• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventures of Prospero - OOC

And done.

About to get a power buff, or... turn into an evil thing.
Here's essentially how it works. According to Kila, a demon-human hybrid often has two gates. The magic gate which all mortals possess, and the demon gate which all demons possess. Not all demons can use magic the same way mortals can, sometimes they can only use their demonic powers. The demon gate also holds the demonic instincts. This varies from demon to demon, but the more power drawn from it the more a demon puts themselves at risk. This is applied to demon-mortal hybrids, but several times more stronger and serious.

There is also the fact that the demon gate and the magic gate are linked. This varies from person to person. Maybe they're two separate entities with little influence over each other or maybe they are one and the same. Birdsie Birdsie you determine this. Will Dante only speed up his demonic awakening or are his magic and demon gate one and the same?

A little extra. There is a way for mortals to create a demon gate within themselves. It involves using their body to seal a demon. The demon then becomes one with the person and shares the body, but is sealed off within a cage somewhere in the mind. Kind of like Naruto with the tailed beasts. This gives the person power, but the more they use this power the more the seal that keeps the demon in check weakens, so like Archdemon Archdemon said: People who made deals with demons can become the demon itself.

Also, not all demons possess a magic gate, but for demons it's often a 50 50 chance. As such, there are as many sane demons as there are wild ones.

So Birdsie Birdsie when I force this it will be up to you how linked Dante's magic and demon gates are. Maybe they will or won't trigger an awakening. Maybe he will awaken during the duel, maybe it will be a slow process full of nightmares, or maybe Kila will just have to maintain the seal. That's about it. On the other hand, demon instincts can be controlled, but this requires training. Training that Kila cannot provide, only certain people in Estari can provide this.

Does that explain everything? If so we're good to go.

Here's essentially how it works. According to Kila, a demon-human hybrid often has two gates. The magic gate which all mortals possess, and the demon gate which all demons possess. Not all demons can use magic the same way mortals can, sometimes they can only use their demonic powers. The demon gate also holds the demonic instincts. This varies from demon to demon, but the more power drawn from it the more a demon puts themselves at risk. This is applied to demon-mortal hybrids, but several times more stronger and serious.

There is also the fact that the demon gate and the magic gate are linked. This varies from person to person. Maybe they're two separate entities with little influence over each other or maybe they are one and the same. Birdsie Birdsie you determine this. Will Dante only speed up his demonic awakening or are his magic and demon gate one and the same?

A little extra. There is a way for mortals to create a demon gate within themselves. It involves using their body to seal a demon. The demon then becomes one with the person and shares the body, but is sealed off within a cage somewhere in the mind. Kind of like Naruto with the tailed beasts. This gives the person power, but the more they use this power the more the seal that keeps the demon in check weakens, so like Archdemon Archdemon said: People who made deals with demons can become the demon itself.

Also, not all demons possess a magic gate, but for demons it's often a 50 50 chance. As such, there are as many sane demons as there are wild ones.

So Birdsie Birdsie when I force this it will be up to you how linked Dante's magic and demon gates are. Maybe they will or won't trigger an awakening. Maybe he will awaken during the duel, maybe it will be a slow process full of nightmares, or maybe Kila will just have to maintain the seal. That's about it. On the other hand, demon instincts can be controlled, but this requires training. Training that Kila cannot provide, only certain people in Estari can provide this.

Does that explain everything? If so we're good to go.
That's some weird demon logic.
Demons are just supernatural beings that do magic, is what I usually say about them. Y'know, not trying to limit your creative freedom or anything, but I mostly like to leave out demons as "enigmatic, mostly malevolent spirits of great power, who's workings are difficult for mortals to comprehend. They collect souls and the sins of humans for either energy, or pleasure. Some of them are evil or vice made incarnate, others are just corrupt spirits and ghosts. All demons vary in power, but the top of their society is often considered godlike or divine. Some of them are indeed actual fallen gods."

Trying to conceptualize demons and other celestial concepts, like magic, and give them strict universal terms takes away all the fun. If anything, the most we could tell is that the mortal society has different paradigms and foundations they use. In other words, the people of one country will have beliefs that slightly differ from those of the other. Maybe the Estari people are fond of demons due to an innate resistance to the demons' negative effects, which they inherited from their homelands' soil that has these properties. This, in turn, molded their beliefs into a system that is very symbiotic with demonic entities.

