• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic ALIEN CONQUEST -- V2.0 -- "Battle for a changed Earth"

Beckoncall Beckoncall just letting you know I edited a new question into my post - I think you read it before I finished putting that edit in though, so just saying this in case you may have missed it :)

Its the year 2505 AD. President Camancho hears news of strange lights flying over Washington DC. He declares martial law as the US military digs in for an alien invasion. With Brawndo supplies at a critical mass due to the recent International Monster Truck Destruction Derby Finals, many American citizens wonder from their couches... does Amazon deliver during alien invasions?

Beckoncall Beckoncall just letting you know I edited a new question into my post - I think you read it before I finished putting that edit in though, so just saying this in case you may have missed it :)
If you don't mind me answering, it is definitely the latter when it comes to characters. You're alien will generally be one that has been subjected so it can be anything, within reason.

Idea Idea says: Edit: One more question: Are Warlords all of the same species? Or is it more of a collection of alien race subjugated to the mother brain?

Each player can design their own warlord to be any kind of alien they like, keeping in mind it must remain in the domain of fairness for all other players. If you're stronger than somebody, you'll likely dumber than somebody else, and so on. Beastly, Robotic, Beautiful -- you may take any form... and you can create your own aliens to serve you that are of the same or different races. I'll have a few pregenerated races for people who just want to pick from a menu, but otherwise we'll discuss/negotiate new races you'd like to create or be as a warlord.

ONE thing is constant: All have been subjugated by mother brain, and all -- at least at first, are loyal to her command. Your story arc could include a bid for freedom or even betrayal or switching of sides potentially... but in the start, all march for mother brain...

System-wise, I've participated in slightly similar nation-building games/RPs (off-RPN), and the theme for this one is intriguing, so I'm very much interested in this!

Response to interest check is satisfactory to say the least. I will contact on this thread in 2 weeks or less about the start of the game. In the meantime, start thinking about this information for your character/Invasion Force:

A rough guide of what should be included is:

1, Overlord: This is You/Your leader. What do they look like? What motivates them? What is their personality, how do they feel about other overlords?

2. Relationship to the mother brain: The Sleeper ship, and all overlords, answer to a unifying force -- the evil mother brain. Is your faction free-thinking with their own interests? Do they do the bidding of the mother brain without question? Do they secretly harbor dreams of freedom or rebellion? Are they mindless conquerors in service to her? Factions with better relations with the mother brain may receive bonuses during faction construction... while species that seek freedom/rebellion may receive opportunities or bonuses later on...

3. What alien race(s) do you lead in your journey for conquest? Animalistic beasts? Elite soldiers? Robots? what do they look like and what motivates them? What is your faction like? What is their history? (conquered like so many other planets, freely serve the mother brain for whatever reason, are purely constructs, etc.)

Some pregenerated races (From Xcom mythology):

Sectoids: Known as "Greys" from encounters with advance scouts, sectoids come in two castes: Small, frail, genetically identical but psionically gifted "purestrain" specimens, and Taller, tougher but less psionically gifted "Halfbreed" specimens who are cross-bred with human DNA. Potentially disarming in appearance, they are nonetheless vicious soldiers and one-directed agents when tasked to be so.

Vipers aka "Snakemen" : The name Snakeman is a mysnoymer as all specimens of this race are female and reproduce parthenogenically (self replication.) Capable of surviving in environments where humans would die of exposure or be devoured by native fauna in minutes, they are excellent workhorses in any alien invasion and easily replaceable when losses are encountered. Usually mechanically altered to require food from invasion facilities and chemically sterilized, these steps are often necessary to control the population, and power, of these excellent invasion troops. Constantly tinkering with their genes, the mother brain and her agents struggle to keep this race under absolute control on any other world that is not as harsh and dangerous as their own.

Faders : One of the first forces to fall to mother brain, much of their past is lost to time. Semi-invisible and hideous when they can be beheld -- these creatures make excellent infiltrators and asymmetrical fighters. It is said no other race knows the secrets of the mother brain better than the ancient faders... and no-one but the mother brain, if anyone, knows the true history of the faders.

