• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern π“π“·π“¬π“±π“Έπ“» 𝓑π“ͺ𝔂(open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Lokna Harrow

The thoughts had totally occupied her mind and she found herself blank staring. How the red in the diner hurt your eyes but that just gave people more reasons to look at each other or the food. It captured her mind how such small differences could mean so little yet so much. She didn't mind having those pauses to think cause it didn't really bother anyone and this time gave her fingers a chance to warm up a bit. It was a weird sensation of melting. An interesting feeling to have and something that should be give more time to understand at least in her mind it was so.

Her train of thought was broken by the fancy woman. Her words didn't quite reach her cause Lokna's mind was still away somewhere else. She shook her head to refocus on the woman. "Excuse me Kat....it's Kat, right? I seem to be not able to remember you. How do I know you?" She try to keep smiling but it was sure hard because her mind was working at it's fullest to remember her. She didn't seem like she was younger than her nor at her age. That woman was not from her class for sure and she was not from drama either so that leaves only one other option. Like a pulb had been light in Loky's head when she got the answer to her own question. " You are one of Ria's friend, aren't you? Oh I am so sorry for not remembering you quicker. I seem to forget everything lately. So what were you talking about earlier? Oh right, the tree lighting ceremony. I was not planning it during the morning but it seems that over the day some changing events have happened." Her stomach still protested against the lack of food by emiting a loud growl. "I'm so sorry. I hope you don't mind if I crab something to eat and I we take a seat." And now Lokna felt even worse because that didn't sound good at all.

Mentions:

jasmyn jasmyn

Flemming Niebuhr

source.gif

Perhaps it was foolish of Flemming to not expect anyone approaching him. But really, who approaches Flemming Niebuhr? Seemingly nobody, aside from the odd stray cat or dog. He always had an energy that attracted stray things. Stray animals, stray people.

Micki sort of was a "stray person". Single, unemployed, wanting a place in life. As stray as a person could come, really. Not that there was a damn thing wrong with it. Soon enough, Flemming too would be a stray human being. What did he want to be? A poet? A musician? An artist? The opportunities seemed endless, and not in an inviting way. More like trying to find the deepest point of a night-black ocean trench.

"I'm mostly just here to get coffee." And to get out of the house. His parents were back there, obsessively bundling Rebekka up into her matching coat and booties. They'd never gotten him a matching coat and booties when he was three years old. At this point, he'd rather be parentless. "Watching 'em set up is neat too, though." The way the lights strung around, it drew his attention so easily, each one a wiry snake. Flemming had always wanted a snake, but with Locke and Voltaire about it was a no-go. Plus, his parents would absolutely hate it. Two more years, and he could be free as a bird.

"What brings you around?"

// Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler //​

[class=variables] --color: #b7cfda; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important [/class] [class=container] width: 530px; height: 300px; display: flex; margin: auto; flex-wrap: wrap; [/class] [class name=container maxWidth=450px] width: 300px; height: 100%; align-items: center; justify-content: center; [/class] [class=left] height: 300px; width: 220px; padding: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=name] font-weight: 900; text-align: center; border-bottom: 4px solid var(--color); width: 120px; display: block; margin: 10% auto; font-size: 18px; position: relative; [/class] [class=imgContainer] width: 100%; height: 90px; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; margin: 10px auto; [/class] [class=img] width: 90px; height: 90px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; filter: saturate(70%); [/class] [class=tag] display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--color); height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=right] width: 280px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-direction: column; overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=leftTagContainer] width: 100%; height: 100px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 50px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=imgContainer] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/386f500d8bbc13da2c26a6dbf0c1ec8f/tumblr_osw7o51VEM1u8au21o1_400.jpg')"][/div] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://data.whicdn.com/images/301499166/original.gif')"][/div] [/div] [div class=name]Sean Matthews[/div] [div class=leftTagContainer] [div class=scroll] [div class=tag]location[/div] anchor bay (carriage rides)
[div class=tag]interacts[/div] jc
[div class=tag]mentions[/div] ellie
[div class=tag]tags[/div] Dazzle Dazzle Soap Soap
[div class=tag]outfit[/div] x

[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class=scroll] A soft chuckle springs from Sean's mouth when JC refuses his offer, not at her reluctance but at her fear of the horses. He takes both of the reins firmly back into his hands. "I've been driving these two for a while now, since I started working at the farm last year actually. I learned to drive the carriage with these two and I couldn't have asked for a better set of teachers. I'm convinced that these two could walk into a war zone and not even blink!" Sean explains. He flicks the reins and the horses speed up slightly.

Sean turns the carriage onto the main road that leads into town and Pixie throws her head up in excitement, making the delicately placed jingle bells on her bridle ring in the crisp winter air. Her companion follows suit and the two instinctively speed up, the carriage now moving quite fast. Sean laughs, a smile lighting up his face.

"I think they're excited!" He laughs gleefully, slowing them down just enough so that they wouldn't hurt their hooves and legs. He always loves to drive fast, though not fast enough that he was putting the horses in danger. He likes having just enough control that he can stop it but enough lack of control to let the animals do what they wish.

A red truck drives by and honks its horn, likely a local happy to see the horses and carriage out. Pixie and Pete continue their happy canters, ignoring the truck entirely.

"See?" Sean points out, slowing the carriage as the town comes into view. "They're not even bothered!"

The carriage slows to a gentle walk as they enter town. Sean smiles warmly, looking around in awe at the sparkling garland and lights lining storefronts and lampposts as if he hasn't seen it every year since he was born. "Its always so pretty," Sean says softly, admiring the newly transformed town. "I swear, it gets better every year!"

"I remember when I was young, probably about eight or nine, my mom brought me and my sisters into the tailor shop she works at and we decorated the windows with stickers and drawings with those window markers and then we put up lights on the storefront," Sean remembers fondly. "Once we were done, we went up and down the strip helping people put up their lights. It was freezing that day, real icy, but we didn't mind at all. At the end of the day, we all went on the carriages and we watched the tree lighting with these giant mugs of hot chocolate and sugar cookies the size of our hands. It was one of the last tree lightings that my oldest sisters were home. I miss them being home on the holidays, but they have their own families and such to look after." Sean explains, the corners of his mouth turning slightly up in a sad smile.

Once he stops talking, his cheeks and nose turn red with embarrassment. "Oh gosh, sorry for rambling. I, uh, do that a lot. I just get a thought going and I don't know when to stop." Sean apologizes. He turns the carriage and spots a long line of taxi cabs emptying people out onto the streets, all people flooding to the town to experience the festivities. He stops the carriage for a moment to allow a few of the cabs to pull away from the curb and he waves at a few of the people he recognized.

He had hardly noticed that sitting there on the bench was the one person that he was hoping to avoid, someone he had tried so hard to block out of his mind. He was hoping that she'd get stuck at that ivy league school she left him for or that he simply wouldn't run into her. But there she is, looking almost as she was when she left, though somehow more mature and elegant. "Ellie." He whispers under his breath, hoping JC didn't hear him. A pang of hurt rings through him as he sees her on that bench with her brother Clayton. What did he really expect? The Moore family is well known in this town and it was unrealistic to think that Ellie wouldn't have fought to be able to be back here for Christmas.

As soon as the cabs were out of the way, Sean urges the horses onward and away from where Ellie and Clayton were sitting. Sean shakes his head slightly as if trying to shake the thought of her out of his mind. They broke up a while ago, and he should be over it by now. But apparently that wasn't the case at all.

Sean looks for something to talk about to change the subject, though their destination isn't much further. "So, what do you write? I think people who can write are super awesome, its so hard to translate a thought onto paper." He asks JC, looking at the journal in her hands. [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
coded by shady.

