• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

"I was just making sure," Nick replied defensively, watching his best friend strain the tendons in his forearm to hold his anger. "I just want her to be treated no less than what she deserves, I never said you werent capable, I just didn't know how you really felt for her. I would hope that you do love her since she is giving you a child. That's a big step for her and you know it." Nick saidto Jayden, the hairs on his arms sticking up when he watched a suspicious man walk past, his eyes going wide when he realized who it was. This was the man he and the department had been hunting for weeks after he committed multiple shootings in the D.C. Area. Before Nick could fully comprehend it though he watched Jayden make a run for Amelia and heard shots go off. Panicking for a second, Nick's eyes darted in different directions before he gained control of his thought again, he pulled his weapon and approached the man from the side as he continued to fire off shots. It wasn't until Nick saw the attacker aim in the direction of Jayden who was now bear hugging Amelia, that Nick did the only thing he could think to do, placing himself in front of the man'd line of fire and shooting in return, but not before he himself hit the ground, hearing the pop and a shot of pain surge through his right side. The screams of panick filling the room.

Last edited:
Everything that happened seemed to occur in slow motion. For Jayden it wasn't processing fast enough with what was happening. He recognized the face just as quick as Nick did and he ran to Amelia as fast as he could. Bear hugging the journalist, he watched the man's line of fire aim at them and when he saw Nick run in front of them, the officer felt his heart beating fast against his chest. "Wells!" He exclaimed, watching him hit the ground before he grabbed his weapon, aiming at the man who was still trying to cause fear and shot him down. "Amelia, go with Lauren back to the house." He said seriously, watching the nurse look to Jayden with worry. "I'll get him a medic. He'll be fine. I'm calling it in but go with Amelia. We just got called into work, sadly." Jayden said with a smile, grabbing a fabric napkin from the table before he placed it where Nick was bleeding. "Dammit, Wells. Always trying to be in the line of fire. I'm calling it in. You going to be alright for now?" He asked Nick quickly, standing and calling in the incident as they waited. When the medics and backup arrived, Jayden sighed as he watched Nick get taken away on a stretcher and looked at the Chief who walked over. "Chief Flores." He said with a nod.

"Well I'm sorry you went running and have better aim" Nick shot back snarling before he looked back at Lauren and Amelia to make sure they were alright, seeing how shaken up they both were. He felt for Amelia, this was her second dangerous encounter and the last thing anyone wanted was for her to panic. When Jayden let go of Amelia, she struggled to let him go. She didn't want to leave him now. She felt unsafe after the battle she just witnessed. Shaking from fear, she shook her head at Jayden's insistence for her to go. It wasn't until Lauren pulled her away from Jayden gently she let him go. She didn't want him to stay here but she knew he didn't have a choice. She did know now, she didn't want to stay in this city any longer than she had to.

When the chief arrived, he nodded at Jayden. "Jayden, sorry to interrupt your dinner, are you alright?" The chief asked in slight concern as he watched Nick get carried off. "It looks like we have our most wanted thanks to you."

Jayden sighed as he watched Nick get out in the ambulance and shook his head. "I suppose so. It may have ruined a nice dinner but I'm glad he was finally brought down." He said softly, watching as the tape went up and he followed the Chief out, sighing softly. "I'll give my statement shortly and will help with this but after I really have to check on Amelia. She was really shaken up." He explained softly, sighing as he realized what this incident meant. Amelia wasn't going to stay her any longer than she needed to and Jayden knew he would have to tell Nick and the Chief he was leaving the force. They still needed to settle on a house but once they did Jayden wouldn't hold back on his news anymore. "I'm glad there were no injuries or casualties other than Nick."

"Amelia will be fine, she' was one of our best reporters for the station. She'll just need a few minutes to calm down. Now, you and Nick may have put a stop to this, which we are all thankful for, but I need you to finish the report after you give your statement. Nick won't be able to since it'll take awhile to get him medically cleared. I need it done so we can file the charges as soon as possible. We'll take the evidence here. Go with Miranda to give your statement. I'll see you back at the station," the chief said before walking away, not giving Jayden the time to further explain his need to get to Amelia.

"Amelia, you need to calm down," Lauren said softly taking her friend into a hug, but Amelia was too far gone, playing the scene over and over in her head, still shaking. She was having flashbacks of what happened a few months ago as well. Sighing, Lauren picked up Amelia's phone and tried to call Jayden but when he didn't answer, she looked to Amelia, remembering Isabel. Looking for her name in her phone, Lauren dialed the number and sighed in relief when she heard who she assumed to be Isabel answer the phone when she answered it as if Amelia would be on the other end. "Isabel, it's Lauren. I called because I figured you're the only one who can get Amelia to calm down since Jayden won't answer his phone. When isabel asked what happened, Lauren explained calmly, reassuring Isabel everyone was alright. "She's just really shaken up, it was a traumatic experience. Jayden threw himself into her before she could even realize what happened."

