• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
At night Fizzy laid in his bed, he could feel the punishment of abusing the stimulant pack, all his muscles were sore and each time he tried to do something a random part of his body would shriek in pain.
He called Sam, whose condition was better by now, to show up at his hospital's room

After laying in the hospital bed and letting the healing accelerants do their job, Sam's ribs were almost fully healed. She was still bruised, but at least she could walk around. And she had been walking around, metaphorically stretching her legs. Not that you really can stretch mechanical limbs. Her bedside communicator beeped and displayed Fizzy's request for a visit, complete with a room number.

After putting her shoes on, she made her way to Fizzy's room. "Knock, knock," she said, poking her head in.

"Hey, nice seeing you here girl, how was that boring meeting with the Mayor?"

"Boring, tedious. A lot of large, warm bodies in a small room." Sam shrugged, "Got some work done. Halo's basic coding is almost done."

"Hahaha..... ugh!" Fizzy laughed yet that brought pain to his body.

He extended an arm with certain difficulty

"Could you help me sit, please?"

Sam stepped over and took Fizzy's arm, helping him into a sitting position. She looked concerned, but she knew as well the pain his body was in.

She sat down next to Fizzy to offer better support if needed.

Fizzy was in pain, his body was sore, but he lied in something...
It wasn't something he couldn't endure

He took that chance to wrap his arm into an embrace around Sam and then...

He kissed her, not a forceful lustful kiss, but a delicate one.

Of all things, a kiss was not what Sam expected. It caught her off-guard, she didn't know if she was supposed to react or not.

Simply put, the mechanical part of her brain that operated her limbs couldn't understand the chemical signals of, among other things, surprise, a bit of confusion, and a bit of relief that after all the bullshit there was still something besides fighting and building she could do, and her mechanical limbs stopped moving. She didn't resist.

It was a short time, a few seconds, yet for both it felt longer, as if eternity was caught between both lips, deep inside that kiss.

Once both person's lip separated, Fizzy locked eyes on Sam as he caressed her face.

"I almost died there and you were the only thing I could think about..."

"Hmm," Sam's lips parted in a smile. "I don't know how I feel about that."

Holding herself up with her arm for fear her mechanical bits wouldn't support her, she leaned into Fizzy's hand. "If you die, I'm gonna have to track down Hades instead of Hephaestus."

"That would be a hell of a trip, a minor demon tore you apart remember?"

He caressed her hair as he embraced her body

"Say Sam, Do you?.... what if?..... I mean?...." Fizzy couldn't find the right words
He cleared his throat

"Shall we take vacations? You and me, nobody else, together, you can choose the place..."

The man locked eyes with her

"I guess I just want to abandon all this.. chaos with you.....even if it's for a brief period of time"

Sam blinked as a small tear snuck out of her eye. "Think we can get through airport security?" She wiped the tear away and returned the embrace.

Thoughts ran through her mind, scenarios and places they could travel to between missions. Long list, and she smiled at each one.

"I guess we better survive long enough to pack."

Fizzy smirked and then he kissed her once again

Kotsu walked over to Dionysus and got on one knee before he asked, "Is there anyway that you could help Owl more than you already have?" Kotsu put his hands down as well to bow deeper, his head on them. "Or even just help the Joes in anyway? If not, could I still take the golden drachmae?" Kotsu inquired, "I'd like to at least take my friends out for a celebratory dinner..." Kotsu blushed before saying the next part. "And uh, maybe, uh... Give Owl some more money...?" Kotsu said embarrassed.

Kinggunlucky Kinggunlucky mmarage mmarage Exzalia Exzalia

Joe blinked as he heard what Kotsu was saying. "Huh...? Help us...?" He asked quietly. He walked over to Kotsu and tilted his head. "...You don't have to do this for us." He said quietly, before looking at Dionysus. "Um... Mr. Dionysus... if it's possible... could mine and my brother's earnings be given to Kotsu instead?" He asked in a volume that he hoped would be low enough for only Kotsu and Dionysus to hear.

The Sand Lands

Chapter1​

Three months later…

Dionysus sits in his chair with a glass of wine swirling gently in his hands. It had taken a while but everything was set up for the expedition to the land of dreams and sand. Just in time too.

