• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

Isabel smiled softly as she stepped out onto the tarmac, taking Dawson's hand as she laid her eyes on the beautiful plane that Dawson bought for himself. "I think she's beautiful. What I'm the world compelled you to buy yourself a plane?" She asked him with a laugh, walking closer to the plane and marveled at it. "This is no normal plane. How much did this cost ya?" She asked with surprise and shock, becoming startled when she saw someone walk out of the plane.

"Sorry to frighten ya, Miss." he said with a smile before walking over to Dawson. "She's all ready to go for y'all." The man said, who turned out to be a close friend of Dawson.

Shaking her head, Isabel smiled as they introduced themselves to each other before looking at Dawson. "You have a plane and I didn't know about this sooner. I'm offended." She said teasingly with a laugh.

"I don't know, Isabel, what compelled you to buy a camera for yourself and how much did it cost you?" Dawson threw back before he thanked Blake for his help, offering him a handshake before turning back to Bel. "You did know about the plane. I told you I had one, you just thought it was the one I fully for work. That's not my plane, I just fly it. Now, where do you want to fly so I can put in the coordinates and let traffic control know."

Isabel didn't know what to say. She had no clue where to fly to. "We could just fly to Corpus." She said with a laugh, only playing but bit her lip when he took her seriously. "Dawson no! I was just playing." She said quickly, shaking her head before she laughed. "We don't even have any clothes. I have work on Tuesday!" She squealed as she was lifted up over his shoulder and carried inside the plane. "Dawson!" She giggled before she shook her head and kissed him gently. "Besides, I don't even have my Nikon." Whispering, Isabel pulled out her phone and looked at the time. "And corpus had enough aesthetics for a Nikon."

Dawson rolled his eyes at Isabel's persistent objection and picked her up over his shoulder, sitting her in a seat gently. "You wanted a test flight, this is your test flight. Stop making excuses and remember to live in the moment. You don't need to capture them all, Whiskey. I'll make sure you get to work on Tuesday. I'll fly you there myself if I have too. Now, last chance, where do you want to go?"

"Well, I trust you enough for this flight so let's go to Corpus." Isabel said almost excitedly, kissing Dawson lovingly before he pulled away. "I love you." She whispered softly before watching him go and key in the coordinates, calling into traffic control and getting the permission he needed. Smiling Isabel relaxed in her seat, crossing her legs as she watched him closely. He was an amazing man and she couldn't believe this was happening. Before they took off, she texted Amelia quickly.

"Heading to Corpus. Dawson has kidnapped me and put me in his plane for a test flight. He's an amazing man... I really love him, Amelia."

After hitting send, Isabel put her phone on airplane mode and enjoyed the take off. She enjoyed watching Dawson fly from her seat and how focused he looked. In less than forty minutes they would be in her hometown with enough time to explore since there would still be daylight.

"That sounds amazing! I'm totally jealous! He's definitely a keeper, enjoy the flight and Corpus," Amelia replied from her bed with a content sigh. She loved how well Dawson treated Isabel. Her best friend deserved it. While Amelia knew that was hard for Isabel to acknowledge she was thankful Dawson was a part of Isabel's life now and would give her all the things she needed in a relationship. Setting the phone on the nightstand to charge, Amelia curled into her usual ball with Chloe at her feet and started to fall asleep. It was only seven but the journalist needed her sleep, as much as it annoyed her,because she wanted to spend the evening with Jayden she gave into her impending exhaustion.

Dawson loved flying. Even though it was only a short distance to where the couple was going, this was Dawson's stress relief. He loved the feeling of being in control and gliding through the sky. The sense that now a lot of people did what he did gave him a cocky pride. When they arrived, Dawson made the landing as smooth as possible and turned to Isabel. "Does it look familiar?"

Isabel smiled as she watched out the plane and saw the land and clouds beneath them. She loved flying and the feeling of adrenaline and peacefulness she got from it. It was always a relaxing time and getting to watch Dawson do what he did best made this trip even better. Isabel felt nerves and excitement rushing through her body as she looked at the city she called home for eighteen years of her life. Looking up at Dawson, she smiled and nodded. "Very familiar. Hasn't change one bit." She said softly, standing up and going to the cockpit, smiling as she watched Dawson finish what he needed to. "You're an amazing man, Six." She whispered as she leaned against a wall.

"Why? Because I just became your new airline chariot?" The pilot asked with a smile before he finished his post flying procedures and stood up. Walking over to Isabel, he rested his hands on her waist. "I'm just kidding, I'm glad you think I'm amazing," he said with over dramatic flattery, before he pulled her into a kiss. Her lips were soft and sweet and Dawson enjoyed the feeling of his lips pressed to hers. When they pulled away, he rested his forehead to hers and moved a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "Welcome home."

