answering her last question about where his badge can and can't get them. "Could be some kind of campaign stunt to make Demons a little more appealing. Maybe it's just for marketing, though, so who knows." Shu's internal thoughts, which seemed to never end, came out for her to hear. Maybe he was wise, or maybe just nosey. Either way, it's then that he'd look away from the poster and to Lilith. "Oh, and yes it can. Though no, it will not."

His left hand that still held a bag rose to point at Lush, a warm smile growing on his face again. Almost as if telling her to 'get her ass in there and don't even think about it.'

Lilith

Rolling her eyes, she motioned with one hand up at the poster with a loud 'pssh.' "Yeah, totally a campaign to make them more appealing. Just without, you know, letting them into the stores normally. What's with these companies trying to jump on the equality train without actually doing anything useful?" She muttered out the last part, before giving her tail a firm flick to the side and back. Stepping forward, she just looked over at Shu and cocked an eyebrow upward.

"Well, you said I should only get things I need. I need more undergarments, considering you thought it was appropriate to hand me a pair of your boxers. Are you scared to go into a woman's bra and panties store?" She teased lightly, taking another step towards the shop. Already, she could catch a whiff of the mixing perfumes instead, all of them a sickly sweet scent that threatened to give her a straight headache already. Still, she was committed to going in now, and getting that one specific set was the goal.

"Either you come flash that badge to them, or I go in there and make a scene. Your choice, Detective."

Detective Zhao Shukun
master_in_suit_by_aenaluck_dc5ijni-pre (1).jpg
He'd give a flat look her way as she used his own words against him, twisting them into an excuse to go get some expensive lingerie. Likely stuff she'll just end up using for work, and that wasn't something he wanted to facilitate.

However, she appeared to be going in with or without him, and unless he wanted to break up some big hubbub he hadn't much of a choice but to go in with her. "You're a real brat, you know." He muttered once he was close behind, soon entering the open archway into the dimly lit store that sported many posters and pictures of scantily clad women, as well as very anatomically correct mannequins.

"This isn't the kind of story I ever enter." Shu would say, almost as if defending his hesitation for going in hers to begin with. Why would he? He doesn't even have anyone to buy things for from in here. Their sport section had leggings, Victoria secret was all sporting the 'Very Sexy' and 'Sinisterly Red' collections, and then Pink was just the standard girl pajama or daywear. Literally nothing for him.

"Make it quick, please. These aren't the kind of looks I want." It was clear he was nervous, though not from embarrassment. Instead because of the stores patrons that stared at the two in disbelief, some with their mouths agape or bad mouthing the duo to a friend.

Lilith

"Not my fault I'm smart enough to use your own words against you," she openly admitted to him as she strolled into the store, shooting a sharp glare to any of the younger women staring at them. Her tail gave an annoyed flick, but Lilith was already making a bee-line over to one of the many displays. Looking over the mannequins and their lingerie, she tapped a finger to her chin. "I would ask you which one you like, but you'd probably start blushing like crazy. Even though it's just clothes. You can still hold them for me, though," she said with a coo in her tone, before pulling out one of the drawers. Inside, there were many black, red, and even lilac colored underwear. Lilith was looking for one pair in particular, and it was clear by the grin on her face that she had found them. Pulling up a black pair, the back had a small section around the waist cut out. Meant to be 'sexy,' it hardly worked in that way. It looked more or less akin to a rip, but it was perfectly for a demon to slide a tail in. It was probably part of their 'demon' gimmick going around, but she didn't care. It was something that would work for her, and she was already handing Shu three pairs. Which made them cheaper, given the current sale running.

"Look, I'm not actually going for anything ridiculous. Truth of the matter is, I do need new undergarments. Mine rip after I tear holes in them for my tail, but these work perfectly. I'm just going to get one bra, alright? Maybe two if it's cheaper that way with the sale going on. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not looking for any sexy night-work outfits," she said with a wink, before laughing to herself. Her whole little plan was a sham, one to tease Shu. It looked like it may of just worked, too. He should of expected this by now!

Turning away from him, Lilith then made her way over to the bra displays. Any shady glances tossed at her were met with a steely gaze, the woman under-wavering in her quest for a complete outfit. None of these women understood-- They never had to struggle for something that's an essential. These were all luxuries to them, so they could screw off for a bit. Reaching forward with a hesitant hand, Lilith decided to grab a dark red bra. It wasn't 'skin' colored in the typical sense, but it would work perfectly for the girl. Looking over it, she just held it out for Shu to look at. "Look, it's only 23 dollars. On sale, I could buy this one around. I have enough for it."

