• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Kotsu stared sadly at the Joes, the reality setting in for the situation. "Your bond is real... Ain't it?" Kotsu said, a little hesitant. "You care for each other. You're all you both have." Kotsu said perking up. "He's your brother for real. And at least you know that ain't fabricated."

02 slowly shook his head. "No. We're not brothers. As I said, we're the same exact person. We just have differing skill sets. That is all. The only thing that connects us is that dead mage, and our situation. We don't hate each other, but... we're not close either. We... don't really talk. There's nothing to talk about. Our impending doom. The room. The tests. The memories we have. About the next iterations of 'us' will be, if there'll even be 2 'brother' clones. They're looking to get it all in one, after all. After being cramped up in a room with one another for months on end, you quickly lose a reason to talk to one another. We talked for about a week after our first mission, and then went on with daily life in silence." He said.

Kotsu looked defeated. "I'm trying to help, but you're leaving me with nothing, man..." Kotsu said, losing his smile.

02 looked at the ground. "...There's nothing to help. There's no light at the end of the tunnel, there's no miracle that will save us, our fates are already sealed. Our lives were over the moment we were brought into this world. You can do whatever you like, I can't stop you, but... please just leave. I'd like to be alone now." He said, a tone of finality in his voice as he took his seat, avoiding looking at Kotsu and Owl.

Owl peaks her head into the hospital room of Denton and peers at him. He hears her voice echo in his head.

"mister Denton? It's co-err Owl. Can I come in?"

Denton's eyes snapped open. Owl's voice penetrating his dreamscape, pulling back to reality. A reality where his body was very much still in pain. He grunted. Normally a meeting would have been something to look forward to, but after an ass beating the only complaints and compliments a man wants to hear are the kind that don't make any noise.

Denton smiled at her.

She had spoken via telepathy. He decided to do the same. "Sure...what's up?"

She scoots into the room, hands politely clasped together in front of her as if she were a waiter. She bows in greetings.

"Sorry to disturb you, I figured out I can use telepathy. Not sure how i forgtt how to do that but...well it doesn't matter. Mr Denton, Kotsu said that you shot me not too long ago. I don't understand, are we enemies? What happened between us to cause that?"

Damn, Denton thought, what an awkward question. "With all due respect Owl do you really want to know? You're not exactly in the best of conditions right now. I'll tell you of course, but I can't help but feel it is a little odd. This line of...a...conversation. Do you still prefer Owl by the way, in your current state?"

"It is an odd name. But kotsu said I should keep my real name hidden, not sure why though I'm nobody special...or at least I wasn't any one special. I'm not sure what I am now." She looks at her self still amazed to find her in a full grown body.

"Huh...breasts, neat, never thought I'd get those." She giggles lightly then looks up at the battered man. "Tell me everything I want to know what happened to me in the last...how old am I? Mid twenties it looks like, so catch me up on what happened in the last ten years."

"I'll respect your wishes then about the name thing." Denton coughed when he saw how enthralled she was with her own body. Strange. How much Andras destroy. "You're a mage. You work for me. Your file says you're skilled in mind related magics. I think were 25...or 26? Somewhere in that bracket. I'll have to check again. Yes, I shot you. Not to kill, though. You're harder to kill then the average person. You also broke my nose. I'm also responsible for your current condition," Denton sighed. "I'm not sure what I'll be able to do, but I'll see if I can't put you back together again."

Owl puts her hand to her lips and gasps. "broke your nose? I would never! Oh I'm so sorry please forgive me I don;t know why I would do such a thing, I am very, very, very very sorry mr Denton." She bows profusely.

Denton's mental voice cracked like a whip. "Stop that now." His brow furrowed. "I apologize for shooting you, but this isn't us. We aren't friends. It is a long shot, but I'm hoping my bosses and Dionysus know how to get you back to how you were."

"I'm not sure I want to go back to how I was. From what i gathered it would appear I grew up to be a real bitch." Owl says with a frown. "But I suppose I need to at least know what happened to me in the last 12 or so years, I can believe i'm an adult now."

Denton shook his head. "I quite like the other version of you."

"You shot her." Owl says with a smirk. "You could not have liked her that much."