Owl was getting worse.

He put her up in one of his hotels during this time as Owls memory of where she now lived and how to get there was wiped away. She was there now gleefully watching Saturday morning cartoons, his champion reduced to a mere toddler in mind. The demon of destruction had damaged far more than her memories, but Dionysus had made plans for Owl and he would see that his investment was not squandered.

He dials Denton and when the man answers there is no greeting only a calm and stated order.

“Meet me in New Mexico at this exact location and bring your team. It is time to restore what is rightfully mine.”

Denton understood with out saying anything else, and the call goes out.

Maniacles, assemble.

The following evening against the backdrop the setting sun the team meets at a large abandoned military hanger repurposed for the mission. They trickle in traveling from Mexico city out into the desert that seemed to stretch on forever.

Owl looks up at Dionysus curiously, he looks especially broody today. He had been like a dad to her these past three months, a dad who gave their child everything they wanted and then left them to their own devices, but still that was better than nothing. She looks on to approaching vehicles eager to see her friends again jumping up and down like a kid at Christmas.

When they had all assembled Dionysus begins to speak.

“I’m glad you could all make it-“

“Hi Kotsu, his Samantha, hi Vivian!” Owl interrupts waving at them.

Dionysus clears his throat. “As I was saying time is of the –“

“Hi Aria! Hi Denton! Hi... what’s his face again? The guy who got naked that one time?”

“I’m not sure.” Dionysus says patiently.

“Oh…hi guy who got naked that one time! Hi Clayton! Hi Fizzy pop! How do you like that? Fizzy pop? I made up the nick name myself!” Owl giggles pleased with herself.

“Owl.” Dionysus says calmly. “I’m trying to speak.”

“Oh…sorry.”

Dionysus pats her on the head. “Why don’t you play over there while the adults hash this out?”

“Okay.” Says with pep in her voice and then skips off humming.

Dionysus takes a breath. “As you probably guessed, this mission is in regard to Owls mental state. She is…declining and I will be tasking you with restoring her before it is too late.” He pauses anticipating their questions.

AbatedBigfoot AbatedBigfoot
Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Last edited:
The two cyborgs had used their time between jobs to take a cruise around the Caribbean. Drinks, games, fun, the two-week party around the islands, and then another week on the final stop. The two retreated to their cabin after a day on the beach, sand and saltwater on their skin and in their hair as they began putting their things away for the return trip.

"Time really went flying no Sam?"
Asked Fizzy as he fought against a suitcase trying to fit copious amounts of clothes on it.

"But each minute of it was eternal with you " stated the man smirking at the girl.

Fizzy had now a tanned skin, and his blonde-orange hair was longer, two strains of hair at the sides of his face, and a short ponytail. His right hand was now replaced by a prosthetic

"Sure was, Fizzy," Sam said cheerfully. She'd seemed to open up a bit more over the vacation. She smiled more, seemed more relaxed.

She had attempted to tan, but her synthetic skin didn't react to sunlight the same way. She was less pale, but nowhere near tanned or even sunburned.

She did, however, share the struggle to re-pack. They'd stopped at more than a few souvenir shops on the trip and visited a few stores. She managed, though, after taking out and re-folding some of the clothes and putting the toiletries in her backpack. "Remind me to stick to just one swimsuit next time."

Fizzy looked through the morning sun at the window. It was an awesome trip
Sun, beach, sea, cruises, spectacles, dance, drinks, kisses, love... Everything was perfect.

He sighed, it was time to work, but both promised to revive these vacations, travel to other parts of the globe, enjoy their time together.

"I think these were the best vacations of my life"

"Me too, Fizz," Sam said, reaching across and pulling Fizzy's hip to her own. "Think we'll be able to do it again?", she asked, "Or even visiting a monastery, that could be fun." She smiled at the thought.

Fizzy embraced Sam and kissed her.

"Of course and even more..."

His phone buzzed, Fizzy took a quick glance at it and he frowned

"Tch, wonder what Maniacles want now... last mission was almost a suicide"

Sam groaned, "I still gotta fix my gear, too. Thought we had longer." She checked her own phone. "Jesus, they've been blowing me up all day." She'd left her phone in the cabin, let work sort itself out for the day. But now her home screen was filled with notifications of missed calls and text messages.

