• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Adventure awaits!

Siren77

Bored Ancient
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls! Children of all ages! Outcasts! Freaks! Mistakes and Prophesies!

I am Siren, your host this fine day/night or whatever fucking time it is for you, and I welcome you to this humble little thread of mine!

So, I’ve been out of the game for quite some time, but I’m back with a burning vengeance to start writing again! And along with me I’ve brought some new plots, fresh from the bowls of he- erm I mean, my brain!

But before we get into that, first let me give you some details about little ole me and what I’m looking for in a partner!

-I’m 19
-I’m a Male, and I play Male characters.
-I reside in the Mountain Standard Time Zone.
-I strictly write in the third person, and expect the same from you
-I am open to just about any subject matter in a plot so long as it aligns with RPN’s rules. If there’s something that’s a big no no for you, let me know and I’ll abstain from it!
-My replies can be pretty consistent, I’ll typically reply atleast once a day if not more! As for you, reply when you feel comfortable and ready! The last thing I want is for this to be a chore to you!
-I can typically write anywhere from 3-5 paragraphs, maybe even more or less. It depends on the situation in the story, as with more dialogue heavy segments, the replies can and will be shorter whereas with more action it’ll be much longer. I expect post length to at the very least be mirrored, unless a far shorter post is again warranted.
-In terms of grammar and errors therein, I am not a big stickler about it. HOWEVER, if it’s to the point that I have a difficult time reading your post then we have an issue.
-I enjoy music and I love using it in my posts to add a little spice to the storytelling. If this is a problem for you then do let me know and I’ll refrain.
-Please, for the love of fuck, no Mary Sues in regards to the characters you play. I love character development and it’s a damn shame when there’s never any room for improvement or growth.
-While I enjoy romance in my plots, it is not the centerpiece. I expect it to build naturally and act as a side plot in the story. As well as this, I only do parings of MxF
-I LIVE for angst just as much as the fluffy and wholesome good stuff. As much as I enjoy perfect and happy endings, I want conflict and contention along the way. Darker themes are welcome, though they must fit the plot and actually have a cause.
-OOC I enjoy talking to people! Chatting and scheming are all too welcome! But if conversation isn’t your shtick, then I’ll leave you be! If that’s not the case, memes, funny videos, music, and any other shared media PLEASE SHARE and I will gladly do the same in return! I enjoy drawing and could potentially make art for our plot if I’m feeling it!
-If and when the time comes that you grow bored of the plot, let me know! I hate being ghosted and I’ll do my best to give you the same courtesy!
-I require you to tell me your favorite band if and when you message me, I need new music xD

Well, I think that about covers it! If you have any questions feel free to ask. NOW, on to the good shit!

Evolution has shown to be an ally to many species over the years. Yet none have benefited as greatly as the human race. Over the course of many millennia, we as a civilization have evolved and prospered to an utmost maximum potential. We possess the capabilities that no other creation that we know of ever will. And thus it is that we have earned our place as the dominant sect of life.

But the wheel never stops turning, does it? No, we continue to grow and change regardless of how prime our genetics might be. There will always be new adversity, and there will always be those that rise above the rest in the process of time.

Enter the Adepts. An ascended string of humanity that have naturally been birthed with unnatural abilities, allowing them to take humanity to its next stage of progress. The changes in abilities weren’t too stark of a contrast at first, but in time the power of later generations of adepts would rise to new heights. Bending the elements of the world to their will, this overwhelming power they’d inherit would consume their minds and drive them to a madness unseen before that fateful day.

A group of the most deadly adepts ever seen would soon rise up, with a plot to disassemble the modern conventions we humans had grown so used to. No longer would the equality we had perpetuated for so long remain. They believed themselves to be an entirely new species, one that was destined to rule over the rest. These Adepts believed themselves to be godly in nature, and so it was that they would unleash a conquest upon the world to lay claim to its lands. The war against the Gods would rage for no more than a year, with the combined forces of humanity posing little threat against them as they continued to advance their empires. Day by day, they would slaughter all that stood in their path, until the earth in its entirety did bend its will to the Gods of the New World.

With their quest for power completed, they would begin the next phase of their plans. Any and all Adepts would be gathered, and en masse they were executed. Men, women, children, and infants alike. None would be spared from their wrath. For impure bloodlines and threats of rebellion would not be tolerated. Only the Gods would remain, and only their own offspring would be allowed to survive.

For decades, the Adepts would rule over humanity, allowing them to thrive as they had before so long as they fall in line with their will. Newborns would continue to be slaughtered if found to be adepts, and this vicious cycle would continue. That is, until the humans themselves began plotting against the overlords they’d been enslaved to.

To the south, beneath the large continent of Antarctica, miles below the earths surface, a facility was constructed that would sow the seeds of a plot to free the world of these tyrants grasp. Any and all adepts they could find and save from The Watch, the Militia serving the Adepts, would be taken to this facility. Here, they would be given a chance to be raised and fulfill a life that many of their kind had been denied. Educated and trained under the faculty living with them, these youth would prepare to engage as humanities last hope of prosperity.

Project Deicide is the dream of killing these so called Gods, and freeing the world from their grasp once and for all. But a dream it just might remain forever. The Watch are coming, and soon as fate would have it. Only two of these Adepts would escape. Can they fulfill the scheme set in motion by those that had saved their lives? Or will they too be slaughtered all the same?
呪われて追放された

A lone Ronin wanders the southern domain of the Japan, during the height of its Ancient Empire. Stories have been told that this warrior cannot die, having been cursed to suffer a thousand deaths over the course of their lifetime. From village to village they wander, seeking out work wherever they can find it. But they find no fulfillment within, as their soul truly yearns for the answers to their exile. The cure to the curse that has plagued them for years.

