• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Interested?

• Total voters

Roman

How troublesome...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Here to pitch an idea to any and all that may be interesting. Something I had forgotten about but found in my workshop recently, but here goes nothing.

Andros
Until not too long ago, the world had forgotten the Astrians. They were a group of ancient races blessed with godlike powers. They were the high-born races, weavers of magic, and rulers over the low-born races and the universe as a whole. Beings created by the gods.
48f30a1ecc8e4b79b59d6ce05b59128a.jpg

Initial research suggested that Astrian lives were similar, but still foreign in culture, to the modern-day people of Andros. What their research found most disturbing was the evidence of just how common war amongst the Astrians was. Ruins revealed how they had fought each other so many times, for so long, and with such brutality that they drove themselves to extinction. It found that before the last Astrian war ended, many of the lower races fled to more peaceful land to begin life anew. There was no doubt that now that they were no longer tangled in the constant wars of the Astrians, the lower races were able to thrive and build empires of their own in the new lands they called home. Since the low-born races never saw the Astrians after that their existence faded first to legends, then myths, then into obscurity. After centuries of rebuilding civilization, the lands they had settled were beginning to seem small. The low-born races began to expand outward back across the mountains, valleys, and seas they had crossed so long ago.

There they found the remains of the once great and powerful Astrians. For the most part, they found nothing but skeletons and buildings half-buried under dirt and rock, but some began to stumble on relics from the past. Items still teaming with the mystical energies the Astrians had used to destroy themselves. Expeditions to the Astrian ruins in search of these invaluable items grew popular. Diggers recovered everything from silver that never tarnished, candles that never burnt down, blades that could cut stone, and armors that had barely even a scratch from the weight of piles of boulders on top of them. Some even more rare ones had spells locked within, but nothing compared to a discovery made after thousands of these artifacts had been recovered. The Astrians weren't dead. By what could only be pure chance, a young digger pulled out a precious jeweled locket, whispered how beautiful he thought it was to it, and then kissed it. Those actions awakened an Astrian, lying dormant inside the item, and bound them together. The Astrians were back, but this time they were controlled by the mortals, as the gods had left.

As it is known now, some of them hid at their end and sealed their essences in artifacts. Only by unique cryptic actions could the seal be broken to reveal the Astrian inside. But not all artifacts have Astrians inside them, and not all Astrians are ones anyone would want to be released from their slumbers. Regardless, everyone now dreamed of acquiring and bonding with one of these rare Astrians. For some, they were a means to wealth, some a symbol of status, and for some a weapon to direct at their enemies. The question is, how will you use your Astrian if you have one? How would do you react to the world now that most people do and you may not?

Summoner or Servant
In this RP, you can take on either one of the two roles. A summoner is someone who has found an Astrian artifact that housed the spirit of a dead Astrian. By using the artifact, you were able to summon it. As a servant, you take on a role for the long-dead Astrian. This role comes with the responsibility of watching the summoners back. Making sure they stay alive because once if they die, you're forcefully returned to your artifact and will become dormant once again until someone else comes along to summon you. If you want, you can make both your own summoner and servant duo if that's easier for you.

The World Around You
While you may live in a city or village, Andros is quite large, and littered with history. Ruins scattered all over. Ancient libraries and armories left behind by the Astrians after they went extinct. Beautiful landscapes that have yet been discovered. While whatever you may find yourself doing as the most important thing, you will definitely come to notice that this world isn't short of history. You Astrians may just find yourself remembering something about your past by just looking at what used to be a castle long ago.

D&D Elements
There are a few D&D elements, such as the mortal races that will be used. Spells from D&D and other things of the sort. I'm not against allowing for more elements from D&D, so if you have anything you want to use from there, feel free to shoot me a PM and we can talk about it.

If, and hopefully, this gets enough people I'll set up more things for it. For the time being, just let me know if you're interested. I'm also accepting feedback as some aspects are still in the works.

Last edited:
For those are interested or that are just looking. Here's a map of what Andros roughly looks like. One shows the borders of the lands, separated by race of course.
Androssmol.jpg
Andros1smol.jpg

Last edited:
Quick bump. Seems like there are a few people interested and some who are considering, so that's good.

Well for those of you are considering and are interested, I'll be posting everything tomorrow. Seems like we have a small enough group to kick start things somewhat and the majority probably want to create their own Astrian rather than partner with someone at the time being.

Those who said yes
Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne Luna Malveaux Luna Malveaux WeirdPrincess WeirdPrincess Roleplaytoday Roleplaytoday Doshy Doshy

Maybe
Lumina Lumina animegirl20 animegirl20 Remembrance Remembrance Aleph Null Aleph Null
You all can make your final decision then. I'll post again on that day when it's all set up.

Hello hello! I noticed that quite a few others were interested, so I'd thought I'd ask first on whether or not you're a bit too full on this RP? I'd certainly like to join, but I understand that sometimes people get a bit too filled up with the amount of players.

Hello hello! I noticed that quite a few others were interested, so I'd thought I'd ask first on whether or not you're a bit too full on this RP? I'd certainly like to join, but I understand that sometimes people get a bit too filled up with the amount of players.
No, this RP is completely open and always accepting.

Roman Roman what level of literacy does this roleplay expect from its players?
Sorry for the delayed answer. As Co-GM I can say we want somewhere between one to two paragraphs while trying to keep spelling and grammatical errors to a minimum

I'm interested, but I have a question. Are there any special requirements for Astrians? Like, you describe them as godlike, but how varied can they be in appearance? I assume humanoid at the very least, but I'm not sure beyond that

I'm interested, but I have a question. Are there any special requirements for Astrians? Like, you describe them as godlike, but how varied can they be in appearance? I assume humanoid at the very least, but I'm not sure beyond that
Astrians are typically whatever you please to be. Due to their godlike properties they don't necessarily have a specific shape or form. They all take a mortal form though that does leave them race restricted, other than that their true form is whatever you find that you like. I will specify nothing gargantuan or super small.

Astrians are typically whatever you please to be. Due to their godlike properties they don't necessarily have a specific shape or form. They all take a mortal form though that does leave them race restricted, other than that their true form is whatever you find that you like. I will specify nothing gargantuan or super small.
That makes sense. I'll get started once I check out the rest of the information

Users who are viewing this thread

Back