• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

"Well, I would have to agree with Amelia on this one. You should do it. You have nothing to lose by doing it. I have faith that you'll make it farther than you give yourself credit for and you need just need to discover that on your own. It just seems like a good time to do it since Amelia is unexpectedly starting some place new too, it would be good for both of you to explore your talents before you commit to setting your roots together in an office. It's now or never, what're you going to do?" Dawson challenged out of love. He wanted Isabel to be happy and he knew she was more than capable to do anything she set her mind to and freelancing would be an excellent opportunity for her to test her self-disciplined limits and realize just how far her natural talent was going to get her. "Did you know I wasn't going to go for the Blue Angels?" he, of course, knew she didn't know this, but he was just trying to get a point across. "I didn't think I was good enough. What do you think?"

"I think you're crazy because you're one heck of a pilot and got in just right as a Blue Angel." She said with a laugh, smiling at the pilot before shebsighed. "Point proven." She added, shaking her head and driving to her house where she walked in with him happily. "Don't judge the colors of the house. They're very southern and Mexican because of my mother." She said softly, laughing at his reaction to a blue color living room. "Yeah, it's a piece of work. I'm going to change it all eventually I just haven't found the time." She explained with a shrug. "We can hang out here for a couple of hours before we go back to reality."

"No, no, I like it. It holds character," Dawson replied with a smile. "I'm excited to meet your mom she sounds like a fun person to be around. Don't forget to tell them about our Christmas plans. I think it'll be nice to spend the time with both of our families. We both spend too much time away from them unintentionally. Luckily, they are all understanding and have yet to hate either of us," he teased. For the first time in quite awhile, Dawson was excitedly looking forward to the holiday season that was fast approaching. He considered himself blessed to spend it with Isabel.

Isabel smiled as she listened to the pilot and nodded, sitting down on the grey leather couch with a content sigh. "I'll be sure to tell them. I'm sure mom will be super excited once I let her know. My family is excited to meet you which is cute because you're the first boyfriend they've ever met." She said softly, giggling at his shock. "No other ones were worth taking to meet them but you're worth everything." She said softly, yawning before she turned on the tv and sprawled out on the couch after she put her head on Dawson's lap. "I don't want to go back to work." She pouted as she looked at the muscular man.

At Isabel's confession to him being the first serious boyfriend to meet her family his eyes went wide. "That doesn't add any pressure or anything," he replied sarcastically while he rubbed the back of his neck nervously before he sat down. When her head found his lap he began to play with the end strands of her hair out of habit, sighing at what Isabel had to say. "Then don't go back," he said bluntly. "Based on what I've heard from you lately both you and Amelia have become miserable where you are right now, and two women as talented as you two are should not be miserable. You have a lot to offer to the world, Isabel, just take the chance and try freelance.

Isabel laughed softly at Dawson as she shook her head and sighed. "You and Amelia are so alike. I have bills to pay, my love. I can't afford to just quit right now." She whispered softly, biting her lip. "Except the idea is very tempting. Very very tempting." She added. "Not going to work is so tempting. I say I won't go so that way we can just enjoy more time here in my hometown. We both deserve time together and alone after all." She said with a wink, sitting up to kiss him gently and lovingly. "Freelancing it is." She whispered against his lips with a giggle.

"I don't think we are that similar, I take things a little slower," he teased, at her final decision to follow one of her biggest dreams, Dawson's grin grew from ear to ear before he kissed her excitedly in return. "See, it wasn't that hard to make a decision. If you really needed the job you wouldn't have started to debate it in the first place. You just needed reassurance. As for spending more time with you, how can I say no to that?"

Smiling, Isabel stood up and took his hand. "The mall is still open, let's go hit some stores because we need clothes. I don't know how long we plan on staying but we have enough time to enjoy ourselves now." She explained happily, walking out of the house with her boyfriend before getting back into the Mustang and drove a short distance to the mall. It was only about two blocks down from her house. When they arrived, she let valet do the hard job and sighed contently. "Alright, let's get you into Express for some nice clothes."

By now, Dawson knew better than try to argue with Isabel's excited suggestions so he just nodded and went along with it contently. Following her into the mall, he interlocked their fingers and laughed at her suggestion "You're relentless, my love. I would tell you not to go overboard, but that means you'll only want to do it more," with a wink the pilot let Isabel lead them into the store she wanted to take him in and let her pick all the outfits that she thought would best suit him. He mostly agreed because the joy he witnessed her get out of the experience was almost always impossible to reject.