狩り

The answers they seek lie not within the mortal realm, but within that of the spirit world. Unseen to him, he is hunted by eight sacred beings known as the Heads of Orochi. Four serve as the masters of the key earthly elements, that being Air, Fire, Water, and Earth. The other Four guard the key spiritual elements, Life, Death, Aether (Light), and Void (Dark). If these eight spirits can be felled, his soul will be freed. But if they each in return are given a chance to kill him, his soul will be destroyed, and his life severed from time itself. It’ll be as if he had never existed.

While they can challenge the former four alone, the latter half cannot be challenged without aid. A master of the divine arts is required help free him in this foolish endeavor. But such holy men/women are few and far between, as mastering this craft takes years. Even if he can find one, what are the odds they might help him?

(Alright I know this ones a bit of a ramble, so I’ll quickly explain. My character Iroh, for one reason or another, has been cursed to live as an immortal similar to Cain from the Bible. He’s damned to die over and over again until the Heads of Orochi all kill him as well. During the course of his travels, he’ll encounter a Priest/Priestess that knows of his curse and is willing to help him. It could very well be a two sided deal, with the Ronin helping them in return. I’m not sure if I’d have him understand that he’s being hunted, or that he requires the aid of another, but that can easily be discussed! Now this doesn’t have to be the sole focus of the plot, as we can easily throw more in. But on the adventure of our two characters, they’ll encounter creatures and machines of both the spiritual and physical realms in a sort of Dark Souls type situation. Sorry I know this ones kind of a mess and if I need to clarify something please let me know.)
“Please, I can’t lose him but I don’t know what I can do to save our marriage anymore.”

A woman was knelt down in pure humility, before a dark presence that stood before her. They took the appearance of a young man, with Crimson red eyes piercing through the darkness, with all else hidden in the darkness of the woman’s home. His eyes were most unkind, and it was obvious he was sneering before her as she sniveled and whined to him.

As she continued to weep, the Demon let off an irritated sigh as he rubbed the crease of his nose.

“This is a difficult thing you are daring to ask of me mortal. Human emotions are a fickle thing that even I have limitations against. As much as I’d love to fix your husbands heart, take your Soul, and be on my merry way. I can’t even guarantee that this is possible, even for me.”

She looked up with more and more tears brimming in her eyes as a look of pure desperation came upon her face.

“But, the legends! They tell of people falling in Love all the time due to a sacrifice of the Soul!”

The man growled, “Let me ask you one question. What’s the main reason most “Good Christian” men like your husband get married?”

The woman was stunned, so the demon moved on.

“Because they want to finally get down and dirty, due to your faith preaching against sex before marriage. More often than not, proposals and marriages are often backed behind LUST. Not love. And lust falls into our category of expertise. We can make love be just as real and temporary as any average marriage. But having your husband truly love you again, that takes something that no mere magic can work.”

“Please...”

The Demon turned away, but took a peek back once last time, a single crimson eye gazing into the woman’s soul.

“I will return later. I need to think about this before I make any attempts. Should I find a way, our deal will be set. But if not, I strongly consider letting go before you get yourself her more than you already are.”

In a flash of flames and embers, the Demon disappeared, leaving the woman to sob and wail as Hope began to slip from her fingers.
—————

Siren Jaeger appeared once more in his humble abode, a secluded cabin housed deep within the confines of the Yellowstone forests. It had aged quite well, considering how long ago he’d built it. Not that it mattered.

It was a small one room establishment, competed with a table, a few chairs, a recliner, and even a brick fireplace. And of course his own personal bed tucked away in one of the corners.

Grumbling to himself, the Demon walked over to the recliner before slumping in its comfortable seat, resting his head in the palm of his right hand.

It didn’t matter how he looked at it, there was no power in all the levels of hell that could manipulate mankind’s emotions in such a way. Not without himself paying a price on the process, and one soul was not worth that much to him.

But.... perhaps he might be able to look outside hells confines. Maybe, just maybe, there’d be someone who could help him.

The Angels? Fuck no, they’d sooner take his head and destroy him for all time.

The spirit realm? Nah. They weren’t exactly lively even in their own emotions.

What of.... a God?

Yes, surely one of the ascended beings of this world could help him if they so wished to. After all, within the ancient records of history there was just as many if not more Gods making deals with desperate and foolish mortals as there were Demons. He’d just need to find the right one, one that could be summoned as well as bartered with.

It’d be a simple three way trade. He’d simply see what they would want in exchange for this favor, which then helped the mortal, in turn helping him. It was a win win for him, barring he could meet whatever they demanded. If not, he’d simply refuse and carry on with his life. It didn’t really effect him all that much of the woman suffered. All to gain and nothing to lose.

Sitting up straight, Siren snapped his fingers and conjured a book from within a brief but bright red flame.

He wasn’t well versed on the Gods, given they had no jurisdiction over him. But for once he was willing to learn. Hopefully it wouldn’t take too long, after all, there had to be one who could meet his needs...

(So this one is fairly open in terms of events. It can be primarily romance based, or take on some action/adventure elements as well. It’s open to a broad discussion so feel free to bring your ideas!)

Alright I think that’s just about it for right now! Hopefully one of these plots caught your fancy. But if not, perhaps bring some plots of your own! I’m open to all sorts of discussions so feel free to drop in!

Have a wonderful day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back