And let's have it just speed up the inevitable instead of triggering it.

That's some weird demon logic.
Demons are just supernatural beings that do magic, is what I usually say about them. Y'know, not trying to limit your creative freedom or anything, but I mostly like to leave out demons as "enigmatic, mostly malevolent spirits of great power, who's workings are difficult for mortals to comprehend. They collect souls and the sins of humans for either energy, or pleasure. Some of them are evil or vice made incarnate, others are just corrupt spirits and ghosts. All demons vary in power, but the top of their society is often considered godlike or divine. Some of them are indeed actual fallen gods."

Trying to conceptualize demons and other celestial concepts, like magic, and give them strict universal terms takes away all the fun. If anything, the most we could tell is that the mortal society has different paradigms and foundations they use. In other words, the people of one country will have beliefs that slightly differ from those of the other. Maybe the Estari people are fond of demons due to an innate resistance to the demons' negative effects, which they inherited from their homelands' soil that has these properties. This, in turn, molded their beliefs into a system that is very symbiotic with demonic entities.

And let's have it just speed up the inevitable instead of triggering it.

Ok, demons don't have to be inherently evil in my mind. I already have a way to explain this for prospero, an inquisition against demons rose up and indiscriminately slaughtered them and ended up leaving the demons of prospero corrupted. Or we could explain it like this: There are Spirits and demons.

Also, who says having rules takes away the fun? Demons can be as melevolent as you want them to be. For me, to classify them as evil supernatural beings is boring as well. It doesn't give any morality to question whether demons are good, bad, neutral, or even more than what they seem. We could eliminate the gate things and just say Dante's demon side is what's being sealed if necessary and is tied to his ability to use magic. Does that sound better?

Personally I would rather not have demons as inheritly evil, but if you want them to be more mysterious. That's ok too.

Ok, demons don't have to be inherently evil in my mind. I already have a way to explain this for prospero, an inquisition against demons rose up and indiscriminately slaughtered them and ended up leaving the demons of prospero corrupted. Or we could explain it like this: There are Spirits and demons.

Also, who says having rules takes away the fun? Demons can be as melevolent as you want them to be. For me, to classify them as evil supernatural beings is boring as well. It doesn't give any morality to question whether demons are good, bad, neutral, or even more than what they seem. We could eliminate the gate things and just say Dante's demon side is what's being sealed if necessary and is tied to his ability to use magic. Does that sound better?

Personally I would rather not have demons as inheritly evil, but if you want them to be more mysterious. That's ok too.
Daimons in Ancient Greece weren't evil, but the modern term of demon mostly refers to an evil spirit.

Also, I don't see why an inquisiton would rise up against neutral spirits and turn them into evil ones. If spirits started coming to our world, it'd be hard to kill them since they're fucking spirits. Maybe exorcising them, but that still doesn't really give them a reason to be evil.

Demons aren't inherently evil. I never said that. I said most of them are.

Usually, I just pit demons as the polar opposite of angels. Just as you have Fallen Angels, who are, usually, evil in most works of fiction - you can have "risen" Demons, who are good.

Daimons in Ancient Greece weren't evil, but the modern term of demon mostly refers to an evil spirit.

Also, I don't see why an inquisiton would rise up against neutral spirits and turn them into evil ones. If spirits started coming to our world, it'd be hard to kill them since they're fucking spirits. Maybe exorcising them, but that still doesn't really give them a reason to be evil.

Demons aren't inherently evil. I never said that. I said most of them are.

Usually, I just pit demons as the polar opposite of angels. Just as you have Fallen Angels, who are, usually, evil in most works of fiction - you can have "risen" Demons, who are good.

Ok, fair enough. On that note, we can just say that opening the magic gate has risks of awakening his demon side, yeah?

Ok, fair enough. On that note, we can just say that opening the magic gate has risks of awakening his demon side, yeah?
Yeah, but it'll only speed the process up slightly.
It will go from: 1 Evil Point per Day, to 1 Evil Point per 12 hours.