Isabel adored picking out clothes that she felt were nice and would compliment Dawson. Picking out clothing was something she would always enjoy doing and after she purchased some nice jeans and shirts for Dawson, she laughed when he offered to do the same for her. "I have clothes for myself at the house." She explained, shaking her head with a bright and excited smile. She was going to enjoy being able to spend time with Dawson now that she was going to freelance. Work had become something Isabel disliked lately with the assignments she was given and she needed a change. This was a big change but she knew she would get through it with the help of her family, Amelia and Dawson.

"Well aren't you a lil trickster." Poking her on the side to make her laugh. "Thank you, but you didn't have to do that, it makes me feel bad," he admitted. Being the southern gentleman that he was, he was taught to treat the ladies right, and he didn't want Isabel to think he wanted to take advantage of her. That always worried him when she did nice things for him but he always pushed the thought aside since they tried to be equally responsible for their outings. He always enjoyed how well they seemed to work as a team. Taking her hand, he placed it back into its rightful place of his own and followed her out with a heavy yawn. The day the spent together, while it was memorable, the exhaustion was beginning to catch up to Dawson. "What now?" He asked, turning to her with a smile.

"You look exhausted so let's go back to my house so we can shower and just sleep." She said happily before she walked out of the mall with her boyfriend and went to the valet, giving him the card he needed to go and retrieve the mustang. Sighing softly, the more freelancer looked at Dawson and smiled gently at him. "Are you enjoying it all so far?" She asked him softly, hoping he said yes as she held hisbhand tightly before getting into the car happily and began driving back home, holding his hand the whole drive. "I suppose tomorrow we can go eat Mexican food. I can take you to Milpas! They have some big ass tacos, trust me. You'll only ever need just one."

"Yes, of course I'm enjoying myself. I'm with you." While they waited for the valet to bring back their car Dawson squuzed her hand."How about ou? Did you enjoy the day?" he asked hopeful, he too wanted her to say yes. Once the valet returned, Dawson grabbed Isabel's door and quickly made his way to his side. Even though the drive home was short, Dawson still found himself wanting to fall asleep but fought it when he heard Isabel try to talk to him. Tilting his head in her direction he nodded at her suggestion. "I'm okay with that," he whispered with another yawn.

"I did enjoy the day, yes. I enjoyed your family and being with you. I also enjoyed my flight test and where it brought me. I love you, Dawson." She whispered softly, smiling as she watched his exhaustion settle in. She knew he had to have been exhausted and when they got home, she grabbed his bags and walked in with her, smiling gently. "If you want to shower it the first door to your right. We can sleep in my old bedroom." She said softly, locking the door and walked to her room. She took in a deep breath as she looked at it. It never changed except for the bedding which was now a deep red. Setting the bags down, she sat in the bed before laying back.

Following Isabel Inside Dawson happily took her offer for a shower. After the day they had he couldn't argue that he didn't need one. His skin was stiff and sticky, something Dawson was used to but was in a hurry to get rid of. Jumping into the shower he let his skin soak in the warm water before he lathered his head with shampoo, the warm water both relaxing him and waking him up a little. By the time Dawson finished, he was fully refreshed and ready to sleep. Walking into the room, he smiled when he saw Isabel, walking over he planted a kiss on her lips. "Hi love."

"Hi there, Cowboy." She whispered softly, kissing him again more gently. "How was hot shower?" She asked him softly, looking at herself in the vanity where she brushed out her wet hair. She had showered in her parents room when he did because she felt so sticky and gross. It was a feeling she hadn't felt in awhile but she didn't like it. When she finished brushing out her hair, she smiled at Dawson through the mirror. "There's not much space in my room but it works." Shrugging, she laid down on her favorite side of the bed and curled into a ball, smiling at the feeling of his warmth. "I missed this bed." She said softly, kissing Dawson's cheek.

"It was nice, thank you." Smiling back at her in the mirror while he watched her brush the knots out of her hair. It was a simple task, but it was still one that gave Dawson the opportunity to admire her. He loved these moments. He didn't depart from his own daze until she spoke again to which he just shrugged. He didn't care about the size of the room, he was just delighted to be here with her after all the time they had spent apart recently, this was refreshing. Following her into bed, he wrapped an arm around her, careful to still give her space to avoid discomfort, smiling at her comment with his eyes closed. "Did you? Is that all you missed?"

Smiling, Isabel stayed curled under the blankets before she moved closer to Dawson, resting her head against his chest before she closed her eyes as her smile never faded. "Not really. I missed you and just being together." She whispered softly, kissing his cheek again before she slowly began to fall asleep. She was becoming sleepy and knowing Dawson was with her reassured her that he wasn't leaving anytime soon. "You're definitely a heater." She teased with a gentle giggle, finally succumbing to her sleep as she relaxed against the pilot peacefully.

