• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Aegis 3.0

Jim lifted his head. He could scent his daughter. And someone or something else was with her.
Shifting into his wolf form, so he'd be able to use his senses better, he slowly trotted forwards.
After a while, he saw two shapes in the distance, slowly starting to form quite a big, white owl, and a small, brown-reddish wolf.
Rose's scent was getting stronger and stronger. Yet his demon nature started to try and regain control of him. Somehow he wasn't as able to contain it here as in the real world.
"Hi there.", he greeted the fellow animals, slightly tilting his head. "Has any of you seen a small girl with blue eyes and red hair around here? Probably accompanied by a pale, skinny, white-haired man?"
Looking at the wolf, he frowned slightly. Those eyes. The scent... Could she... no. Rose wasn't able to shift.
"I'm looking for her." He smiled softly. Some would've said it was faked, but it wasn't. "I'd like to meet her new friend."
And it wasn't a lie. He trusted his daughter. She'd make good decisions. And if she decided to trust Anonymo, then...then he'd do so too.

Steve blushed akwardly. "I just didn't want you to get hurt.", he whispered, smirking softly. "You know what we should do when we get home again? Watch Harry Potter."

Emma's gaze was first only focused on Sam's eyes - but soon started to zoom out and focus on him.
"Beautiful.", she smiled, her eyes sparkling softly. "Both."

Hunter raised an eyebrow. And as a dragon, her eyebrow was quite huge. "What hospital?", she asked - and then she let out a squeaking scream. "ATHENA! ALASKA!"

Dennis winked, wrapping his arm around Toxic's waist. "Can I ask you something, hun?"

The Wolf stayed silent, but the owl spoke up, scanning the black wolf with its dark eyes.
"You're seeking for a broken picture then."
He looked back down again, at the ground below the cliff, where the dragon kept digging and digging. The river was flowing slowly; too slowly to be natural, considering that it should normally crash into that riverbed like a spring tide.
The area around the river was just as weird. There were places with dead trees, fire, despair radiating from them, right next to beautiful flowers and butterflies.
"Not many came. But those who did came to kill, or demanded answers."
For the first time, the owl directly looked into Jim's eyes now.
"I demanded them too, a long time ago. And i'm sorry to give you the same answer I got: i can't answer your questions. Neither the one you asked aloud, not the ones in your heart."

Athena laughed softly and ruffled his hair. "Of course. I'm finally rid of my fat belly and my dear husband wants to watch Harry potter", she chuckled, earning a confused look from Lilly.
"What else should he want to do?"
Athena immediately silenced. "Um...twister."

A soft blush stained Sam's cheeks and he looked away, while the scenery in his eyes turned into a meadow full of butterflies.
"Do you know the Mindworld-theory?", he asked to change the topic.

Foxy raised one eyebrow. "What about Serpo? Not that he'll get lost, wherever he is. Shouldn't we find him?"

Toxic smiled softly while she leaned her head against his shoulder while walking. "Of course honey, you can ask me everything."

Jim just raised an eyebrow at the owl. He knew that voice. He just couldn't remember where he'd heard that before.
"Well, alright. If you see a girl walking past, please tell her her father is looking for her.", with a sigh he walked on.
Where could Rose be? There was nobody else around here.
>>Maybe I should just return home.<<

Steve smirked, looking at Athena from the corner of his eye. "I didn't even think of that. Yeah...", wiggling his eyebrows, he continued. "Let's play twister."

"The what theory?", Emma asked, slightly tilting her head. It somehow was really to concentrate on anything else than his eyes or voice.

Hunter rolled her eyes. "Ehm yeah... ok let's get to Serpo first." She turned around again and flew towards her and Macon's house.

"Where do you want our kid to grow up?", Dennis asked, softly giving her a kiss on her forehead. "In Montana? Where the others live? Or somewhere else?"

"He looks worried, little friend", the owl mumbled silently, and the fiery orange wolf nodded slowly.
"But if I tell him it's me, He will be angry at you..."
"Still, You shouldn't leave him that worried."
With a silent sigh, rose looked after her father.
"Daddy, wait...", she called softly, immediately pushing herself against the owl's wing to clarify she was his friend.
"You have to promise me you will listen."

An evil grin formed on Athena's face and she shook her head.
"Nope! ", she chuckled. "You wanted to watch Harry potter, so we will watch Harry potter. "

Sam smiled relieved. Distraction had worked.
He pointed at everything around with a motion of his hand and raised one eyebrow. "The mindworld-theory. It says that our whole world is the thought of a higher being. And what we imagine, is another world again. That way, millions of worlds could be existing, and everyone is kind of a keeper of another world. It's fascinating... just imagine everything you ever dreamed of, everything you made up and thought of... It all happened, it's all real. Right here." He softly tapped his finger against her temple.

Foxy felt the nervousness increasing more and more, the closer they got. A brother...
How would he be? Would he like her although she only existed because his father cheated on his mother with her mother?

