• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

When Isabel said she loved it, Dawson smiled while he held her against him. "Me too," he whispered contently, taking her hands in his to warm them."I've been told I am a human heater. It sure comes in handy in these winter months. I'm glad to be of service to you," he whispered humming a soft melody while they continued to dance. After this he would stick her in front of a warm fire with cozy blankets and they would play games with the rest of the family before Dawson helped his dad make dinner for everyone. As Dawson held Isabel he was reminded how grateful he was to have her. He never thought he would feel this way about another woman again but he was relived to be proved wrong. "Thank you for coming with me. It means the world to me. I love you. isabel. Forever and always."

Isabel smiled sweetly as she listened to what Dawson said, looking at his beautiful eyes as they continued to dance. "I'm happy I came. I love your family and how welcome they've made me feel." She whispered softly, kissing him gently again. "I love you too, Dawson. Forever and always." Time spent with Dawson was time she never wanted to give up and she enjoyed their time out here together. It was a beautiful spot and she loved being here with a great man. She took a picture of them and smiled as she did. Taking his hand she followed him off the ice and to the bench where she unlaced the skates and laughed when he put her boots on for her, acting as though she's Cinderella. "Why thank you, Prince Charming." She said with a wink, standing after they both had their boots on and followed him back down the path. "Can this be our spot?" She asked him curiously, biting her lip as she was afraid of what his response would be. She figured this was his and Josie when they were little but she accepted that and looked forward to their future together.

To Isabel's surprise, Dawson just looked to her and nodded. "Yes, it can be." Leaning over he kissed her forehead before he helped her get back on top of Blackie. "Now let's get you back before you freeze to death you southern Texan," Dawson replied with a wink. He was happy he took her here. For him, showing her his spot was another step into their relationship. He wanted to trust her and so he decided to let her into his world back home. So far it paid off, he had no regrets, just wonders about where they would go from here.

When they arrived back to the house, Isabel walked in with Dawson and smiled gently at his family, sitting by the fire that his father started to warm up. When she felt additional warmth from an oversized blanket, she sighed contently and thanked Dawson.

"Alright here, let's play some card games! We can do traditional card games or we can play monopoly or uno." Malinda said happily, sitting at her chair with Charles next to her as the coffee table was in front of them.

"I'll play whatever. Just know I'm great at any game and will beat all of y'all." Isabel teased with a laugh, smiling as Charles took the challenge and as warm up the two played a round of speed. Their hands moved quickly, putting cards down and flipping their decks when needed. It was an intense and fast game but Isabel pulled the victory.

"Speed!" She said excitedly with a bright smile and gentle laugh. She hadn't been so relaxed or care free in quite some time and now she was enjoying as much of it as she could.

"Alright now, lets play monopoly. Dawson always wins at this but I'm sure Isabel will pull yet another victory." Dawson's mother said playfully, setting up the board game happily.

"Y'all are a bunch of traitors. I will not lose my streak in this house to her!" Dawson exclaimed adamantly, handing Isabel a cup of cocoa before he sat next to her and sipped his own before he helped set up the game, clasping his hands together. "Let's do this!" he challenged, eyeing Nel playfully before they started the game. Both of them were overly competitive so this would for she be an interesting game. When he took the lead he laughed at Bel's expression and shrugged. "I love you, but not enough to let you win this time, I've had an undefeated streak in this house since Sarah was born."

Isabel pouted as she watched Dawson take the lead but smiled assuringly as she shook her head. "No worries." She said simply, landing on the space she needed to jump ahead. "And that is why I wasn't worried." She said playfully, kissing Dawson's cheek as they continued playing. The game was long, as always when one played Monopoly. Malinda was a very close second to Isabel but Isabel sadly fell short this game, laughing as she watched Dawson celebrate his victory. "I'll accept defeat. That was a very fair game." She told him softly, helping clean up the game before she kissed Dawson and let him go cook dinner with his father. Sighing contently, she finished her cup of now cold cocoa and smiled at Malinda. "He's a rather competitive person huh?" Malinda asked Isabel to which the journalist laughed softly and nodded. "That he is but we both are so I don't mind."

"You two fit well together. I'm glad. He needs you," Malinda said putting the games away. "You can pick the movie tonight. They're all in his cabinet," Malinda directly sweetly. "Pick whatever your heart desires we've seen them all but there might be something in there you haven't yet. It could be a surprise. Taking their cups, Malinda went to refill them with fresh cocoa, and in the mean time, Amelia checked base to make sure Bel wasn't so upset anymore.