Muton: Cross a human with a gorilla, color it purple and trap it inside an armored battle-suit and you have a pretty good approximation of a muton. Ranging from icily disciplined to insanely berserk, these aliens make spectacular invasion forces and terror troops, usually opting for larger scale or assault type weapons. Conquered relatively recently, the mother brain has not changed them much from their original forms so suited are they to conquest.

Floaters: A mix of terrestrial ungulate with alien DNA, these creatures are credited with abductions and cattle mutalations ahead of the main invasion. Though deft in their movements, quiet and airy seeming as they float around on cybernetic rigs -- they are undoubtedly single-minded in their pursuits for planetary conquest. Being constructs made entirely of captured DNA and circuitry it is wondered if they think of much more than conquest and the orders of their masters... but this is a front the species has put up and they actually have a rich but mostly hidden and secretive culture and communication...

Chrysatids: Take a mantis, cover it with armor, and give it the means to impregnate hosts with more of it's own with a gestational period capping in a range on minutes and you have the scourge that is the Chrysatid. Capable of turning enemies into "Zombie Cocoons" they are animalistically low-tech and often need robotic support to fly missions or receive ranged support. Only robots and other inorganic forms are capable of close collaboration with them, as any organic life SCREAMS to be fed upon or used to brood more of their race in the Chrysatid Mind...

4. What interests you about this RP? Why do you want to be a part of it?

5. Starting Resources: The basic starting resources are 2 Biomass, 2 Materials, 1 Energy, 2 PROBES, and a scout ship. More resources will need to be acquired to increase your forces, technology, fleet, and scale of invasion. Depending on your faction concept you may have more or less of certain resources and depend on some more than others.

Once you have a rough idea of the above, we can discuss together balancing your concept and giving it starting mechanics and technology to use in the invasion!

--Beck

Last edited:
Beckoncall Beckoncall can we have an OOC (I believe you said discord would be used, so discord OOC I presume) so we talk to each other and maybe discuss some things without clogging this thread too much?

Beckoncall Beckoncall can we have an OOC (I believe you said discord would be used, so discord OOC I presume) so we talk to each other and maybe discuss some things without clogging this thread too much?
In a matter of days or less I will open the discord to everyone. I'm currently wrapping up the final stages of my current RP. <3

In a matter of days or less I will open the discord to everyone. I'm currently wrapping up the final stages of my current RP. <3

In that case, mind if I open a temporary server for this chat I was talking about? Then let everyone in move the to the 'official' one.

It ain't necessary. Just useful. Unless I'm the only one who'd like to talk to people while we develop ideas, I mean.
You already can here. If Beck is receptive I could make an early OOC in extra pages.

What is the Sleeper Ship in regards to the Mother Brain? A different entity or really just one and the same?

What is the Sleeper Ship in regards to the Mother Brain? A different entity or really just one and the same?
It's just a ship with a lot of freezer space. The motherbrain I'd assume is in life support or a tank of some type within the mothership that is suited to her.

I presume she has a lot of control over the ship.

Last edited:
You already can here. If Beck is receptive I could make an early OOC in extra pages.

I can, but I was trying to avoid clogging this thread too much. And your suggestion is essentially the same as mine, just putting the OOC in a thread instead of discord where I assume the main one would be…

It's just a ship with a lot of freezer space. The motherbrain I'd assume is in life support or a tank of some type within the mothership that is suited to her.

I presume she has a lot of control over the ship.

The sleeper ship is an ablating mass of material, biomass and energy. To travel vast distances over vast lengths of time it feeds off of itself until it becomes a smaller and smaller as it feeds off itself. At it's center is a great amount of cold storage where specimens, ships, and weapons are all kept in a kind of cold storage, and within that the mysterious chambers of the mother brain itself. At this point in the voyage the seed-ship is very very small, and will require a great deal of resources to build itself up, revive the sleeping troops, and build and maintain the weapons and craft needed for the campaign.

Idea Idea : My apologies to keep people, especially you waiting -- but the reason there isn't a discord is that it WILL divert attention and energy from wrapping up the old RP before starting the new. I will work in haste to make sure your forum for discussion is opened and realized sooner rather than later. <3

I’m unsure why a place for players to discuss would divert attention… but I’ll take “no” for an answer.

