• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Anchored for Love

Jayden shook his head as he sighed. "No, it's fine." He said simply, not even overthinking anything as he continued to fill out the paperwork. Once he was finished, he watched everyone who was on a case leave. His job was becoming boring now that he was leaving but it was understandable. Jayden couldn't be upset over it. Once lunch rolled around, Jayden stood up before he walked out to the break room, grabbing the left over tacos he had and warmed them up. The day was slow and after the tacos were warm, he walked back to his office where he ate them, looking at the coffee Nick placed on his desk that was now cold. Sighing Jayden shook off the many emotions that were buggging him at once.

"Jayden, stop mooping. If you think I meant what o said in moment of anger, you don't know me well," Nick said with a sigh. "I was just upset you didn't tel me your plans beforehand, that's all. I get tat your plans have to change now, and I respect the man that you are for making the adjustments for your family, but it would have been nice to know what was going through your thick skul. All has been forgiven though so you can stop your internal panicking now." Patting Jayden's back in a reassuring way, Nick offered his best friend a fresh burrito. "Enjoy your moment of peace, you won't have many left."

Jayden sighed as he smiled at Nick and took the fresh burrito he offered. "I guess you're right. I'm sorry I didn't tell you first though." He said with a shrug, eating the burrito happily. It was very flavorful and fulfilling. "I'm just nervous I won't like the force where we go." He explained with a deep sigh. "This was our dream, to work here, be apart of this unit. It's been great and I'm not really ready to part with it." He added, biting his lip. "But I'm sure things will work out. The force just isn't going to be the same without you there." He finally admitted, smiling gently. "How's Lauren? Is she okay after what happened?"

"I'm sure you'll be a great addition wherever you go, but soon the force won't be the only thing you have to look forward to. I can promise you that. Don't think I won't come to rustle your feathers every now and again." Smiling, Nick nodded at Jayden's question about Lauren's well being. "She's fine, she's a nurse, she hands trauma well, she just hates seeing Amelia so upset. They've gotten close but we both wish the best for you and Amelia. You fit well together and I have no doubts now that you'll treat her well. Though I ever pictured her to be a mom," he teased with a wink. "I still don't understand how you turned her soft so fast."

"You and I both." Jayden said softly. "I love her so much but I never thought she'd give me a chance." He added as she smiled on the thought. He worried Amelia would never let him try and impress her but knowing he had her heart meant the world to him. He enjoyed how she made him feel inside and he never wanted to lose her. "I'm grateful she did though. There's no other woman for me but her." Chuckling at his own sappyness, the officer looked to his best friend. "I look forward to your visits by the way. I have no doubt in my mind you'll meddle into my cases although I may just be out on traffic duty when I get there and start." This statement caused both officers to laugh. Jayden could only hope he didn't have to start from the bottom and work his way up again but he knew that was most likely what was going to happen.

Meanwhile, Amelia woke up in a state of confusion. She didn't remember making it to bed, but once she was able to come out of her sleepy daze she realized Jayden must have laid her here when he left for work. Smiling at the thought, she leaned over and pet Chloe, sighing when she looked at the time and realized it was well into the afternoon. She felt like she wasted the day by sleeping. Getting dressed, she hurried out of Jayden's room when she heard Chloe bark and run for the front door after someone knocked. "Shh girl," Amelia whispered before she pushed Chloe out of the way gently, opening the door. Of course she didn't recognize the face but he did look somewhat familiar in his features. "Hi, can I help you?" She asked politely, holding back Chloe by her colllar while the man looked Amelia up and down as if he was confused why she was standing there. What Amelia didn't realize is the confused man in front of her was Jayden's brother.

Chris was rather confused as to who the woman standing at Jayden's door was. He knew about Jayden having a girlfriend but he didn't assume for her to be living with him. Chris didn't mention it however and only smiled after his confusion vanished. "You must be Amelia. I'm Chris, Jayden's brother." He said happily, excited to finally meet the woman Jayden spoke so highly of. He showed up as a surprise so that his brother wouldn't try to stop him from coming. He had been doing so lately and it got rather irritating. "Is my brother at work?" The brunette asked curiously, shaking his head with a sigh. "He's always working." He added before he thanked Amelia for being so kind and letting him in. Since Chloe continued to bark, he squatted down and smiled when the boxer caught his scent, petting her gently. "That's a good girl."