Detective Zhao Shukun
Following Lilith once inside, even he found his eyes wandering around from flashy color to lacy undergarment. They were definitely captivating, and it wasn't a surprise that like many men he liked it when a woman wrapped up nice like some kind of present. Arguably this kind of wrapping was much more fun to take apart...

"Har har." He faked a laugh as she tried to tease, watching her as she opened a drawer to start sifting through her options he'd actually walk to the opposite side of the display from her. It's there that he'd reach out and actually fight back against her. A pair of sheer, near see through floral lace panties in a pure white coloring was soon lifted, dangling the thin cloth on one finger before snagging it up completely. Followed by simple thong, a black pair with a thin mesh front that appeared to have a little opening in the front bottom - For whatever reason. Lastly, a strappy lace string bikini style pair of panties with a soft blue and white checkered pattern on the front. Once these three were put aside, now meeting the criteria for the advertised special, he'd simply hold them in his hand with no intention of showing them until they went to the cashier to pay.

He'd let her think she had him embarrassed to be in there.

"I know women wear the same bra a few times, some as much as some people wear jeans, but it's not sanitary. Pick out a couple. Maybe one of these-" He'd suggest, using a balled up hand that was hiding the panties he'd picked out to gesture towards a section of push up bras. Of course the model that was being used to display those looked good. The bra was essentially cheating the eye and just making the package look all the more appealing to the male gaze, after all. "Though after this, and a few things at Lush, we're done shopping." He'd mutter, even he realized his spending limit was definitely approaching.

Lilith

"It's so sanitary, you're just a clean freak," she chimed to him as she turned back to the display, giving her tail a sharp flick as she looked over the push-ups. Rolling her eyes, she motioned back to him with free hand. "Seriously? These things are so uncomfortable if you're already big in the chest-- I'm not saying I am, but I just want something I can wear casually. If you want a push-up for yourself, I'm sure you can fit one on. I, however, hate the feeling of those, hence I'm going to get normal bras," she said to him, her tone almost growing serious. This was an important subject! Men just don't understand...

Picking up a black bra, along with another red one, she just turned and gave him another loud huff. She was making a point to buy the opposite of what he was suggesting at this point, gripping the bras in one hand and her underwear in the other. Her left hand dropped to rest against her hip, which was jutted out to one side. "This is all I want. We can go to Lush now, whatever that is. Are you happy, Mr. Detective?" She dolled out, walking over to nudge his side with her other elbow. A grin was slowly forming on her lips again, despite the obvious stares the pair was getting.

Detective Zhao Shukun
"I'm a bad liar, so I can't tell you I am, no." Shu responded with a smile and a sigh, following alongside Lilith after she nudged him and made her approach to the checkout line. The store had more or less emptied since they came in, clearly a smaller shop like this, while a massive chain still, didn't get great business when a Demon was inside. Some people even walked in, saw Lilith, and immediately left the store. Many also just watched, peaking over displays and around corners as if expecting something to happen - The common folk looking for their fix to vicariously feed off the tragedy they expect.

Once at the checkout, they'd be meet by an incredibly bubbly looking man, his skin a dark brown with the sides of his head shaved but fluffy curls at the top of his head. Beaming a smile to the two, he'd actually speak out loudly and clearly. "Hey you two~ Hope you found everything okay." Likely to both of their surprise, this man spoke to them just as he would anyone who came up to his lane. It was from this attitude that his co-worker in the next lane was just staring in disbelief at the man she worked with. "Ooo, love that. Love it, you put the poster girl to shame girl. Slayin' with the real horns, you go." He began to go on, his voice rather feminine but his energy was unbeatable. Even Shu started to laugh, thoroughly enjoying the presence. Now scanning through the 'Sinisterly Red' panties that Lilith had come in for, and what he'd just complimented on, it's now that Shu would reach out and put what he had on the counter.

Somewhere in the mix he'd grabbed some items. The three panties, each of which held up to see clearly before being scanned and bagged in the paper bag with the pink ribbon handles. Along with that was a kimono, one that he'd stashed away in one of the other bags. Something she could walk around in, or be lazy in, while looking to be made of a thin fabric that seemed rather soft. Lastly, pulled apart from the kimono was a satin looking slip - another part of the stores sleep wear selection. In his mind she could wear this instead of going through his t-shirts.

