• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

"For the holidays? It was rare." Jayden said softly with a shrug of his shoulders, following her into the fall section while pushing the basket. "It's okay though. Promise." He reassured his girlfriend happily, kissing her cheek at her excitement to decorate. "I want to give you full range because you deserve it and know best when it comes to decorating for fall." He said with a chuckle, watching her eyes light up when he gave her full range. He enjoyed the smell of cinnamon and grabbed a candle for the living so it could smell like this. He liked the aroma and atmosphere of fall and he didn't want it to go away so he was excited to decorate with Amelia. "Teach me how to decorate for this time of year. What's the most essential thing about fall?"

"It's in your hand," she said with a smile. "But you'll need this one too," she said picking up the candle that smelled like apples and brown sugar. "Next you need neutrals with pops of orange and red." Picking up multiple bags of assorted leaves, the journalist threw them in the chart before she moved on to the cute decorative signs with cute sayings, picking all the ones that would already match the colors in Jayden's living room, laughing at the door hanger she came across. "Here ya go, babe," she said holding up the sign that read "Happy fall y'all." Laughing at his expression of hestiency. "I don't know how this got here, we ain't in the south but I love it." she said grabbing it and holding it to her chest as they walked so Jayden couldn't put it back when she wasn't looking. Picking up wooden hangings in the shape of pumpkins she smiled, "These are so cute! We should paint them with our intials and hang them on the door."

When Dawson woke, he was upset that he didn't find Isabel next to him. Releasing a yawn, he laid there for a moment and wiped the sleep from his eyes, attempting to overcome his grogginess before he got up. Hearing the tv in the living room, he smiled, now knowing where his love wandered off to. A few minutes later, he made his way out to where he found her sitting and fretted her with a wide grin. "Good morning, sweet thing."

Jayden as amused by The excitement and happiness the fall season seemed to bring Amelia. He knew how much she loved Thanksgiving and watching her pick decoration excitedly made him happy. He didn't necessarily agree with the wooden sign she was now carrying, however. He still hadn't gotten used to the southern way of life but he knew eventually it would all rub off in him. "I like that idea. Yours and mine, and maybe this is how we gender reveal." He suggested with a wink. "Once we know the gender, we can put the baby's initials." Smiling, he continued to follow Amelia around before he smiled at the acorns and grabbed a bag, laughing at her curious expression. "They make nice decor. I have a bowl we can put them in with some leaves to put on the coffe table." He explained softly, slowly getting the hang of this.

"Well good morning to you, handsome." Isabel said with a gentle smile, continuing to sip on her coffe happily as she stayed curl in a ball. "I assume you slept well. I realized I didn't have any food in the fridge so I figured we could grab some tacos." She suggested before she kissed him gently, smiling as the kiss deepened and she set the coffee on the table next to them before she made way in his lap. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she sighed contently and played with his hair. "This trip has been relaxing. I think it's something we both needed."

Amelia smiled at his suggestion, it was cute how he was thinking ahead. "It'll be too late for these then, we still have awhile but we can still do something just as cute. We'll make him or her one next year." Amelia reassured Jayden, nodding at his slow attempt to help her decorate. "Okay, we can do that if you want, I like how you're thinking. Maybe you're a natural born decorator." By the time they finished it might have looked to an on looker that the couple bought almost the whole assortment of what was in the stir but Amelia didn't care. She was excited to get home and decorate before Dawson and Isabel arrived for the holiday. "Where to now?" Amelia asked curiously as she helped put their purchases in the car.

Pulling away from the deep kiss, Dawson has to restrain himself from forcing Isabel by to pull away. Clearing his throat awkwardly he nodded, running his own fingers through his hair. "I agree, but you can't keep doing that!" He exclaimed in frustration. He knew she liked to tease and pull him into deep moments of intimacy before pulling away. "It's not fair, you're testing my gentlemen limits and I don't like it," he whined, crossing his arms, looking at her, his eyes full of lust.