"She was interesting, she challenged me on a mental level. made me think. I wanted the satisfaction of beating her. I still do." Denton stared the new Owl in her eyes. "She rarely apologized. I harbor no ill will to you by the way. You seem like a fine girl, but you're not Owl. You are what was."

"Oh..." owl says looking a little saddened at his words. "well I just wanted to say that this Owl doesn't hate you and is sorry for what old Owl did. Maybe hopefully, we can be friends?"

"No harm done," Denton said. "Friends it is."

Kotsu walks into Sam's hospital room with Owl following behind him. Her usual confidence clearly gone with only just a glance and she's clinging closely to Kotsu. "Hey, Sam. I didn't bring any flowers. I didn't know if you were allergic or anything. You... Look actually not too injured." Kotsu said, staring at her repaired body.

Fizzy frowned, the uninvited presence of Kotsu botheres him.

"State your business, vampire" asked Fizzy

His eye caught Owl who looked like a scary cat. Something was different on her

Sam smirked at Fizzy's reaction. "Calm down, this is a hospital," she winced. Breathing hurt her ribs. "Broken ribs and arm, everything else is repaired."

"Fuck off, Soda Pop. I'm here for Sam, not you. Don't flatter yourself." Kotsu bent down near Sam, looking at her state. "I'm sorry... Even with The Whip It thing you made me, I wasn't strong enough to protect you. I wasn't strong enough to protect Owl or Joe either. Even that old fart." Kotsu said, pointing his chin at Fizzy who was younger than him by miles, but Kotsu had to take a jab at him for calling him a vampire.

Sam rolled her eyes. "I was thirty feet in the air on a hovercraft with a bio-nuclear powercell on my back, you couldn't have possibly done anything." She grunted as her ribs threatened hell.

"Besides, if Fizzy's old, I'm old. I may look like I'm twenty, but fake skin doesn't show age."

"Hold on" Fizzy extended an arm between Sam and Kotsu as if it were to be a barrier

"Before that I have to ask, what happened between you two and Denton the night before the mission?"

Kotsu ignored the arm barrier Fizzy put out in front of them and simply stood up to rid himself of it. "Sam, I'm 70, I just had to poke at him for the jab about my... State at the moment." Kotsu said with a bit of a grin. "But seriously, we keep getting the crap kicked out of us. If I could only be strong enough to protect you all; the people I care about, then I wouldn't have to see you guys so injured..." Kotsu sighed. "Also, Owl lost her memories. She's more or less regressed to a child. And she doesn't remember how to speak English, but she knows how to use Google translate!" Kotsu said a bit excitedly. "And also, she's got an Arabic to English book too; so that helps! She's got a cute accent too." Kotsu said blushing slightly.

Kotsu turned to Fizzy. "Dude, it's rude to put your arm in front of people while they're talking, but Denton shot Owl twice in the stomach. All for stealing a memory and flicking his nose." Kotsu said with a serious expression on his face. "Look, I get he's your best friend, but look at the destruction he keeps causing. He bottled an Andras but he may as well be one himself." Kotsu looked over at Sam and Owl before looking back at Fritz. "Not only have these two suffered. You've taken casualties, so has Denton himself. The Joes are both injured too. More 02 than 01, but the point still remains." Kotsu's face became more sad. "I don't want to lose my friends and family again, and yet everytime I've listened to Denton, it ends up something horrible..." Kotsu shook his head, and shrugged his shoulders. "If he's your best friend, man. You keep some shitty company."

"Owl read his mind and he shot her?" Asked Fizzy puzzled.

Denton would never do something like that if it weren't to be a real good reason, what did Owl learned? Though luck she got her memory wiped by the demon, but... if she left a message somewhere?

One thing was right... Denton's behaviour had been .... frivolous, manipulative, he put the lives of the team in severe danger. Also....

Why did he looked so exalted when he held Andras' flask?
He bit his lower lip
Goddamn Denton don't do anything stupid

Sam looked back and forth at the two men. "Okay, I'm not sitting this one out," she attempted to sit up and choked back a cry of pain. "I'm gonna rip Denton's dick off if this shit becomes regular," she grunted as she began pulling wires out and attempting to stand up. She probably should have been embarrassed, considering how little hospital gowns actually cover, but she was wrapped in so many bandages that she might as well have been wearing a jumpsuit.