[class=variables] --color: #b7cfda; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important [/class] [class=container] width: 530px; height: 300px; display: flex; margin: auto; flex-wrap: wrap; [/class] [class name=container maxWidth=450px] width: 300px; height: 100%; align-items: center; justify-content: center; [/class] [class=left] height: 300px; width: 220px; padding: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=name] font-weight: 900; text-align: center; border-bottom: 4px solid var(--color); width: 120px; display: block; margin: 10% auto; font-size: 18px; position: relative; [/class] [class=imgContainer] width: 100%; height: 90px; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; margin: 10px auto; [/class] [class=img] width: 90px; height: 90px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; filter: saturate(70%); [/class] [class=tag] display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--color); height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=right] width: 280px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-direction: column; overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=leftTagContainer] width: 100%; height: 100px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 50px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=imgContainer] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/989f3c696cf93dbe03b52b18f3170b96/tumblr_pkz2mbcw7V1xno8b4o3_250.jpg')"][/div] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/baecc8ad48ed2583d1bae6fa502a490a/tumblr_nqwgisRcJ01qbq2ano1_250.gifv')"][/div] [/div] [div class=name]Dahlia Li[/div] [div class=leftTagContainer] [div class=scroll] [div class=tag]location[/div] anchor bay
[div class=tag]interacts[/div] cass
[div class=tag]mentions[/div] n/a
[div class=tag]tags[/div] Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class=scroll] Dahlia's eyes widen as Cassidy speaks what she believes is Italian. "Are you from Italy? I visited there once with my parents when I was young and it was absolutely beautiful! Anchor Bay must be very different from Italy. What brings you to our little town?" Dahlia inquires, lodging her scarf back around her neck when Cassidy refuses.

Her phone buzzes in her pocket and she pulls it out, her face falling slightly when she sees the hospital's name on the caller ID. She had just left, why are they calling? "Excuse me a moment." Dahlia excuses herself, sliding the answer button and placing her phone to her ear.

When she answers, a nurse begins rambling about the decline of one of their patient's vitals and they couldn't get a hold of the patient's doctor. Dahlia begins asking questions, immediately switching from a normal version of herself into the nurse side of herself. It comes out that they had pushed the wrong medication dosage. Rookie mistake.

"Do you need me to come back in? I can be back there in fifteen." Dahlia asks, rubbing small circles on her temples with her nimble fingers. A small sigh escapes her lips when the answer is no. A few moments later the call ends and Dahlia shoves the phone back in her pocket. "I'm so sorry about that. I work at a pediatric hospital nearby and they were having issue with one of the patients. He's okay though." Dahlia explains.

She searches her mind for a moment for a thought she was about to say and raises a finger when she finds it. "If you want really warm clothes, you should try that boutique over there. Tell whoever is at cash that I sent you, they should be able to get you a pretty good discount. The owner of the shop is one of my mom's cousins so we get a pretty good inside scoop." Dahlia offers, smiling as she gently rocks on her feet to keep the blood flowing to her toes. "And the cafe is a great place to go and grab a warm drink, they have amazing hot chocolate." [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
coded by shady.

giphy.gif

Mags couldn’t help but roll her eyes at Nat, Nat had been one of the few that she had been comfortable complaining to and telling everything to without any fear of judgement. She still knew that if it was between her and Clay, he was always going to be more important to her and that he could always do better than her. He could have someone that shared emotions, who didn’t put up walls, who didn’t have a history of fighting. She could never do any better than him, she had tried more than once. She had gone on dates and every male she had been with was boring, and a waste of her time. She had been halfway through a date and just knew she was done with them. She had even left one male as soon as he opened his mouth. She was ready to live a life of solitude, get a dog, maybe a cat because Lucy was always around. Graham had brought Lucy to the store almost daily so she figured maybe a cat for the store so she wouldn’t be lonely whenever she gave Mike and Sterling the day off. Either animal she chose she knew she wasn’t going to find a love like what she had and there was nothing she could have done. Clay wouldn’t take her back.

She opened her mouth to protest Natalie as she ushered her out, β€œNat, I can’t assume he’s single now. I have to assume the worst even with that photo. Stop giving me compliments. They’re gross and stupid.” Nat kept pushing her out, β€œThose movies are good, and I will pay for my coffee. Stop giving me charity coffee. I’m not broke.” Finally, Mags was out of the cafΓ© and Nat had locked her out. Mags just rolled her eyes and made her way towards the center of the town where the tree would be lit. She knew Remmick would be on his way soon enough with her mother and there was no reason for her to go home only to come back downtown.

As she walked down the streets, she thought about how this time last year she had been walking with her mother, who had seemed better and had been in higher spirits and this year it was hard for her and she really only had Nat to talk with. Graham was too young even though she knew his parents had whispered about it. She felt more alone this winter than any other winter and all she could do was shut out her loneliness and act like it didn’t exist. Her eyes could see everyone huddling in the diner to get out of the cold, but she was enjoying the beauty of the winter weather and the recent snow.

Dazzle Dazzle
Interaction(s):Open
--
th

Micki knew that Flemming had never been one who was social, but he had always been more of a loner. Micki on the other hand was more talkative whether or not someone else necessarily wanted the attention. She figured if he hadn’t wanted to talk, he would’ve blown her off. Others had before so she never took any offense to those who didn’t want to talk, but she was giddy with joy at the fact that Flemming was willing to talk with her, even it might have been to humor her. β€œI heard the diner would be open later than all the other shops so that would probably be the best place for coffee.” Her eyes had glimpsed Magnolia being ushered out of the cafΓ© which meant the cafΓ© was closed.

She let her eyes watch as the decorations were being put up, β€œThe decorations are always fun to watch and that’s actually why I’m out. I wanted to watch them put it up this year. Last year I didn’t know about it and I’m fascinated by this town and the tree lighting ceremony.” The big city had definitely given her a different perspective on the town compared to someone who might have lived there for their whole life.

She continued walking with Flemming, β€œMind if I join you for coffee? My brother is at tutoring so I’m not sure what else to do in order to kill time or who to talk with. My family is supposed to meet the new transfer student that’s coming into town, but I have no idea what she looks like.” She wouldn’t be hurt if Flemming told her she couldn’t hang with him. He was a few years younger than her and them hanging out together would probably cause some strange looks and attention that he probably didn’t want, but if she didn’t ask then she would never know.

Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy
--
tumblr_p959upYjlk1rjrkjio3_400.gif

Remmick had never thought his aunt being sick would be the reason for him moving to Anchor Bay. He had stopped visiting in the summers once his family β€˜trusted him enough’ and so he hadn’t seen the town in quite a long time, and he had never been there in the winter. The cab had dropped him off only a couple blocks away from his aunts, so he made his way towards the house. The weather was a bit colder than he had expected but he had still been dressed for the weather. The walk was short and he turned the handle on the door and walked on in, Mags had left it unlocked for him, as she said she would over their last correspondence before he had gotten on the plane.

He set his bags down by the door and took his shoes off, β€œAunt, Viv?” he called out and he heard a small response of noise. The house had changed since Mags had been in charge, but it also looked darker and full of sadness. Mags had never had the same touch as her mother, and it showed during the holidays. His aunt had always had the curtain open, cookies baking, and music playing when he had come over in the summer. Now it was quiet, dark, and no smell of cookies.

As he made his way to the noise, he finally saw his aunt and she had never looked so weak and frail. The color in her face was gone, the roundness in her cheeks had gone flat, but the light in her eyes was still there, β€œRemi!” she smiled her voice weaker than he remembered. She ushered him over and he wrapped her in a hug, β€œIt’s good to see you! You look so grown up and handsome. Magpie said you were coming this winter. I’m so excited. A shame your parents couldn’t make it.” He wished his parents had come with because his aunt looked sick, her hair was thin and her body frail. He saw a note on his aunt bedside table for him

β€˜Remmick, make sure when you bring her to the lights, wrap her up and bundle her. Be careful with her wheelchair and the snow. I’ll meet you by the tree. -Mags’

He felt a sadness in him that he could only assume his cousin had been feeling for a while, even though she hadn’t let on in her texts or calls to him. He was shocked at how strong she was with everything happening. It broke his heart for his cousin because no matter how awful she had been watching her mother fade away couldn’t have been easy and now he knew why his parents had urged him to help. If the roles were reversed he knew she would help him so he was going to do his best for her.