As all these items began to be scanned, he'd simply look to Lilith. His phone already ready so the moment the transaction was ready it would be paid for and they could head next door. It was his turn to make fun of her, and prove that her little comment about his embarrassment would fall flat. Little did he know that his pride just lead to him buying her more nice things.

Lilith

"Oh, cheer up, you old fart. I was quick, so now we don't have to stay in the dreadful lingerie store anymore." Letting out a small giggle, her canine tooth lightly tugged at the skin of her lip. Normally, she covered her mouth when she let out a soft laugh, but both hands were currently occupied. When they approached the counter, she was pleasantly surprised by the nature of the employee. She didn't know what she was expecting, but this surely wasn't it. Still, his attitude was welcomed, and Lilith's grin only grew wider and wider, until the dimples were clear on her cheeks once again. "Ah, really? That was the goal--" She began, before noticing Shu's movements. He was placing several items down, items she did not grab. Staring at them with a frozen expression, she could only assume the bundles of threads he was passing over were supposed to be panties. Surely those wouldn't fit on him...

"No way, I'm not wearing those. The slip and shawl thing are cute, but those panties aren't even functional! I'm starting to think there's something wack going on in your head, dude." As she spoke, her arm reached up to tug on his earlobe once again. The movement was clear the moment she raised her hand up. Seems she had picked her way of scolding him.

However, Shu was still likely winning in this. Her cheeks were starting to grow a dark shade, the color threatening to spill towards her pointed ears. Why was she so embarrassed? Didn't she wear these clothes normally for her job?

Detective Zhao Shukun
When her fingers found his ear he'd start laughing quietly through gritted teeth, quickly after muttering 'ow' several times. "Hey, hey. You said you wanted to ask me what I thought could look nice. Challenged me to pick them out, even, so there they are~" He spoke with a playful voice, and while her hand still held his ear there was a definitive beep from the purchase going through - He'd just used his phone, and the rest was history.

"Aw, you two are so cute. Don't have too much fun~" The employee spoke about as playfully as Shu did, clearly getting the wrong interpretation from their messing around. If Lilith spent less time getting on his case she may have been able to stop the guy from tagging and bagging the belongings that were now slid across the counter and taken in Shu's hand. Putting that bag in one of the others, he'd set a bag down to have a free hand to try and pry her hand away from his ear. "Hey, if you don't want them I can donate them somewhere." He'd say, ushering her out of the store before she snaps back at the clerk who just read the situation wrong. He on the other hand would make no effort in correcting him, in the end he took it as a compliment.

Lilith

"Yeah, I asked what you thought! That means you tell the person before just buying it!" She exclaimed as she tugged on his ear again, the blush growing a bit deeper this time around. "And I don't recall asking you to pick--"

Beep.

Turning to the check-out with a horrified look, Lilith could only blush as she stared at the completed transaction. They were just clothes, there was no way he could ever make her wear them. She would totally beat the snot out of him before he even got near her, because she was that much-- "Oh, no, no, no," she began, trying to correct the clerk who just assumed some devious thoughts. Her hand instantly dropped from his ear the moment he went to pry it away, raising the other one up to make her point clear. However, Shu was already tugged her away, and all she could do was give her tail an irritated flick to the side and back. By the time they left the store, the brighter lighting of the mall revealed the blush she wore in full volume.

"You didn't even try to correct him! Now he probably thinks we're fuck buddies, or something gross like that!" She exclaimed up to him, genuine worry on her face. She already had a terrible public image just on her appearance alone. Was it any better to be seen with an angelic-- And to assume she was up to no good with him?

Detective Zhao Shukun
"Really?" He asked, almost sounding confused - Albeit a fake tone. "Seems to me he just thought we were dating. I know you, a Demon, surely can't tolerate the idea of being with an angel." As Shu said these words, his warm tone had returned. A sign that he was showing her exactly what she heard from others, about how that prejudice just could be both ways.