"One of you, help me up." She extended her functioning arm out for one of the boys to help her up.

Fizzy took her arm and offered his shoulder to help her stand up

Kotsu sighed, helping Sam up. "You need to heal before you can rip off Denton's dick. Trust me, I'll help you. He threatened Owl again when we went to visit him. Said it wouldn't be fun to kill her while she was broken and useless." Kotsu said, a hint of red in his eyes remembering it. "Fritz, I want you to realize something. Though I may be what I am, I've never fed on a human. Ever. Only blood packs. Denton is becoming a monster though. The fact that I can say without I doubt I have less blood on my hands than he does." Kotsu said, gritting his teeth and sighing.

"Sam, did you tell him about the kids in the church?" Kotsu asked her.

"Thanks, boys," Sam winced as she found her feet. They were lagging, Olivia had failed to calibrate. Sam would have to do that later.

"Sam, did you tell him about the kids in the church?", Kotsu asked her.

Sam shook her head, "Thanks for reminding me, I just got rid of the dreams, Kotsu," she nearly growled the name. "When we went to go take out the queen, we found survivors in a church. A mother, her two kids, a grandpa, and two men. And Denton ordered we shoot them all. That's how I got my bike, I quit. I went and built a ride to get out of town, and Denton offered me a deal." Every few words she had to pause for breath, it hurt to take breaths deep enough to make a full sentence.

"Yeah, I know how you feel. One of them was yanked out of my arms, the other shot while I held him..." Kotsu blushed sheepishly for a moment realizing Sam was taking a jab at him. "I'm sorry... I just... Ya know... He'd probably believe you more than me." Kotsu said, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand. "You sure you don't wanna sit down at least?" Kotsu said to Sam. He turned to Fritz. "I made sure they got graves but... It's not the point." Kotsu balled his hands into fists again. "I couldn't save them either..."

"I am aware of that, but don't think Denton wanted to do it. He regrets it bitterly. He is not a monster" replied Fizzy

Kotsu looked flabbergasted at Fritz. "You tell me that again after realizing that a vampire, of 50 years, has probably consumed less blood than Denton has waded in." Kotsu shook his head. "I thought we were the good guys, man..."

"I'm sittin' in more blood than you both!", Sam shot back, "I screwed up one wire, and I was the only survivor for twenty miles, with even more casualties for another thirty." That time, the cry of pain made it through. "Do you have any idea the population density around power plants in Japan?"

Kotsu jumped when he heard her cry out in pain and concern registered on his face as he picked up Sam carefully bridal style and set her back on the bed. "Please rest... I shouldn't have worked you up. I'm sorry. But yeah. I do. But the difference between you and him? He does what he does on purpose. You? You made a genuine mistake. And you're paying for it. I know it probably wears on you." Kotsu said, having a genuine face of concern. "But the past is something you need to let go of. Ya gotta be more in the present. And you've been fighting every manner of hell to help on your road to forgiveness for that incident." Kotsu said with a smile on his face. "You're amazin' with the way you build stuff too. You can make anything out of the smallest lick of creativity. Hell, you're way better at usin' your brain than I am." Kotsu said with a bit of a loud laugh.

" There are no good or bad man in this job. We're mercenaries." Fritz responded.

"I've already sold my soul, Kotsu," Sam said, "For three limbs and skin. Now I'm just carrying out the payment." She sighed, "But shoot civilians for no reason, that goes beyond just being evil. That's just wrong. Even the devil has rules."

Kotsu paused before he nodded. "With that, I feel like we can all agree." He said looking between Sam and Fritz. "Hey, uh, Sam? I know it's probably not the time but well. You told me to ask later." Kotsu said rubbing the back of his head nervously. "So... Uh, would uh, consider us friends?" Kotsu asked meekly which was probably comical to Fritz and Sam.

"The strongest bonds are forged in the harshest battles," Sam replied, "It was a quick battle, but I was re-dismembered, you were almost disintegrated, Fizzy got his foot whacked off, Denton got off easy, and Owl's got no memories." She winced as she took a breath, "You are one of three who have come to make sure I'm alive since I passed out. If that isn't friendship, I'm no engineer."