[div class=container][div class=image][/div] [div class=blk][div class=title]katherine "kat" taylor [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]outfit β€’ vehicle β€’ engagement ring [/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll] Kat was patient as it took a moment for Loky to figure out how they knew one another. It was understandable since Kat hadn't really seen either Loky or her sister in years. Even back then she was more so friends with Riha, of course. She nodded and offered to find a booth for them while Loky went to the counter to order her food.

As Kat sat down and set the cup on the table she decided to send a quick text to Dahlia, while waiting on Loky to join her. β€’ Hey! I am in town for the holidays and we totally need to get together sometime! I haven't seen you since you left NY! β€’ She hit send and took another sip from her coffee, the warm liquid was exactly what she had needed.

She and Dahlia had gone to school together but they somehow didn't become friends until they both ended up in The Big Apple. Kat had been lucky enough to land a job designing the costumes for a dance performance and one of the dancers happened to be Dahlia. While Kat worked on her costume, the pair got to chatting and discovered they had grown up in the same town. It was a crazy coincidence and to be honest it was one Kat had been grateful for since she hadn't made many friends in New York.

She looked up from her phone and waved Loky over so she knew where Kat had decided to take a seat, a booth near the window. When the girl joined her she smiled and decided to start a conversation. She had always been pretty outgoing. "So, how have you been? And Riha. I know you don't remember me, which makes sense because I think the last time I saw you was at least four or five years ago." she admitted with a short laugh.
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats][/div][div class=stats] interactions/mentions- rihana. lokna. dahlia.
tags- Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Jaellagirl Jaellagirl geminiy geminiy [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c]code by: undine[/div] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=container]height: 340px; max-width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #000 [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 33%; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/7999b46e19cee41efbf78ede451d70d3/37f1a3226305418c-20/s640x960/c5a2784601ac2fc836e233bfd400b33dc92afddb.jpg); background-size: 200%; background-position: 55% 30% [/class] [class=blk]height: 100%; width: 65%; left: 35%; position: relative; top: -200px [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: -120px; left: 0px; max-width: 235px; width: 100%; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 17px; color: #ff6699 [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #fff [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 13px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #fff; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 240px; top: -175px; height: 20%; width: 20%; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #fff [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/852eb0a5fa895ed467f7ce112e1d5881/tumblr_phx9b12fLb1vibyp0o1_500.gif); background-size: 200%; background-position: 60% 55% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 0px; top: -165px; height: 245px; max-width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 190px; width: 101%; font-size: 11px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; max-width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #ff6699; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #ff80aa [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #ff99bb [/class] [class=bla]background: #ff6699 [/class] [class=ble]background: #ff80aa [/class] [class=blo]background: #ff99bb [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; color: white [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

Last edited:
Elouise
tenor.gif

Elouise rolled her eyes and did as asked. Wrapping her brother into a proper hug and pulling away after a moment. Mocking a pose. β€œDon’t I? I don’t know, it must be my natural glow.” She teased, taking a seat next to Clayton with a huff. Ellie wasn’t sure how to feel about being back home. There’s a ton of reasons why she should, but a bunch more on why she feels like she shouldn’t. But even thenβ€” Elouise isn’t even sure she wants to go back to Boston.

A frown came to her face at the news. Ellie was never a fan of any of her brother’s girlfriends, perhaps it’s because she believed he deserved better. But in truth, she preferred Mags more than anyone else. But that was a long time ago and being the good sister she is; she’s not gonna bring it up. β€œBut it’s Christmas. Would’ve been nice if she came. Work is work. It’ll always be there.” What? She said she wouldn’t bring up Mags, not show her mild distain for the girl.

Deciding to change the topic altogether, she nudged her brother with her elbow. β€œC’mon, I’m cold and I miss my old room.” There was plenty of emotional breakdowns in that small purple room, but good moments too. It was bittersweet. Just like this town.

Dazzle Dazzle

IMG-2709.JPG

Cassidy
Interaction: g3mini g3mini

7u8esm-l-610x610-marzia-marziapie-vintage-cute-skirt-choker+necklace-jewels-jewelry-black+chok...jpgA4J_5BEZVW2WQOZJQ_II86L69_original.png

Cassidy's smile grew more as Dahlia Lit up about her being Italian. "Oh si! Im from Naples. I'm to be an exchange student here at the high school." She said happily before her look grew curious as Dahlia received a call that seemed to stress her out a good bit. When she came back Cassidy sent her another happy smile and listened to her explain what happened. "Oh that's not good. I'm glad there ok." She said with a sweet smile. Listening to Dahlia talk about warm clothes Cassidy's look turned to a mixture of excitement and a little embarrassment. "Aw well grazie. I appreciate that heh. I clearly didn't pack properly for this. Is the weather like this year around?" She said softly to Dahlia. Her look grew curious though when Dahlia mentioned something about a cafe and a drink. "Hot chocolate?" She asked curiously.

42C5A405-D176-4DC6-93CB-2F5CAF92BC8B.gif
Magnolia had been walking around town as she waited for a text from her cousin that he was on his was with her mom. She was stressed more than ever; it had been the first time in a while that her mom had made an appearance into town. She wished that things had been different for her, she wished her mother wasn’t sick, she wished more than anything that her mother’s health hadn’t been declining so rapidly and yet it was. Now she was waiting for a text and it feel like hours had passed even though it had only been minutes when the text reached her phone.

She told Remmick where to wait by the tree and she would make her way to them. The town was full of people running into one another saying hellos, giving each other hugs, and having idle chit chat. Of course, some people gave her stares of sadness which she never enjoyed. It only made her angrier and she was hoping to avoid a few certain people.

Her eyes took sight of Ria and she could only roll her eyes at seeing the girl. One of the few people that she hated more than others, she saw Kat as well and she looked like she had been doing well for herself in New York. Mags was taking in how everyone was coming back home for this lighting and honestly if she had left, she would do the same because she loved this time of year, even though she didn’t talk about what made her happy. She could see Graham, Cassie, and Sterling, and she saw Lokna somewhere around, shocked she wasn’t with her sister. Everyone from town was around. She could see Dahlia as well and Mags appreciated her quite a lot and that was only because she had seen the woman many times when she had gone to the hospital and saw her eating. She never approached but she had nothing negative to really say about Dahlia.

Her eyes had yet to see the one person that she knew would break her heart and she was relieved. She could see Nat handing out hot chocolate and she thought she saw Eddie dressed as an elf? She wasn’t quite sure of her vision, but she knew everyone in the town because they had all come through the store. Yet with all her looking she still hadn’t found her family. The only people she cared about at this time. Her eyes had yet to see Ellie, but she figured if Clay was back, Ellie was also back even if Graham hadn’t mentioned that to her. She didn’t mind the blonde, she had been there for her in a time of need, and she understood the girl. She had needed someone at one point and Mags hoped the girl would come home to family.

In that very moment her eyes saw him, and she needed to change her path but she couldn’t. There he was home at last and she felt the pain in her chest from seeing him.

Mention(s): Dazzle Dazzle LittleWolfie LittleWolfie Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving KingofAesir KingofAesir Soap Soap geminiy geminiy jasmyn jasmyn Jaellagirl Jaellagirl soft glamour. soft glamour.