Rounding the corner immediately after exiting, he'd look to Lilith in the new light as they more or less just pivot into Lush. He was able to read people well, that being his 'ability' more or less. The ability to deduce a scenario or setting by simply looking over it, and as he looked over Lilith he could clearly see that painted on her face was a look of embarrassment. "Huh, you're blushing like crazy. Wasn't that supposed to be me?" While he wasn't physical with her, as she was him, his means of taunting and poking her were definitely still calculated. He wasn't the kind to forget what others told him, especially when she's the one who assumed he'd be the one turning red of the face. For her, however, it was just a different shade of red.

With Lush now just before them, he'd come to a stop and actually wait for her to compose herself before enter. He planned on picking up some lather, as well as some bath salts. Maybe get a cut of soap from the block, otherwise he just planned on letting her pick out some bath bombs and product for cleaning herself. She always made comments on scent, so he assumed she had a stronger one than he did. Hopefully she'd be able to sniff out what she wanted.

Lilith

Lilith simply grumbled in reply, crossing her arms as she attempted a glare up at him. "Like any angel would date a demon. They can all be as hot as hell, but they're all just designed to really hate us. I guess you got lucky being only part angelic, considering you're buying me a bunch of stuff. But dating an angel? Even if I wanted to, it's impossible to find an angel who would want it back. There's no point in trying," she said simply, turning her eyes back to the Lush store. The implication behind her words was a bit foggy, but it was there. She would date an angelic, but there was just no point to her. They wouldn't want her, so why she should try to chase one? "Besides, I'm not here to ruin your reputation. Imagine if someone started to gossip about you being with a demon." It seems they were both using the same blade against each other. Just how effective was it?

Once he mentioned her blush, her eyes visibly widened. A nervous cough left her throat as she reached up both hands to touch her cheeks, shocked at the warmth she felt. When was the last time she ever blushed?! It was years ago, she was positive of that. "N-No! I'm just hot, that's all. Shut up, I'm not blushing," she snapped out at him, turning her face away. Oh yes, the demon with extreme heat resistance was getting hot in the cool mall. "You're probably colorblind, too. I'm not blushing."

Detective Zhao Shukun
Rolling his eyes in response to her commenting on his colorblindness, he'd finally just shrug before leading the charge inside Lush. A family friendly, clean smelling store that currently had all of its occupants staring out the glass walls towards Shu and Lilith. It was small, and only the employees were inside right now. Their surprise at seeing both Shu and Lilith enter was definitely noticeable.

"You won't find any guy if you keep that negativity up." Is all he'd say, almost as if encouraging her to be a little more positive. He doubted she'd ever even meet a full angel, considering they were more or less a rarity unlike Demons and Humans which made up a vast majority of the planet now. "You're cute, and you're sporting a nice new wardrobe. I also think you can dance, so you must be fun. You could probably get with any guy if you were just nicer to yourself." He'd say upon entering with her, walking to a center table which displaced different face rubs and face masks. Remembering her commented she may want to try some, he'd look to the charcoal rubs and start reading the back of one of the little ice cream looking tubs they came in. Maybe he would get a face mask?

Either way, he seemed very nonchalant about this whole conversation. It went to show how little he cared about the public opinion of him. He was just doing his day to day, and when he was at work he did that - By damn was he good at it, too! Little did he know that these sightings with Lilith would prove to be more trouble than he could have ever imagined.

Lilith

Lilith hung a moment before to make sure her blush was starting to vanish, even going as far as to rub the tip of her ears to make sure they weren't hot. Once she had assured herself the blush was mostly gone, her heels began to click as she entered the store behind Shu. There was a pause, before Lilith reached up to pinch her nose shut with a slight gag. Everything smelled wonderful, but not all at once. The demoness with an enhanced sense of smell was suddenly suffering from a barrage of sweet and powerful perfumes, all of them strong enough to catch her attention. Glancing at the employees, she let out a slight groan and released her nose, opting to breath through her mouth for the time being. Moving to stand next to Shu now, a scoff sounded.

"I am positive. I'm just not positive about dating someone who is born to hate me. Surely you wouldn't date a demon, considering they are a violent species," she mumbled to him as she looked down at the face masks, picking up a green one to peer over. While reading the ingredients on the back, she just continued to speak. "I'm flattered you think I'm cute, and yes, I'm a good dancer. Good at more than just pole dancing, too. But what if I don't want to get with any guy? Most of them are just looking for a quick fuck, and I'm really not about that life. Never have been," she said, before scooping out a bit of the free sample onto her pinkie. Smearing it against the back of her hand, she simply held up her arm towards his face. "What about this one? Let's get something we both like, so we can both have great skin. Then when I leave, you can the mask for yourself."

