• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Aesthetic Based Roleplays

Villainous Things

Brandy and vengeance and everything pain-laced.
Hey everyone!

I'd like to do a warning that this is going to be a LONG post!! It involves lots and lots of plots of mine that I've been really craving. I think it's fairly organized, however, and each plot can be roughly connected to an aesthetic that it will be filed under. Some are more thought out than others, and they'll have a little precursor of either TO=thought out, or NTO= not thought out; nevertheless, I'm flexible and I love to make plots into something that can be both mine and my partners! So even the more fleshed out ideas are open for changing around to fit what we would like to do together. A few of these plots have triggers such as: mental illness, physical illness, warfare, and death, and they will also get marked with a TW for a trigger warning and whatever the trigger is as well. I try my absolute best to always not glamorize whatever these triggers may be and do extensive research so I can best represent them as realistic parts of a story and a character's life! Now into the plots :)

[Cottagecore/fairycore/fantasycore] "Power and Rebellion"; TO; TW:Warfare.

It's meant to be a fantasy, near fairy tale setting, but with a dystopian twist! The Court, or the High Court, is a corrupt dictatorship that currently is the powerhouse government of the lands, Euphorica, ruling by an iron fist of fear and economical reliance; though, a small rebellion was sparked two years ago known as the Strike (the Strike is simply the name of the military might, the government is known as the Republic of the Haze), and has now grown into a force threatening the Court. My character would be playing as the leader of this rebellion and you can feel free to write as anyone you'd like to! Whether that be a second in command, the ruler of the Court, a guard of the Court, etcetera! This story will have elements like Dragons, Dragon riders and warriors, pirating, possible elemental or superhuman powers if that's your vibe, dark themes, warfare, armies, magic, kidnapping, Oracals, and much more, so you can play anyone that may fit into that, or if any of those interest you than I'd recommend giving this story idea a chance!

[Weirdcore/dreamcore/dark academia/steampunk] [Heavily based off the musical Newsies!] "Extra, Extra!"; TO: This here is story based within a vintage timeline, while historically accurate, the late 1800s would be a more proper setting, I've altered it to be an alternate universe with it being set in the late 1910s and early 1920s. This would primarily follow two separate walks of life at the time; a newsie who works a laborious job all the while being orphaned (this is the character I'd like to play), and the child of the owner of the cities printing company. While all the press cares of is getting a profit and a good story, the treatment given to the newsies is overlooked, until by a chance meeting these two youths stumble upon each other, and begin an adventure of realization and friendship. I'm open to this having fantasy elements as well, and would absolutely love to include those as well as spend a bit world building! That being said, if you're wanting to stick with a more vintage and historic timeline, I'm also more than okay with that! This story will mostly contain a coming of age theme, possible fantasy elements, angst, highlights of the newsies revolt, and much more!

[Weirdcore/dreamcore/steampunk/cyberpunk] "Forgotten"; TO:

This idea was inspired by the video game Forgotton Anne; while many walk the Earth with families and friends, people who acknowledge their existence, there are a select few who go forgotten. When such happens, they are transported to the Forgotten Realm, to live amongst others who were truly lost from memory. In such a place, not only are humans those that run amuck, but also that of objects that have been personified. My original idea was to have it so a person who isn't actually forgotten is brought to this realm by a mistake, and I'd love to find someone willing to write for that character; however, I'm also okay for you to write for a pre-existing Forgotling (those who live in the Realm correctly), or perhaps someone who lives in a different realm and opposes the existence of the one where those not remembered reside! This story will include Steampunk elements, as well as surrealism due to the nature of a not quite human world. The world in itself is not too developed, so I'm open to building that with a partner as well!

[Weirdcore/dark academia/dreamcore/horrorcore:] "Remembrance"; NTO; TW: Mental illness:
Despite it being not quite legal, a thrill seeker breaks into the abandoned shell of an old 1930s insane asylum. During their visit, they time travel back and meet a patient (this is who I'd like to play). The patient beliefs them to be a hallucination, while the traveler thinks the patient is a ghost. The longer they stay, the more they uncover the controversial treatment methods of the hospital and the sinister secrets it holds. Trapped in the room, the patient helps in hiding the traveler from the staff by forming an agreement that the traveler will help them break out.

[Dreamcore/cottagecore/horrorcore] "And Let Us Prey"; NTO: I have a super vague concept that I'd like to find a partner for due to an OC I've been slowly but surely developing as of late. Hopefully this won't be super long, as I don't have a solidified plot, and would love to brainstorm and develop with a partner! Basically, here's the gist: I've been making a character who's an eccentric (to say the very least) cult leader. He lives in a very small, rural town and has converted a good majority of the population to his beliefs; I think it would be fun to find someone who would like to write either a strictly, or raised strictly religious person who moves to the town and experiences the odd practices and way of life that the townsfolk live under: perhaps they want to start up a place of worship for their chosen religion or are looking for a way to escape the tight confines their current way of life restricts them too, that would be up to you! Though I like the conflict of the two religions, however, I also think it could be super fun to have it as an atheist or nonreligious person who ventures to the town: maybe a reporter or someone who has family they want to be closer to? Again, the sky's the limit!