Last edited:
Jessica Chloe

Jessica tried to smile, gripping the sides of the carriage when the horses picked up speed. "I'll stick to driving automobiles for the time being.." She smiled nervously over at Sean. Jessica did agree with Sean, they seemed to enjoy their job almost as much as Sean did. Jessica jumped as the truck came by honking its horn, and the two horses ignored it. "I guess I'm a little more on edge than they are." She wasn't sure why she was so nervous, it was a very rare thing for her to be nervous, but any animal that wasn't her cat tended to make her uncomfortable.

"they might not be, but obviously I am" JC laughed nervously. "They did a good job this year." She looked up around the streetlights all decorated with garlands.

JC listened intently to Sean going on about his family and his last lighting ceremony with his family. JC always wondered what it would be like to have siblings, to feel so unbelievably close to someone but still want to kill them. "It's okay." She looked down at her hands, ignoring the rest of the town. The only person she was hoping to avoid and see at the same time was likely on her way back from college. She was too good for her, JC would be lucky to get into Anchor Bay's community college, let alone an ivy league school. "hmm?" She looked up at Sean when she heard him say something.

Sean moved on quickly though. "I just.. Write." JC wrote about her homes before Anchor Bay, and the day dream life she had. JC wrote about things that would never happen. "It's really nothing special...."

------

The two of them arrived at the festival, the lights hadn't turned on quite yet, and JC waved goodbye to Sean. "I'll be back in a few, unless you need help setting up?" She raised an eyebrow at Sean. She really hoped the answer was no, she wanted to find Sterling, after hearing rumors about a party.

Interactions: Open Mentions: geminiy geminiy KingofAesir KingofAesir

Clayton Moore

"She'll be here for the day." Clayton knew what Ellie meant, if anything the Tree lighting was a bigger holiday for their family than the actual holiday. But what was he supposed to do, you can't really expect someone to understand if they haven't ever been to Anchor Bay. "Her home is California.." Clayton rubbed the back of his neck, his sister was right. He had spent all the entire summer with her family and their traditions, but Mia wouldn't change her plans to experience where he had grown up.

Clayton smiled at his sister, as they got up to head home and get ready for the tree lighting. "I'm not even sure that I brought enough warm clothes, and I know Graham raided my closet when I left." He chuckled lightly, trying to enjoy the night and not focus on everything that was on his mind.

-----

Clayton and Ellie changed and made their way down to the lights, Clayton attempted to get out of the house as quick as possible. His parents had brought up the same questions about Mia that Ellie had asked. They weren't wrong, they were very fair questions, but he still hadn't broken the news to them. Mia wanted to tell them together, but also refused to come home and visit on the biggest day of the year.

"It's okay guys, she just didn't want to take the time off. She'll be here for Christmas and New Years." Clayton tried to counter their concerns but they just kept coming. "Can we talk about it later? I really want to get down to the tree lighting." He smiled confidently and his parents nodded to him.

Clayton made his way out the door with Ellie at his side, heading down to the lighting a bit early to catch up with old friends. Their parents were sure to follow close behind.

------

Clayton was chatting with some of the old townies, they were asking all about Mia and school, and California. But was quickly interrupted when he heard the music begin, everyone became quite and turned to face the trees. It was like how most people celebrated New Years, the count down would begin and the lights would flick on. Then Santa would show up.

"Three" Clayton was smiling brightly, he missed this. "Two" He missed home. He chanted with everyone, as the lights switched on on their count of "One." His smile grew and in that moment he his eyes met Magnolia's. His best friend from high school, the girl he thought he would marry one day. His smile softened, but it never wavered.

He waved to his Ex before making his way through the crowds, who watched as Santa came in on the fire tuck, standing up on the back waiving to all the kids around him.

Interactions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Mentions: Soap Soap

model--angela-mazzanti--in-night-city_18018044447.jpg

Rihana
Interactions: Mags Mom Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

IMG-3183.JPGIMG-3241.JPGIMG-3240.JPG
Once Rihana had gotten her much needed coffee she went went home. Getting her dog Coopa she hopped back into her Humvee. Driving back into town she found a nice place to leave her car and explore her town with Coopa. A sweet smile on her lips as Coopa jumped out behind her. He was always a great dog, Never one to leave her side so she never had a reason to leash him. Locking her car she headed off down the busy streets of Anchor Bay. It wasn't long though till she came across a familiar person. She wasn't expecting to see this person but to her surprise she did. It was Mags's mother but something was definitely wrong. She froze for a Mere moment when her sights set on the wheelchair. She never expected to see the woman in a wheelchair so she almost didn't believe it was her. She just had to make sure, slowly Rihana Approached. "Miss Steele? Hi how are you." She said in a good bit of disbelief at the old woman's current state. She did her best of course to not show her shock at the wheelchair as she spoke. "I don't know if you remember me. I'm Rihana." She said softly to her. She couldn't help but wonder what had happened, how had she end up like this? She looked sick and only getting worse. Coopa sensed it to as he walked up. His tail wagging happily as he gently sniffed at the old woman. Coopa was always known for his loving and protective personality and it showed as he gently started to lick Miss Steele's hand happily. Nuzzling into her lap wanting to be pet as Rihana spoke. "How have you been miss Steele?" She asked softly to the kind woman​

Last edited:
tumblr_n3f2ucu6ey1shvrd7o4_r1_250.gif

Remmick had gotten his Aunt Viv ready to go out to the tree lighting ceremony, he had bundled her in a hat, scarf, gloves, and a heavy coat with the warmest socks and boots he could find. He was doing his best and doing as his cousin requested, and he did all this because he knew the stress, she was under was probably high and she probably kept it hidden from the town and really everyone. So, he knew if he had made one wrong call on what was bundled, he wouldn’t hear the end of it from Mags. He had helped his aunt into her wheelchair and put a blanket over her lap. He was making sure there was no chance she would be cold before they left the house, β€œRemi, I’m fine dear. I don’t need all these layers.” She protested with him. Of course, he couldn’t help but smile at his aunt, β€œYou say that now, Aunt Viv, but it’s going to get colder.” He didn’t want to say that he was told to make sure she was bundled because he knew how Aunt Viv was and would only protest more because β€˜Mags worries too much’ Which he of course agreed with but she was not a force to say no to when it came to family.

When he finally got out of the house the walk to downtown wasn’t too bad and he tried to position his aunt where Mags had wanted. Older townsfolk had come to say hi to his aunt and ask how she was doing, and she was having a good day as far as Remmick could tell. She was chattering away, and a large smile was plastered on her face. He couldn’t understand how she could be so happy when she was so sick but that was where he and his cousin differed from Viv.

As he was standing waiting for Mags, he saw a girl covered in tattoos come over, she was pretty but nowhere near his type, so he stayed silent as he watched their interaction. His aunt Viv had smiled at the girl, β€œOf course I remember you Rihana. Good to see you back in town. I hope your family is doing well.” He could see the look of shock on Rihana’s face and his aunt just shooed the look away, β€œDon’t worry dear. It’s worse than it looks. I know you and Mags had a little disagreement before you left but that’s the past. She should be here soon if you want to talk with her.” Viv was too nice for anyone and it was the one trait he admired most about his aunt.

The music had slowed, and everyone had begun to count down and there it was the tree was lit in all its glory. He could see why his aunt loved this kind of thing and why Mags had made sure he had got her there. The look of joy on his aunt’s face made everything worth it in that small moment. He looked to Rihana, β€œI’m Remmick. Magnolia’s cousin. Nice to meet you.” He gave a small smile. He knew once Mags showed up, they would go and do the traditional meet and greet with Santa. Viv had wanted it and there was no way either young adult was getting out of it.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving
--
Troian_Bellisario.gif

Micki had been around downtown for a while and people had finally begun to show up which meant the time for the ceremony was getting closer. She was looking around for anyone to talk with. She wanted to make a few more friends rather than just milling about. She was young and newer to the town, so she had already felt the difficulty of finding friends. She had seen the bookstore manager, but she always looked so grumpy that Micki had for the most part avoided the girl. As she was walking about, she saw a girl dressed way nicer than the rest of the town. The girl was beautiful, and Micki wanted to befriend someone who dressed in a way and had confidence in them that exuded out no matter where they stood. Those were her favorite kind of people, so she made her way towards the female.