Detective Zhao Shukun
When Lilith joined him in the store Shu took a moment to look her way as she began to speak, though it was clear from his expression that he didn't agree with what she was saying. "Violent species? You sound like a cop in South Carolina in the early two-thousands talking about a black person. Or a white mother talking about a pit pull. You can't generalize someone or something as dangerous just because what it is. There are shitty people of every species and ethnicity. I've even meet my fair share of asshole Angel's."

As he explained that he didn't agree with her line of thought, he would set down the container he'd been looking at only to reach over and take her hand in his own. It's only then that he'd raise their hands together and lean down, quietly sniffing at paste that she had rubbed on the top of her hand. "Minty." He finally said, releasing her hand and standing upright again. "Yeah, that'll do I guess. I'm mainly interested in getting some soap, though." With that, he'd walk away from this display and away from Lilith. Not directly answering her question about if he would or wouldn't date a demon, instead just disagreeing with her line if thought. Yet another question of hers unanswered, just like his name and ethnicity.

Quickly getting the attention of a nervous employee, she would begin carving off from a block of cedar citrus soap. While she did, he'd start picking out different bath bombs and bath salts. Likely to Liliths surprise since the guest bathroom didn't have a bath tub. Unlike the master, which had a fairly large soaking jacuzzi.

Lilith

Her jaw visibly fell open, before she let out a harsh bark of laugher. "Did you seriously have a change of heart that fast? Don't you remember what you told me yesterday? You said to me that demons are a violent and mischievous species, so don't get all cocky on me now, mister," she droned out, her eyes sharp on his features as she watched him. As she spoke, she had left her hand up towards his face, not even bothering to take it down. "Listen, I'm open to people changing their mindset, but you can't possibly--" A surprised squeak sounded as he took her hand, before he rose it upward to sniff at it. She hadn't been expecting that sort of reaction, so she simply went still as he went through the motions. After releasing her hand and confirming he'd be alright with it, Lilith just let out an inaudible grumble and scrubbed violently at her hand to smear the paste away. A small container of the face-mask was soon retrieved, and she just stood by the display to watch him.

Lilith liked to think of herself as 'mysterious,' but Shukun was something else. His attitude shifted randomly at times, leaving her unsure of who the man really was. Not to mention he wouldn't explain his name or ethnicity, the two clearly clashing. Part angelic, too. She may be able to become anyone, but Shu was a challenge to her. Good thing she liked challenges. Shaking her head and letting out a slight huff, Lilith moved over to the display of bath bombs, bubble bars, and even little oils. Her eyes scanned over the items, before she hesitantly sniffed at the air. A slight gag followed, but she knew what she wanted at least. Reaching forward, she snatched up a small black bag and picked up a pink bath bomb. The name was something else, labelled the 'Sex bomb.' All she really wanted, however, was the jasmine scent it carried. Plopping it into the bag, she looked around the display once again, before back over at Shu. One last thing was grabbed, a large purple and white bubble bar. She didn't know what it did, but it smelled sweet enough to match her tastes. Shu had picked up several things already, so this was it to her.

Moving back over next to him, she just cleared her throat and presented the two small bags to him. "This is all I want."

Detective Zhao Shukun
"Yes, I did say that about Demons. Your arguement was good, though. I definitely agree you have a point as to why your kind are viewed negatively and as violent. It is only natural considering how they're treated." While she was using his own words against him, he was deciding to show that his new opinion was based off of what she had told him. It seems he has absorbed her theory and taken it to heart, after all, it was harmless for him to just view all criminals equally instead of view one race more dangerous than another. Less work for him, too.

Looking down to Liliths bag, he'd then look up to her. "What do you need bath bombs for? The guest bathroom doesn't even have a bath tub." The way he spoke made it seem like he planned on sticking to his words. He had no intention of letting her near his room, let alone his tub.

Lilith

Lilith just puffed out one cheek at his statement, unsure of how to answer. She had never thought of her words as impactful, but they worked well enough on Shu. Or he was simply starting to think that way to benefit himself in the long run, too. If change was surely coming, one wouldn't want to be on the wrong side. Especially when said person is in the police force. Holding up a bag in each hand, Lilith decided to pout at him this time around.