Jayden enjoyed the shopping adventure the couple had at the home decor store. It was certainly going to be fun once they arrived back home and began decorating. His house was really going to be in full spirit of fall and Thanksgiving. It was something new but also something exciting for the police officer. After loading all the bags into his car, he smiled at Amelia's question. "Now we go for lunch then start a list for Christmas presents. I know that's not what's Christmas is about but our friends do deserve a nice little gift." He said with a smile. "I reserved a table for us at our favorite restaurant for lunch. It'll be nice to just sit and enjoy each other's company since we haven't been able to in awhile." Pulling out of the parking space and heading to their favorite restaurant, Jayden's free hand never let go of Amelia's.

Giggling softly at the pilot, Isabel smiled as she stayed sitting in his lap, her hands running through his hair. "I'm sorry that it bothers you." She said with a grin before she kissed him once more, deeper than the first. She let her robe fall off and bit her lip. "I love you." She whispered softly into his ear, the lust he had also consuming her expression. She wasn't going to pull away anymore. She needed him just as much as he needed her.

"Food sounds good, I'm hungry," Pulling out her paper again, Amelia titled the next list for their gift ideas, writing down all the suggestions Jayden mentioned as they rode to the restaurant. "You're good at this," Amelia complimented, clicking the pen and putting it away for now. "I know this is silly, but I'm nervous to tell Nick tonight." In a soft sigh Amelia thought about why she was even though she knew Nick would take it rather well. She was just was empathetic and worried about Nick's feelings when it came to being with his best friend, and now altering their future. "I know he'll be okay with it, but it still makes me anxious."

(I'm not replying here bc we all know what happens. Be smarter than the above couple and be safe about who's bouts are about to go under your bed.)

Jayden sighed softly as he looked at Amelia and shook his head. "Amelia, it's going to be alright. Trust me." He whispered softly, kissing her cheek. "He'll understand all the decisions we've made and he will not be angry with you." He added before parking when they arrived to the restaurant, getting out of the car before he went to her side and opened her door, taking the journalist's hand before he lead her into the restaurant and go their booth. "Have you thought about how you'll reveal the gender to Bel?" He asked softly, smiling at her before snapping a picture of her, chuckling at how adorable she looked. "Also, can I just say I'm jealous of Dawson because he has his own plane?" As the officer laughed he smiled when Amelia did as well.

After the very heated moment between Isabel and Dawson, she laid in her bed, legs draped over the pilot as she rested her head against his chest, smiling at his heartbeat. "So much for getting some breakfast." She said teasingly, laughing softly before she closed her eyes and found herself falling asleep. She was comfortable wrapped up with Dawson and frankly didn't want to get out of bed just yet. She grew tired and when she woke, she smiled before kissing Dawson gently. "I'm starving." She said with a gentle laugh.

At Jayden's question, Amelia laughed nervously. "About that, there's going to be nothing to tell because I told her she could come with us when we find out because of how I kept it from her. It's the only thing that would make up for it. But she is my best friend, and I do want her there, it would mean a lot to me if she came. As for being like Dawson m, you don't even have s license to fly, what the heck would you do with a plane?"

After their moment, Dawson held Isabel close against his chest while he slowed his breathing, chucking at her comment while he ran his finger through her hair. "Opps." It wasn't until he felt her breathing match his own that Dawson realized Isabel had fallen asleep. Following in her in pursuit, Dawson took his own nap, groaning when the journalist woke him with a kiss. His sleep was still pleasing to him. When Isabel pulled her lips away from his, Dawson smirked stbher comment. "I bet you are, what do you want for lunch?"

Laughing, Jayden smiled before he ordered a Coke to drink and looked at Amelia. "I know I don't have a license to fly, I'm just saying I wish I did. He's able to take Isabel anywhere she wants. What a spoiled girlfriend." He said teasingly. Jayden had always made the remark of Isabel being spoiled when they were together and he knew she didn't mind. "But I'm glad Bel's coming. She's going to be nice company for when we go find out and she'll be the most excited for the gender I think. I mean I'll be super excited no matter the gender but her finally knowing it means she gets to shop more."

Isabel smiled as she stayed against Dawson and shrugged her shoulders. "I'm not entirely sure. We can go get some Chinese food or Mexican food. If you still want to try out Milpas we can." She said softly, yawning before she sat up and wrapped herself under the comforter. "Anything works for me at this point and location. You name what you feel like eating and I'll know where to take us." Kissing his cheek she stood up and went to shower so she could get dressed. The moment they spent in the morning was unexpected but thrilling and the smile wouldn't leave Isabel's expression.