Toxic furrowed her eyebrows slightly as she thought about Dennis' question.
"I never thought about that", she admitted, tilting her head. "Why do you ask; Do you have a certain place in mind?"

Jim turned around, his wolf-ears curiously standing up. "Rose?", he asked surprised. "Since when...?"
Walking up to her again, he sat down, staring at the little, orange wolf in front of him.
"You know I always listen."

Steve pouted sadly. "You're not nice with me.", he winked, laughing.

Emma blinked confused. "Okay. Do you believe in that theory? Do you believe this world is just in someone's thoughts and everything we went through was planned?"

Hunter sensed her sister's nervousness. "Foxy, everything ok?", she asked, slightly tilting her head.

Shaking his head, Dennis stopped. "Well, Texas is my home. I was born here, grew up here, lived here... but now that I got my pain-in-the-ass cousin back, I also want to be near him... I just don't know. It depends on where my beautiful girlfriend wants to live."

"Daddy, Anno isn't a bad one", Rose said softly. "He was, but now he isn't."
"Look, I surely did things I'm not proud of.", the owl sighed. "And the others surely were right to lock me up here, But I guess I've finally grown up. Your daughter listened to me and helped me change my ways. I just...i don't want to be all alone here anymore, that's why I got Macon here. I thought he would understand me, but my world's influence...i didn't expect it to be so strong." Once more, the owl sighed and turned into Anonymo.
"I've been locked up for a million years now...don't you think that finally is enough?"

Athena grinned evil. "That's my job as a siren!", she giggled. "Drive guys insane and then be not nice to them."

"In fact I know the one who keeps it all running here", Sam chuckled. "It's not like he's evil or so. He in fact is a very wise guy." Nodding silently to himself, he flashed a smile at Emma.
"Well and i'm glad he came up with us meeting!"

Foxy shrugged. "Just...what if he doesn't like me because I only exist because dad cheated on your mom?" She sighed. "Or what if he doesn't like fairies?"

Toxic smiled softly, running her fingers through his hair once. "Well, I think it would be nice for our little one to grow up close to the rest of the family. I mean, there are many kids to play with here, a safe meadow with a lot of space...i got my friends here, and you got your cousins..."

Jim shifted back into his human form, sighing. Anonymo reminded him of himself.
"Listen, I know what you mean.", he looked at Rose for a moment, before back at Anonymo. "Everybody should deserve a second chance." Sighing, he added, "But I know plenty of people who have used their second chance to bring even more misery."
His gaze quickly shifted to Rose. "My daughter trusts you, and I trust her. Yet, you need to understand why I cannot simply take you back to Earth. I'll need some strong evidence that you've changed."

Steve laughed. "But still!", winking, he quickly gave her a kiss on her cheek. "Hey Lily, already have plans on what you wanna teach your little brother?"

Emma raised an eyebrow. "You do?", she asked, not fully believing it. "So we're in someone's head?"

Hunter sighed - even if her dragon sigh sounded more like a cow snoaring - and softly touched Foxy's back with her tail. "Sweetie, first off, why should he care about that? Dad gave him away, so he already hates him. No worries. And second, who doesn't like fairies?!"

Dennis nodded. "It's safer there in Montana." He looked deep into Toxic's eyes before softly placing his hands on her cheeks and pulling her closer for a deep kiss. "I love you."

"Of course you do", Anno said with a gentle nod. He smiled at Rose for a moment, before looking back at Jim. Why don't we go to my house for a cup of coffee and have a piece of pie while talking about all that?", he suggested.
"Uncle Anno?", Rose said with a sweet smile. "Can I play on your harp again when we're there?"
"Hmmmhh isn't that one a bit big for you?"
"You can shrink it, like last time!"
"Indeed, Indeed. Okay, but I'll silence it a bit so your dad and I can talk, alright?"
"Alright uncle Anno!" Grinning happily, the little wolf transformed back into the little girl, again taking a bit longer than normal, and ran in the direction of Anonymo's house.
"Your girl really is someone special", he said with a soft smile.

"Drake", Foxy grunted. "He didn't say it, but I could see it in his eyes how ridiculous he thought my kind is."

Toxic cuddled against him tightly and kissed him back with all her love.
"I love you just the same", she said with a soft smile.

Jim watched Rose happily run away with a broken look in his eyes.
"Yeah, she is.", he replied, sighing silently before turning to Anonymo. "Listen...I think it's better for me if I leave now. Remembering what this place did to my brother, him being an angel, I doubt this is a good place for me to stay. I don't want anyone to get hurt." He didn't want to turn into his demon again. If he did it purposely, for protection uses only, it was fine. He was able to maintain himself like that. But if something like rage or pain made him shift...that wasn't good. Just as this energy in this place. He always somehow attracted energy, and he didn't want the energy to help him lose control and shift. His daughter shouldn't see the monster hiding underneath his skin. Nobody should see the real monster.
"I'll talk to Lucifer, Macon and my wife about this, maybe Mort and Sol as well. Let's see what they have to say 'bout this. Perhaps they'll wanna talk to you." Using his lightnings to open a portal again, he walked towards it, and before jumping in, he once turned to Anno again. "Watch out for Rose.", and with that he jumped, the portal closing behind him.