"It's good to be home. I haven't been here in around nine years." She whispered softly, kissing him lovingly. She loved showering him in love because he deserved it and when she pulled away, she grabbed his hands and sighed contently. "Let's go. I'm hungry and I know just the place to take you." She said with a bright smile, walking out with him and took in a deep breath as she looked at the tarmac then walked into the airport, walking out and grabbing a taxi to take them to get a rental vehicle. Thanking the people at the rental place, she went to their Mustang and grinned. "What a beauty. Let's go." The excitement was oozing out of the journalist and when they arrived to executive surf club, she got out quickly and pulled Dawson in. "This place has some of the best food with amazing vibes." She explained to Dawson.

Attachments

• IMG_7079.JPG
    IMG_7079.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
"Was the food I made it good enough for you?" Dawson teased before he took her hand and let her lead the way. He was excited to be here with her. Shaking his head at the rental car she chose but admired its beauty. He pretended like her flashiness was too much for him but in actuality, her need to have luxury amused him because he was the same way. They were two carvings of the same wood. When they arrived, Dawson was quick to jump around to her side and grab her door before he took her hand again, smiling at her explanation. "Oh really?" He asked intrigued.

"Yes really." She said happily, walking in happily with the man who made her happy and went to the register where they order. She looked up at the surf board that hung above the register and had all the items the surf club could make. "What do you want?" She asked him as she settled for the water wings as usual and smiled but bit her lip when she saw Adan.

"Isabel, you look great. It's been a long time." He said softly, ignoring Dawson completely.

"It's been a very long time but thank you." Isabel said softly, smiling as she felt Dawson wrap an arm around her waist. "This is Dawson, my boyfriend." Smiling when the men shook hands, she ordered her food quickly.

"I'm sad I never gave you the chance." Adan said and this caused a laugh to come out of Isabel before she grabbed hers and Dawson's cups and sighed.

"I'm not. I have Dawson now and he's all I'll ever need but I am sorry you got engaged at eighteen only to get it called off the next year." She said rather sarcastically, shrugging her shoulders before she walked to a table with Dawson and smiled at his expression. "Corpus is small and the place nobody who grew up here leaves. You'll probably meet a lot of people here who know me and still have strong opinions on me." She explained softly.

Dawson watched the man approach, at first he thought nothing of it, still holding Isabel's hand while they ordered their food. It wasn't until Dawson heard the man call out to Isabel that Dawson became confused and naturally over protective. He didn't like the tone Adan was using, and he definitely didn't like what he was implying. Grabbing a hold of Isabel's waist, he displayed dominance in this subtle manner, only offering Adan his hand to avoid conflict. He noticed Adan's handshake was weak and Dawson had to his back his laugh at this as he offered a nod, not trusting himself to speak. He continued to stand there with his arm still wrapped around Isabel while he listened to the conversation, hiding the shock on his face when he witnessed how aggressive the journalist could get. He wasn't surprised by this, it was just intimidating to witness. Walking away with her, Dawson sat down across from her and let his eyes go wide before nodding at her explanation. "I see that," he replied carefully. "I didn't like him."

Laughing softly, Isabel sighed gently as she held his hands. "I know you didn't. I was an idiot for liking him back in high school." She said with a shrug, noticing how he looked at her. "I'm sorry. That's a side you've never seen from me.." she said softly, biting her lip as she pulled away her hands and rubbed her elbow awkwardly. "And I hope you never see that again." She added with a nervous laugh, sighing softly before sipping her tea. "I'm sorry that's the first thing that happened when we got here." She said to him gently. "We can go to the beach after this. The real one all the way on the other side of town. It'll be fun."

Last edited:
"Awe, hun, I'm flattered. Are you apologizing to a Texan for acting Texan? That's true love," Dawson said in a chuckle, barring his eyes in flattery to lighten the mood. "You don't have to apologize to me, I thought it was quite hilarious,actually. I had an overwhelming moment of pride watching you put someone in their place. You're a remarkable woman." Looking to her with a bright expression while he sipped his tea, keeping his gaze on her while he did it. "The beach it is. You're in charge of this tour, I was just in charge of flying us here. I left the hard part for you."

Isabel smiled as she eyed the man in front of her, taking his hands in hers and sighed contently. "You would take pride in me putting someone in their place." She said with a laugh, her smile never fading. "I would have to say flying here is the hard part. We'll go to the beach then head to my house after." She said simply, looking confused at Dawson's curious expression. "Oh right, you didn't know about this. I have a house here. It was my grandparents and got passed to me. No one lives in it so it's all vacant and waiting for us." Giggling excitedly, she happily began to eat the wings that were brought to her. "Mm, I've missed this." She hummed happily.