Kotsu got a really big smile on his face as he stared at Sam. "Wait! You mean it?!" Kotsu pumped his fist in the air. "Hell yeah! This is so cool! Now I've got 5 potential friends!" Kotsu said with his eyes practically sparkling. "I'd hug ya, but I'd probably hurt ya!" Kotsu said excitedly. He beamed at Owl. "Owl, I'm sure you and Sam are friends too based off how she rushed to defend ya, but now she's my friend too!" Kotsu had his hands behind his head smiling wide and rocking back and forth in excitement.

Fizzy faced Kotsu. His expression darkened.
"I don't like you. "

He extended his hand
"But you saved Denton against the wolf and swore to protect Sam"

However....

"However if you do something to Denton, you won't get mercy from me"

Fizzy still hoped his friend could straight his path

Sam facepalmed, "Don't do this, guys. You'll force me to choose, and there's no right answer." She hated being helpless. She couldn't walk and could barely breathe well enough to speak, or she'd slap them both.

"Denton is a jackass, I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that. He nearly got us all killed so he could have a genie in a bottle. But for now, he's the boss. Until he falls down a hole or something, or hardheaded vampires don't Spiderman him to safety every time he screws himself over," she looked pointedly at Kotsu, "We're stuck with him."

"That..... that's something I can't deny. But trust me, Denton intention always was good, ever since I know him."

Kotsu sighed. "Y'all don't get it, do you? I called you all my family. You're all I've known for 30 years." Kotsu sat down in a chair and slumped forward, finally getting comfortable in the room. "I don't want Denton dead. I just don't want to lose you all. I gotta ask Dionysus about Owl's memory per Denton's suggestion." Kotsu said, straightening up in his chair. "Plus, Ice Queen's next in line.

She's as much of a victim. Should visit her personally.

"I'm not dragging Morgan into this. She's been on the front lines with us."
With a brief sigh, he got up and he summoned his whips to carry himself as he made his way pacing around the room to give his tired body a break. Like he had done with Owl when he tried to initially move. It would be harder without the whip it, but if he could just extend his reach naturally... "I've got my own business here as well. I've worked here for most of my life." Kotsu said, and thought to himself for a tad bit.

"Wait a second." Kotsu said, "Yo. You said Denton didn't wanna pull the trigger on those kids?" Kotsu shook his head. "Nevermind that. That only proves me right." I said. "I've talked to him about this in our confrontation last night." Kotsu explained, as he slowly started playing with his whips. By dangling them like a Yo-yo, something he'd found to help him pass the time when he was younger. "Actually, what'd you say about blood to Aria while I was uh..." Kotsu blushed a tad. "Dancing? It's been a while. Mighta sucked, sorry." Kotsu said, apologizing to Fritz and Sam, rubbing his neck and laughing. "I uh, figured that'd be creative? Might not have been."

Kotsu remembered Aria, and realized she was not here. He had noticed she was involuntarily using her powers to scare civilians at the amusement park. "Huh, hold on a minute I'm kinda onto something here." There were no civies here. Just people who knew what he was. What he was! That's it! "Guys, I'm probably gonna fall on my face, so that might suck; but I did this with The Whip It on." Kotsu said, making his blood whips curve off into longer versions of themselves by forcing them further out while he practiced his yo-yo hobby. He got up to pace gently around the room before stopping.

"Yeah, this can wait. Dionysus comes first. Talk to you guys as a group." He said, "Denton and Morgan included. We're not turning our back on the Maniacles, but we are mercenaries." Kotsu said with a thought. "I got some money I've been saving up for some time. No friends will do that to you." Kotsu pondered. "Maybe I could take on a mission and prove my worth. We all could. And change the Maniacles into a better company?" Kotsu shrugged. "More power into the Maniacles is good, and it gives us all some more say. We got that Andras." Kotsu said thoughtfully before he realized it, he was on the ceiling and fell on his skull. He'd been bouncing around the room this whole time. "Dammit... I lost my concentration again."

Sam winced as Kotsu hit the ground. "Careful, hospital."