Naturally, Isabel became worried even when Lauren told her everything was fine. She knew what Amelia must have been thinking and she asked to speak to Amelia quickly, sighing softly when she refused to respond to her. "Amelia, it's me Bel. Hey, talk to me. Everything's okay, alright? Jayden's safe and so are you and the baby." She whispered softly, sighing gently. "I'm sorry Jayden isn't with you but I'm here for now. Talk to me. What's going through your head?" She said again, more gently this time around as she smiled at Dawson before assuring him everything was going to be alright.

Jayden knew Amelia really needed him and he was quick to give his statement before going back to the station, finishing the report as best and fast as he could. He needed to get to Amelia for his own sanity as well. He was worried about her and as he worked on the report, Jayden bit his lip as he noticed missed calls from his girlfriend. This wasn't an easy task for him to do when the only thing he worried about was Nick and Amelia. Both meant a great deal to him.

Wiping the tears from her eyes Amelia took the phone from Lauren and stood up, walking into Jayden's room and closing the door. She was now paranoid to go anywhere or do anything. "I'm glad we're all okay but I can't stay here anymore. I told Jayden we could leave whenever he wanted to part with his force but I can't. This has happened twice now and I don't want it to happen again." Amelia finally said with a heavy sigh before changing the subject quickly, not wanting to talk about what happened anymore. "I didn't even get dinner but I wouldn't expect a psychotic man to have the decency to let me eat before trying to take a hit at me. I was really looking forward to those chicken fajitas."

Isabel laughed softly, shaking her head at Amelia's statement with a gentle smile. "Oh Amelia. I'm sorry but I'm sure Jayden will bring you back some food." She said softly, still worried about what Amelia said. She knew Amelia needed to leave the city soon and Isabel couldn't blame her. The city was dangerous and Amelia didn't feel safe there anymore. Isabel knew Jayden would support the move.

Jayden knew what this meant for him and Amelia so after finishing the report, Jayden sighed as he walked into the chiefs office, needing to address what needed addressing. "Chief, I have something to tell you." He began. "Amelia is pregnant and I need to start focusing on our family. As of what happened today, I know she no longer feels safe in this city. This meaning she and I will be moving and I will be leaving the force." He said softly, sighing as he said it. He wasn't ready to part ways with this force but he was going to do what needed to be done for their family.

"I hope he does, I'm starving, but he got called into work so there's no telling when he'll be back,"Amelia said with a sigh. "How's your weekend? Are you having fun with your pilot?" Amwaloa asked while she changed out of her dress and into her pjs, keeping on the bracelet Jayden gave to her, admiring it because she didn't really get to before. Texting Jayden to to make sure he brought food. "Will you be home soon? Can you bring food? "

When Jayden walked into the chief's office he looked up to him respectfully, his eyes going wide at Jayden's news it wasn't something he wasn't expecting from Jayden. Sighing when he finished but nodded in understanding. "Well, we'll be upset to you leave, Jayden, but I respect a man who puts his family first, I wish you the best of luck in all that you do for them."

Giggling, Isabel sat outside of her house as she sighed contently and smiled. "This weekend has been exciting. I don't want it to end. He's an amazing man and I just know life with him is something I've always looked for. He's enjoyed Corpus and I'm glad. I just don't want him to go back to work." She said with a sigh, staring at the sky. The two had ordered Chinese for dinner and Isabel was looking forward to it. "Hey Amelia, I have something to tell you. I quit my job with DMN. I've decided I'm at a stable part in my career where I can freelance." She explained softly, biting her lip as she awaited a reaction.

"Thank you, Chief. It's been a great time being apart of this force but it's my time to leave. My family is what matters most right now." He said before he turned to leave but it his lip when he saw Nick standing there. "How did you manage to get released so fast, Wells?" Jayden asked him curiously to which Nick sighed. "Just needed to get the bullet out and get some stitches. I figured we could finish our dinner with our girlfriends." He said simply, not addressing what he just over heard. Nodding, Jayden smiled as they walked to his office where he read Amelia's text and laughed softly. "Already one step ahead of you. Will be heading home soon with Nick. We deserve to finish our dinner with them, don't ya think? I love you❤️" he replied before he heard Nick call out to him. "What is it, Wells? I know you overheard what I told the Chief. You can't get mad. I need to put my family first. They're what matters now."

"What is it, love?" Amelia asked Isabel curiously, replying back to Jayden. "We can but I already changed. " Blinking at Bel's news. "You're what?" She asked in excited disbelief, squeaking when she repeated herself. "I'm excited you finallly took the plunge! I think it'll be good for you. New things for both of us, huh?"