Amelia giggled at Jayden calling Isabel spoiled. "I know she is spoiled. I'm jealous but she deserves it. It makes me happy that Dawson can literally give her the world. I love them and I'm excited to see what the future holds for them. Don't encourage her shopping though, she'll go more than crazy."

Once the couple was showered and we'll put together, Dawson stuck with the original suggestion of Mexican food, and once they were sitting down and enjoying their lunch, Dawson smiled over to the photojournalist. "So I know we're doing Thanksgiving with Amelia and Jayden, but what we need to bring?"

Smiling a Jayden nodded at Amelia's request. "I believe she can. I think it'll be cute to see her interact with our child once he or she is born though. She's such a gentle soul but she's also very feisty and sassy." He added with a chuckle, sighing contently before he ordered a plate of chicken alfredo. He and Amelia enjoyed this restaurant because it had a vast variety of food but it all tasted so good. "I love you, Amelia. You know that right?" He asked the journalist softly, taking her hands in his and gave them a gentle squeeze. "And I promise I will never leave you unless it's something you want."

"Good question. Jayden never mentioned what we needed to bring. I would love to make a brisket though. One in the roaster with some Italian dressing just like my mom made it." She said with a bright smile, remembering all the flavor the dressing added to the brisket. "Amelia is making all the deserts. I just requested a pecan pie and some cinnamon rolls. Can you think of anything else?" She asked Dawson curiously, happily sipping her tea.

"That's my best friend," Amelia agreed proudly, her smile turning to a frown as Jayden's conversation took a drastic turn. It worried her. What was he thinking about? Why was he thinking if? Taking a deep breathe to avoid her incoming panic, Amelia looked to him with a worried expression, but it wasn't until she saw his expression that she realizes why he said it. "Jayden, my love, I would never want you to leave me. Stop thinking that. You will always be important to me. I love you, please know that means I'm never going to stop and I will always put you before myself because that's what I do for the people I love. I was just teasing about Bel and Dawson. I'm not jealous of her, at all. Okay?" she asked gently. "I'm not going to ever leave you to feel alone and thinking I don't love you. The thought honestly disgusts me. You are a priority and that's never going to change, even when we disagree. I know you're not used to this, but it's your reality. I am your family now, and real family doesn't turn their backs on one another. I'm sorry that's what you had to grow up with and that's what I chose to walk away from, but this is different. I promise. My life wouldn't be the same without you in it and I need you, you are the father to my child and I don't take that lightly. I want you to be there for both of us, forever. I know it was sudden, but you're doing a great job of taking care of us so far."

"I'm sure Amelia plans on making more than just what you requested and more than just desserts. Did you see how much food her family makes for gatherings? It's overwhelming," Dawson said with a chuckle. "We can ask Amelia, she would know. I'm sure she plans to make this a big occasion since Jayden had never really gotten the experience" Dawson said sadly, shaking his head at the thought. "We'll make sure it happens but I'm sure they're even more excited for next holiday season, by then they'll have your niece or nephew. That'll be cute."

Jayden smiled sweetly as he listened to everything Amelia had to say. He didn't think she would figure out why he said what he did but her words were reassurance that things were different now. Squeezing her hands he smiled weakly as his eyes glistened with tears that threatened to fall but never did. "Oh Amelia. I love you with all my heart. I'm glad you're my family now. You and or child. He or she is going to be so loved." He said with a smile, kissing both her hands before he released a deep breath he didn't even know he was holding. "Thank you for showing me what being a family really is and allowing me to be apart of yours. I know a child wasn't planned but I'm excited to have a family of my own and I promise I won't ever abandon them like I was abandoned." He added gently before changing the subject to Thanksgiving. He figured that was enough sad talk for their lunch. "What are we cooking for thanksgiving exactly?" He asked curiously.

