• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Adventures in Mocon - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
Posting RulesCombat Rules
\\ Once per week minimum, possibility for more preferred // \\ At least one paragraph, 3-5 sentences minimum in most cases // \\ Do not make pages upon pages of interaction between two characters// \\ Combat will be handled per-round, with some weaker enemies able to be killed outright in a player's post, while most stronger will require strikes // \\ Strikes will be attempts outlined in a player's post where the effect will be seen in the GM post // \\ Finishers will be handed to one player, and it is theirs to execute or to give to another player //
OOC Rules
\\ Keep it respectful - if there are disagreements, please handle them civilly //
\\ Please refrain from discussions including IRL politics, religion, and other hot-topics //
\\ Follow RPN rules, of course //
\\ Have fun, but try not to detract from others fun! //
\\ Please PM me your character sheet for approval when you join //​

Currently catching up on some of the discussion in the interest check.

That's fair, that's fair. I'm working on the lore, sometimes slowly. It won't be a novel though...

It's easier to skimp on details than it is to retcon! Have you thought about what kind of characters you'd like to see from us players?

It's easier to skimp on details than it is to retcon! Have you thought about what kind of characters you'd like to see from us players?
Yeah, so far thinking adventurer-typed, younger ages with a desire to explore, etc. Likely with some amount of skill in some form. Plot idea so far is we all end up hired for some job (or joining together to adventure in old ruins left that predate the elves that never seem the same (read: roguelike). Something like that?

So far, I was going to be a half-elven mechanic with little penchant for Magia but skilled at fixing things with an automata companion built from a scavenged cortex and a body she made herself (it'll get some upgrades as time goes on) and then Sir Monsieur Sir Monsieur was going to be her half-orc romantic partner who was her roommate in an academy of some kind, also an engineer-type.

I like your plot hook! I was thinking perhaps some snooty noble scholar, but I wanted to wait and see your character sheet before I got any further than a basic idea.

This looks like an interesting Rp idea. Perhaps I'll make some aggressive orc to antagonize the posh society!

What are your thoughts about the roguelike dungeons?
I don't have much experience with dungeons, honestly. For all my RP experience, it's mostly been slice-of-life stuff. But it SOUNDS cool, and I'm curious to see what might be up your sleeve.

This looks like an interesting Rp idea. Perhaps I'll make some aggressive orc to antagonize the posh society!
Sounds like a bandit to me. No one is really aggressive towards society as a whole other than that kind of person.

Bandit, disgruntled lower-caste, it all depends on the needed characters.

Could also just make an extremely antisocial Orcish or Dwarven savant that "CAN'T CATCH A BREAK BECAUSE YOU IDIOTS WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"JOB IS REQUIRED FOR MONEY. MONEY IS REQUIRED FOR FOOD. FOOD IS REQUIRED TO STAY ALIVE. NEED LIFE TO KEEP WORKING."

MythyDW MythyDW Out of curiosity, can runesmithing be applied to fabric? Weaving, knitting, lace-making, etc - runes can be etched onto metal and wood surfaces for airships and guns and automatons, but what about woven into the pattern of a soldier's gambeson, or embroidered into the edge of an airship's sail?

MythyDW MythyDW Out of curiosity, can runesmithing be applied to fabric? Weaving, knitting, lace-making, etc - runes can be etched onto metal and wood surfaces for airships and guns and automatons, but what about woven into the pattern of a soldier's gambeson, or embroidered into the edge of an airship's sail?
It's not a bad idea, I quite like it. But I do feel like they haven't advanced it that far yet.

Also, lore is up now! I know it's not a lot but I am struggling today and I hope that it's at least enough to give a starting point for now.

I love all of this! I can only imagine how beautiful these settings and the playthrough is going to be. Unfortunately I'm new coming back into the Realm of RP and I'm afraid that I wont be able to keep up with the dynamics of this particular one. I would love to keep lurking though if you'll allow it!

I love all of this! I can only imagine how beautiful these settings and the playthrough is going to be. Unfortunately I'm new coming back into the Realm of RP and I'm afraid that I wont be able to keep up with the dynamics of this particular one. I would love to keep lurking though if you'll allow it!
I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. What dynamics can you not keep up with? if there's something I can do to help, I can try my best.

Also, the character thread is up for everyone! Would love to know what you guys think of the lore, Lei, etc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back