[Angeliccore/dreamcore/lovecore:] "Guardians Doesn't Mean Safety"; NTO: Within their first year of college, a human attends alongside their guardian angel. While focusing on their creativity and enjoying their solace, the human has no idea that they're being watched over. Nor do they know of the dangers beginning to bubble in the cult-like community of Satanists; but their angel does know of this peril and of the humans part they must play in destroying the evil before it destroys Earth and humankind as it's known. A dark leader plans to bring the uprising of the dead and Satan himself to earn his position amongst the underworld; sacrificing innocent human lives to appease his twisted God. With his soul broken apart in shards, each relic they reside along playing a critical part in the final seance, will the human be able to deal with the sudden pressure and destiny bestowed upon them? With all this on their hands, the sudden presence of the angel, still in their disguise, being forced into the situation is comforting enough to not be questioned further; and the two begin to embark on the journey that rests the fate of both Heaven and Earth on their shoulders. But with the sudden close quarters of the human the angel begins to realize that this isn't just a file and a weekly report; and with unknown feelings suddenly surfacing they're faced with a battle that inhibits their ability to fully protect the human; of whether to confess to their true purpose or stay quiet as the vows of their job require; leaving them to face an evil that is above man while questioning if at heart that's all they truly are.

[Dreamcore/Weirdcore] "I Thought You Were Gone for Good"; NTO: Politician begins to meet their imaginary friend later in life. They're a bad influence and continually attempt to sway the politician into making rash and immature decisions.
----------------
Well hi again! If you made it through those whole explanations, I applaud you! I hope some of them interest you and we can get to planning! If you do care to start a roleplay, please message me with the title or titles of the plots that you'd be interested in! I'll leave some basic info about me below.

~Me~

° I got dogs! And, most likely, I will send you pictures if they do anything cute. Fair warning!

°My preferred pronouns are he/they, and I'm a nineteen year old male. I refer to
most people as dude, bro, etc, because I've got a nasty case of Dumb Jock Energy© but if you would prefer pronouns that differ from such or would be offended by such names linked to more masculine pronouns, please let me know! It may take a moment for me to adjust in OOC chat, and I mean no disrespect by it, but I'll try my hardest to refrain as swiftly as possible!

° I am a pretty upbeat person, I use a ton of exclamation points!

° My favorite food is mac 'n' cheese with ketchup though I literally adore anything spicy.

° I have Celiac, so if you're gluten free at all, I'm happy to chat about that and share foods/recipes!

° Most importantly of all, I do this to make friends as much as I do it to write. I love OOC chat and fanboying over roleplays!!

~Me as a writer~

° I've been doing this (role-playing) for close to a year now, so I'm not the best. But, I feel my writing is really starting to develop!

° I strongly prefer private servers to PM roleplays.

°I'm currently studying to be a medical examiner, so darker themes [within the our set rules] are something I'm comfortable writing. However, if you'd rather those not be utilized, please let me know! I can restrain.

° My writing style is nothing like my talking style. I'm quite somber at times, and I'm far less cringy!

°1000000% ghost friendly! It happens to us all! I always appreciate a message first, but that isn't needed! I do check in after about a week or so just to make sure everything is okay, I tend to worry a lot, especially so in a time like this, about my partners, but you don't need to even give a reason if you want to drop a roleplay!

°I have absolutely so issue picking up side characters or minor characters; I actually really like it! However, when it comes to doubling, I can't do it. I'm super sorry because I know it does suck when it's a Canon×OC situation but the two separate storylines just really overwhelms and stresses me out and that ruins the enjoyment of the roleplay on my part.

° I'm currently in IOP and school, so my replies can be a bit infrequent. I do however respond every other day on average, and will let you know if it will take longer than four days!

° I really, really prefer OC charts and plotting before jumping into a roleplay!

Now for my boring old rules, there's only a few!

° I do not write under aged characters in any romantic setting and strongly prefer keeping all characters 18+

° I prefer responses that are five to seven lines long at least, that being said, as long as you're putting in effort, and aren't sending one liners, I'll be fine.

° If you're wanting to include a touchy, trigger warning worthy subject, please run it by me first! And, if I decline its use, please respect that. I'll do the same. I have very few triggers, but sometimes certain subjects I just can't handle mentally that day, and if it wasn't preplanned out, something unexpected like that just isn't very fun in my opinion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back