"I thought you had fixed it already, gotta say Olivia's work is pretty good" Stated as he twisted his right wristle in a complete 360° motion"

"I finished Halo's core and got her started on the armor," Sam sighed, "The graphene suit was torn all to hell and the drones are in pieces. I was too caught up in bringing Halo to completion to see if I could repair anything."

"So exactly how much power do you want to put in that suit?" Asked Fizzy with curiosity
He had seen Sam using part of her free time to work into her "project", it fascinated him the change of attitude, the sudden trance she enters into any time she begins to work.
Fizzy did know how to do basic maintenance to his prosthetics, however designing and innovating was something completely different, most of the time he saw entire screens filled with characters and numbers in front of a extremely focused Sam. At those times he could only sigh and smile, her passion for the machinery was still winning over him, not that it bothered him though, that was just one more charming element of her.

Sam laughed, "You ever read that old comic book, Iron Man?", she asked, "Picture that, without the hole in my chest."

"Repulsors, lasers, shoulder darts, flight, robot maid, the whole nine yards." She knew she'd left Fizzy alone at night a few times as she fiddled with computers. She didn't pretend it was easy, she'd gone to bed with migraine more than once. But it was like a child to her, she had to bring it into the world, and it was better for the delivery to happen and get it over with than to make it happen later and have it suck even more.

"Best part? Denton's paying, he destroyed my bike."

"Denton huh?" mumbled Fizzy

Denton, his old friend, partner in many missions and even training before. He thought helping him would be an easy task however... He remembers the moment he lost control and grabbed him by the collar, his body wounded, his ribs broken, yet still he only wanted to punch him in the face. He still had a lot of respect for his friend, however.... however....

He shook the thought away.

"I think we should go Sam, we can't miss this flight, you know?"
He smiled
"Next time you can carry me flying in that iron man suit of yours"

Sam smiled and stood up, "I'll make you one, if I can," she replied. "Let's get going."
Sam returned to her workshop to see the mess left behind when her roommate came to borrow something without asking and never putting anything back. She sighed and began putting things away, making a mental note to put a better lock on the door. The socket set went back together, tools went back on their racks, bolts and screws went back in their containers.

In her organizing efforts, she found her old gear, torn apart by the demon, Andras. She’d just put her suit and weapons on the table, intending to repair them later once she returned from the vacation, but upon inspecting the suit to see if it was repairable, she realized that the material the graphene was attached to was beyond repair. She’d have to get an entire new suit made. Sighing, she pulled her AI from it’s project she’d left it at over the break. Call it a robot butler, this version of Jarvis was building the suit.

“Talk to me, Halo,” Sam said as she stripped anything useful from the drones. “How’s it coming?”

“The central circuitry of the armor is eighty-two percent complete, Ms. Adams,” Halo replied, “Seatbelt synthesis is on hold until measurements are complete.” A little blonde angel appeared on the table, projected from a little device.
“Any messages?”, Sam asked, rummaging through the suit pockets to get any stray bits and pieces of drone or tool out of the suit.

“Olivia has asked if you have been maintaining your prosthetics,” Halo said, “Mr. Kotsu has been leaving positive reports on the whip weapon you built for him.”

Sam nodded as she pulled out the business card Dionysus had given her. “Vulcan Metalworks”, the card read, the symbol of a hammer striking an anvil sat under the text, a stock picture of fire served as the background of the business card. The words were raised and colored silver to stand out against the red and black flames.

“Halo, I need you to make a phone call,” Sam said, reading the phone number out loud to the AI.

“Calling: Vulcan Metalworks,” Halo said, before playing elevator music to show she was waiting for someone to pick up.

Sam returned to rummaging through the suit and tossing it aside once she’d become sure she’d found everything.

“Vulcan Metalworks. If it’s metal, we can make a lot of it,” said a voice on the other end, “This is Teresa, how can I help you?”

“Hi, this is Samantha Adams,” Sam said, “I was told to call this number to speak with someone called The Builder?” Teresa was silent for a moment.

“The Builder? Are you sure?”

“Yes, ma’am, I was specifically told that I could reach him through this number.”