"I never said you shouldn't put them first, I just didn't know you didn't think of me as family," Nick said with a slight shrug, pretending like he wasn't hurt. "I'll just take Lauren with me so you and Amelia can be alone, I'm sure she would rather that anyway, when she gets upset she doesn't like to be around anyone but those she closest to even though she's nice about it and probably agreed to dinner. We'll go some other time. I'm happy she's okay," Nick concluded with a smile. Truthfully, he took the bullet for Amelia but he would never admit to it. "Goodnight, Jayden." Nick said, taking the report from his hands and walking away before Jayden could protest.

"Yep. New things for the both of us. I'm excited I took the plunge. I think things will work out great for us both." Isabel said with a gentle smile, talking with Amelia to keep her distracted until she knew Jayden was back home where he belonged. Thankful that Jayden made it out alright, Isabel said her goodbyes to her best friend before she hung up and smiled at Dawson. "Something happened in DC but they'll be alright." She reassured him, gladly accepting his kiss.

Jayden felt heavy in that moment. He had never felt this way before but he knew why he did. He felt as though in that moment he lost his best friend, the one who was there for him through everything. The one he considered a brother and his family. Sighing softly, the former D.C. Officer didn't even bother to protest. He watched Nick walk off before he looked at his phone and smiled at Amelia's text. "Heading home." He replied rather bluntly, grabbing his coat before walking out to his car where he got in and bit his lip. After hitting the wheel several times, Jayden was able to compose himself and drove to get dinner. He decided to get the two tacos, knowing Amelia would never pass them up and when he arrived home he smiled as Lauren left with Nick. "Thanks for bringing Amelia home, Lauren." Was all Jayden said, not bothering to look at Nick who did the same. Walking inside, Jayden let go of all his emotions and walked to Amelia, kissing her gently. "Hi there, Princess. I brought you tacos." He said with a chuckle at her excitement.

"What's wrong?" Amelia asked in immediate concern, seeing right through Jayden's facade. "Did I do something? You didn't tell Nick they couldn't stay did you? That would make me feel bad," she said sadly, before she started to eat, not able to ignore her hunger any longer. Though she still had an enourmous amount of guilt hanging over her, as she always did when she sensed a confrontation had occurred. "I love you," she whispered softly, not sure what else to say before walking over and giving Jayden a hug. "I'm glad you're okay, I know I'm supposed to be a fearless journalist but I got scared," she said, her voice cracking. "I'm sorry if I upset you or Nick, I didn't mean to."

Hearing her voice crack was enough to break Jayden. He hated when she put all the blame on herself. Taking her into a tight hug, Jayden released a deep and shuttered breath before he shook his head. "You didn't do anything, Amelia. I love you more." He said softly and squeezed her gently for reassurance. "Nick and I just had a fallout. We'll be alright though. None of this is because of you." He told her, knowing he couldn't hide it from her. She saw right through him. Kissing her head he let her finish eating. He didn't touch his tacos and excused himself to go shower. He was too deep in his thoughts and that wasn't healthy for him right now. He and Amelia needed to start house hunting so they could move. That's all Jayden tried thinking about. The move and their child. He also knew Nick didn't stand in the middle of fire for him. He did it for Amelia but Jayden didn't mention it.

Watching Jayden go, Amelia knew all she could do was mod but she wanted to cheer Jayden up. She hated when people were upset. Looking over at Chloe laying on the couch, she giggled when she thought of a childish idea she knew would work. Grabbing the comforter from Jayden's bed and blankets from the closet, Amelia made an impressive fort an lit the candles they picked out earlier. Going into the kitchen, she opened a package of cookie dough and laid the cookies out on the sheet, listening to Christmas music again while she worked diligently, awaiting the officer's return. by the time he did, she was already sitting in the fort with Chloe at her side eating the sugar cookies happily. When Jayden went looking for her she looked up to him with a laugh, "What? Have you never seen a fort before? They're pretty nifty," she said smacking away his hand. "You can't have my cookies until you eat your dinner!" She exclaimed laughing at herself again. "Wow, that was impressively mom-like. I think I'll be good at it."

Jayden was truly grateful to have a woman like Amelia in his life. He laughed softly as he found her in a fort, sighing at her refusal to let him have a cookie. Smiling he went to get his tacos and happily joined her in the fort, forgetting about what happened because he enjoyed this distraction. "I used to build forts myself when I was younger. Mine may have been a little better." He teased with a laugh, munching away on his tacos because he was hungry and her cookies were motivation enough. After eating dinner, he laid down in the fort and grabbed a cookie, sighing contently before he smiled at Amelia. "Have I told you I love you, Amelia Carson?" He asked softly, hugging her close to him when she laid down next to him. "You're an amazing woman and I'm lucky I get to call you mine." He whispered softly with a gentle smile as he looked down at the woman he envisioned becoming his wife. "So why a fort?" He asked her curiously before he placed his hand on her stomach with a smile. "I hope he or she comes out looking like you."