"You and Amelia are so fancy with your multiple houses? I take it journalists can't be content with living in one place?" he teased before he heard her say she missed being here. "I'm glad you can admit you miss the place that you seem to deny all the time. I never understood it but after that encounter, now I get it. How's your food?" the pilot asked contently sipping his tea again. As always, Dawson was going to be upset when his time with Isabel came to an end. After being together for eight months now, he could imagine himself coming home excitedly every night knowing she would be there to greet him after his long days. He was comforted by this thought and wanted it to become a reality.

Isabel smiled gently at Dawson as she nodded. "My food is amazing as always." She said contently as she continued to eat her wings happily. "How about you?" She asked him curiously, stealing some fries from him with a laugh. "When we get into the city, you're going to realize how small it is. The beach is pretty decent though. Just a lot of seaweed." She explained happily, yawning as she continued eating. She loved this time she got to spend with Dawson and she really didn't want him to leave her again for his shows. She wanted to be able to just go home and cook dinner for him so he could have food when he got home. It was an exciting thought and she couldn't wait for that forever.

"There ain't nothing wrong with a small city, I'm sure the beach is nice, I'll take your word for it." Offering a wink he finished his meal and chatted with her while she did the same. Taking her hand again when they stood up to leave. "Lead the way hometown girl," the pilot teased before helping her into the car. "First impression: Fair." He announced, checking the time on his watch before they continued on. "We have a few hours before commercial flights have the right away on the runway for red eye flights my love," he said gently. "What we do in that time is up to you."

"I wish we didn't have to leave." Isabel said softly as she bit her lip, sighing before she drove off to the beach. "I wish we had more time here. You won't be able to see everything." She said with a pouting expression, singing along while dancing to the country music that blasted through the speakers. When they made it over the little bridge and out on the island, she held Dawson's hand. "This is the island. It's super far but small and pretty. If we turn here we would end up in Port A but we're not going there, especially because the ferry is closed right now." She said softly, turning on the second street and made way out to Whitecap beach. The smiled on her face didn't leave as they stepped out and she hummed contently. "And here is one of the decent beaches. This is Whitecap and the one I usually came to."

"I wouldn't mind staying. You're the one that has to be to work on Tuesday," Dawson reminded her softly, smiling as he watched her dance. She was adorable. Listening to her explain, he took her hand when they arrived st the beach, taking a moment to enjoy the fresh air and the scenery that accoanied it. "I can appreciate this. It's nice. I'm sure you had some fun here when you were younger." By now, the sun was in the lower end of setting and Dawson enjoyed watching it happen. He was a sucker for living in the simplest of moments. After what happened to Josie, he realized those were the most important and often times, people spent too much time living in their own worlds they didn't take the time to appericate them until they were over and unable to be appericated to the fullest extent now because memory tends to fade with time.

Isabel smiled gently as she took in the scenery and nodded. "Yeah, I did have some fun down here. Went to a couple of bonfires and left one when things got too crazy." She said with a laugh, watching the sunset as she stood there with Dawson. It wasn't too cold in Corpus. It was only sixty-three degrees but it was tolerable. No one was out on the beach because hardly anyone came out during the winter. After spending as much time as she could on the beach with Dawson, she took his hand and pulled him close, kissing him gently. "Thank you for bringing us, even if only for a few hours." She said gently, smiling at him with love and adoration. "I hope you enjoyed our little trip."

"I always enjoy my time with you, but we can go wherever you want when we both have more time. I promise," she whispered reassuringly while he held her in his arms, swaying with the light breeze, humming a soft melody to her while they swayed. "Where do you want to go next time?" he asked as he watched her eyes light up at the question. "Uh oh, I think I might have just gotten myself into some trouble," he commented in fake nervousness before he laughed at himself.

"Seattle." Isabel said simply wth a bright smile, swaying happily with the man that stole and now has her heart. He was so sweet and Isabel loved ever trait of him. She loved how they were both so humble but loved to live in luxury. It was something Isabel always wanted for herself but she was still humble because of the roots she had growing up. At Dawson's impressed expression at her suggestion, she laughed softly and smiled. "Would you believe it if I told you Seattle has always been my dream city and I've never been?" She asked him curiously. "I've never been there or LA for that matter. Nothing on that coast line."

"You're definitely missing out then. I like that coast a little bit better but that's between you and me, okay?" When she agreed in her usual carefree giggle, Dawson kissed her. "Seattle it'll be then," he agreed. "But for now Cinderella, I have to get you close to home before your evil editors found out I stole you for the weekend, taking you out of their greedy grips," he teased, wrinkling his nose playfully.

Her giggles lit up the scene as she smiled at her boyfriend and nodded. "Sadly, I must go back to being their slave." She teased before she sighed gently. "I've been wanting to start freelancing. The idea of that just scares me. I don't feel like I'll make it." She explained, biting her lip before she shook her head. "Amelia gets mad and says I should've freelanced already but I don't know. Something is just holding me back." Shrugging she held her prince charming's hand before she started walking back to the Mustang with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back