So, that being the case, I'll talk here. The rough idea I'm going with is a researcher group - one a group dedicated to conducting experiments (on kidnapped / "volunteered" subjects or on the field), taking apart and studying technology and living creatures alike, and using this knowledge to create biological and technological advancements for the invasion force. My warlord would be this investigator type, driven to the depths of ruthless obsession, caring only for what could be learned and improved upon (all of course in the service of the mother brain).

They would mix things, work on counters for things, and perhaps one of their favorite tactics, modify a subject's mind to unknowingly act for their cause. Someone with no (outward) modification or memory of what had been done to them, living about their life but being subconsciously nudged to some objective.

If possible my warlord would cooperate with others. They have no interest in the glory or territory or even the bloodshed per say. They would happily trade supplying others with new tools and minions in return for being offered some protection and samples to work with.

Species-wise I'm thinking of a species psychically able to capture and reshape biological matter, to varying degrees (lower types would pretty much only have the ability to maintain homeostasis including minor regeneration, as this would pretty much be instinctual, while more advanced types could reshape those in proximity to themselves or even further...). They could even modify their own brains with extreme precision, given enough talent and training. They'd have lived in this planet they made pretty much idyllic by using their abilities as a species to effectively eradicate, modify or otherwise put under control any semblance of pathogen and any biological issues with themselves, even including minor things like allergies. However, upon entering the space exploration they found themselves nearly brought to extinction by alien diseases due to having excessively reduced their ability to sense and combat those things. They modified themselves again in an effort to make their bodies better able to incorporate rather than succumb to or reject those foreign elements, which unknownst to them presented the perfect opportunity for the mother brain to inject itself into them, making them unwittingly modify themselves into becoming the mother brain's servants and twisting their bodies to become better at it.

What about you folks? Any initial ideas?

I do have a good idea of what I'm going with, though the details are subject to change:

Standing on four vaguely crustacean-like legs, with arms from an angular torso, and with black scales, they are a very sturdy species. However, their physiology renders them bulky, and will find small spaces difficult -or impossible in some cases- to traverse.

The way their mind and culture work have developed them to be efficient militarists, keeping a practical outlook in the face of combat, adapting as necessary on the battlefield, and determined to see things through until completion. The downside is that they're somewhat single-minded, always focused on achieving whatever is currently deemed "the objective". After being conquered, this is why they tolerate serving the mother brain; not because they wish to, but because there is nothing else for them to accomplish.

The overlord's objective, being a leader or "High Commander", is to achieve success for his species, using servitude towards the mother brain as the means to do so. He sees the other overlords as forced allies, respecting and willing to work with them, but not particularly eager to. While the species as a whole pledges loyalty to the mother brain, all instinctively know that the overlord is their true commander, and would be ready to follow him in a different direction were an opportunity to arise.

I may change things later on, both for myself and for it to fit the RP, but that's the gist of it.

Standing on four vaguely crustacean-like legs, with arms from an angular torso, and with black scales, they are a very sturdy species. However, their physiology renders them bulky, and will find small spaces difficult -or impossible in some cases- to traverse.

Oh built-in weaknesses, that's very nice! Gives others space to shine as well :)

The way their mind and culture work have developed them to be efficient militarists, keeping a practical outlook in the face of combat, adapting as necessary on the battlefield, and determined to see things through until completion. The downside is that they're somewhat single-minded, always focused on achieving whatever is currently deemed "the objective". After being conquered, this is why they tolerate serving the mother brain; not because they wish to, but because there is nothing else for them to accomplish.

So this particular species wouldn't have been brainwashed so much as willingly submitted after their defeat?

How do they fight? Do they use their bodies, or are they more based on some form of weaponry?

Oh built-in weaknesses, that's very nice! Gives others space to shine as well :)

So this particular species wouldn't have been brainwashed so much as willingly submitted after their defeat?

How do they fight? Do they use their bodies, or are they more based on some form of weaponry?
Thanks! It seemed like it'd work well for a disadvantage.

Indeed, they willingly submitted once defeat was inevitable, and continue to do so without outward complaint.

As for fighting, they use typical sci-fi weaponry/technology (or whatever is available for the invasion force), but will fight unarmed if deemed beneficial or necessary.