Kinda a bit of filler on my end, but let's just say it's a spell encouraging the flow of magic energy.
I'll roll a d20 to see how much the opening of his gate will affect his "demonic awakening."

1-5 - Minimal difference. Practically unchanged. Dante ain't awakening anytime soon.
6-10 - Small difference. Insignificantly changed. Dante's awakening has been sped up by 30%
11-15 - Moderate difference. Slightly changed. Dante's awakening has been sped up by 60%
16-19 - Visible difference. Changed. Dante's awakening has been sped up by 90%. Expect demonic incursion by page 15.
20 - Large difference. Significantly changed. Dante's awakening imminent unless Kila can do something in time.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Archdemon Archdemon

Dante

TRAITS:
Open Gate: A permanent +50 maximum mana. Also, add the Open Gate perk and all fitting latent racial perks and other fitting perks at the GM's discretion. In this case: Changer of Ways perk, Warpsmith perk, and Demonic Attunement perk.

Perks:
Changer of Ways: +10 modifier to all rolls involving transmutation magic and other magic that involves shifting of states, up to the GM's discretion. Mana cost of these spells lowered by 30%.
Warpsmith: Allows the player to create custom spells and use them once, however, the mana cost of these spells is increased by 75% and have negative effects up to the GM's discretion.
Demonic Attunement: +10 modifier to all rolls involving fire magic, necromancy, and Lore (Forbidden) (Int) rolls, as well as destructive and evil spells up to the GM' discretion.

Seriously, we need the other characters to start getting power-ups, because Dante already entered another tier. And he's still yet to visit the dreamworld and talk to the demons there and find a mentor, or whatever.

Dante

TRAITS:
Open Gate: A permanent +50 maximum mana. Also, add the Open Gate perk and all fitting latent racial perks and other fitting perks at the GM's discretion. In this case: Changer of Ways perk, Warpsmith perk, and Demonic Attunement perk.

Perks:
Changer of Ways: +10 modifier to all rolls involving transmutation magic and other magic that involves shifting of states, up to the GM's discretion. Mana cost of these spells lowered by 30%.
Warpsmith: Allows the player to create custom spells and use them once, however, the mana cost of these spells is increased by 75% and have negative effects up to the GM's discretion.
Demonic Attunement: +10 modifier to all rolls involving fire magic, necromancy, and Lore (Forbidden) (Int) rolls, as well as destructive and evil spells up to the GM' discretion.

Seriously, we need the other characters to start getting power-ups, because Dante already entered another tier. And he's still yet to visit the dreamworld and talk to the demons there and find a mentor, or whatever.
Seriously, though, I don't know what I was expecting. I should have thought twice before the actual repercussions were before me.

Giving the gift of magic to the son of the dark god of magic...

The next step on the power-ladder is for him to awaken to his inner lucifer and may satan's will be done once he grows horns and a large, red, muscular body and starts killing the shit out of people. Go all Hiroshima on their asses.

Seriously, though, I don't know what I was expecting. I should have thought twice before the actual repercussions were before me.

Giving the gift of magic to the son of the dark god of magic...

The next step on the power-ladder is for him to awaken to his inner lucifer and may satan's will be done once he grows horns and a large, red, muscular body and starts killing the shit out of people. Go all Hiroshima on their asses.

Hmmm.... I feel like I should do kinda like a relationship thing for my character. So say if someone does something against what my character feels is right then they shall lose respect from Veril, maybe I should roll a did to see if Veril loses respect for Dante since he accepted Demon stuff.... Hmmmmmm

Hmmm.... I feel like I should do kinda like a relationship thing for my character. So say if someone does something against what my character feels is right then they shall lose respect from Veril, maybe I should roll a did to see if Veril loses respect for Dante since he accepted Demon stuff.... Hmmmmmm
You must make a 1d100 Fellowship roll.

The target value is 42, but since this is a challenging roll, you receive a -10, therefore it is 52 in the end.

Dante

TRAITS:

Perks:

After about 3 rp days, I'm planning on Arya getting a pretty good power boost, so that should help even things out a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back