While Dawson and Isabel fell to sleep peacefully Amelia hadn't been so lucky. Even though her desire to sleep was undeniable, she still was unable to sleep through an entire night without being disrupted. Despite this, when she was woken up my Chloe's morning cries to go outside, she rolled out of bed without a complaint and went to sit in Jayden;s backyard with the boxer while she snooped around. Sipping some tea, Amelia curled into the blanket she had wrapped around her, giggling at Chloe nudge the snow on the ground with her nose and whine at how cold it was. "What's the matter, girl? Do you not like the snow?" Amelia asked humorously. Just then, a small amount of white fluff fell from a tree branch, and onto the pup's back, scaring her. Bursting out in laughter, Amelia held out her hand to Chloe when she came running to Amelia out of fright. "You're a real impressive guard dog, Chloe," Amelia whispered sarcastically, as she brushed the snow off her fur. "The snow isn't even bad yet, what are you going to do when it's a few feet deep, silly."

After Amelia spent a couple of minutes outside with Chloe, Jayden walked out and smiled gently at Amelia and laughed softly at Chloe who was still too afraid to make way back out to the snow. Walking over to the journalist, he sat next to Amelia and kissed her cheek, passing her a cup of coffee just how she liked it. "What do you want to do today? Relax or continue house hunting? I'm off for the next two days." He said softly. "Oh wait, tonight we have dinner with Nick and Lauren. They're both excited to spend some time with us." He said softly, smiling as he watched Chloe run back out after she wasn't scared anymore. "Are you feeling alright?" He asked in concern before looking at Amelia gently.

Amelia shrugged at Jayden asking her what she wanted to do. "I told you to surprise me," she reminded him sweetly. "Dinner tonight is fine," she said taking a sip of the coffee he gave her, Amelia savored the taste. Since she found out she was expecting she gave up coffee. Since her caffeine tolerance was slow as it was, she didn't want to risk anything so she stayed away from it. However, Jayden was sweet for bringing it to her and she didn't want to be rude so she took a couple sips before she set it aside, looking back over to him when he asked how she was feeling. "I'm better than yesterday but it's just a day by day thing."

"I see. I'm glad you feel better. Let's hope you continue feeling better." He said softly, holding her hand happily as he enjoyed the peace and quiet. "How about we go to the home store and pick out some cute decorations for Thanksgiving and Christmas? Then we can go get some ice cream like weirdo's because it's cool then I have a surprise for you." He said contently, kissing her cheek softly before he laughed at Chloe barking excitedly. "You'll like your surprise. Trust me." He reassured the journalist before he stood up, extending his hand for her. "Come on, Princess. Let's get the day started."

At Jayden's suggestion Amelia couldn't help but laugh. "You're so cute hun. You already sound like a dad," she teased, taking his hand, skeptical at what this surprise might be but but set the thought aside for now. Following him inside she shivered after she took the blanket she was wearing outside. Getting dressed, Amelia grabbed her purse and said bye to Chloe before the couple left to start their shopping. Amelia was excited that her favorite holiday was coming up, it meant she could go on a baking expenditure. Letting Jayden drive, she held his free hand while she started to make the list of things she wanted to bake, texting Bel to ask if she had any requests.

"Already making a list, huh?" Jayden asked with a smile at Amelia, driving to the home store first so they could buy the decorations to accompany the holiday. When they arrived, Jayden was quick to get out and open Amelia's door for her, helping her out by extending his hand and locked the car, sighing contently before he walked into the store with him, grabbing a basket. "Okay, what do you want to buy?" He asked her softly with a content smile. Jayden was happy to just be here with Amelia and spend time together. They needed it andbhe was looking forward to dinner tonight with Nick and Lauren. Nick was going to kill Jayden for telling him about the baby so late.

When Isabel's phone rang, she slowly got out of bed, not waking Dawson before she grabbed it and smiled, walking out to the kitchen to make some coffee. "Let's go with your cinnamon rolls and a pecan pie. Please and thank you." She responded to Amelia happily, yawning as she realized there was no food to make here. Sighing she just sat in the living room, sipping her coffee contently as she watched tv.

"Got it!" Amelia replied excitedly before she looked up to Jayden and nodded. "Of course, it helps me organize my thoughts, which sounds like a mom thing to say but that's okay now I guess," she said teasingly with a giggle before they arrived at the store together, hand in hand. "You really want to give me full range of all of this? You might want to rethink that. I hate shopping, but home decor is my weak spot," she confessed, excitedly making her way to the fall decorations, the familiar smell of cinnamon accompanying them. She was relieved that it didn't make her nausous because she loved it and wasn't sure she could go a season without it. "Have you ever decorated?" Amelia asked curiously, to her it was a sad thought that Jayden might have not, given his past. She didn't want to upset him by the thought but she was just curious. If this was his first time, she wanted to mak it memorable but she hoped in the least, he got some sort of holiday wonder as a child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back