Hunter sniffed angrily. "God how I hated him.", she hissed, her dragon ears laid back. "He always thought he was the best just because he was a phoenix with ice powers. Damn I'm glad Rachel isn't like that. Every species is unique on its own, just as every ability. Just because one is a mythical creature doesn't make him better than the rest. What should I say then? I'm a freaking dragon combined with a harpy and mermaid-form!" Sighing frustratedly, she slightly bent her head back to look at her sister. "Don't let anyone tell you how to live your life, little sister. Fairies are amazing, and without them, nature wouldn't be as it is today: beautiful and unique."

Dennis grinned happily at Toxic. "I can't believe I've lived the beginning of my life without you, you know?" His smile was bright, happy, without any sorrow. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

(you forgot to reply to Steve and Emma XD)

Rachel had seen the portal opening in the sky and had immediately come here, slightly worrying for Jim, after what had happened to Macon when he had landed up there. The soft breeze was playing with her hair, and once more she thought back to the night in Afghanistan and smirked lightly. As she saw him appearing through the portal again, she flew up to his attitude and smiled at him like back then.
"Hey honey, everything okay? You look worried...", she said, softly stroking over his cheek.

"Riding a bike! And swimming!", Lilly said with a huge grin. "And i want to walk him to kindergarten with you when he's old enough."

"Not...entirely", Sam replied thoughtfully. "But what he wants to happen will happen. We're not in his head, but this is his world." Looking around, he smiled slightly. "It's so much bigger than mine. I can only imagine his power..."

"That's true", Foxy chuckled. "Though I miss Zaine. He was a great guy, always helped me keeping the forest in best shape. We basically had the same abilities! And he was a..." She sniffed silently, looking down and drawing circles on her sister's back. "...he had a wonderful singing voice. When he was singing with the birds...it felt like a second sun was rising. He...he really was something special...i mean, I know he was five years older than me but...god How I loved him..." She bit her lip, looking away. That actually had been planned to stay her secret. Shit...

Toxic smiled at him happily, and softly poked her nosetip against his cheek. "I thought i had started living when i finally left the abandoned school but... i believe I only started living when you took my hand..."

(And thaaaat happens when I'm tired while writing XD)

Jim watched Rachel appear and smiled sadly. "I'm fine, I guess.", he replied, sighing. "Just my thoughts playing games with me." So much he had to think about. So much he had to worry about.
John was dead because of him. Because of his car. A car!
Jim had broken a promise. He'd promised Cody to bring Violet back, but he hadn't be able to.
And now Rose with Anonymo. What if she liked him more because Anno could give her more?
He knew it was silly to always worry about stuff like that, and to always being scared of someone replacing him but...he couldn't help it.
He was still scared Rachel would want to replace him for someone better, who could give her more, who wasn't jealous of every guy only looking at her, who didn't have rage-outbursts...who had never hurt her.
He was still scared Macon would replace him in a heartbeat for his brother Nico.
He was still scared he wasn't the brother Athena and Macon wanted.
He was still scared he failed at being a father...
"I think Imma just need some time for myself."

Steve smirked proudly. "You know what Lilly?", he asked her, winking. "You're gonna be the best sister ever."

Emma was still confused. "I don't really get it...", she mumbled akwardly, tilting her head. "Could you explain it to me again somehow? If there's an easier way...? If not then it's fine too."

Hunter stopped in the middle of the air, throwing her sister in the air and quickly turning, so she was flying on her back - before catching Foxy on her belly.
"Wait a second there. You like Zaine?"

Dennis' eyes were sparkling. "Dammit, you're cute.", winking, he kissed her cheek and just stared at her for a moment. "Man, I'm so glad to have you."

(stupido! XD)

Rachel frowned sadly. She could feel his fear and pain as if it was her own, and the broken look in his eyes worried her deeply.
And then there was still ash, who...
"One call is enough if you need me, okay honey?", she mumbled softly, planted a gentle kiss on his forehead and flew down to land on the ground again. Watching him from below, she sighed silently.
Would she ever be able to free him from his fear of being replaced and forgotten?
"Jim!", she called up at him with a slight smirk. Maybe he would remember. "Always think of cosmic latte!"

(Just leaving out Lilly here, got a sliiight block there X'D)

Sam smirked slightly. He wrapped his arms around Emma tightly and looked into her eyes. "Imagine you are this world and I am the one i just talked about. I'm right here with you, closer than you expected, and it only takes a flick of my finger to change something about you." He stroked a streak of hair out of her face and smirked. "See? Changed something. Now, my world, i just havect to run my fingers through your hair to turn them into a completely new style." He softly took her hair and braided it into an elegant waterfall braid. "But even though I can do all those things, even though i could warm you right Now, or break your spine with a flick of my arm, you aren't in my head. You are right here, you are real, and I can't do everything. I couldn't force you to..." he thought about an example for a moment.
"I couldn't force you to...lets just say kiss me. I could do something that might make you do it."
He leaned his forehead against hers and looked into her eyes.
"But in the end it's you who decides what to make of it. That's how it works."