She was excited for the countdown when it began, she stopped to join in on the counting before she made her way back towards the girl. She smiled as she approached, β€œHi, I’m sorry. You are dressed so nicely I had to ask where you’re from. I never see someone dressed like the city around here.” She missed the city, not as much as her brother but she still missed it and this girl seemed like she would be a breath of fresh air.

jasmyn jasmyn
--
687474703a2f2f7374617469632e74756d626c722e636f6d2f61323837666534346632303261623639363238316434346361636439386338332f73766c71706e332f6567306e6c667335382f74756d626c725f7374617469635f64736a7339616f3268317338636b6334736f6b3038386f77342e676966

Aiden had finished his tutoring and was making his way to meet up with his family, they were supposed to meet up with the girl they were housing for the exchange program. He wasn’t necessarily excited because he had to do a lot of cleaning prior to her arrival and it had sucked. His mom had been nagging the entire time because everything had to be perfect for the girl’s arrival. When he got home, he realized Micki still wasn’t home, but his parents were ready to go to the ceremony. They were going to meet Cassidy for the first time and so he had to be nice to her. He had to be on his best behavior.

He and his family had made their way to the common area of town and they were looking for Cassidy, it shouldn’t have been too hard. The girl they knew had pink hair and she had a suitcase still with her which most no one else had. So, they began to look around for her. Eventually Aiden spotted a girl that looked like the picture they had received, and he beckoned his family over to where she was. He saw she was with someone else that had had recognized from the town. He didn’t know everyone that well, but he had seen the woman around on more than one occasion.

Aiden was the first to approach the two females, β€œHi, Cassidy?” he questioned nicely, β€œI’m Aiden. You’re going to be staying with me and my family while you go to Anchor Bay High.” He was going to be as nice as possible. He looked over to the other female, "Ive seen you around town, My family really appreciates that she wasn't alone the entire time." The woman could've left Cassidy to her own devices and yet she had helped her out. He looked back to Cassidy and figured he could invite the girl to the local party tonight, β€œA bunch of us at the high school are hanging out tonight if you want to join so you can meet some of the people you’ll be going to school with.” A genuine smile on his face. The girl was beautiful, but he already had his eyes set on a different girl. A ray of sunshine he was still figuring out how to talk with her, but she was always attached to Graham and he felt nervous trying to talk with her.

geminiy geminiy Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving
--
tumblr_mdhoclPFLV1qej15qo2_500.gif

Mags had panicked as soon as Clay locked eyes with hers. She couldn’t talk with him. She couldn’t be around him it hurt too much for her. She had been doing well evading almost every text he had sent her, not liking any of his photos on Instagram, and always shushing Graham whenever Clay was brought up. She figured if she never talked with him again, never heard about him she could just act like nothing ever happened, that she had never made the worst choice of her life. She had been doing well until the moment he had waved her over. She stared for a moment and she could feel the hurt in her rising up. She knew her face turned from shock and fear to pure anger.

She turned on her heels and began pushing through people, she didn’t need to deal with this, she could still just bury her feelings down. She had done well so far, though she was single, and some people knew why. Some just blamed it on the fact that she wasn’t a ray of sunshine, that she was blunt and mean at times. This felt exactly like how she was with Clay when he first befriended her. She always turned the other way and he would rush to catch up to her. Now he just wanted to talk, and she couldn’t. She was scared, something she would never admit out loud, but she was.

She could sense him getting closer as she turned her head and she stopped. She could see her mom with Ria, and she was caught between a rock and a hard place. She looked back to Clay and back to her mom. He didn’t know, she had never told him, and he was going to get a full view of her mother. She knew her mother had seen her and waved her over, so she made her way over, looking back at Clay. Her glance back was a little sad because this wasn’t how she had wanted him to find out. She had wanted to tell him in person, and she had tried once and failed. She didn’t want to ruin his happiness, but she knew he was going to be hurt finding out the way he was finding out.

She looked at Ria, β€œCan I help you? I thought I told you to never speak to me again.” Mags had no patience for Ria anymore, not after what she had said to her.

Magnolia’s mother reached for Mags’ arm, β€œMagpie, give her a chance to speak. Is Clayton coming over to talk?” Mags only shrugged. She kind of hoped he wasn’t coming over, but she knew she wouldn’t be able to stop him if he did. She just hoped he knew she didn’t want to talk with him.

Dazzle Dazzle Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Cody:

Cody was walking around the town square observing the tree lighting. He was a bit upset with his parents as they kicked him out of the house saying he should explore the town and try to make friends. He scoffed to himself friends. More like people who would stab you in the back. He continued to walk around the square observing the people of the town, debating on whether or not to head back to the house and get out of the cold.

Lokna

Loky spent this afternoon with Katherine. They mostly talked about her and Ria. She didn't mind it much and besides her plate full of pancakes were too delicious anyways. The time sure passed fast. Minutes and hours went by almost unnoticed and before Loky even understood her alarm went off. "Oh, I am sorry I do need to go but I am sure you can find Rihana later" She hurried away on her bike straight towards her home. This was the time her sister should have arrived home. She had waited for her so long and finally Ria was going to be home again.

She nearly jumped off her bike and left it lying. Like a storm she ran in from the door. "RI ARE YOU HERE? COME SHOW YOURSELF?" But no one move the hose was silent. "Ri? She should be here already." But Rihana was not home. The entire house was empty. She walked around and sulked a bit. The joy was ripped from the day from her and so she decided to go see the lighting ceremony. The ride there was sad and almost filled with tears. Ria wasn't there. She didn't come. For Loky this was a just more than she could take.

There were a lot of people. Some she liked, some she didn't and everyone there were familiar to her. This was the tree lighting she was alone. The mild panic had set in. She could see Magnolia in all her might. No that was not the way to go, not if she wanted to be skinned alive. Avoiding all the people tht might cause her death one way or another was hard. The time had reached the point when all the lights were lit and people was counting down. With one the area surrounding her filled with light and children cheered as Santa rode in on a firetruck.

[div class=container][div class=image][/div] [div class=blk][div class=title]katherine "kat" taylor [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]outfit β€’ vehicle β€’ engagement ring [/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll] After departing from Loky at the diner, Kat was making her way toward the tree lighting, her heels clicking as she strutted down the sidewalk. She checked her cellphone as she had already done a million times and just as she slipped the device back into her purse, a stranger walked up to her. She didn't recognize the girl but she seemed friendly and for Kat that was enough.