"How are things going? Is everything okay?" She hoped isabel and Dawson had worked it out, being clueless to their riding since Amelia was working and didn't check Isabel's social media yet today. It was a slow day for her. She had finished the rookie assignment she was given hours ago and was now just sitting st her desk editing, trying to ignore her stinging headache by dowing the water in her water bottle. The secret she was keeping from most of the world was getting harder to keep because of how sick she felt all the time. There was only so many excuses she could make for it, but chewing gum did help so that's what she did at work. When she heard a familiar voice, she rolled her eyes before looking up, she wasn't in the mood to deal with Kyle and his suscuous a million questions since he learned his favored reporter got moved to a lesser department without any explanation as to why.

Last edited:
Smiling at the suggestion, Isabel nodded at Malinda before she stood up and went over to Dawson's cabinet. She looked through the many movie options she saw, several of them being some of the best. She loved it here and when she heard her phone go off she pulled it out, smiling at Amelia's text before she released a deep sigh. "Everything is fine. We talked it out last night. Taking baby steps but I'm going to have to accept Josie was his past if I want a future with him. We went to his spot today. It's beautiful there. Check my social media. You feeling okay?" Hitting send Isabel sighed softly, going back to picking a movie to watch tonight. She decided to stick with a classic and chose The Breakfast Club. She hadn't seen it in awhile and felt as though it was a good choice.

Kyle walked into Amelia's office, sighing softly as he sat across from her. "Amelia, what happened? I just want to know. You were moving up in the departments and now you're stuck doing rookie work. This isn't fair to you." He said seriously, shaking his head as he noticed her irritation and boredom. "I can help get you back in our department but I can't do it if I don't know what happened? Are you sick? Did you argue with our editors?"

Before Amelia acknowledged Kyle she replied to Isabel. "I will, but that sounds adorable and really promising. I hope it works out for the both of you. P.S. is a hormonal imabalce enough of an excuse to beat someone's ass at work? I need to know ASAP. Also, I could be better but just pushing through it." Looking up at Kyle after, Amelia shook her head. "I don't want your help, Kyle. I requested to be here so can you just leave it alone please? I have my reasons and you don't need to know what they are. I know you're just trying to bait me so you're pieces look good. Nice try," she replied snarling, still chewing on her cinnamon flavored gum. "You can go back to whatever stellar project you're working on, I don't need to hear about it but thanks anyway."

"Which one did you pick?" Dawson's mom asked when she walked back into the room, handing Bel her cup. "That's a good one! It's Sarah's favorite." Opening the other side of the cabinet, Malinda pulled out Dawson's baby pictures that she knew to be Josie free. "These are Dawson's baby pictures, do you want to see them?"

"That's more than a perfectly good reason to kick someone's ass. Let me guess, Kyle? Just report him already." Isabel responded to her best friends text with an annoyed sigh. She wished Kyle would just leave Amelia alone. Kyle sighed as he received practically the same response as last time, this time just more aggressive. "Okay okay. I don't want you to make my pieces look good, I can do that myself. I was just trying to be a friend and help." He said before he stood up and left rather quickly and angrily. He didn't understand anything about Amelia and why she was in such a lower department, why she requested to be there. It made no sense to him but he let it go. It wasn't worth worrying about or trying to help.

Isabel happily took the cup from her, thanking her before taking a sip of the fresh cocoa as she sat down in the living room with Malinda, smiling at the photo album. "I'd love to see them." She told her softly, sitting next to her and smiling as they flipped through the pages together. "Oh my, look at him!" She said with a laugh, smiling as she looked at the picture of Dawson as a toddler dressed exactly like he was today with an oversized hat on his head. "He was such a cute child." She said softly, smiling at Malinda and watching Dawson become frantic when he saw a photo album. "It's alright." She told him softly. "How's dinner coming along?"

Once Kyle was gone, Amelia shoook her head before going bsck back to what she was doing. She was tired of basically being the mother duck for the interns but she swallowed her pride and did it anyway. Finishing putting everything away she went home shortly after. Checking Bel's pictures she laughed at seeing her best friend dressed the way she was. It wasn't a normal thing for Amelia to see. She was proud that Bel got on the horse though. Sending cute compliment she left Bel alone after that and made a piece of chicken to go with her salad. She was exhasted but needed to eat something first. When she finished making it she went to change and then curled into the couch with Chloe, earring the salad she fell asleep with Chloe's head rested gently in its usual spot on Amelia's stomach.