Foxy blushed deeply and looked away.
"Well, I did...but He's dead so there's no use in looking back", she mumbled sadly. "He's gone. Lets not play with salt."

"Who said you have me?!", Toxic gasped, making a shocked face, but then giggled. "I'm glad to have you too honey."

(Ohh, Español! XD)

Jim looked down at Rachel and smirked. "Ya think I never recognized you, Alex?", he yelled back at her, winking. "Love you, honey.", he mumbled, not sure if she had heard him, before flying off to the lake near the old hideout.
Landing on the gravel, he made his wings disappear and used his lightnings to make his guitar appear. The one Macon had built him right after Jim had been revived by Jamie. Traitor Jamie Nr. 1, but still.
He sat down, just watching the water for a moment, his guitar next to him in the sand.
Sighing, he looked at the wooden design on his guitar which showed himself as a wolf, Rachel as a phoenix, Macon as human - because nobody knew he was a shapeshifter too back then - and Hunter as dragon.
Was he a good brother to his siblings? Was he a good husband and friend? Was he a good son, someone to be proud of? Was he a good father to his kids? Was he a different person than he used to be?
Sure, he didn't participate in any illegal / criminal actions anymore, nor did he smoke or use drugs anymore. But he still drank. Even if it was just occasionally. What if he'd fall back into alcoholism?
He still didn't trust easily. Threatening everyone he didn't know who came too close to his family.
He was still scared of being replaced and forgotten because he wasn't good enough for anybody.
He still had rage outbursts from time to time, and he could still form a threat if his demon/monster form would take over.
There was so much wrong with him. So much which still had to be fixed. Was he worth living the life he was living right now?
Every single day, he drowned in guilt of what he had done in the past. While others, even some 'victims' forgave him, he would never be able to. He was a monster.
Just as everyone always told him. Prisoner. Creep. Monster. Worthless. Who could love someone like him?
Jim sighed again. He was glad he could be alone for a moment. He had never liked talking about his feelings and thoughts, and he always felt he'd just annoy people if he'd talk about his own problems. Even if people said it was fine, he wouldn't believe it.
Now he could just think by himself. Nobody who'd read his thoughts or who'd talk to him about it. What would it change if only annoying them?
Picking up his guitar, he started playing some soft chords. A song he had written not too long ago.
"Prison gates won't open up for me
On these hands and knees I'm crawlin'
Oh, I reach for you

Well I'm terrified of these four walls
These iron bars can't hold my soul in
All I need is you
Come please I'm callin'
And all I scream for you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'

Show me what it's like
To be the last one standing
And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be
And say it for me
Say it to me
And I'll leave this life behind me
Say it if it's worth saving me

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you

These city walls ain't got no love for me
I'm on the ledge of the eighteenth story
And all I scream for you
Come please I'm callin'

And all I need from you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'

Show me what it's like
And say it for me
Say it to me

Hurry I'm fallin'

And all I need is you
Come please I'm callin'
And all I scream for you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin', I'm fallin'

Show me what it's like
And say it for me
Say it to me

Hurry I'm fallin'

Say it for me
Say it to me
..."

(lol okay XD)

Emma nodded, staring into Sam's eyes. "I get it now.", she whispered, her heart slowly starting to beat faster. She didn't know why, but she somehow felt oddly attracted to Sam. And she meant like really being attracted, somehow like he was a magnet or so. Not to mention he was really handsome and nice...
"Eh... yes I eh... how long 'till the waiter comes back?", she lifted her head - away from him - and looked around, trying to find their waiter - trying to hide her red cheeks.

Hunter sighed sadly. "Now I get why you never liked Brooklyn...", she looked at her sister with her big dragon eyes, a sad expression on her face. "I'm so sorry, sweetie. I know what it's like to lose the one you love. Happened to me twice now... I was lucky enough that he always somehow came back to life."

Dennis chuckled. "Who says you have me?", he asked, winking, before wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her as close as possible. Softly leaning his forehead against hers, he smirked. "I love you so damn much, Tox."

A black- haired head surfaced out of the lake, followed by a pair of heterocromatic blue and brown eyes, distinctive cheekbones, and a very slight shade of beard stubbles. Ash stepped out of the water, grabbed a towel he had hung over the branch of an old oak nearby and quickly dried his hair with it.
As he noticed Jim, the young man furrowed his eyebrows for a moment, before hiding behind the towel to change into a black cargo shorts and a yeĺlow Lakers basketball top. He'd still have to tell his father why he was wearing this one. It looked far too official to be bought in the internet or so, and even spelled 'A. Davis' on the backside. But he already seemed so worried right now...
The towel over his shoulder, his soaked, black swim shirts in his hand, he just rested his arms on the branch of the oak and watched for a while. Either he wanted to be alone- in that case he wouldn't be disturbing him- or he'd want him to accompany him. Then he would come over.