"I'm actually from here. Is that surprising?" Kat said with a laugh before offering her hand for a handshake. "I'm Kat. I was born and raised here in Anchor Bay but I have been living in New York for a little over four years now." she explained. She threw her phone in her purse and pulled the bag back onto her shoulder. "Are you here alone? We can watch the ceremony together, if you want. I came alone tonight too." she said with a smile.
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats][/div][div class=stats] interactions/mentions- lokna. micki.
tags- Jaellagirl Jaellagirl Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c]code by: undine[/div] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=container]height: 340px; max-width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #000 [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 33%; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/7999b46e19cee41efbf78ede451d70d3/37f1a3226305418c-20/s640x960/c5a2784601ac2fc836e233bfd400b33dc92afddb.jpg); background-size: 200%; background-position: 55% 30% [/class] [class=blk]height: 100%; width: 65%; left: 35%; position: relative; top: -200px [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: -120px; left: 0px; max-width: 235px; width: 100%; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 17px; color: #ff6699 [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #fff [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 13px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #fff; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 240px; top: -175px; height: 20%; width: 20%; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #fff [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/852eb0a5fa895ed467f7ce112e1d5881/tumblr_phx9b12fLb1vibyp0o1_500.gif); background-size: 200%; background-position: 60% 55% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 0px; top: -165px; height: 245px; max-width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 190px; width: 101%; font-size: 11px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; max-width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #ff6699; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #ff80aa [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #ff99bb [/class] [class=bla]background: #ff6699 [/class] [class=ble]background: #ff80aa [/class] [class=blo]background: #ff99bb [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; color: white [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

Last edited:
Clayton Moore
tumblr_inline_nye7v1bZwB1szaa83_500.gif

Clay watched Mags turn on her heal and head back the opposite way. He wondered if she had found out about Mia, but that wouldn't have made sense. He hadn't even told his family about the engagement yet. Graham out have told the entire town by this point if he had. "Mags." He started making his way through the crowd as they all watched Santa come. Had anything really changed? He knew she hated confrontation, and he noticed things had been weird between for some time, but they were friends right?

Clayton followed Mags as quick as he could, even as people kept stopping him as he tried to catch up to Magnolia. "Hi Jen, I've been great." He watched as Magnolia almost disappeared behind the crowds, not bothering to make eye contact. "Schools.. Great.. Mind if we catch up later?" Clay looked at Jen briefly before continuing after Magnolia's path. "Magnolia." Clayton rolled his eyes. "I know you saw me." He smirked pressing through the last bit of the crowd where he saw that Magnolia had come to a complete stop, she looked back at him and he noticed her expression had changed.

Magnolia looked more broken than he remembered, he followed her line of sight as she turned back to what had stopped her. He saw Ria, and Remmi, and her mother... Her mother no longer looked like the strong women who had raised the love of his life, tired, and small. She still had that smile that would always answer the door with a plate of cookies for him. But that light in her eyes was gone. Clayton's smile faded, he hadn't realized that Mags had gone through so much in the four years he was gone. Graham hadn't told him anything. "Magnolia..." He almost whispered.

Clayton never was able to keep himself away from the Steele's, they had been such a big part of his life growing up. To think that VIv was so weak, the woman who suggested all the books he read. The woman who cheerleaded him along side Mags. He couldn't believe that no one had ever told him that she was doing so poorly. If he had known.. If he had only known...

"Ms. Steele, its great to see you again." Clayton made his way closer to the Steele's, he had his hands dug deep within his pockets, taking one out to shake Viv's hands. "I've missed this place, especially your book store." He smiled, his eyes glancing over towards Magnolia, he could see a storm brewing within them a death glare going back and forth between Ria and himself.

Interactions: Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler Mentions: Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

original (1).jpg

Rihana
Interactions: Viv Mags Remmick Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler , clayton Dazzle Dazzle
IMG-3241.JPGIMG-3240.JPGIMG-3183.JPG

Rihana was still in her own fair deal of shock that Miss Steele was in this state but as Rihana expected Miss Steele shooed her shock and worry away. Smiling softly Rihana responded. "Its good to see you to Miss Steele. The family is doing good, Recently moved everyone into a nicer place s there happy." Rihana said softly to her, Coopa still subtly nagging the old lady for attention as he rested his entire head into her let and let out a few happy huffs at her. When Mags cousin greeted her Rihana looked over to him, Sending a sweet smile his way. "Its nice to meet ya. Im Rihana." She said softly to him. Despite the smile on her face when Miss Steele said mags would be around Rihana grew nervous. Shed said awful things to her, things she honestly never even meant and she knew how mags was. Once someone hurt her there was no forgiveness besides her ex. "O-oh well uh if shes gonna be here I guess I should go. She isn't one for Forgiveness." Rihana said with a gentle sigh.

Though it was to late for her. Not a minuet later mags shown up. Her reaction though expected brought a bit of nippiness to Rihana. Did it look like Rihana was talking to mags? No she was clearly talking to the more reasonable of the Steele family not Mags. If they where alone Rihana would have definitely spoken on the subject but, she refused to bring up this feud in front of Mags Mother. Looking to Mags though her look couldn't help but turn into a gentle look of worry for the girl. It made sense her constant attitude. The way she treated people, it made more sense now. Still though Mags could at least be cordial around her family. "N-no no its fine miss Steele. Its not Mags fault anyways." She said her eyes going to Mags. She couldn't help it as she gave Mags a "Can we keep it cordial in front of you're family for Christ sake" sort of look. She didn't even really notice that Clayton was there yet though Coopa did. Leaving Miss Steele's side Coppa happily trotted over to Clay. His tail wagging happily as he made a few playful happy groans up to the man. Nuzzling his leg and wanting attention.​

[class=variables] --color: #b7cfda; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important [/class] [class=container] width: 530px; height: 300px; display: flex; margin: auto; flex-wrap: wrap; [/class] [class name=container maxWidth=450px] width: 300px; height: 100%; align-items: center; justify-content: center; [/class] [class=left] height: 300px; width: 220px; padding: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=name] font-weight: 900; text-align: center; border-bottom: 4px solid var(--color); width: 120px; display: block; margin: 10% auto; font-size: 18px; position: relative; [/class] [class=imgContainer] width: 100%; height: 90px; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; margin: 10px auto; [/class] [class=img] width: 90px; height: 90px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; filter: saturate(70%); [/class] [class=tag] display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--color); height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=right] width: 280px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-direction: column; overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=leftTagContainer] width: 100%; height: 100px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 50px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=imgContainer] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/386f500d8bbc13da2c26a6dbf0c1ec8f/tumblr_osw7o51VEM1u8au21o1_400.jpg')"][/div] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://data.whicdn.com/images/301499166/original.gif')"][/div] [/div] [div class=name]Sean Matthews[/div] [div class=leftTagContainer] [div class=scroll] [div class=tag]location[/div] anchor bay (carriage rides)
[div class=tag]interacts[/div] jc
[div class=tag]mentions[/div]
[div class=tag]tags[/div] Dazzle Dazzle

[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class=scroll] Sean shakes his hand and waves JC off. "No, no, go ahead! There isn't much to do besides wait for people to arrive." He says, hopping down out of the carriage and walking to the front where the horses stand. "Maybe I'll see you tonight at the tree lighting? If not, I hope you have a great time." Sean says sweetly, offering a warm smile to JC before turning his attention to the equipment.

Once he's done with checking the carriage and the tack, he reaches into his back pocket and pulls out two round white and red peppermints. He puts one in each of his hands and gives them quickly to the horses, knowing that he really isn't supposed to give them treats when they're on the job. "I won't tell if you wont," Sean chuckles, gently stroking each of the horses' neck.

Sean hops back up in the carriage and pulls his jacket closed tight, shivering at the cool wind. As he waits for people to arrive, his mind begins to wander. When he zones out, Sean can hardly control what comes to mind. One moment he's thinking about his job and the next he's thinking about having to go home tonight to his parents who will hopefully be in an okay mood after the tree lighting.

The only thing that stops Sean's excessive daydreaming is a small girl dragging her father up to the carriage, pleading with her father to let her pet the horses. Sean hops down and walks over to the girl, smiling warmly to the pair. "Well, it's your lucky day! I've got two horses here that would love to meet you, as long as your dad is okay with it?" Sean asks, looking to her father. With a nod of approval, Sean leads the girl over to the horses. The young girl wraps her small arms around the taller horse's leg, hardly reaching to its knee. Pixie lowers her giant head to see what has clung to her leg and gives a small snort in response, blowing hot air into the girl's face. The child giggles and reaches up to touch Pixie's head, only for the horse to raise it away from her touch.