Amelia just stared off blankly when Chris told her who he was. She was shocked and suddenly began to shake but made sure it wasn't so noticeable. "Yes, I'm Amelia," she confirmed with a smile before letting him in and shutting the door. "You have to forgive Chloe, she still a puppy and gets over excited." Calling her over Amelia pet her gently to calm her down. "Jayden is working right now, though I'm not sure how long he's been gone." After she said it, Amelia became embarrassed by her confession to Chris. "I can call him if you're in a hurry to see him," the woman suggested kindly, trying to avoid the awkwardness she felt. "Can I get you anything? It's kind of cold outside. Coffee?" She asked as she watched Chris explore the decorated living room in what looked like subtle amusement.

"I'm good, thank you." Chris said gently in response to Amelia's offer of coffee. When he walked into the house, he expected it to be as plain as usual but when he noticed the decorations for the fall season, Chris's expression held amusement. He never thought he would see the day when Jayden's house was decorated but it was a nice touch that Chris admired. He especially loved the pumpkins and the names on them. "This is some lovely decorating. Did you do this for Jayden? It looks stunning and I'm jealous I don't have this in my own house." Chris stated rather excitedly as he looked back at Amelia with a smile of appreciation. "Thank you." He said softly, his smile only widening at her confusion. "Thank you for showing my brother what the holidays mean. He never let anyone show him before." He explained. "And thank you for being in his life."

"I didn't do it by myself, Jayden helped. I was shocked with his artistic ability but now I know flattery runs in the family," Amelia teased with a giggle before she looked to Chris in confusion st his thank yous and when he explained, Amelia shook her head, though she was disturbed when he said Jayden wouldn't let anyone show him. She wondered what that meant but she was too afraid to ask, knowing she probably couldn't handle the honest response. "It has been a pleasure getting to know you're brother. He's a sweetheart," Amelia complimented gently as she made tea for herself. The frigid air made its way through the home quickly and Amelia needed to stay warm. "I wish I would have known you were coming, I would have better prepared," Amelia said almost upset. She was more comfortable with Chris now that she realized he and Jayden had the same charming personality, she just worried she would slip up and tell Chris something he didn't already know.

"Oh don't worry about it, Amelia. I've always like to just show up but next time I'll tell you for sure." Chris said gently before he walked over towards the journalist and sat across from her at the bar. "Jayden tells me you're a journalist. How is that? Considering how much dislike the media has been getting lately, how do you do it?" He asked her curiously, wanting to know more about the woman his brother is dating. Chris was also excited to meet his niece or nephew. Jayden had told him a couple days after Amelia told the officer. Chris was happy his big brother found someone to spend his life with. It meant he was doing well and that was something Chris always worried about. "How's my niece or nephew doing? When do you find out the gender?" He asked happily, his face lighting up at the idea of the baby being a little boy. The child was going to be spoiled from both Jayden's side and Amelia's side.

Amelia was amused by all of Chris's questions but a little caught off guard by his last two. Jayden never mentioned he told Chris. Not that she minded, she was just purposely avoiding the subject as she did with most people because they didn't know. "All the questions, I love it. Though I'm usually the one asking. I'll try to answer them all all. Sadly, I haven't been doing much work lately because of our change of plans, but I can tell you the dislike for the media isn't something new. It's defiantly not a career path for the light hearted, you have to have a thick skin. I try not to let people's opinions of me get the best of me. It's my job to help them form one given the facts and not sway them a certain way so I would be hypocritical if I tried to make it sound like I was the best person to be respected. Plus, the public, as with most things has a vague idea of what I do for a living so I can't blame them for what they think they know. I only really have a problem with it when someone tries to chalange my integrity. That's the biggest insult," she said with a sigh before she changed the subject with a bright smile. "We find out in a few weeks. I think I finally swayed your brother for a girl. Are you excited we're moving to the same city? I think it'll be good for both of you since you've never really been close by each other. I know Jayden's struggling with leaving here but he'll come around. I've noticed he doesn't really favor much change."