“Who reccomended you?”

“Mr. Dionysus, at Passions Vineyard.”

Sam didn’t get a reply for a few seconds. She thought maybe she’d been hung up on, and then a fire erupted in the middle of the workshop.

“Whoa, Halo, fire control!”, Sam shouted.

“That!”, shouted a man’s voice, “Will not be necessary.” The fire flickered out, and a man in a wheelchair was where the fireball was. His legs were covered with a blanket, and he was bare-chested except for a leather apron, and a set of hammers and tongs were strapped to the wheelchair. His face was dark with soot and his beard seemed lit by embers that weren’t there and kept reappearing.

“I believe you wanted to speak to me, Ms. Adams?”, Hephaestus said, “My brother wouldn’t have given you my number if he didn’t think you were worthy to.”

Sam was at a loss for words for a few seconds. She’d expected a phone call, maybe even a dead-end number, not a personal visit!

“Speechless, I understand, not everyday you meet a god.” Hephaestus rolled over.

Sam seemed to find her words again. “I’m sorry, after meeting Dionysus I expected something… different.”

Hephaestus chuckled, “Yes, Dionysus would give a different image. When I was a newborn, my mother decided I was too ugly, and hurled me off the mountain. She shattered my legs in the process, but I assure you it did not affect my work.”

“I’m sorry about that,” Sam said, “I called because I thought I’d like to know the god related to my craft.”

“Just as my other worshippers did,” Hephaestus said with a smouldering smile. “Why seek the favor of the god of marriage if you were an unmarried carpenter, yes?” He nodded, “Of course. I suppose you want my favor? Blessing?”

“You seem quick to decide,” Sam noted, “You haven’t even seen if I qualify.”

Hephaestus chuckled and gestured to the workshop. Tools, half completed projects, completed projects. “Show me any craftsman’s workshop and I can tell you everything about them. You don’t even need my blessing, but you definitely qualify. Any god needs a good champion, and personally I’d rather mine be able to defend herself.” He nodded, and held out his palm, a multi-colored fireball appearing over his hand.

“My champions can count on immunity to the flames. Perhaps some pyrokinesis, if you’re good. The crafts will respond to you as though you were trained in them, and as long as you continue to work towards becoming a master craftsman, you can count on keeping that skill. Metal would be malleable like clay if you wish it. Do you want it?”

Hephaestus asked the question, but he looked confident that he knew the answer. And he did.

“Yes sir,” she said, touching the flame with her mechanical hand. The flame rushed into and fused into her arm, running over her body like a splash of water, coating her in a deluge of flame. Then the fire just disappeared.

“Yes, you will do well,” Hephaestus nodded, “You have my number, Teresa will patch you through directly from now on. Call me if you have questions. Or pray, modern gods are fond of that, aren’t they?” And then in a ball of fire, he vanished.

Sam sank back in the chair and chuckled. She didn’t think she’d have made it this far in the conversation.

“Halo, get the skinsuit liquid together, we’re finishing the armor.”

Sam walked up to the hanger, two large suitcases pulled along behind her, a backpack on her back, while a hologram of a little blonde girl sat on her shoulder, small enough to be a doll if it were solid, but flickering as particulates crossed the projector.

“Hi, Owl,” Sam said cheerfully, “Missed you.”

Last edited:
For the past three months, the twins had been spending the days in silence once more. They had been honing their alchemy skills... more to pass the time than anything else. They had to stick to short recipes, or else the alchemist's fire would go out and would need to be relit. They mostly kept with their usual slew of alchemical creations, elemental bombs, ration bars, salves, and healing potions. They sometimes experimented with other recipes, creating experimental bombs, and even small trinkets that boosted their natural abilities somewhat.

01 had been getting used to his new leg. Often he would reach down and touch the metallic leg, expecting to feel his old leg instead. The two... didn't really want to talk about what had been happening to them. Their hair had been thinning quite a bit, and they one day elected to just shave it close to their head. Without alerting anyone, they carefully tossed the hair into the fire, watching it all burn. It left a disgusting smell in the room. They were feeling more and more tired as the days went on, finding themselves having less and less energy.