"I know. I can't wait myself!" Isabel stated excitedly before laughing gently at Dawson's shake of his head. "What? I promise I won't go too crazy buying him or her things." She said with a grin, sipping on her tea happily before she yawned. "What're you getting? This is one of the best places to grub on some Mexican food, you know that. There ain't nothing like this up in the DFW area and that saddens the Mexican in me." She continued to look over the menu before the owner of the restaurant walked over and the two caught up, speaking in Spanish before she introduced Dawson. "This is the owner of the restaurant." She said gently, smiling when the two shook hands and said goodbye when Gloria walked away.

Watching Jayden's eyes brim with tears broke Amelia's heart but she cleared her throat to avoid her own tears and in turn laughed at his change of subject. "Oh Jayden, you're clueless, I love it. Don't worry about it, I have it handled." Enjoying their lunch together, Amelia held Jayden's hand the whole time and when they finished she rushed him home excitedly to start the decorating endeavor. Setting the two candles they picked out on the table, Amelia lit them to set the vibe. Next, she exchanged all the pillows on the couch for the seasonal ones they just bought and went to decorate the fireplace while she left Jayden to start painting their pumpkins. Meanwhile, Chloe sat on the couch curiously, watching Amelia dance around excitedly to Christmas music.

Despite Isabel's insistence she wouldn't go insane, Dawson knew better than to accept that as the truth. From the moment she would find out the gender she would be on a shopping frenzy. "That's what you say now, but babies are irresistible," Dawson said with a wink before he shrugged at her question. "Surprise me and pick for me," he said daringly before smiling over to Gloria and shaking her hand. Once she walked away, the pilot turned back to Isabel, "So, what's for lunch?"

Last edited:
Jayden was happy and excited to be with Amelia at their house, watching her decorate the house happily and excitedly. Christmas music was always something he enjoyed and he hummed along with the songs gently while painting their pumpkins and watching Amelia. "These pumpkins are going to be cute." He said with a smile as he continued to paint them and set them aside to dry. "So this is what decorating for the holidays is like, huh? If you go all out like this for Thanksgiving, I can only imagine what Isabel does to her house for Christmas." He remembered Christmas was Isabel's favorite holiday and he just knew her apartment would be full of nothing but with the spirit of Christmas. It was amazing for Jayden to finally get to know what the holidays should be like and would continue to be like from now on.

Grinning, Isabel closed the menu. "Carne guisada for me and did you the Texas plate. It comes with two enchiladas and some carne guisada along with rice and beans. I think it's the best of both worlds but I personally cannot finish it." She said with a smile before giving their waitress the order and happily ate the tortilla chips and salsa they brought them. "I haven't had Mexican in forever." She said with a laugh, smiling contently.

Walking over, Amelia gasped in delight at the superior job Jayden did on painting. "I didn't know I had an artist on my hands," she said, kissing his cheek. "I love them, they're cute!" Giggling at his question. "This is it, but don't think because Christmas isn't my favorite that I'm any less crazy decorating for it. It's still an important holiday." Going back to what she was doing, Amelia turned back to Jayden when she finished. "What do you think? Do you like it?" She asked, anxious for his reaction. She wanted it to be perfect for Jayden, that was just part of her nature.

"Sounds good to me," Dawson easily agreed before he helped devour the chips and salsa. "Well you're having it now, so your soul will be cleansed." Chuckling at her expression towards his reply. He was enjoying this time with the love of his life, he wasn't looking forward to going back to work later on in the week. When he left her now, it held like he was leaving a piece of himself behind and he hated feeling this way.

Jayden admired how well Amelia decorated the house for the fall and most importantly, Thanksgiving. It was amazing how much she adored the holiday and with a smile, he nodded happily. "I love it, Amelia. So much. I love the smell and the atmosphere you created. Thanksgiving is going to be fun and one I won't forget. Thank you." He said appreciatively, hugging her gently before he kissed her lovingly. "I adore you, Amelia Carson. I can't wait to give you your surprise but later." He said with a grin and laughed at her pouting expression.

Isabel didn't want Dawson to go back to work but knew he had to. She didn't wish he had to go back considering he just finished his shows. "Do you have to go back to work?" She asked him with a sigh, bitting her lip before she sipped her tea again. "I wish you didn't have too but I understand. When do your shows start again?" She asked him curiously, hoping he would be home for her birthday because she didn't want a piece of her missing.