Chris sighed softly as he heard Amelia say his brother didn't favor change much. That was so be expected with the kind of background he had. "I know change doesn't excite him. No one can blame him since he had the worst past out of us both." He said with a sigh, shaking his head. "But I'm glad he's coming around on wanting a girl. I secretly want a boy but I love him or her no matter what." He added with a big smile. "You have to let me know the gender right when you find out. I'm just as excited as everyone else. I'm also excited for the move. It'll be fun having you all close by. I could even babysit for you when I'm not working."

"I'm sure he'll let you know as soon as he know. He's excited, he talks about it all the time," Amelia said happily, sipping her tea. "Speak of the devil," she said reading the text on her phone."he's on his way home," she announced, getting up to make his usual coffee. "How long are you staying for? I was planning to go to the store to get things to make for dinner. I'm trying to keep your brother away from the diet he had before we met," Amelia teased, setting cookies from last night in front of Chris. "But it is the holidays so I guess it was a bad time to start trying."

Chris laughed at Amelia's comment regarding his brother's diet. Jayden really never paid attention to what he ate and usually just ate fast food. It was convenient for him and Chris smiled at the thought. "I'm not staying long. Just today and tomorrow then I head back home." He said softly with a shrug, smiling at her mention of dinner. "I can help with dinner. What are you planning on making?" He asked her softly. "I can stay here and wait for Jayden to get back while you go shop or I can tag along if you don't mind." He added before he stood up.

"I didn't plan that far ahead," Amelia said grabbing her jacket and keys. "You can come with me if you want, the officer should be home by the time we return." Smiling at Chris, Amelia gave Chloe a bone to keep her occupied and out of trouble while Jayden made his way home. Pulling out her phone she texted him quickly to ask Jayden if he had any requests for dinner, not telling him Chris was here. She didn't want to spoil the surprise.

"Sounds good. Let's head out." Chris said excitedly, following Amelia out to her car where he got in and smiled. "DC is such a beautiful place." He said softly, reading Jayden's text that came in when the journalist told her to. "He said he wants you to make his favorite tonight. What's his favorite?" He asked curiously. Chris and Jayden always went out to eat when they were together so he never knew what his favorite thing to cook was exactly. "I assume you cook it very well since he asked for it. You and I both know my brother loves his food."

Amelia smiled when Chris told her what Jayden said. "It's pizza. It's the first thing I made for him and he's been hooked ever since," Amelia said, replying when they stopped. "You got it, babe. ❤️" Grabbing her things she lead Chris into the store and conversed with hike while she grabbed all the things she needed for their dinner.Caving and buying gummy bears at the counter because she was craving them, eating them on the way home, she laughed when Chris insisted to take all the bags when they returned. "Just like your brother," she teased, taking her bag of gummies and quickly made her way inside to say hello to Jayden.

When Jayden laid eyes on Amelia as she walked in, he smiled brightly and walked over to hug her close, kissing her gently. "Hello there, beautiful. Are there bags in the car?" He asked as he turned to walk out of the house but smiled again when he saw Chris. "Christoper Acciolli, what are you doing here?" He asked excitedly as Chris went and put the bags down.i just dropped in for a visit." The realtor said happily before he smiled and then looked at Amelia who had an excited expression to see the brother reunited. "I'm also excited for this pizza your lovely girlfriend makes that is now your favorite." He added with a laugh, hugging his brother closely. "How's work been treating you? I'm excited for your move closer to me. I'm going to spoil my niece or nephew greatly."