Of course, they alerted the researchers and scientists of the development. They told them that they didn't want to leave a mess, so that's why they had burnt their hair, saying that they had no idea that it would cause that kind of stench in the room. The scientists were annoyed that they hadn't just allowed it to fall out naturally to allow them to document the progression of the degradation of their bodies, however, they didn't question it any further. They were ran through the battery of tests once more.

They had taken to drinking a steady supply of their own potions, and experimenting with different recipes to give them a boost of energy... and maintain their current level of health. Despite that, they knew that their end was drawing nearer each day.

When they were finally called back into action, the twins compiled their creations, packed their bags, and were on the next plane to New Mexico. When they arrived, they got into the cab that was called for them in advance and just stared out of the windows in silence as they drove.

They eventually got out of the cab, grabbing their backpacks. Once again, their more... dangerous items would be shipped to them. They walked up to the rest of the group, saying nothing for now.

"Fizzy... pop?" He raised an eyebrow, wasn't expecting a nickname.

Well she is a twelve years old girl now... Thought the man

"Come over here Owl." Asked Fizzy

The man produced a candy from one of his pockets

"Well is not a Fizzy pop but it should suffice" Stated with a smile

He turned to Dyonisius and Denton

"So what's the big plan? Does it have something to do with this watcha-land?" Asked Fizzy, Sam had informed him about what happened when she was in the hospital

"Some what Mr Fizzy pop." The God says with a humorous grin. "Things that are lost are not gone, they go some where, the land of the lost. Not a physical place but a dimension that exists in the mental realm. That's right all thought, all memories and emotions they are the foundations for worlds onto the selves. Each mind a self contained world linked by cosmic eathers you mortals can scares understand."

Owl runs up to Fizz and takes his gift with a squeal of delight. "Thanks Fizzy pop. Oh...hi Joe and joe!"

Dionysus continues. "Owls failing mind is the result of key psychological foundations being shattered by the demon. But in the sand lands, a world between worlds they exists in bits and pieces. Collect them and you will restore Owl."

He turns and gestures to the hanger, inside are a series of pods all connected their hulls etched with magical runes and hieroglyphs. "That, is how you will be getting there, and how you will be getting back...hopefully." He adds with a grunt.

"Don't miss the part where we can get eternally lost and die in the physical world Mayor?."

His expression turned serious

"So how do we prevent that?"

The twins gave her a forced, tired smile. "Hey Owl." They said in unison. Their voices sounded tired. It... was probably just the plane ride here. Well... that and their waning energy. They'd have to try and keep that hidden from the others. They can't afford to drag everyone down, especially if it's something this important. They could help Owl get her memories back. This... might be their last mission. They should try and finish strong, before their end.

"I guess we better get ready, then," Sam said, "Do our weapons come with us or can we only bring what we can fit in the pod, Mr. Dionysus?"

Exzalia Exzalia

Dionysus Laughs. "Oh Mortal the pods won't physically bring you there. You spirit, your mental self is the only thing that can enter the sand lands. As for your weapons, well, your subconscious mind will not be able to tell the difference between the dream world and reality. You will experience the mental realm as you would here even though it is, literally all in your head. As such you will bring nothing, and, lack nothing."

He turns to Fizzroy. "Which reminds me, you can not die in the dream world technically. But your mind doesn't know that, so if you take enough damage that your subconscious brain believes you should be dead, well, people who think they are dead don't wake up. Many a mortals lay wasting away in their beds thoroughly convinced that they have died. So...don't die, treat any hazard in the dream world as you would the physical one. And bring back my champion."

Kotsu had spent the last three months training his body. He exercised from when the sun had come up to when it fell. Aria would try to knock on his door to show him how to make his own leech farm, but he had other things in mind. Kotsu had taken to sending Sam The Whip It to have it upgraded where it could use elements and naturally have them store inside of the canisters and recharge on their own. When he had received it back, he went on a spree of slaughtering weaker vampires and feeding on them, always on the prowl for more prey. Power was the only thing that was consuming Kotsu's mind. If he had been stronger, he could have protected Owl and his friends. Kotsu took a picture with the Finder twins and a sour Denton in the hospital, making a face as he got hugged again by Kotsu as he was also hugging the twins with a wide grin on his face.

"Couldn't save them. He's got a fake leg now because you were pathetic!"