"Stop teasing me with it then!" Amelia exclaimed pouting at Jayden, before pulling him back into a hug. "Is it another puppy?!" Laughing st his shake of the head she kissed his cheek before going to find something to snack on before dinner. Deciding on some fruit, she sat at the table and ate it while they chatted. When she finished, she went to get dressed for dinner, she became upset however when she discovered she couldn't fit in her favorite dress."and so it begins," she whispered to herself, walking out to Jayden in displeasure. "I don't like this," she pouted again. "How am I supposed to be a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding now?" She asked, making the realization that by then it would be impossible to hide their secret considering Emily had to pick a tight style dress. "If I take it to get altered she'll get suspicious, and it's not going to look cute," she said trying not to panic about the whole thing. She knew now, she didn't have a choice but to tell her sister because there was no solution to this problem. Despite her frustration, she caught Jayden looking at her. "What?" she asked in a frustrated huff. "I know it sounds stupid but it's important."

"Shows aren't for awhile, but I still have other things to do, love. We won't worry about it for now though." Taking her hand he squeezed it. "I'm excited to spend our first set of holidays with you. It'll be unforgettable in the least. I know you just decided, but when do you plan on telling everyone about your freelancing decision?"

Last edited:
Jayden couldn't stop the chuckle from escaping his mouth when he listened to the journalist panic about her dress no longer fitting her. "Shh, love. We'll just have to tell Emily. I'm sure she'll understand and become ecstatic that she's getting a niece or nephew. As for your dress right now, I'm sorry it doesn't fit but you do have other dresses you look stunning in. Let's try one of those for tonight." He said happily, kissing her forehead before watching her walk off to her room. When she walked back out he was dressed in a pair of slacks and a nice navy button down shirt. He was fixing his cuffs when he saw her walk out. "Now, I have something to add to the beautiful outfit you have chosen." He said softly, pulling out a blue velvet box and opened it to reveal a beautiful charm bracelet. "I'll continue adding charms to it but so far it has a notepad because you're a journalist, a badge because I'm an officer. The others are rather self explanatory." Placing the bracelet on Amelia's wrist, he smiled as he admired it. Accompanying the two main charms were a mother charm, and a cherry blossom charm. The newest one he added was a pumpkin charm to symbolize their first Thanksgiving together.

"The holidays are going to be a lot of fun with you, Six." She said with a content smile, squeezing his hand as well before she thought about what he said. She hadn't decided when she wanted to let others know of her decision to freelance. She knew she would have to tell Amelia first and soon. "I'm going to tell Amelia soon. She and Jayden have dinner with Nick and Lauren tonight so I'll probably tell her tomorrow. As for the others, I'm not entirely sure when I want to tell them." She said with a shrug, sighing contently when their food arrived. "Man, this looks amazing." She said before she began to tear her tortilla and eat the carne guisada happily.

Exaggerating a sigh, Amelia agreed. "Fine," she whispered before walking back into the room to change again. She didn't want to tell her sister. Jayden's hope that she would take it well was sweet but Amelia knew her sister would give her the hardest time. Walking back out in a flowy black and white stripped dress, Amelia was outing in the back to her earring when Jayden approached her. "Jayden, you didn't have to," she said as she watched him clasp the bracelet around her wrist. Lifting it she admired the charms and pulled him into a kiss. "It's cute. I love it, thank you," she whispered, taking his hand and grabbing her wallet. "Are you ready?" Amelia was still nervous to face Nick tonight but she acted as though it didn't bother her.

Attachments

• IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 5
"Yes, I'm ready. You look stunning in that dress." He said softly, kissing her cheek happily. "And your bracelet matches perfectly." He added with a wink, taking her hand after putting a jacket on her so she wouldn't get too cold. He did the same for himself and walked out to the car, opening her door for her to get in before closing it and going around happily. He was excited to spend the night with some great friends but he knew Amelia was nervous about telling Nick. Taking her hand the entire time he drove, Jayden sighed softly. "You'll be okay, Melia. Nick isn't going to be upset. If anything he'll be excited and happy." He reassured the journalist, squeezing her hand before they arrived at the restaurant and he parked. "Ready?" He asked her softly, getting out to take her hand and go inside.