Dawson and Charles were making chicken alfredo with garlic bread when Dawson looked into the living room and saw an album in his mother's hands where she sat with Bel. Without even thinking he began to panic and rushed into the room. He didn't calm down until Isabel reassured him it was alright. To which he nodded and offered a smile. "It should be ready soon." Walking over to her, Dawson kissed her forehead and looked down to the pictures with a bewildered expression. "Oh boy, that's embarrassing," he teased before he went over to give his momma a hug and left the two to finish looking at the album while he finished dinner.

When Jayden arrived home, he smiled as he saw Amelia laying on the couch with Chloe curled up next to her. It was a sight he always loved to see and he took a picture of it before he walked over and kissed her gently. "I'm home." He whispered softly before going to make him some food. He saw the chicken in the fridge and decided to make some cilantro lime chicken happily. It smelled delicious and he was excited to eat it. He was starving.

Isabel laughed softly as she smiled at Dawson and continued looking at the pictures. "They're not embarrassing, I like them." She said with a wink, watching him walk off again before they continued looking through the photos. Dawson looked like such a care free boy and she loved that. Isabel loved how photos could tell a story. After looking through the album with Malinda, she smiled as they talked, standing up and walking with Dawson to the dinner table where everyone gathered around.

"Oh Isabel, this is my fiancée Luke." Sarah said with a gentle smile to which Isabel shook hands with the man and smiled. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Luke." She said softly, sitting next to Dawson. "This food looks amazing." She added wth a content smile and dug in along with everyone else.

"Mhm," Amelia replied not even opening her eyes but felt Chloe get up from the couch to follow Jayden into the kitchen. "You traitor," Amelia muttered. Grabbing the blanket she sighed to herself when she heard Jayden speak. Sitting up, she opened her eyes and laughed when he asked her how work was. "I'm about to quit," she replied bluntly. "I just sit there most of the time and entertain Kyle with my vague answers about why I can't be where I was. It's becoming more than annoying." Seeing Jayden's facial expression she realized she was being unpleasant. "I'm sorry," she said apologetically, going to give Jayden a hug. "I didn't mean it," she said with an anxious giggle. "How was your day?" She asked cheering up her tone as she spoke.

"Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks. You never know with these men," Malinda commented with a hesitant expressio and a laugh at their glares towards her. "I'm kidding, geez." Looking over to Bel she offered her a wink. "Well, we're all overjoyed you're spending the weekend with us, Isabel. We know you're quite the busy woman. Hopefully you'll come around more often now. We like having ya."

Jayden didn't like knowing Amelia was this unhappy and hearing her say what she did regarding her feelings towards her job made him worried and sad. It was saddening for him but he smiled at the hug and bit his lip.its alright. My day was good. Nick is enjoying his promotion rather well and today was a bit slow but good. Nothing major or drastic which is always something good." He said softly, kissing Amelia's nose happily. "For Thanksgiving, are we doing something here?" He asked her gently. "I know how much you love Thanksgiving and I talked to Bel and told her we could have it here and I could cook. Dawson agreed to help out."

Isabel smiled at Malinda's kindness and nodded. "I'm glad I was able to make it. I'm enjoying it here and y'all are just wonderful people. I'll try to be around more often." She assured the family and her smile only grew bigger when she saw the excitement and anticipation set in their expression. Isabel was really going to try and make it out here more often. She loved how peaceful it was and she loved Dawson's family. "I know y'all have plans for thanksgiving but what are y'all doing for Christmas?" Malinda asked, hopeful the new couple would spend it with them. "I'm not entirely sure what our plans are. What're we doing, love?" She asked Dawson wth a smile.

Amelia listened and smiled at at the mention of her favorite holiday. Usually shebwent him for Thanksgiving but she didn't want to destroy the plans her friends had already made so she agreed. "We can, I was nervous about going home anyway," she admitted with a shrug. Lately she has been avoiding her sister because she knew how she liked to be nosey. "But we have to spend Christmas there or it's my ass." She said sitting down with him while he ate. "I'm glad Nick is happy, that's reassuring. Though I'm sure you miss his help. We should make plans with him and Lauren. We haven't done anything together in awhile."

Dawson shrugged at Isabel's question. "Whatever you want to do, love, but I'm sure your family would like to see you at some point since we are spending Thanksgiving with Amelia and Jayden. We can split Christmas. Your parents don't live too far from here, right?" He asked curiously with a smile.