Kotsu would periodically leave Sam messages after feasting upon another victim of his. He didn't have time to argue with the morality of his actions at this point. He could feel his muscles growing. His strength enhancing. He could be impaled by another vampire with their arm now, and he'd smile while ripping off their head and drinking from their neck like a fountain. Kotsu's physice was becoming larger, as he continued to exercise. A hundred pushups to the average man was ten thousand to a vampire. Kotsu would continually push himself to go beyond himself. Occasionally breaking his own arms as he forced his body to limits. He would scream as it happened and would force them to regenerate and start over from the beginning. He could show no weakness. Kotsu had a picture of him and Owl that he would stare at on the wall in his room that he had taken with her after bringing her out to eat. She had gotten ketchup on Kotsu thinking that he'd prefer it over blood because it tasted sweet. Kotsu felt pain in his chest as he realized this isn't what he wanted before he held his head in pain. A voice booming into it as he had memories of Fritz and Sam stuck in hospital beds, the crunching of his own leg in the maw of that one vampire.

"Work harder, dammit! Protect her! Protect all of them! PROTECT YOURSELF!"

Kotsu would work on his legs, his core, his arms and his whips as well. Straining himself until he could finally manage the same blades on his whips normally, but by having the blood constantly flowing and pairing that with The Whip It's blades that remained stationary, he was able to make himself chainsaws on his whips with the blood blades on the whips as the tearing functionality. A wicked grin formed on Kotsu's face as he realized that this was meant for better prey. Kotsu put a blood bag in his mouth and bit down hard on it, letting the contents drain into his mouth. It was then that he got a call from his cellphone and angrily grabbed it from the floor with his whip, and answered in a hostile tone. "What, dammit?! I'm busy!" Kotsu said, blood dripping from his mouth as he said it and once he heard who it was on the other line he calmed down and composed himself. "Sorry. I was busy. I'll be there in a flash." Kotsu wiped off his face and got out his new combat armor, his combat knife had been upgraded to a Bowie Knife, with the odds and ends he needed in the sheathe itself. He stared down at his combat armor, and as he started to put it on, realized his muscles were resting more comfortably against it than usual. Must have been the added mass. Kotsu put on The Whip it over his combat armor, and a trench coat over that. He packed himself with cigarettes, a flask, and 6 packs of blood to make his way to his destination. He'd buy more if he needed any. He had to pick up something for Owl too, the twins, Sam, and he had to grab something for Aria too. Kotsu washed his face of the blood.

At the hanger, Kotsu sees Owl and gives her a tired smile, a half-smoked cigarette in his mouth. He looks at the rest of the group and smiles at them slightly. Something was clearly off about Kotsu, and he was also in really good physical shape. The outlines of his legs from the tight fitting combat armor accentuated his muscles in his thighs and calves. He walked over to Owl and handed her a bag filled with some giant bubble wands, coloring books, a bag of caramel hard candies, a small bag with a jewelry box inside of the bag, and another bag that had a few brightly colored dresses and hijabs.

"I think you'll like these Owl. It's nice to see you again." Kotsu said sweetly while gently rubbing her head. "Just be careful with the small black box. You can't open that till we get back." Kotsu said while walking over to Sam and smiling tiredly at her. "Hey Sam, long time no see." Kotsu was nowhere near as energetic as he had been before, and it was evident by his brisk interactions. He handed Sam a bag that had a 100 year old single malt Whiskey that had been written in Swedish. A custom made card was attached to it reading, "I know you two love birds'll drink this", some really expensive Jerusalem chocolates, and a rare collective figure of Iron Man that must have gone for a fortune at this point in time. "Figured you'd like the figurine. You mentioned it last time to me."

Kotsu made his way over to Aria and handed her bubble wands to play with Owl, and there was also coloring books, Don Quixote alcohol from Puerto Rico, and some little leech figures from an obscure zombie game. "Here Aria. Sorry for blowing you off. I got you some little leech figures to make up for that. I'll have to learn how to raise leeches after this." Kotsu made his way over to the Joes and handed them a bag. Inside the bag they'd find some pictures of them with the group after their successful mission them going to the amusement parks, playing some games while 01 was still in crutches and them all eating fried dough and candied apples together. Owl smearing a candied apple on Kotsu's face while yelling at him to eat healthier. "So you know you guys aren't replaceable."