Ignoring Kotsu, Fizzy turned to Sam. Her prosthetics were healed yet her body not. The twins vial could accelerate the process yet he wanted to knew...

"Are you still on this Sam? "

He also had to ask, to get an answer from Sam

"Is this still just a job for you, or this turned into a personal matter? Just like Kotsu "

"It's both," Sam sighed, "I made a deal and signed a contract. For the next five years at least, I work for Maniacles. But now? They shot a man old enough to have grandchildren in my arms, I lost my mechanical arm in the first mission, broke all four prosthetics in the second, and look at me? I'm only human, I can't keep destroying my body for people who don't care."

Fizzy frowned

There was his friend, old friend whose behaviour had twisted dramatically in the latest years

And then there was the woman he met four days ago, for who he feel more than simple lust. An attraction for her entire being and soul

If things twist into a thorny path, what should he choose?

Kotsu stared at Owl, his head filled with ideas on how to help her. As well as other thoughts, but that could wait until she was herself. He wanted to reach out and hold her hand. He wanted to kiss her. But he chose the previ and not the latter, leading her outside of the hospital room. "Talk to you guys about this later. Get some rest, both of you." Kotsu winked, being playful and walked out.

Fizzy fell to his chair
He realized he hadn't sleep in all the night.

"I'm tired..." he said to Sam

He fell asleep

Owl remembered Sam somewhat, it wasn't much but she was ceryain she liked Samantha. Owl hops up to her hospital room and pokes her head in.

"Hi, I', sorry to bother you Samantha but do you have a minute?" Owls telepathy rings brightly in Sams head.

"I'm bedridden, Owl, time is all I have," Samantha seemed surprised at the voice in her head without being in la la land, but the telepath's mental voice was familiar.

Owl hops in, she looked different. Her face as brighter with a cheery expression and her cloths, well she had done away with the skin tight dark blue combat suite and was now wearing a light yellow summer dress complete with daisies.

"Hi, I'm Owl though you knew that already. Um...I have some memories of you kicking around but most of it has been lost. Were we friends? I hope we were friends."

Sam smirked, "You could say that. You keep your stuff in my spine, after all." Fortunately, this was a telepathy conversation, or Denton might hear. She sighed as she tried to sit up. "Be careful with the telepathy, though. Not everyone likes hearing voices."

"I can't speak English, I mean i used to be able to apparently. " owl skips over to her and looks at her legs sitting there useless.

"Hey you wanna leave this hospital bed? we could play tag, or hide and seek. We used to do that right? Or did have like a grown up friendship were you just sit and talk about the news." Owl wrinkles her nose at the thought.

Sam laughed and then bit back a groan. "I can't," she said, opting to avoid telling Owl something she apparently disliked. "I have broken ribs."

"yes you can, you just need to use your imagination." Owl takes her hand. "If you'll let me we can go to a happy place for a bit. I don't remember much, but I do remember you had wings, truthfully I though you were an angel when I first recalled you to my mind. I'd be happy to give you wings again, and legs, and ribs if only for a bit."

Sam shook her head, smiling. "If I'm an angel, I'm the angel god hates." She refused the offer for wings again. "If I'm gonna fly, I'm gonna build the thing that flies me."

"Oh well okay if you don't want to that's fine we can sit and talk instead." Owl puts her hand down genty then adds. "But not about the news, that's boring."

"Nobody likes the news," Sam agreed, "They never have anything interesting to say."

The two laughed again and chatted for a while, but eventually Owl left to go see her other friends.

NEXT MORNING
10:00 AM

Although the silence of recovery was much appreciated Morgan woke up feeling stir crazy, the effects of being in a bed so long finally settling in. The stiff muscles, sore back, and general need to start moving again. It hurt to so, but she managed. Her injuries weren't so bad that it made moving impossible. Oh it hurt to be sure. The pain of getting back in gear, making yourself get up. Morgan walked through the hospital, her stomach growling all the while.

Cafeteria was curiously empty. None of the group were there. Morgan ordered two fried chicken legs, devouring them in a few minutes, not really bothering to savor the taste. The food hit hard, triggering a wave of sleepiness. She yawned.

Denton.