Sam laughed softly, let go of Emma again and leaned back in his chair.
As another waiter came back, wearing a jacket that spelled 'lakers' on the back, he raised one eyebrow. "A fan?", he asked smirking, and the man nodded. "Are there already news wether their new player accepted their offer?"
A huge grin formed on the waiters face. "Davis? Oh yes, I heard he'll be playing in the next playoff already! Seems to be a big thing, that boy."
Sam just nodded. "So he accepted...", he mumbled, and smiled at the server. "Yeah I heard that too. They say he's the next LeBron."
"Well, guess we'll see.", the waiter chuckled as he put everything on the table and walked off again.

Foxy just sighed and lifted her shoulders. "I'm teaching the animals and plants his story, so he and what he did fot everyone won't be forgotten", she mumbled silently. "I just wish I could have said goodbye..."

"Didnt you wanna show me that house, honey?", Toxic chuckled. "If we continue like this we'll still be here by the day after tomorrow, and I'm slowly starting to grow peckish!"

Last edited:
At the slightest noise, Jim had already looked up and noticed his son. Already 16... man, Jim could be his older brother.
Even though he actually wanted to be alone, he also wanted to know what Ash was doing here. Wasn't he scared of water, too?
Whistling, he waited for Ash to walk over. Putting his guitar down next to him, he tried to quickly calm down his thoughts for a moment so he would be able to focus on his son.

"Basketball fan?", Emma asked, taking a sip off her coffee. "You somehow looked sad when the waiter told their new player accepted the offer? Do you know him?"

Hunter sighed sadly, thinking of Draco. Sure, she still saw her brother as a ghost, but she would've wanted to say goodbye... "I know what you mean.", she whispered. "He'll never be forgotten."

Dennis chuckled akwardly. "It's like I keep forgetting!", winking, he started walking again. "Just follow me, ma'am, and we'll be there in no time."

Ash slowly came over, leaving the swim shorts on the branch. He heated himself up to dry and sat down on the trunk beside his father.
"I'm actually surprised you waited for me to come over", he admitted. "You didn't really seem like you wanted company, dad."
Staring at the lake, he sighed deeply, guessing Jim's thoughts.
"I came here to think...", he sighed. "Dad... if you had a message that's good and bad at the same time, like, something that contains having to move away for a long time... how would you tell the people who care about You?"

"It's my nephew", Sam sighed. "You know him. Ash. Ash Davis."
Staring at the table, he traced the structure of the wood. "When he wants to play for the Lakers...that means he will have to move away...to Miami..."

"Yeah, I will make sure he won't!", foxy said determined. As a soft breeze, carrying a few petals and leaves, softly stroked through her hair, she closed her eyes with a sad smile. "I didn't tell you because you loved Brooklyn.", she mumbled softly. The breeze stayed, whistling around her.
"...Zaine...! If i had just known...i wish you were still th...what?...you mean...?" Her eyes widened.
"Hunter! To Macon! NOW!"

toxic laughed silently as she followed him. "Man, luckily you have me to think for you", she chuckled, following him.

Lifting his shoulders, Jim just stared at the lake. "No matter how bad you feel, your kids always come first.", he explained, turning his head to his son, one eyebrow raised, as Ash mentioned his question. "Well, in the first place - you need to tell yourself 'why is it good news?' and 'why is it bad news?'. 'Is it worth leaving?'. And of course it also depends on how long you'll be gone." Turning back to the lake again, some old memories flashing before his eyes, he sighed. "Telling you from my own experience - saying goodbye because you need to go away for quite a while is hard. Really hard. Your heart breaks in two when you see your little five-year-old half-brother standing there with his teddy-bear, waving at you, crying - thinking you'll be back tomorrow, when in fact you don't even know if you'll ever return." Clearing his throat, he continued, "Well, that's my experience. When I left to return to Afghanistan after your mother left for a secret mission too... I just went. I didn't say goodbye to anyone, I just left. Your mom had done the same to us all, and it had broken my heart... and then I did the same, leaving all your hearts broken as well just so it'd be easier for me to leave. Well, either way, somebody ends up hurt. The ones you leave will always get hurt, it depends on how you leave if you yourself will be hurt too or not."
He turned to his son again, frowning. "Why do you ask?"

Emma gasped. "What?" Her eyes wide open, she shook her head. "No, he can't do that! What about Emily? She's finally happy again! What will happen if he leaves?!" Slowly tears were forming in her eyes - as Emily suddenly appeared right next to them.
"I felt bad vibes coming from you, mom. Are you ok?"
"Honey, I'm so sorry... Ash..."
Emily just smiled softly. "I know. I'll be going with him."
"Okay." Emma hadn't realized what Emily had said, and her expression slowly started to transform into a horrified one as she understood. "What?!"
"Yeah. Can't let my boyfriend go alone! He'll need his training partner and cheerleader!", Emily winked. "And I got an arts study offered. I'll be going to Miami's University of Arts, where I will study dance and art!"
Emma didn't react. Instead, everything in front of her eyes just turned black.