Kotsu shuffled over to Owl to listen to her talk to him excitedly while he listened quietly to everything in the room.

Vivian arrived with the rest of the Maniacles, after the long flight Vivian stretched a little as she approached the group. She smiles at Owl who had gotten worse last time she had laid eyes on her, waving a little before they had to run off and leave them to discuss what would be happening next. Vivian kept quiet as Dionysus spoke about how they would be getting back Owl's memories, looking at the pods and wondering how exactly they were going to get Owl's memory back. However one thing confused her, maybe it was the whole going into the mental realm or the fact that they could be stuck thinking that they were dead but in reality they were perfectly alive "So I've got the whole going into the mental realm to get her memories back and I'm all on board for it but where do we even start looking? Surely it isn't as simple as going into the realm avoiding some things that can leave us rotting away in those pods and grabbing the person she once was before the demon left her like this." She asked turning to Dionysus, giving them her full attention whilst waiting for him to explain their mission.

Denton said nothing, remaining unusually quiet. He wanted to listen here, absorb, learn. The idea of exploring an unknown alternate dimension didn't scare him, not in the normal way, quite the contrary in fact.

His heart beat faster and faster the more he thought about it, every time he glanced at one of the Pods. Fascinating machines. Their design impeccable, built from the combined efforts of both Maniacles, Dionysus, and a couple others who would be rewarded for their service.

Owl was only part of the game here, part of the play so to speak. Ward and the other directors wanted more. They wanted to know what lay in-between. Denton had no allusions regarding their odds here, but he owed the girl and she had her uses, plus Dionysus would be paying. What Ward wanted was a tad more...complicated to the say least. It mostly involved observation. Yeah. Plain old observation.

See how well the pods worked, establish a presence there somehow, see if anythings on the other side were open to or willing trade. A sinking feeling started in Denton's chest then crashed into his stomach. They were all helping to expand Manialces reach, giving them access to this place, it wouldn't be good. No matter how it turned out. This place, the Sandlands, it stayed in-between worlds for a reason. A place where men weren't meant to go.

The excitement in him quelled. Morgan. Isabelle. There were was a chance he wouldn't see either again. It hurt, a forever sort of hurt. One where your heart feels as if it has been kicked down some dark ravine and your hopes of getting it back were null.

He eyed his bandaged hand. A clever little grin touching his lips.

They, Maniacles in general, had Andras now, yes. A powerful weapon. Denton shuddered remembering the fight, the slaughter. It had been close, to close really. Now this. The unknown, the beyond.

So I've got the whole going into the mental realm to get her memories back and I'm all on board for it but where do we even start looking? Surely it isn't as simple as going into the realm avoiding some things that can leave us rotting away in those pods and grabbing the person she once was before the demon left her like this."

"Good question, Bickle?"

Bickle pokes his head out from behind one of the pods. He throws back his black bangs and walks over to them awkwardly.

"H-hey guys,"

The God of wine takes a sip and muses. "He has been in training since you last saw him his mind magic is potent. He will act as your guide in the mental realm with his help you should be able to locate her shattered memories. But knowing where they are and getting them are two different things."

"I'll be coming too!" Owl says with a grin. "I too want to find out what happened to grown up me. Honestly it sounds really fun!"

"She may have the mind of a child but her mental magic is potent, she will be of use." Dionysus states. "Anymore questions?"

Kotsu stands to face Dionysus while holding his head. One word screams at him with every fiber of his being.

POWER

Kotsu shakes his head. "I... Remember you offering Sam a way to meet Hephaestus. Is it... Possible for me to seek Ares after this? I need more... Power..." Kotsu's eyes flashed red as he said this.

Huh? The kid right....
"Freckles was it? How is he going to help us?"

Also.... Why Denton agrees with this plan... Owl read his mind, he shot her afterwards, meaning she learnt something that she shouldn't. Isn't that contradictory? Why Denton wishes for her to recover her memories? Unless.....

He shook that thought

"Mayor, the most important thing, how do we get out that place?"