"Hey there, officer, I brought you someone," Amelia whispered, kissing Jayden's cheek before he noticed his brother. Watching from the sidelines, Amelia giggled at their conversation and shook her head, unbagging everything she bought to make dinner. "He's bored with work because he dropped the bomb we're leaving so he sits at the desk and we all know Jayden The Great was never meant for a desk job, but neither was I so touche, my love." Amelia was excited for the change of scenery and chance for a new beginning as a couple. Amelia was ready to get back into what she wanted to do in her career instead of supervising younger journalists. "Chris was impressed by your decorations, Jay," Amelia said with a wink, finishing her gummies, picking out all the clear ones and throwing them to the side. She never liked them.

Jayden laughed slight embarrassed by Amelia's statement and nodded. "You did huh?" The officer asked his younger brother happily. "Yes. Especially the pumpkins." Chris added to which Jayden laughed as the two caught up happily. "Let me help you, love." Jayden said as he walked over to help Amelia make the pizza and Chris did the same. It was a fun experience for the three of them to have together. "So how is work for you, realtor?" Jayden asked his younger brother as he sat in the living room next to Amelia as the three of the chatted while the pizza cooked. Jayden was happy to have the company of his brother and the woman who would forever hold his heart.

"It's comfortable," Chris said with a sly shrug. "Amelia told me you were looking at houses back home and already made some appointments and I have to admit I am a little hurt you didn't consider me," Chris said in a chuckle. He was only trying to pull his brother's leg. Chris was happy to see Jayden, the brothers didn't see each other as much as they should and with Jayden's first baby on the way, Chris was going to do his best to strengthen their relationship hopefully back to the point where it was when they were younger and still under the care of their grandmother in the same home. Chris missed the bond they had and lacked most of their lives. "If you don't find what you're looking for, I would be happy to lend a hand, I know it's important to get settled sooner rather than later."

"In that case, what do you have in mind?" Jayden asked his little brother happily. The officer knew he should've asked his little brother for help on finding a house but he never knew if he had a full schedule or not. Holding Amelia's hand in his own, he gave it a squeeze. Jayden wanted for him and his brother to build the bond they used to have. It would a lot to him if they did but Jayden was sure with the move it would happen. "How is it back at home?" He asked softly, nervous to move back there. It had been awhile and all Jayden could remember was trying to leave the city as fast as possible. It was sad really but he and Nick wanted to chase the world.

"It depends what you want, Jayden. If you give me an idea then I can help you." Rubbing his hands together, Chris smiled at his brother's question. "Something tells me you'll like it a lot better than when you left it. A family is waiting for you," Chris said, making his way into his jacket pocket and handing Jayden an envelope of pictures of their family. "That's why I'm here, actually. I wanted to tell you in person, but we have a sister and she came looking for us. Her name is Sarah and she's sweet. She started looking after for grandma and showed up at my doorstep last week. They've been looking for us for awhile now but never could get positive identification. They saw you in the paper after you saved Amelia but were too afraid they would be intruding on your life so they came to me first. They wanted you to have these pictures and asked that you send some of you and Amelia their way since I told them you were a couple now and expecting. They're excited to see you and meet Amelia. They wanted me to tell you they're especially proud of you and hope you will let them be a part of your new family but don't want to pressure you into anything, but Sarah just had her own baby girl. She's precious, you would love her, her name's Noella," Chris said flipping to the picture of the infant. He knew this would be a lot for Jayden but knew it was the push he needed to be secure in the decision he made to love Amelia back to where his life started.

Everything Chris was telling him made Jayden's head spin. He couldn't believe this was happening and his hands began to shake as he looked through the pictures, fighting back the tears threatening to leave his eyes. They had a sister. He had a sister named Sarah. She looked so much like thei mother. Jayden never remembered being around her and knew she must have come after the Acciolli siblings were separated. Taking a deep breath, Jayden smiled as he saw the pictures of his niece. She was a beautiful little girl. He was savoring the moment and when he came back to reality, he smiled at Chris and gave Amelia's hand another squeeze. "We have a sister?" Was all that managed to escape his mouth as he looked back down at the picture of her. "I can't believe it." He added in astonishment. This was something that reassured him moving with Amelia back to his hometown was going to be alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back