"I was just thinking you would let me use your bath once. I can put them both together, and I won't touch anything in your room. Come on, I haven't had a bath in years. Everything has been a shower or worse, so let me enjoy soaking around for a bit with bubbles and pretty water. You do it enough yourself, you're even buying bath bombs right now," she argued, keeping the two bags held up next to her face. She didn't have anything to bargain, but she did have an excellent begging face. Most couldn't say no to a puppy, but Shu was also...Shu.

Maybe he would give in?

Detective Zhao Shukun
Just maybe he would give in. Letting out a sigh, he'd reach out and take the two bags from her. Looking in them, there would be s brief pause as Shu began to mull over his options. The one he went with, of course, being the choice to not give in. Setting the bag with the bath supplies down, he'd keep the oils and other cleaning stuff she picked out and turn to bring everything he'd gathered to the counter to be paid for.

"No chance. Baths for me are personal." Shedding light on something that he takes personally, it was clear this was some sort of serious subject for him. Why, though? It was just a bath...

"I know for a fact you're plenty happy with just the shower. I spent a lot on that bathroom, too, so I know it's great. Like being rained on." He continued as they were rung up, referencing the massive shower head that she already got use of.

Lilith

"So?" She said, staring at him with large eyes. It wasn't a lie that Lilith felt a bit upset over the fact she couldn't get the two items while he rung up multiple for himself. It was like dangling a treat in front of a starving dog. She wasn't going to cry over the matter, but she wasn't just giving up on it. Not to mention his statement was rather annoying to her...

"It's a bathtub, I'm not shitting in it. I never get to take baths, period. You get to literally live in a luxury apartment for the rest of your life. And what type of bullshit statement is that? Yeah, I'm happy I can finally take a shower for more than once a week. But it's real stupid to bring me to a store filled with bath products then deny me any of them. While you also buy yourself a ton of them," she said, her tone seemingly hurt. She had really assumed she would be able to finally enjoy such items, but he was flat out denying her the right to one single bath.

Of course, that left her with one item. Picking up the oil before it could be rung up, she simply walked it back to the display stand and put it down. She turned back to him and spread her arms. "This was clearly a stop for you, so you should of just said that. I wouldn't of even bothered to come in."

Detective Zhao Shukun
At first he was ignoring her as she was putting up a fuss, not finding it a big deal because he felt that her personally was being incredibly generous as is. The thought that she couldn't respect his wishes to not go into his room or his bath was a little outrageous, and the current attitude he was getting even after how kind he'd been was a little off. Almost acting as though she were a spoiled brat.

Pursing his lips in response, she wouldn't get much a response from him. Instead, he'd turn back to the clerk when she hesitantly asked "Will that be all?" to which he simply scanned his phone and completed his purchase. Only buying the soap and the face mask, as well as about a dozen mix and match bath bombs. After which, he'd get his receipt and move to leave the store. "C'mon. We'll talk about this later. For now, you'll just have to make due with the soap and stuff I give you from my bathroom." If that didn't do, then he didn't have an answer for her right now.

Either way, Shu was now out of Lush and currently a little annoyed. Looking around, and orienting himself, he'd finally turn back to see if Lilith was still following. He still planned on keeping the current plans they had, aiming to take them through the food court on the way back to the car to pick up a pizza so they have lunch they could bring back to his penthouse.

Lilith

Lilith didn't respond, staring down at the display for a moment. Her fingers twitched at her sides, and a frown played at her lips. At the back of her head, that small urge was trying to crawl forward. To just snatch up one of the bath bombs when they weren't looking, and to take it back to the apartment. Use the bath whenever Shu wasn't around, and she'd be set. They had hundreds of these stupid things, and she just wanted one of them. She's never going to be allowed back in this store, so why wouldn't he just get it for her? Her hand rose to run along the powdery outside of the bath bomb, her brows furrowing together. She didn't even care that much about these types of things, why the hell was she getting so angry over it? Her jaw clenched tightly, before she scooped up the bath bomb. A moment later, she had slammed it against the floor. Powdery chalk went everywhere, the little rose inside the bomb stuck by her feet. Lilith stood there, breathing heavily. Why couldn't she just have one nice thing before her life became shit again?

