• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventures in Mocon - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I've never done combat in an RP like this before, only in dice games, like D&D and White Wolf...things outside of here. This is honestly a whole new world for me in that aspect. I'm 100% willing to try and if in character development you find me lacking feel free to say so. The concept is amazing and your lore is beautifully built even for you saying its "rough" I'm just not sure I'll be able to keep up.

I've never done combat in an RP like this before, only in dice games, like D&D and White Wolf...things outside of here. This is honestly a whole new world for me in that aspect. I'm 100% willing to try and if in character development you find me lacking feel free to say so. The concept is amazing and your lore is beautifully built even for you saying its "rough" I'm just not sure I'll be able to keep up.
In my opinion, the combat rules aren't as tough as they are in D&D. It's really mostly just writing exercise and I may even play a bit loose with them. I mostly have them there to call back on if needed - I don't want people taking down a tough enemy in one post generally. Does that make sense?

And if I'm misunderstanding what you mean, I apologise

In my opinion, the combat rules aren't as tough as they are in D&D. It's really mostly just writing exercise and I may even play a bit loose with them. I mostly have them there to call back on if needed - I don't want people taking down a tough enemy in one post generally. Does that make sense?

And if I'm misunderstanding what you mean, I apologise

No, no not at all. I appreciate you not being dismissive! I think I just find myself lacking sometimes to be honest. After coming back to this after so long I think I just may be doubting myself. But with you being so helpful I'm willing to give it a shot. Like I said before if you find me lacking and have constructive criticism or simply don't think I'm a good fit. We can go from there ^_^

No, no not at all. I appreciate you not being dismissive! I think I just find myself lacking sometimes to be honest. After coming back to this after so long I think I just may be doubting myself. But with you being so helpful I'm willing to give it a shot. Like I said before if you find me lacking and have constructive criticism or simply don't think I'm a good fit. We can go from there ^_^
Don't worry too much! I get doubting yourself, I really do (totally not suffering from it at the moment, nooooo) but I wouldn't feel right dismissing you before I even hear your concept :)

Besides, I'd love to help you if you need it! Any questions you have I'll try to answer, and I do love chatting.

That said I'm also lacking in many points, like lore building xD

oh god there's a character up things are getting real now i need to really decide who to play

I had a wood-elf/human hybrid in mind hahaha. But that's okay. I think I'm going to go full human. But her abilities with Wild Magia got her shunned by her family and community so she took her abilities into the forest, living just outside the Elven nation, with the animals who have always seemed to understand her more than her own people.

I had a wood-elf/human hybrid in mind hahaha. But that's okay. I think I'm going to go full human. But her abilities with Wild Magia got her shunned by her family and community so she took her abilities into the forest, living just outside the Elven nation, with the animals who have always seemed to understand her more than her own people.
You could still be a hybrid if you wanted! Though I have to ask why her magia would get her shunned, do you think?

I was thinking something along the lines of religion. Since the humans are more based in technology certain humans might view the gods as like God v. Devil Teknik being God and Magia being the Devil. While most humans have adapted to the religion of the Realm accepting both gods as good. Her family believed in the old ways. Something to that effect.

I was thinking something along the lines of religion. Since the humans are more based in technology certain humans might view the gods as like God v. Devil Teknik being God and Magia being the Devil. While most humans have adapted to the religion of the Realm accepting both gods as good. Her family believed in the old ways. Something to that effect.
Huh, that's not something I was thinking of. Interesting...

Is that okay? If you don't like the separation of the gods for anyone that's definitely okay and I can work with something else!

Bloody Christ. I take one day off for learning how to do a cappella on Zoom and fighting off aliens from Venus, and suddenly all this has happened.

Is that okay? If you don't like the separation of the gods for anyone that's definitely okay and I can work with something else!
I like the idea but I'm also not sure, since they are themselves a wedded couple. I'm just not sure and may not be in the best place to answer right now ><

Of course, if you have any thoughts on why it makes sense or so I'll listen.

Bloody Christ. I take one day off for learning how to do a cappella on Zoom and fighting off aliens from Venus, and suddenly all this has happened.
Ah, I'm sorry ><

Of course, if you have any thoughts on why it makes sense or so I'll listen.

I just thought since they came on ships of their own and they were new to this region that maybe they were more focused on Teknik, since their Magia pool is so small any humans born with magia would be almost anomalies instead of being considered chosen or blessed. It was just an idea and I'm more than happy to change it. The character I had in mind also would've had some sort of physical anomaly, maybe her hair being off-colored or her eyes, maybe being born with a birthmark that was shaped oddly or covered a portion of her face. Something visually marking her as different. So instead of going with the religious aspect of her shunning I can base it more around her birth "defect." if you prefer.

Maskruelty Maskruelty

The idea I was trying to get across in the lore is that every being of every race is born with a magia pool, so anyone can learn to use magia but they need to actually pursue that, which Lei didn't. That and the pool size is basically how much you can do before becoming exhausted in terms of magia.

So the magia being an anomaly doesn't make as much sense to me. But if you want to do the physical anomaly where the family doesn't like the birthmark or something, I don't seen an issue with that. People can be like that.

Maskruelty Maskruelty

The idea I was trying to get across in the lore is that every being of every race is born with a magia pool, so anyone can learn to use magia but they need to actually pursue that, which Lei didn't. That and the pool size is basically how much you can do before becoming exhausted in terms of magia.

So the magia being an anomaly doesn't make as much sense to me. But if you want to do the physical anomaly where the family doesn't like the birthmark or something, I don't seen an issue with that. People can be like that.

Oh! That's my misunderstanding. I was thinking the pool was the amount of individuals in a particular race that were able to work with magia. I didn't understand. So then yes, I will definitely explore more in the way of a birthmark or other physical anomaly. So. the pool size is more like....manna I guess? Just so I make sure I understand. And if that's the case, what are the limitations with the humans lower pool?

Oh! That's my misunderstanding. I was thinking the pool was the amount of individuals in a particular race that were able to work with magia. I didn't understand. So then yes, I will definitely explore more in the way of a birthmark or other physical anomaly. So. the pool size is more like....manna I guess? Just so I make sure I understand. And if that's the case, what are the limitations with the humans lower pool?
In video game terms, the Magia pool is an individual's MP, Mana, whatever. The larger the pool an individual has, the more they can do in a day. Larger, more complex effects drain more than smaller and simpler effects.

It's also a skill that needs to be trained. If you don't use magia much, then you can do less with the same amount of magia than someone in current practice. Like stamina.

So since Lei never put much time into learning her magia (which in this case, she has wild magia) she can't do much with it, both because she doesn't know how and because she doesn't have the stamina. She could like, start a campfire and maybe cause some wind blades with swinging her wrench, but not much else even tho she is half-elf.

Does that make sense/help a bit?

Yes, it most definitely does. Like, while my character would have a lower "stamina" originally, because of the fact she was shunned and took to loving on her own in the woods near the Elven nation and decided to hone in on her (I also chose) Wild Magia she would have better skill than Lei in that aspect.

I think I'm on the same page now.

I've chosen my faceclaim, and I think I have some of her bio worked out. I'll finish mine up tomorrow sometime w!!!hen my kid isn't being a hoodlum! Thanks for your help MythyDW MythyDW !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back