Hunter frowned confused. "But you said we'd need to go get Serpo first?" She just rolled her eyes, turned around and flew in Alaska's direction. "Why? What's wrong?"

Dennis laughed. "Without you I'd be... I don't know." He akwardly scratched the back of his head and just winked. "So hun, when we arrive it'll just be an idea for a house of our own, 'kay?"

Ash smiled sadly as he looked up into his father's eyes...even if it only was about half an inch to look up, but whatever.
"Thanks dad, that really helped me", he said honestly. "Really...really cool of you to help me even though you yourself don't feel okay, too."
After watching the waves for a while, he sighed and ran his hand through his hair just as Jim always did.
"Why is is good news- it's my dream comin' true, I mean, this is what I trained for all the time and I know it'll be great.
Why is it bad news..." He sighed. "I'll have to move to Miami... but on the other hand, we all can teleport so that probably ain't be that big of a problem..."
He had mumbled that to himself, but now he side-glanced at Jim and sighed once more as he pulled a letter out of the pocket of his cargo shorts.
"I got this two weeks ago. It's from the lakers. They want me. Can you believe it?! They really want me. Id already be in the next playoffs! I'd earn good money, and durin' the breaks in summer and winter, they would pay so i could use that time to study engineer. But i' d have to move to Miami. Sure, I need your official agreement since I'm not full age yet, but what's far more important for me is that you're really okay with it. Not just on the paper...but for real. I aint gonna do anything you wouldn't support, y'know? After all...i want ya to be proud of me..." that last sentence was so silent that it was barely understandable, and ash stared at the ground, in anxious awaiting of his father's reaction.

Sam raised his eyebrows. "K.O. in the first round. And the winner is Emily Anderson..." He stood up and winked at her. "We should maybe get her to a bit more...secure place. I'll teleport us to my house."
Next second, he picked Emma up and then was just gone. At least there already was a couch in the living room, so he softly lay her down on it, covered her with a blanket and sat down on the edge, softly stroking over her shoulder.
Poor Emma. This probably was a shock for her...

"Zaine!", foxy coughed. "He had an idea, but we need an archangel for that! Ergo: your husband. I just hope it'll really work..."

"Sure, I got that by now", toxic chuckled. "It's not like you haven't mentioned that two or three times already, hun."

Jim felt as if his entire world had stopped.
Ash would leave?
To Miami?
All on his own?
In a big town with dangerous gangs?
How would Jim be able to protect him then?
His mind was yelling. >>Breathe!<<
Noticing that Jim was somehow still not breathing, he grabbed the letter and started reading it - while slowly started to inhale some air again.
"Wow...", he mumbled after a while. "That's... that's really great... I... I'm really happy for you."
He turned to his son and smiled. "You'll get to live your dream, study, you'll earn money... You'll live on your own and you'll learn how that's like. Damn, that's really great news." Handing the letter back to Ash, he looked at the lake. "Did you already tell the others?"
He just had to keep talking so he wouldn't start drowning in his thoughts. Keep talking until Ash leaves.

Emily had quickly followed Sam and appeared behind him. "Where are we?", she asked, not even sure if he had heard anything.
Seeing him on the couch next to her mother, stroking through her hair, she frowned slightly - and then just pushed it away.
"Mom must be in quite a shock..."

Hunter aprubtly stopped in the middle of the air, just somehow floating.
"You first of all tell me what the plan is.", she growled silently. "If it involves Macon somehow being threatened to get hurt I'll have to be very sorry but then I won't bring you to him. I've had enough of him sacrificing his lives for others." She sighed. "Tell me the plan."

Dennis smirked akwardly. "I just don't want you to think I want a house exactly like that because it's... well, it's painted pink."

Ash smiled sadly.
"Dad. I've been trained to read other people like a book. I can see you're worried."
He wrapped one arm around his father's shoulders and smirked the typical Davis-smirk.
"I will take good care of myself; I promise. And it's not like I'll be all alone. Emily will come with me. When I told her she was like 'nope, not gonna let my boyfriend go on his own! I'm in!'. We already found a nice apartment in a duplex house, and the young family in the other half is really nice. They have a son, seven years old. I promised him i'd teach him all i learned about cars, from my awesome dad." Looking at the lake again, He sighed. "No, I didn't tell them yet. I at first wanted to talk to you about it. And hey, Dad- I promise, I'll come to visit you here as often as i can, okay? And if you want I'll get you VIP tickets for every game."

Sam lifted his head to look at Emily and smiled slightly. "We're in my house. I'm eh... renovating, as you see. I mean, It's a bit roomy for one person alone but hey, at least i have a garden for barbecues." Looking at Emma again, and back at Emily, He raised one eyebrow.
"You don't say!", he gasped sarcastically, but his smile signalized that he didn't mean it offensive. "Did you think about this really well, Emily?", he asked seriously. "It's a really big step you're going there. Moving in together, and everything. You guys aren't even 18!"