A pang of worry crossed her heart. Andras had torn him apart pretty bad. Not just him. Everyone. Damn. Worrying about several people at once wasn't usually the way of things...her way anyway. She had gotten very good at turning off the harder stuff that came with the job. The stuff they did wasn't pretty or really excusable, but it made sense. Fucked up people doing fucked things. What else was there? You can't exactly just go to law or medical school or whatever after you stained your hands with blood. And Morgan knew more than most about blood. The ways it flowed, the ways it could be used, how to make use of it.

Not many things could survive their heart being crushed, their blood being drained from their body. A woman like her was made for killing. It isn't something one can really comeback from. Acceptance of certain undeniable truths are the first steps to enlightenment.

A nurse told her where to find the room. Morgan pushed the door open, entering the room.

Denton looked up at her. He smiled. She returned it. It was nice for both of them. A moment without the others, away from the job. away from the bullshit. It lasted a second. Denton's face hardened, going from the man she loved to the man of business.

Morgan sighed. "What is it?"

"First off, how you doing?"

"Pretty alright," Morgan said. "You got it worse. Your fingers Denton."

He lazily held up his mutilated hand. "At least it isn't the one I jerk off with. It makes me happy you're okay, though ."

Morgan nodded, seating herself on the side of his bed. She looked up at the television screen. A reporter was on the screen, standing in front a high school building. The headline made Morgan's eyes widen.

'Hostage situation at School!'

"This is Thad Chinlover reporting live from the scene. What started as a normal day at Daicon High School has erupted into chaos. Several armed individuals who at this time are believed to be students have taken various staff and students hostage. No demands are being made in this time and the police units sent into the building have not returned."

A weight fell on Morgan's shoulders. It had be to the kid. Well, it didn't have to be she guessed. He was most likely suspect. A young magus already teetering on the edge. This wasn't abnormal behavior. What hell was he thinking?

She stood.

"Where are you going?"

"Gonna go stop it," she replied.

"I'll come." Denton started to rise, gritting his teeth in silent agony.

"No."

"What?"

Morgan smirked. "You're not coming. I'm not at my best, but I can deal with this. You're in no condition for field work. I'll call whoever is still standing."

Kotsu left some money and a note with Owl after she had gone to bed. The note read as follows.
'Hey Owl, so I know you're probably gonna be bored. I just wanted you to know that you're amazing still for wanting to find out what made you who you became. You can find Dionysus at his quarters if you want to talk to him about getting your memory back. He's one of the only people who can help. I left you about 3 grand and the number for you to take a cab. The rest of the money is for you to get yourself some good food, clothes, and anything else that catches your eyes you might want.
Hugs and kisses,
Kotsu.'

Kotsu had been repairing and cleaning The Whip It when he got the call from Morgan to report to the school. He made his way from the roof tops to the school as a means of avoiding people's gazes as he whipped his way toward the school. He landed on a rooftop overlooking the school and the spectacle going on. He called Morgan on his cellphone. "Hey Morgan, I'm here." Kotsu said, taking in the layout of the situation before him. "Are you feeling good enough for this? I don't want you to hurt yourself. And we gotta talk." Kotsu said, his voice going from concern to stern. "It's about Denton and these missions. I ain't leaving the Maniacles, but we gotta change how we do things around here. But that can wait. What do you see from your end? I see an unguarded roof." Kotsu said with a chuckle. "Man, it must be this kid mage. What a rookie."

Aria

"Here it is, miss. Daicon high."

"thank you." Aria paid the cab some money and approached the school. It was heavily guarded by police and there was those yellow police lines around the perimeter of the school. Heavily armed soldiers, blaring police sirens. It's like the police were preparing to fight against a monster instead of a student.

Aria looks a bit paler than usual since she hadn't drink enough blood to refill herself from the yesterday event. She thought it wouldn't matter since the kid seems to be the easiest out of the three. Now she's not that sure.

She showed her Maniacle badge to the police so she could get a clearance to enter the school. The police also told her the gist of the unfolding event and directed her to Morgan's position.

"Morgan." Aria noticed that Morgan doesn't seems to be in her best condition, and there's also no Denton this time. "What should we do?"

"It means Morgan will direct the operative instead of Denton, I presume" Stated Fizzy who showed behind Aria, his legs notoriously different.