With permission from her father, Sean lifts the girl up onto his shoulder so that she is sitting more even with the horses. She erupts into a fit of giggles as she runs her tiny fingers through Pixie's long grey mane. Pixie nibbles at the girl's curly black hair as the child attempts to wrap her arms around Pixie's neck. "I think they like you!" Sean laughs happily as Pixie drops the girl's hair and lets out a loud whinny. "Our carriage rides start in a few hours, just after the tree lighting. We go down all the major streets and trails to see the lights. Feel free to stop back by then, you're more than welcome to join us on a ride!" Sean explains, lodging the girl gently back on the ground.

[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
coded by shady.

[class=variables] --color: #b7cfda; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important [/class] [class=container] width: 530px; height: 300px; display: flex; margin: auto; flex-wrap: wrap; [/class] [class name=container maxWidth=450px] width: 300px; height: 100%; align-items: center; justify-content: center; [/class] [class=left] height: 300px; width: 220px; padding: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=name] font-weight: 900; text-align: center; border-bottom: 4px solid var(--color); width: 120px; display: block; margin: 10% auto; font-size: 18px; position: relative; [/class] [class=imgContainer] width: 100%; height: 90px; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; margin: 10px auto; [/class] [class=img] width: 90px; height: 90px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; filter: saturate(70%); [/class] [class=tag] display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--color); height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=right] width: 280px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-direction: column; overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=leftTagContainer] width: 100%; height: 100px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 50px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=imgContainer] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/989f3c696cf93dbe03b52b18f3170b96/tumblr_pkz2mbcw7V1xno8b4o3_250.jpg')"][/div] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/baecc8ad48ed2583d1bae6fa502a490a/tumblr_nqwgisRcJ01qbq2ano1_250.gifv')"][/div] [/div] [div class=name]Dahlia Li[/div] [div class=leftTagContainer] [div class=scroll] [div class=tag]location[/div] anchor bay
[div class=tag]interacts[/div] cassidy, aiden
[div class=tag]mentions[/div] n/a
[div class=tag]tags[/div] Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class=scroll] "It warms up a bit in the summer, but being by the water makes it a little cooler than the rest of the state," Dahlia explains. Her eyes widen as Cassidy mentions that she doesn't know what hot chocolate is, or perhaps doesn't understand. "It's a warm drink, made with steamed milk, cocoa powder, and marshmallows. It's delicious, you should try it when you're at the tree lighting tonight!" Dahlia suggests with a smile.

It is then a younger boy shows up. She recognizes his face to an extent and searches within her mind to remember his name but fails to find it. When he speaks to her, she nods and shrugs. "It really isn't any trouble at all, in fact it was my pleasure, though you guys should get her someplace warm." Dahlia explains, bouncing slightly on her feet to allow some of the blood to circulate back to her toes.

At the mention of the party, Dahlia decides to leave. "I should head out, I need to change out of my scrubs before the tree lighting," Dahlia explains. She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a small card with her name and phone number written across the front. "If you ever need anything or want some help around town, just let me know." Dahlia offers, placing the card in Cassidy's hand. She nods to the pair and smiles warmly. "I hope you two have fun tonight! Stay safe and warm!" She says before heading away from the pair and down the street towards her apartment.

Dahlia punches in the code to the building and steps inside, stomping the snow off of her boots before heading up the two flights of stairs to her small bachelor apartment on the third floor. She unlocks the door and steps inside, dropping her bag on the floor by the door and kicking off her boots, placing them on the boot tray to dry off some. She notices a blinking light on her receiver and wonders why the person didn't just call her cellphone instead of the landline.

She heads to the stove and begins boiling some water for a cup of tea as she pulls off her shirt and tosses it haphazardly in the laundry basket. On her way to her armoir, she presses the button on the landline receiver to play the messages as she picks out a warm sweater and a pair of jeans to wear once she gets out of the shower. There are four messages in total, one from her grandmother who constantly forgets Dahlia's cellphone number, one call from a family friend wishing her a happy holiday season, one message that she had forgotten to erase from the previous day. But the last message begins to play and Dahlia's mouth goes dry. She immediately goes over to the receiver and clicks the button to turn off the messages.

It was a message from Connor from earlier that week that she hadn't deleted. The two had dated when she was at Juilliard, but the pair broke up after Dahlia became distant after her injury that forced her to stop dancing. He had called to wish her a happy holiday season and to let her know that he'd be in the next town over visiting family if she wanted to meet up. Dahlia didn't really know what to do. She couldn't call him back to confirm or deny his request, nor could she delete the message. She was simply stuck, hearing his voice in the voicemail every time she got a message. She wanted to leave him behind, leave him in New York and move on with her life. She is happy now, much happier than she was when she was with him. Yet hearing his voice or thinking of seeing him seems so appealing yet hurts her to the core all the while.

Dahlia sighs and turns off the phone before heading to the shower. She needed to wash the day away and she needed some energy to go to the tree lighting.

[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
coded by shady.

tumblr_lmfhm1yjm71qdwjb5o1_r1_500.gif

Aiden had been grateful towards Dahlia, she was one of the nicer adults around town, or at least nicer than one. He waved off Dahlia as she left, β€œEnjoy the tree lighting and stay warm, miss. I’ll make sure we’re safe.” He yelled after her. She was too nice for him to not say something friendly in return. He looked back at Cassidy who was still cold, and he shrugged out of his jacket and pulled off his hoodie and handed it to her, β€œIt’s not much but it’ll help. My mom will take you out shopping in the next couple days for some warmer clothing.”

His eyes caught sight of the new kid walking around town, which meant there would be two new students at Anchor Bay, β€œYo! Cody!” Aiden yelled loudly for the boy. He waved him over hoping the boy would be willing enough to come over and socialize. He was new and Aiden had been in his shoes last year, so he understood. He wanted to make an effort and invite Cody to the party that was happening in the next few hours. Hopefully give the boy a chance to lose the name new kid. It was a hard name to shake off.

Fireheart Fireheart Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving geminiy geminiy
--
giphy.gif

Mags was annoyed that Clay had followed her and was now talking with her mother. Was everyone just planning on seeing her mom tonight? She hated that fact and it rubbed her the wrong way, but really Ria had been the one to rub her the wrong way. Her eyes shot daggers at the girl. Ria had been in the wrong all those years ago and Mags had definitely held a grudge especially when it had dealt with her breakup. It had been fresh, and Ria had to make a comment and that had bothered Mags because no one knew the story or at least the whole truth of it. Most had thought Clay broke up with her, which was wrong, but she hadn’t corrected anyone on their assumptions, but Ria had taken it too far and for that Mags couldn’t stand her. She gave Ria a look, β€œLook, you know what you did, Ria. It’s the holidays so I hope you enjoy them, but don’t expect niceness on my account. You don’t deserve it.” Viv shot her daughter a look of annoyance, β€œMagnolia. Enough. I’m sorry Rihanna. I hope my daughter hasn’t spoiled your mood” Mags could only shrug at her mother’s comment. Her mom knew the story, but she also had a bigger and kinder heart than Mags.

When it came to Clay Mags felt a little more apologetic but said nothing towards him. She couldn’t not in front of people. Viv, however, was not the same she smiled at Clay, β€œClayton, look how handsome you’ve become. I miss the bookstore as well. I haven’t been there in a bit, but Mags has been taking great care of it. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen your face, I do hope you and your family are doing well.” Viv loved Clay and had been sad for her daughter after the breakup. She remembered how hard it had been for Magnolia and she could only imagine how the pain must’ve been for Clay.