As anticipation grows hot, I will share my idea here too.

The short description of my alien species, the Zgak, would probably go along the lines of: "They only seem to exist to inconvenience as many other lifeforms as possible."

Standing on the worse end of 5 feet, these insectoids have colorful bodies and large compound eyes like fruit flies, whilst the mandible mouths and limbs are more ant-like. They are loud, vulgar, spiteful and downright obnoxious in seemingly everything they do. They will annoy, taunt and harass other warlords and each other just for the fun of it. Everything that is traditionally considered to be sophisticated will be mocked, they act like drunk frat boys (well, probably much worse) and will only stop their loud parties to go to war on the Mother Brains behalf or to pillage for more organic material. They will eat just about anything, but prefer sugary and fermented foods and drinks. They will binge on sugar water, alcohol or basically any drugs they can get their hands on, as they can withstand lethal doses many times over and never get addicted to anything. But their garbage chute metabolisms don't last very long, their life expectancy is low for many reasons.
They are as loyal to the Mother Brain as possible without direct brain control or automation, as its unlikely any other evil overlord will tolerate them and the protection from the Mother Brain keeps their species alive and the party going. Thus, they won't sabotage other warlords, so as not to annoy her majesty. They will trade opportunistically, if it serves to aid the conquest. They don't care for riches or plunder, but will still hoard it, just so that others can't have the loot and they might extort them for energy drinks and cigarettes later.

The louder the better is their rule for music and in general. Their favorite past time when sober is to line up and spit against the wind, whoever ducks too late loses. They don't maintain complex machinery, as they have the attention span of iPad kids, if any spacecraft is entrusted to them it has to feature large, colorful buttons and lots of flashing lights to keep the pilots engaged. They do act surprisingly disciplined and effective as recon and infiltration units, as they have a natural knack for sneaking and the idea of springing an ambush is very tempting, but this discipline is only maintained if it achieves a great inconvenience or suffering to others later on - their spite is larger than any other motivation. During a drill, they couldn't perform nearly as well as on the field, because it wouldn't be worth the hassle. They also do well with artillery, as it means a lot of loud booms and is thus also worth maintaining discipline for. As they don't manufacture stuff, they rely on whats handed to them by grace of the Mother Brain or what they have previously plundered. They are effective at keeping others in line, as they will gladly snitch on any other warlords daring to get ideas of independence.

When one of their own gets wounded, he will get left behind, but not before his squad mates spit and urinate on him. This is not only to mock the fallen for "being dumb enough to get got", but also turns him into a biological time bomb for would-be researchers picking the scraps. All Zgak carry an airborn disease refered to as brainrot and they spread it through their mere presence but mostly when partying and releasing bodily fluids. Brainrot leads victims to act recklessly, degenerate in posture and finally join the Zgak in their parties. It is speculated that the brainrot infecting all of them is the actual reason for their behaviour, as old artifacts showing a much more sophisticated race of insectoid monks have been found on their home world.
The leader has lucked his way into his position by stumbling his way into a large nectar reservoir on the last world conquered by the Mother Brain, allowing his brethren to feast on sugary goodness before they got frozen. Being the leader does bloat his ego and physical size, so he can keep his status by bullying any would-be usurper.

In terms of mechanics, they would probably have little need for energy, but a larger need for biomass. Perhaps expending stashes of goodies will grant temporary boosts at the risk of reducing their numbers. For example, if they all smoke a pack before battle, they will benefit from a smoke screen, if they gulp down a sixpack of Blue Cow, they might grow wings etc.

Abstracty Abstracty they sound difficult to handle, yet just well-behaved enough (if not actively sabotaging the invasion and other overlords... much... can be called that) to not jeopardize everything. Great concept.

Thus far, we've got:
  • Ruthless Obsessive Researchers developing new technological and biological development and sleeper agents
  • Militaristic laser-focused / single-minded warrior Crabs
  • Teen-Toddler Sneaky Insectois

Update: Came up with a name for my species. Khimauri. Still working on looks, but so far I'm thinking lanky, several limbs, and very much monstrous amalgamations of whatever they mixed themselves with during research and modification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back