He was atonished by the number of heavily guard policemen around the building

Revealing himself as a Maniacles' agent he asked to who seeemed to be the officer in charge

"What's the situation? Is all this really required?

Morgan eyed everyone who had decided to come. Kotsu and Fizzy Roy actually answering a request from her was surprising. It made her feel good. Powerful. It must have been pretty kick ass to be able do that on the regular. You say a word or two and it brings in the troops.

Kotsu's mention of Denton and having a talk would have made her frown or scowl on any other occasion, but she was feeling wired. Energized. The soreness of her body making her want to fight. No not fight. Destroy.

"What should we do?"

Morgan smiled at Aria.

"Good work with the demon. We wouldn't have been able to manage the situation without you." Morgan looked at Fizzy. "A hostage situation. The news says anyway. Dionysus says otherwise. Well, hostage situation still applies. I'm thinking the mage is behind this. And given how knew he is to his power he is likely operating out of a spellbook. He is inside by the by the way. I'm picking up something. It's vague, but its there. Never was the best at sensing other mages."

Owl reads the note left by Kotsu and smiles. "Why couldn't my father had sold me to a guy like him?" She hufffs. "I'll have to buy him something nice."
She takes the money and heads out to exsplore.

The first thing she did was buy more clothes all of them brightly colored. She finds a rainbow colored hijab and wraps it around her head pleased with her self. Then she buys some icecream, burgers fries, dress up dolls and a watch from some shady guy on a street corner.

All in all she was having fun until by chance she passes a T.V station. Hostage situation at a school? wait...she remembered this for some reason. A mind mage needed dealing with one like her self.

"I may not be old Owl, but should still try and help." She says with a confident nod and heads off in the direction of the school.

Once she arrives there she see's Fizzy talking with the gaurds and revealing his badge.

Did she have a badge? she checks her pockets indeed she did have one.

"So thats what this badge is for.

"Good work with the demon. We wouldn't have been able to manage the situation without you." Morgan looked at Fizzy. "A hostage situation. The news says anyway. Dionysus says otherwise. Well, hostage situation still applies. I'm thinking the mage is behind this. And given how knew he is to his power he is likely operating out of a spellbook. He is inside by the by the way. I'm picking up something. It's vague, but its there. Never was the best at sensing other mages."

"I can help!" Owl calls from a distance, she runs up to Morgan and says with enthusiasm. "He's a mind mage, I'm a mind mage finding him will be easy for me I just need to get inside."

Kotsu whipped down into the group, and flashed his badge to any officers who tried to draw weapons or elsewise. He was excited and scared to see Owl there, but he handed her a flask filled with expensive alcohol. "This was yours. You dropped it when fighting the demon. I filled it up for you." Kotsu said, blushing slightly and rubbing his neck. "I'm scared to see you here, but if things get tough;" Kotsu pointed at the flask with a serious look. "Drink that. I know you don't like to drink, but it'll help keep you safe and alive." Kotsu said, smiling as he stared at Owl with her new attire.

"Hey, you're hijab is beautiful. So are you, though. And it brings out your sparkling eyes along with your entire outfit." Kotsu said, blushing hard and rubbing his neck.

Fizzy asserted the situation and nodded

"We should dealt with the kid easily, if I'm correct we're not supposed to kill him. "

He looked at the windows

"If I can get close enough with my monoshield I can render his magic useless for a brief period. Then... Kotsu or Morgan could give him a good scare. The problem however is the hostages, we don't know how many are of them and where are they located."

He glanced at Morgan

"I assume you have a plan"

Kotsu nodded toward Fizzy. "Yeah, that could work. I could tie him up and make him shit himself. Or piss himself." Kotsu said giggling. "I don't wanna hurt him if we can help it either." Kotsu said putting his hands behind his head and rocking himself back and forth on his heels.

It should be easy. Morgan agreed. It came down to getting in, dealing with the problem, and getting out. No one had to die. Yeah, lets do this clean. So much violence already happened. Morgan looked at the school.

"He's a mind mage, I'm a mind mage finding him will be easy for me I just need to get inside."