At this point, it was clear she wasn't just throwing a fit over the bath bomb itself. Whatever had upset her was something deeper- Something that had the demoness shaking there and clenching her hands into fists. Her ears were pressed backwards, and her lips were pulled back into a snarl as she stared at the remains of the bath bomb. Would Shu be able to pick up on something else happening, or was he to assume she just really wanted a gimmicky bath product? Surely she couldn't be that entitled, she never had anything to own in the first place. An annoyed hiss slipped from her throat, but it was mixed with a slight choking noise.

All the demoness wanted for once, was to feel normal. She could ignore the stares of everyone as she shopped with Shu, but they both were having fun up until now. Then it just became the same old routine for her. Watch someone else buy stupid things that she wanted too, before being told she should be grateful for what she gets. Should she be grateful? At certain points, she could wish to demand for more. More because of what the world had done to her. She worked, and worked, and worked at a job she absolutely loathed, but nearly all her money was spent on trying to stay alive for another month. She didn't even have a home, and after this week, she could kiss behind the luxury of bathing more than once a week in hot water. Of sleeping in a comfortable bed, or even being able to keep her clothes clean for more than a few hours. She would have to go back to her work, let those stupid humans who did nothing for species touch her and coo in her ears, only to get paid a minimal amount because of her species.

Staring at the floor and refusing to look at the employees, Lilith just stood there. Was it bratty to want to be pampered just for once? Absolutely, she was acting like an entitled bitch when Shu didn't have to give her a thing. But they both knew she wasn't getting back into this store before her lifetime was over, not with the way things are now. Change may be happening, but it was slow. Slow and painful, and used more as a platform for humans to feel good about themselves.

She just wanted to take a stupid bath.

Detective Zhao Shukun
Her little display was indeed quite startling, even Shu looking to her just like the staff inside with an expression of total surprise and confusion. Why would she do that? He knew she didn't come from wealth or stature, she didn't have background to act spoiled. To everyone else she was just a brat, one having a tantrum because she didn't get what she wanted. Though Shu saw that this pain wasn't because she couldn't get what she wanted, but because she truly thought she never may.

Finally gaining his senses, the peers all looking to him now for some kind of explanation, he'd slowly reach into one of the bags containing the bath bombs and pull one out. Setting it on a nearby table, he'd more or less replace the one that was just exploded. The same price meant they had a net loss of zero, so who were they to care? "Lilith. You can use my bath, and these bath bombs. However, there will be ground rules." He said this as if her perception of a bath was much different than what he actually had to offer.

"And apologize for scaring everyone." His final request to her, his voice almost piercingly sharp as his words filled the small store. While Shu definitely lacked any flashy power, it seemed when he meant to get his point across his words carried a certain charisma. Perhaps the reason why he was still single was there wasn't a woman alive whom he meet that didn't find his presence unbearable. Clearly Lilith was struggling with it as well. "After, we can go get some Pizza and we can go over things together." Almost as if Pizza wasn't going to be on the table anymore if she didn't apologize. He wouldn't actually just take her straight home if she didn't apologize, would he?

Lilith

Standing there with furrowed brows, Lilith was silent for a few seconds. It was clear she was in some type of shock from her actions moments ago, her hands still clenched into tight fists. In the ghettos, breakdowns like this were often for demons. In the streets, in the homeless shelters- No one cared enough to stare at those freaking out. This time was different, however. Humans were staring at her like she had just gone insane, or like she was some child. Don't they understand what the hell she even faces? That this is just another screw in the huge machine? He only snapped out of her daze when Shu began to speak, and before he was even finished demanding she'd apologize, Lilith was dropping down to her knees to sweep the broken bath product in a small pile. Small chunks were picked up and dropped into the dusty pile on the dark floor, her tail flat behind her. Lilith had always appeared mentally stable to Shu so far, even brave in front of a dead body. In reality, it seemed to be just a mask. She was just as damaged as the rest of the demons squatting in the city, ruined by something they couldn't control.

Once it had been completely sweeped up, Lilith moved to push it all into her hands, before she stepped over to a small trashcan to dump it all way. Lowering her head, she just spoke softly. "Sorry for causing a disturbance." After that, her heels clicked and she followed Shu out of the store.

Her head was kept down, and her eyes on the floor. The light from shopping had dissappered, and she just looked tired. She had tried hard enough to keep up the act around humans, but even the most minor of inconviences seemed like too much for her at this point. It was almost surprising how quickly it got to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back