Laughing softly, Jayden agreed to to going to her house for Christmas. He wouldn't understand what it was like to always go home for the holidays but he wa excited to know now. "I'll talk to Nick about making plans. Maybe we could all go get dinner sometime soon. I also agree that we have to make it out to Florida for Christmas. We'll have to buy gifts but that's alright because it's my favorite thing to do." He said with a bright smile and kissed her gently. "Did you eat?" He asked her curiously, hoping she did.

Isabel smiled at Dawson as she ate the pasta happily and nodded. "I like that idea. They live rather close by. Right down Alta Mesa and next to my aunt." She said with a laugh, smiling sweetly as the light conversation carried on. Isabel was enjoying this and wished she didn't have to leave. Sometimes the city became overwhelming and too much to handle but she would always enjoy the fast pace. It was what she craved growing up. She never missed Corpus but at this moment she did. As much as she hated that city she missed the late nights out by the water.

"Dinner would be nice," laughing st his comment about buying gifts. "You know I hate that people think Christmas is all about the gifts right? I never like that, but I always am generous with the gifts I give. I like people to know they are thought of." Watching him eat, Amelia nodded. "Yes, but today is not a good day. I just stuck with salad and grilled chicken." She wanted to eat something else but she was afraid it would leave her getting sick most of the night so she ignored the thought. Biting her lip, she looked to Jayden. She was debating something and she wanted his input. "Do you want to tell everyone the news at Christmas?" She asked curiously, picking at her nails as she always did when she was nervous.

Dawson nodded in agreeance. "Alright then. Be sure to let them know," he said simply. Dawson was elated on the thought of spending Christmas with Isabel and their families.

"Maybe next year we can all do Christmas here. There's enough room and that way you two don't have to spilt your time between us." Malinda suggested gently, enjoying the dinner made by her husband and son.

Jayden blinked at Amelia's question, smiling as he listened and nodded. "I would love that as long as it's okay with you." He said softly, holding her hands and kissing them gently. "I think we've made them wait long enough. It'll be nerve wracking but I'll be there in case anything happens." He whispered softly, biting his lip, terrified of the reaction they would recieve from her family. They hadn't even been dating for more than a year and Amelia was already pregnant.

"I love that idea and I just know my parents will as well." Isabel said softly, smiling brightly at the Covington's. She was glad Dawson was elated to be spending Christmas with her family. She just couldn't help but wonder if her sister would be there or not. They hadn't spoken in quite some time but Isabel didn't dwell too much on that thought.

"What's Corpus like, Isabel?" Charles asked her curiously and got a laugh out of Isabel.

"Corpus is small. It only has one major freeway that takes your straight through the city. There isn't much to do there and it grew quite boring for me when I was seventeen." She explained simply, thinking about her city.

"Do you miss it?" Sarah asked curiously. "I heard the beaches are beautiful." She added and Isabel sighed gently.

"The beaches out on the island are nice. Whitecap is my favorite out of all the beaches. Don't go to North Beach ever or the man made ones along Ocean Drive." She explained, reminiscing back to the days she spent out in that city. She was so young and carefree. She was starting to miss the city she grew up in. "I suppose you could say I miss it. Not enough to want to move but I do miss it. It holds a lot of memories for me."

"They really can't say many negative things about it or they would be being hypocritical. I'm almost in my thirties and am stable enough to take care of a child. That's already more than any of them ever had before they had kids. But I'm the perfect one, so there's no doubt some will be disappointed at first, others will be like Bel and unable to contain their excitement. Just don't take bad reactions personally, they'll all eventually come around. They like you and love kids."

"We all have a love for our hometowns. Whether we like to admit it or not after we outgrow them. They were our first home," Charles said with a smile while the rest nodded.

"We can visit sometime if you want," Dawson suggested with a charming smile. "I would love to see it for myself. I think you're a little too unkind to the city that you grew up in. I'll need to make my own conclusions about your opinions."

Nodding at what Amelia said, Jayden checked on his chicken and sighed softly. "Okay. I'll be alright I'm just still a little worried. I know all reactions will be different and that's alright." He said softly, setting his chicken in a plate before he kissed her gently. "Was Bel excited when she got the sonogram? I have to admit I was rather excited myself." He said with a wide grin, going to sit at their dinning room table.

Isabel laughed softly at her boyfriend and nodded. "I would be willing to take you but could you survive a seven hour trip?" She asked with a knowing grin and a wink. She craved to be back in Corpus for a visit and Dawson didn't know but she did have the house there still. Her grandmas house that would forever stay in the family.