Foxy crossed her arms with a deep, angry frown.
"Hunter Gale, do you really think I'm egoistic enough to risk macons life?!", she growled, before flying on on her own.
"Thank you very much, sister, for thinking so nicely about me!"

Toxic burst out in laughter at the mention of the house's color. "Oh I mean... who doesn't want to live inside a pig?", she giggled. "Or...or a marshmallow! Yum!"
Still chuckling, she softly hit his shoulder. "If painted- then it's gotta be peach."

Jim sighed. "I know you'll take good care of yourself, it's just... how am I supposed to protect you when you're that far away?" He looked at the lake again, his eyes empty. "It's all going too fast. You were 11... and then 16 - on the same day! And now you're moving out... to Miami. It's... it's a lot to handle. Especially if your mind is already drowning in other thoughts and worries."
Thinking back of the young boy whom he played baseball with, he closed his eyes for a moment, enjoying the memory, before opening them again.
"As I said before. I'm happy for you, I really am. You get to live your dream. It's just hard for the family."
Grabbing the letter again, he quickly made a pen appear and signed. "There you go, kiddo."
He lay the letter down on Ash's lap, grabbed his guitar and got up.
"I'll just need some time for myself to process everything, 'kay? I think you should go and tell the others 'bout the big news..."

Emily shifted into her dog form and sat down on the floor.
"It's sweet how you're worried about me.", she said, smiling. "I've thought about it. One of the best art schools is in Miami, I'll get to study dance and arts there! Ash will play with the Lakers. Yes, we're quite young to be already moving in together - but I'm optimistic. For now I'll just say we'll stay together, and I'm really confident about that, so... don't worry."

Hunter rolled her eyes and flew next to her sister. "Oh c'mon Foxy, you know I don't think about you like that!" She growled silently. "It's just that always when it involves making people come back from the death, Macon somehow ends up risking his own life! Even if you would never do that... I just don't want to almost lose him again, okay? You having lost Zaine should understand that."

Dennis raised an eyebrow. "Peach?" Thinking about it for a moment, he nodded. "Sounds great."

"D-Dad!", Ash called with big eyes as Jim seemed about to leave. For a second, the expression on his face was the one of a scared child.
Sure, He was super happy that the Lakers wanted him, but... At the same time he was scared as hell to lose his father. He said he was happy for him, but still...
"I..."
He shook his head and darted forwards to hug him.
"Please don't think I don't like it here. I love this place. And no matter how long I'll be in Miami, this will always be my one and true home. And... before I leave...i mean, we could make it a day. Go fishing, play baseball, all the things we always enjoyed to do..."

Sam nodded slowly, but he didn't seem entirely a convinced yet.
"Well if you ever need help or so, just let me know, Okay?"
He carefully petted Emma's cheek, a sorrowful expression on his face.
"Emma? C'mon, wake up...it's half as had. We all can teleport, Miami is no distance that way..."

Foxy rolled her eyes. "As i said, I'm not egoistic enough to take a risk of that happening, Hunter. Apart from that, Mac is an adult, grown-up man. He's old enough to decide things like that on his own. I don't even know if it'll work, but i know if someone can tell me that, It's him. "

Smiling happily, toxic walked on.
"So, how do you know that house?", she asked curiously. "Is a friend of you living there or so?"

Last edited:
Jim let his guitar fall to the floor so he could hug Ash with both his arms.
"I know.", he whispered, smiling softly. He never liked admitting he was scared... but how else should he explain it? "I've already lost so many people, I'm just scared of losing you, too."
Nodding, he added, "And I'd like to have a day like that again."

Emily nodded. "I will. Thanks, Sam." Her tail started wagging excitedly as she saw her mother's eyes opening.
"W-where am I?", Emma stuttered, sitting up. She blushed, noticing Sam's hand on her cheek.

Hunter just sighed again. "And that's the problem... it's as if he'd rather die, leaving his family to break, instead of... you know, not saving anyone." She shook her head, turning around. "Seems like nobody gets that. But fine, if you wanna fly to Alaska all on your own with your delicate wings, that's your decision." She shifted into her harpy form, already starting to fly back to her home.
"Just to let you know: if something happens to my husband, you'll be the one I'll blame."

Dennis shook his head.
"I know it from Jim.", he explained. "I'm not sure wether he told anyone of you, he never liked telling that to anybody - but he always spends money to a charity which helps get kids out of abusive homes. Never knew why he cared so much for kids who got abused at home, since, y'know - he was quite the criminal when in his teens and he'd hit quite a couple of guys too. But still, he used to visit those kids all the time, to spend time with them, sing them songs... And he once let me accompany him. I'd never seen him that sensitive before." He smiled softly. "And I absolutely loved the house. The kids decided to paint it pink because it's a happy color."

Ash softly picked up Jim's guitar and looked at it for a while.
After quite some time of silence, he went back to the trunk with it and started to play a soft, sad melody.
"i never told you how
How much you mean to me,
What in the world I would do -
I just never dared to say it all to you,
Oh, to you...