Quentin laughed at the naked comment. "Everyone always remembers me being naked but not that vampire" he said as he looked at kotsu. "The names Quentin, nice to meet you again Owl" he said as he waved his hand.

Aria

That small guilt should be insignificant, yet Aria's mind couldn't get rid of it. She was conditioned to take punishment whenever she caused trouble, it gave her a peace of mind, the justification she needs in order to forgive herself and move on. The lacks of punishment drive her nuts. Day by day she always questioning and blaming herself. Her mind was cracking and Alucard did his best to tends to this crack. Whispering harmful thought one after another. Aria couldn't just ignore him like before.

Alucard's goal? At first it was to make Aria relies on him once more, forming a dependency, but now he found another way to take over the body, drop her mental defense to the absolute minimum. He's Alucard, Lord of the vampire, conqueror of Europe and King of the Night. There's now way he would stay trapped inside a simpleminded vampire like Aria.

Aria spent the past three months like usual. Tending to her garden at day, and training at the HQ at night. While she tried to hide it, there's some gradual change to her behavior and appearance that she couldn't hide. Her eyes now lack movement and she didn't even sleep as much as before. Her voice was also became more flat, as if she was just rehearsing a script.

However, nothing could stop her when the HQ called for assemble. She boarded a flight to Mexico and came to the designated place. She spent time playing with Owl using the bubble wands Kotsu gave them while trying to talk basic conversation with her using broken Arabic. Something that she learned long ago from some of her African co-workers.

The twins looked at Kotsu. While 01 didn't notice anything off... 02 did. He saw some change inside of him, not only the physical. He looked... concerned for a brief moment, before the two looked in their bags. They looked... so much different now than just a few months ago, nearly shaven heads, they looked thinner, much more tired. They had sad smiles on their faces as they silently began looking through the photos. "...Thank you, Kotsu..." They both said in unison, clearly touched by the gesture. 01 wiped away a tear quickly.

The two glanced over at Denton... and suspicion filled their gazes. He had yet to say a word... and now they were going to enter a new world entirely. What was his end goal? Sure, this may have been to maintain a good relationship with Dionysus, they... doubted he truly cared about anyone other than himself and his goals. Sure, he would have gotten an operative back, but would he truly go to such lengths for them? They doubted it. They shared a look, before nodding at one another. They'd have to keep an eye on him. For all they knew, he could create an entirely different goal for them to complete inside which could jeopardize them all.

Kotsu tiredly focused his gaze on Aria as she was playing with the bubble wands next to Owl. "I'm sorry for blowing you off, Aria. That was cruel of me. I understand if you don't forgive me." Kotsu said staring almost through her, but his words genuine. Kotsu's gaze then rested on the twins. Taking in the sight that his friends were in. Shaved down heads and they looked more tired than he did. And he hadn't been sleeping really. The nightmares woke him up night after night. The Andras' words always in the back of his mind.

"Become a threat... I will..." Kotsu muttered to himself. "I'll kill you... Drink you... Eat you..." Kotsu muttered again thinking about the Andras. Kotsu focused on 01's leg. He points to it from across the room and says, "I'm sorry I wasn't stronger. I hope you'll forgive me for that one day."

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread mmarage mmarage

"Thanks, Kotsu, that's sweet of you," Sam said with a smile, "We'll put this to good use."

She put the gifts away and hugged the man. "I should've gotten you something!"

Kotsu flinched at the hug, but slowly hugged Sam back. There was a strange feeling to her body. It had been a while since he had been able to drop his guard and not expect the worse to happen to him. He forced another smile on his face. "You've given me The Whip It, which is gift enough. If you're feeling up to it after we get Owl back," Kotsu said looking over to her and back to Sam. "Would you be willing to upgrade it back at your shop? I'd like for us all to get dinner or something after this too. Or breakfast. Depending when we wake up."

Aria

"It's okay, Kotsu. We can do it later. Scarlet is also sick right now so I left them at master's house."

Aria blew up another bubble. An extraordinarily long one this time, though it bursted before it almost reached one meter. Some of the soap splashed to Aria's eyes but she just ignored it.

"And thank you for the gift. It's a nice one." She lifted up the leech figurine. "I will add this to my collection. Violet will love this."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back