Dazzle Dazzle Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving
--
large.gif

Micki smiled at the girl she hadn’t seen her before, granted only being in Anchor Bay for a year meant she hadn’t seen most people before. It was the moment Kat explained she’d moved and lived in New York that everything made more sense as to why she hadn’t recognized the girl, β€œI’m Michelle, but I go by Micki. I just moved here last year with my family. This town is way different than living in the city.” Micki thought back to her time before Anchor Bay and her family had seemed more together now than ever before. Most of them seemed happier and less stressed which was a good thing. Anchor Bay was a good place for her family, but she had yet to see them anywhere downtown. Her brother hadn’t sent her a text which wasn’t a surprise he did things in his own time.

She looked around once more, β€œActually I’d love to watch the ceremony with you. I don’t really know many people yet, so some friendly company sounds great. What do you do in New York if you don’t mind me asking?” Micki wanted a friend and Kat seemed like a good one to try and start with. Maybe she would actually be able to get to know more people around the town if she talked with someone who had actually lived in Anchor Bay growing up.

jasmyn jasmyn

Natalie Dwyer

Natalie blew a hard puff of air out of her mouth, she looked up from her station of hot chocolate to see a girl with firey red hair standing just a ways a way looking a bit lost. She tried to rack her brain for the girls name, knowing that they must have gone to school together. However Natalie had been so buried within her books during her years of high school she had never paid much attention to anybody's name. "Hey!" she yelled trying to get her attention, "You look like you could use a cup of hot chocolate." She smiled, trying to be more friendly than she had been known for in school.

Natalie wasn't even sure that anyone in her high school had known her name, she was seen by herself most of the time the only friends she actually made had been with teachers till she left school.. Even now her friends consisted of regulars at the coffee shop, and she never really sought them out after hours. She was almost like a bartender, knowing more about peoples lives than she ever really wanted to. People went to her for guidance for some reason, she didn't understand it but she went with it. What else was she supposed to do in this little town.

When the girl still hadn't noticed her she went for a more direct approach. "Hey red!" Natalie hadn't wanted to call her over like she did but that's what she got for failing to remember names in this small little town. "Sorry, you just looked like you needed some hot chocolate." She smiled pouring the girl a cup. "I'm Natalie, I think... We went to school together." She said thoughtfully.

Jaellagirl Jaellagirl

Cody heard his name and looked around. Seeing Allen? No Aiden waving him over. Thinking he had nothing to lose Cody walked over towards him wondering what was going on. "What's up?" He asked Aiden wondering if this was going to be a good idea or not.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler

Clayton Moore

Clayton did his best to keep his act together. He smiled never really knowing how to handle compliments. "I should of come back and visited sooner." He wanted to add to that, he wanted to say all the ways he would have helped, but it was too late for that. He couldn't go back and change all the time he spent away from home. He didn't hate Mags for not telling him, however he was disappointed she hadn't. Clayton would of been there for her, he would have been on the first flight back. Fuck a degree he thought. Family meant so much to him, and knowing that Viv was in such a way and no one had bothered to tell him ticked him off.

Clayton felt a nuzzle at his leg bringing him back to reality, he knelt down beside the dog stroking his head. Animals were pretty special, he could feel himself relaxing despite the new news that sat in front of him. Suddenly he saw Magnolia's expression change as Ria fired a glare back towards Mags. He knew Mags didn't handle confrontation well, or maybe she handled it too well. He really didn't want to see an all out brawl at the tree lighting and figured the quicker he space between Ria and Mags the better. Clayton stood up slowly and gently grabbed Mags' forearm. "Do you think we could talk" He spoke softly towards her.

"Ms. Steele, I would love to catch up with you sooner rather than later, but do you mind if I stole your daughter away briefly." He smiled kindly towards the woman. Knowing that Mags would never go with him easily, but Viv may just convince her otherwise. "Remrick, Ria its good to see you both." He nodded towards them.

Elf_Ruler Elf_Ruler
Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Last edited:
Jessica Chloe

Jessica stood watching Sean interact with the little girl and one of the horses, she smiled, this was one of the things she loved so much about the tree lighting. It truly brought everyone together. However there were some downsides to that, she'd run into people that she had believed that she had gotten rid of. She turned on her heal to wander off and see what else the tree lighting had going on. JC saw Loky, and avoided eye contact at all costs, running by her quickly and making her way towards the fire engine that had just brought Santa in.

Loky and her had never really had a real fight, and they likely would still be friends if it hadn't been for JC. Jessica knew that Loky was leaving for college and didn't want Loky to ditch her, just like everyone else had. So rather than go through heartbreak over loosing yet another friend, Jessica cut off all ties from Loky without an true explanation. She had just last year, a good group of people in her corner. But with one simple mistake she ruined it, just because she was scared that someone else may have ruined it first.

Jessica's mind drifted back to this time last year, her and Ellie had grown so close, but yet Jessica had to go and ruin it. Like she did all of the time. She tried to remind herself that everything that happened hadn't really been her fault. But she was the one who had cut off ties with everyone, she was the one that continued the tension when Ellie may have wanted to go back to how it had all been before new years eve. But Jessica was stubborn and unwilling to make amends with anyone.

Jessica looked over the crowds of parents and kids who all surrounded Mr. Duncan, her high school business teacher, seated on a red bench with many lights pointed at him for pictures. Kids were waiting in line anxious to get a chance to sit with Mr. + Mrs. Claus. They really fit the bill for Anchor Bay's tree lighting, Mrs. Duncan was basically Anchor Bay's own Mrs. Claus 365 days a year. She was so sweet to everyone, and always baking. JC smiled, biting the corner of her lip so that her smile didn't grow too big.

She looked to the left of Mr. Claus and saw it, Eddie, the classroom TA, 6' and wearing an elf costume. It took everything inside of Jessica to keep from bursting out laughing. It was one of those moments that she knew she needed a picture of, getting in line herself to get a picture with Santa and his 'little' Elf. She believed that this was the best moment of her life and couldn't wait to get a picture with Eddie. As she reached the front of the line she just smirked evilly towards Eddie.

Mentions: geminiy geminiy Jaellagirl Jaellagirl Soap Soap Interactions: soft glamour. soft glamour.

Cassie Olivia Whitlaw
Cassie Gif 15.gif

Cassie instantly laughed with Graham. "My hands are always cold," she retorted as she poked her tongue out playfully, "But you know what they say; cold hands, warm heart." Subtly, the teen stole a glance over in Mags' direction. "Okay, yeah... I'm gonna assume that didn't go well given what happened between them... Escape might be the best option." Grabbing her friend's free hand, she pulled him out of the door behind her with a grin. "Sure diner and the story of how stupid I've been okay." A glint came to her eye as she swung his hand in hers, "I am totally going to need Lucy cuddles though, just saying," she stipulated.

"So .. like you know I found her a lil while ago? My sister that is right?" Cassie started talking, figuring she'd just get the story out and done with. "Well dad still doesn't know that I know about her but I wanted to meet her so I invited her to come to the Bay for the holidays and I didn't think that she'd say yes but she did and so she's coming to town at some point over the holidays but I don't know exactly when and my dad definitely doesn't know that she's coming either." The tale left her mouth all at once like word vomit. She knew it was a stupid idea and was nervous about actually telling someone what she'd done, especially Graham because she was worried about what he was going to say. Graham had been like her other half since they were tiny and so his opinions and comments mattered a heck of a lot to her.

Whilst she was bracing for her bestie's response however, the universe decided to save her, at least temporarily, with the interruption of the third member of their trio Sterling. "Tree!" Cassie greeted, grinning as she promptly jumped on his back and threw her arms around his neck in a sort of hug. "And of course you can join us, always," she confirmed. As her friend talked, Cassie continued to hang onto his back listening before properly poking her head round over his shoulder as he told them about Savannah. "Wait what?" The shock was there in her voice as she reacted, along with a touch of concern. "Okay just please don't kill Vince at least," Cassie pleaded.

Interactions: Dazzle Dazzle KingofAesir KingofAesir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back