Owl's chipper arrival caught Morgan off guard. It seemed....out of character. Morgan wondered if she should be concerned, but the others weren't seeming to mind. Better to play along. Denton would have the answer.

"Perfect," Morgan said. "Right. Okay...things are coming together."

"I assume you have a plan"

Good question!

Not really.

Morgan never liked plans. They took a lot of time, a lot forethought, and were generally just not her strongest suit. Enforcer work by contrast was simple, easy, and didn't require a lot of thinking. You just kept beating the ass of your enemy until they quit talking, She'd seen Denton and others dish out orders, though. It couldn't be so hard. She thought about what happened with Andras. Okay, yeah, it could be hard. Real hard. Damn. Morgan bit her lower lip, every cell in her body screaming at her to improvise.

"No..." Morgan admitted. "I don't really. I just didn't THINK we could let this happen. It is kind of our responsibility. We were hired to do the job. Lets do it. Owl says she can find him if we get her in the building. So lets start with that, yeah?"

Kotsu quizzically looked at Morgan. "Yo, Ice Queen. Why don't we have Fizzy take point with his anti-magic thing, have uh," Kotsu went to say Cova, but got to comfortable and made it look like he was thinking instead. "We could have Owl take middle rear? I can stay behind her for cover. Or in front. And you can take whichever spot I don't take? They'll be narrow hallways, and I have reach." Kotsu said in reference to his whips. "Up to you guys what we do though ultimately. I'll try to protect you guys either way." Kotsu said with a chipper smile.

Fizzy sighed
I expected that much...

"Owl can you also identify any hostage and locate them? As soon as we pinpoint their location we can develop the best method to approach this kid. Kotsu make sure to not go apeshit until we find him, he could harm the hostages."

He turned to Morgan

"Also an important element. Do we know who are we dealing with? The boy's name, possible motivation or any hint regarding his magic? "

"Awww thanks." Owl says blushing her eyes bright with genuine cheer at kotsu's words.

"Owl can you also identify any hostage and locate them? As soon as we pinpoint their location we can develop the best method to approach this kid. Kotsu make sure to not go apeshit until we find him, he could harm the hostages."

Owl nod adding helpfully. "I need to get closer, if he's using mind magic on a large group of people than he has to spread out his eather like a wave see? Now normal mages can't detect it, but a fellow mind mage will feel the waves of mental magic emanating from him. The closer I am the stronger the waves I suggest we search the school until I pick up something. Also if I can get to a hostage I can use the hostages mind to link with his directly, kind of like using a two way telephone, accept the phone is the hostage."

"His name from what we know is Bickle Farnsworth. He's sixteen. Not sure on motivation, but it probably isn't hard to figure out." Morgan shrugged off the pain she was feeling. "Why do kids usually lash out like this? They isolate themselves or are bullied. Whatever."

It was everywhere these days. The madness of youth. Young men lashing out against the world for a number of reasons.

"Boys who don't cry are boys who fire bullets. Only in this case he's firing mental magic."

She nodded at Morgan, Kotsu, Owl, and the rest. "I imagine he seems to have some kind of control ability he picked up. I imagine that's how he got the help. We'll do what Kotsu and Fizzy say. "All we need to be wary of is the hostages getting fucked up, the kid, and of course anyone under in control. It shouldn't be hard to take them down non lethally."

"Why don't we just talk to him?" Owl asks a question born out of pure innocence. "He's probably just lonely. I could talk to him for you guys, it would be the safest bet as I can resist any mental attacks he throws."

Kotsu stared at Cova, smiling widely. "Man you're cute..." Kotsu said only loud enough for her to hear before he turned to face Morgan. "Yeah, knock em out, tie em up, and probably get shot a lot. Nothing that won't heal for me. Actually... Maybe I should take point then." Kotsu said thoughtfully.

"Shoot? There is no need for shooting or any violence. He's just a kid just let me talk to him Morgan I'll be fine." Owl says confidently.

Clayton chugged a few gulps from a 40. He was in his usual state.

"Boys who don't cry? When I was a kid my old man beat me till I passed out. Weren't no cryin." Clayton said with a chuckle "Not as many men these days as fairies."

He took another swig "By the way, if this is a telepathic and these people are controlled by him, then shoot first and ask questions after. Trust me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back