"As I'll ever be." Following him inside, Amelia kept her grip on Jayden's hand while they went to find the table their friends already reserved. Waking up to Lauren first, Amelia hugged her, laughing when she asked if she was alright. "I'm fine," she reassured her happily before she went to give Nick a hug."What's up stranger? How are you?" she asked before the four of them took their seats. "Are you too busy working to become a deceive to say hi to me?" Amelia teased, distracting herself from her nerves.

Nick laughed at the journalist as he shook his head and sighed softly. "No, Amelia. I feel bad I haven't made time to go over and say hi. Work has just been chaotic. Especially with that one over there taking time off." Nick teased as Jayden chuckled before looking at Amelia and Lauren. He could see in both their eyes they wanted to tell Nick already and Jayden wasn't sure why he was nervous about telling his best friend now. "Nick, I have news." He said softly, looking at Amelia before he continued. "Amelia is pregnant." He said quickly and awaited a reaction. When Nick's face held excitement, it was a relief for everyone else at the table. "A baby huh? I would've never thought y'all would have one first." Nick teased with a laugh.

"That makes two of us," Amelia replied with a soft smile, setting her napkin in her lap. "So you can blame me for all the time off." With a wink, Amelia breathed a heavy sigh of relief that was over, except it wasn't. A majority still didn't have a clue, they still thought Amelia was going to start her position as a correspondent. When Nick asked how far along she was, Amelia tucked her tongue into her cheek, she didn't want to sell out Jayden for keeping the secret but their was no honest way to avoid the question so she answered before ordering a water when the waiter made his way over. "Ten weeks," she said softly, watching the gaze move to Jayden as Nick began to realize the gravity of the situation, his fingertips tapping on the table. "I'm happy for you, but what about Greece?" Nick asked Amelia, his gaze remaining a glare towards Jayden, remembering the discussion they had about not making him chose between the two because he would pick Amelia, he still had feelings for her that probably would always be there, even though he came to terms that they would never be a couple. "I'm not going, but that was my decision," she said watching uncomfortably as the men stared each other down. Nick knew Greece was Amelia's dream and he was slightly upset that she gave it up.Eventually, Nick pulled his glare away from Jayden and turned to Amelia with a smile. "I'm sure you'll get to go eventually, don't give up on the dream." Amelia just nodded not wanting to debate it, sensing the tension in the air but she wasn't sure why there was. A few minutes later, when Jayden excised himself from the table, kissing Amelia's cheek, Nick followed after, the two women at the table watching the officers leave in curiosity. Once out of earshot, Nick returned his glare towards Jayden. "Really?" He asked in irritation, shaking his head. "I know you had to think at least for a second I would think you're taking things too fast with her. What did I tell you?" Nick asked rubbing his face with his hands, holding up a hand at Jayden's defense. "Do you love her?" Nick asked bluntly, repeating himself at Jayden's expression. "Do you love her or dog ou just feel obligated to stay with her? I'm asking, seriously, do you love her so much you can see yourself being with her the rest of your life? I need to know how much you love her because that woman, deserves nothing less than extraordinary love and if you're just trying to make it work and you don't know how you feel yet, I'm going to be pissed, Jayden. She's not the kind of woman you just chart the waters with. She's not Julie. So if you don't know, you need to tell her."

Jayden knew by the flares the two were exchanging, what they had just revealed to Nick wasn't going to blow over easy. The tension in the air was becoming too much and too thick rather fast. After excusing himself, Jayden sighed as he listened to Nick and was appalled that he even thought for the slightest he didn't love the journalist that was back at that table. "I love her, Nick. More than anything in this world. Her and our child that she is carrying are my family, something I never had the pleasure of having. You know that. What pisses me off is that you think I don't knew where my feelings lie with her. I know she deserves the world. I try my hardest to give it to her and I apologized several times for what's happened. I even tried to get her to go to Greece still but she won't budge. We're moving fast, yes. This wasn't intentional but I'm not upset about it. Amelia has shown me so many things no one else could and has really made me feel apart of something. Apart of a family. I will spend the rest of my life with her. I already promised not to leave and she did the same." The officer huffed before he sighed and ran his hand through his hair, trying to calm the anger and displeasure boiling inside of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back