"I think the two of you going will be a great idea. I'm sure Isabel wouldn't mind showing you around."Malinda said excitedly as she finished up her dinner and Isabel nodded. "I wouldn't mind at all." The journalist responded softly.

"You shouldn't be worried, either way, I don't care what they think. We have this under control," she reminded him gently, smiling brightly at the mention of Bel. "Of course she was. She wanted me to pass the message that she's Team Girl." Amelia was always grateful to Isabel for supporting her in all the places life took her, but it was even more so now. She needed to be reminded in the end, this was an exciting occasion and the right people would see it as such. "Did you tell Nick yet? You know Lauren is dying having to keep this secret from him and he's beginning to wonder why I turn down all his wine bribes to hang out with him," Amelia said with a laugh.

"Why do it in seven hours when I can do it in way less?" Dawson replied with a smirk. "I told you I only had one plane, I didn't specify which one is mine, You just have to trust me to get us there in one piece."

"That could be risky," Luke teased. "How does she know you will?"

"Don't listen to him, Bel, I had you on a horse a few hours ago and you're still in one piece after that. I'm a great cowboy but I'm an even better pilot. Everyone at this table knows that's not up for debate. There's a reason I'm Six."

"About that, I haven't told Nick yet but I was thinking we tell him when we invite them to dinner." Jayden said with a wide and teasing grin. He knew this secret was killing Lauren and Nick was becoming curious so he was going to settle all curiosity at the dinner. "What?" Jayden asked with a laugh. "He can wait just a little longer. I'm not sure Lauren can though." He added with another teasing laugh. Nick was going to kill him when they told him.

Laughing softly at Dawson, she shook her head before smiling at the family she was sitting with. "And there is that southern cockiness that caught my attention." She said with a smile. "I trust you entirely with my life but I think I deserve a test flight first." She said with a wink, smiling when Luke laughed.

"You sure did get yourself an interesting woman." Luke said as Sarah nodded. "Interesting as in she challenges him back." She chimed in as the entire table laughed.

"It will only take us fourty-five minutes from here to corpus then and let me be the first to tell you the airport is small. I have a friend who directs all the traffic there. I can ask him to help you out." She said with a smile, putting her elbows on the table as she rested her chin against her hands.

"You tell him when you want to, but Lauren might tell him before you do if you wait too long." Taking his fee hand Amelia chatted with Jayden while he ate his dinner. "What do you want to do tomorrow?" she asked knowing they both were off the next day and hadn't really spent a lot of time together since they had both been working to save for their future together.

"You want a test flight? We'll go after this," Dawson replied seriously. "Finish eating and we'll go." Picking up his plate from the table, he smiled at her expression. "What? Do you have plans later tonight with a hot date that I don't know about?"

"Good question. What do you want to do tomorrow?" Jayden asked Amelia, finishing his dinner happily before he bit his lip. "We could go out for a picnic." He suggested. "But it may be too cold for that. What about we go have lunch at our favorite cafe then catch a movie?" He added with a smile. He was excited to spend the day with her. They hadn't been able too in quite sometime since they were working and saving but he wanted to do whatever as long as she was with him.

Isabel was dumbfounded when Dawson offered to take her on a test flight. She was at a loss for words but laughed softly as she shrugged. "And if I did?" She asked him with a smile, finishing up her food quickly before she picked up her plate and met him in the kitchen, washing their dishes with a smile. "You're one crazy and cocky man, ya know that?" She told the pilot as she stood against the counter top, kissing him gently. "Now, let's go for that test flight." She said excitedly, following him out quickly.

"Surprise me," Amelia replied with a smile, taking his plate when he was finished and set it in the dishwasher before she went to take a shower. She needed it after the day she endured. She hoped tomorrow would be better. She didn't want to ruin her day with Jayden. He hardly ever wasn't working now, and while she admired his dedication to what he promised her for their future she missed him. She missed just spending time with him and talking like they did when they first met. They always had deep and meaningful conversations but lately they were distancing from each other in a way.

""I know I am, thanks Captain obvious, but so are you. That's why we got so well together don't ya think?" Dawson asked with a wink taking her plate from her before washing it. "But if you have a hot date for tonight I suppose I can find one too," he replied before returning her kiss. Nodding at her quest he pulled his phone out of his pocket. "I have to make the call for them to set up the plane and then we can go." Reaching for the keys to his truck he lead her out and drove out to the tarmac. "Are you ready?" He asked as he parked and led her to the plane he bought for himself. "Here she is, whatta think?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back