There goes a day, there goes a week.
So many goals I had to reach.
The more I did the less I cared,
The more I missed the love you shared.
If life is a song somehow it's sad -
I don't know the words without you, Dad.
You've been on my mind all the time.
And i'm missing you.

Home used to be just some walls
That I knew.
But the truth is that home means nothing
Without you.

So I gotta say:
Won't you gro-o-ow o-old,
'Cause it's you-ou-ou-ou-ou
That I wa-ant to last
As long as I need you here.
And I'm be-e-egging you:
Daddy, please do-o-on't leave -
You once told your little boy
You're unbreakable.

There goes a month, there goes a year.
So many things out there I fear.
You helped me up when I was down,
You taught me how to stand my ground.
This life is a song, happy and sad,
And I don't want to sing without you Dad.
Maybe it's selfish when I say these words:
But i'm missing you.

Home used to be just some walls
That I knew.
But the truth is that home means nothing
Without you.

So I gotta say:
Won't you gro-o-ow o-old,
'Cause it's you-ou-ou-ou-ou
That I wa-a-ant to last
As long as I need you here.
And I'm be-e-egging you:
Daddy, please do-o-on't leave -
You once told your little boy
You're unbreakable.

The truth is my home means nothing
Without you."

By now, his eyes had turned into two little pools, filled with tears.
"I wrote that when you were suddenly gone to Afghanistan. I lost you once, Dad...that was the hardest time of my life. It was worse than what that wolf did to me all those years...so believe me when i say I won't let that happen to you too. You won't lose me. I promise."

Sam chuckled silently as Emma blushed. He gently helped her sit up and smiled reassuringly. "You're in my house. I brought you here after you blacked out, before anyone would start staring or so. Are you okay though? That's eh...quite big news there, hm...?"

Foxy growled silently. For Zaine, shed even fly to the north pile, even though she knew that extreme cold could make her wings break like glass.
As she finally reached Alaska, she already felt her wings stiffening...
And before she could react, the tiniest of shattering sounds was heard, and she dropped to the ground like a stone.

Toxic smiled touchedly.
"I really like that story", she said silently. "Maybe we should visit those children too, when we're already there. Spread some happiness. I could draw something with the kids or so, or read to them..."

Jim looked at his son, his eyes... they were sparkling proudly, yet a tear escaping, while they also looked sad. Happy and sad at the same time.
"...that was...beautiful...", he mumbled touched, wrapping his arm around Ash's shoulder, softly pushing him into a hug. Closing his eyes, he just enjoyed his son's closeness. "I love you, kiddo."
Looking into Ash's eyes, he smirked proudly. "You look like exactly like I did at your age. I just hope you won't behave like I did.", winking, he looked back at the lake. Sure, with Ash leaving, a part of Jim'd leave too... but he had to go through it. He couldn't just let Ash stay because he wanted to.
"Hey, wanna play some basketball 'gainst your 'old man'?", he asked, raising his eyebrows, smirking. "He might teach ya some good ol' tricks.", he added, chuckling.

Emma gulped. "But they're so young!", she exclaimed, taking a deep breath afterwards. "What if something happens to them?"
"Oh c'mon, mom. We're 16. What should happen?"
"What if you get pregnant?"
Emily's eyes widened, and she turned back into her human form, standing up. "Excuse me?"
"Lots of kids your age have the first se-"
"What do you think of me?!"
"It's not just you. What if Ash takes the initiative and forces you-"
"Ash would never do anything like that! He's a good guy! He's not like your stupid exes!"
"Young lady, don't you talk to me in a tone like that! I only want to protect you from an unwanted pregnancy which could ruin your life. Nobody is ready to be a mom at such a young age. You'd have to talk to him about protecting and you should visit a doctor and-"
"MOM NOT HERE! NOT NOW! NOT EVER!", Emily yelled at her, clearly hurt. "Do you think I'm stupid or so?! You really think I'd have unprotected s-", she turned her head towards Sam and just growled at her mom. "I hate you!", and with that she teleported away.

[LINK=[URL]https://www.google.lu/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiLo9DdmtTSAhUBrRQKHeDzBqYQjRwIBw&url=https://www.pinterest.com/poeticallym/elsa-and-the-elf/&bvm=bv.149397726,d.dGc&psig=AFQjCNEPT__8YgSOBysvBSNxdlf7y_WArg&ust=1489519425108852]Taran[/LINK[/URL]] looked up. Was that a human falling from the sky? He quickly spread his snow white fairy wings and flew up into the sky, catching the person in his arms.
A woman.
With wings.
A fairy?
He raised an eyebrow. Clearly a forest fairy. What was a forest fairy doing here?
Flying down and landing in the snow, he walked towards a tree with a tree house in it, still wondering who this female fairy was.

"But you didn't hear that from me!", Dennis laughed. "I still wanna live a couple of many years." Winking, he stretched his arms for a moment. "Yeah, that's an idea. I've only been there once but those kids are....y'know, different. Traumatized, in a way."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back