Last edited:
"Umm because, I want to give you all the little things I think are important to experience, not my fault I didn't know you were the fort master," she said with a playful roll of her eyes, taking another cookie and smiling when he inched closer toward hers, resting his hand in what she noticed to be his new favorite spot. She thought it was cute. "That's funny, because I don't," she answered honestly, finishing the cookie and sitting up. "So fort master, I pass the fort torch to you, i expect you teach him or her how to make some pretty rad forts. It's a staple of childhood, really, and when we have a daughter, you're going to have to teach her how to dance because that's one childhood experience her mother lacks."

Jayden laughed softly as he listened to Amelia and nodded, sitting up himself before he grabbed another cookie happily. "I see. I will do just that then but you have to help our child when it comes to the holidays. That's something their father is still learning." He said, winking at the journalist beside him before he kissed her cheek. "I want a little girl. I'm hoping this is a little girl." He said as he rubbed Amelia's stomach with a laugh. "She's going to be so precious if she is but I will be happy and content with a boy as well. I can't wait to see what he or she looks like." He whispered contently. "It's going to be a fun day when they're born."

Amelia watched in awe as Jayden's expression completely changed when he talked about their child. He looked so bright and full of life. Amelia could tell how badly he wanted this for them now that it was happening, nodding as he spoke. "Fun for who? You, maybe. Not for me," she teased, kissing him gently. "I'll be sure to tell Bel we swayed you into Team Girl, but now what are we going to do?" Amelia asked looking up to the man who brought her a sense of comfort and protection while she let Chloe who found her way into Amelia's lap. Laying bsck down Amelia looked up at the ceiling, her hands resting on her stomach, even though today was disastrous she couldn't help but feel content.

Last edited:
Jayden sighed softly before he laid back himself and stared at the ceiling, holding Amelia's hand in his own. "We house hunt. Nothing is holding us back anymore. I told the Chief about our move and he respects me putting y'all first. We find a house we both like where we agreed and we move." He said softly, smiling at her as he tried not to think about Nick. That sentence really hurt Jayden but he hurt Nick. Sighing softly Jayden pulled Amelia close to him. "I don't think Nick and Lauren will be here for Thanksgiving." He whispered softly. The holiday was supposed to be spent with all of their close friends but now Nick might not come. If he did he would come for Amelia.

Amelia nodded at what Jayden said they were to do and went to grab her laptop, handing it off to him when she came back. Looking to Jayden when he spoke and sighed before she laid her head on his shoulder. "He'll come. He just needs his space, everything y'all knew is changing and I can imagine that's hard to swallow. Nick loves you too much to hold a grudge that long,"Amelia said in reassurance. "Now, let's start our hunt." Curling into one of the blankets, Amelia kept her head on Jayden's shoulder while she let him take control of the search. Sitting here with him, Amelia realized this was hopefully going to be their future together and she was starting to look forward to it.

Jayden smiled gently as he nodded and began searching the web for a house he and Amelia both liked. House hunting was taxing but most definitely worth it in the end. He enjoyed this feeling of comfort and contentness with Amelia. It made his excited for the future that was ahead. It was something he was looking forward to. "What about this one?" He asked her softly, admiring how she looked curled up in a blanket. He was looking at his family and he knew life with them was going to be wonderful. "I like how big the backyard is." He chimed in happily, scrolling through all the pictures of the houses. "We have to see them in person so we need to make a day to do so. Maybe Dawson can fly us there." He said with a laugh.

"It's cute," Amelia agreed with a yawn, nodding to his request to make a day out of it. "We'll go but leave Dawson out of it, he's a busy man who serves our country," Closing her eyes, Amelia fell asleep against Jayden and Chloe. It was a long day but she was glad it ended the way it did, she knew the could have been a lot worse off given what interrupted their evening. The journalist was finally coming around to the idea of her new reality and she was happy with it.

Jayden smiled as he scheduled a visit to a good amount of houses. After he scheduled the visits, he put away the laptop and laid down with Amelia under the fort, holding her closely as he sighed softly and closed his eyes. He was dreading having to go to work tomorrow considering the Chief didn't let him go. He was just prepared to fill the position once Jayden left. The following morning, he kissed Amelia softly before leaving for work. He didn't want to go to work but he needed to do it. After arriving, Jayden sighed when he saw he had nothing but paperwork to do for the day. He wasn't on a case and that was annoying for him. He just sat in his office and then looked at Nick when he walked by. Sighing, Jayden shook his head before continuing his paperwork.

"What are you doing here in your day off?" Nick asked simply, olacimg Jayden's usual coffee on his desk before unfolding the files he brought with him, taking a sit in the chair across from Jayden. Going to work himself , looking up to Jayden when he cleared his theist. "What?" Nick asked curiously. "I can go if you want."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back