• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Abyssals - Dark Future - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Their mirror to Immunity to Everything Technique explicitly said that they can be if they want to if I recall correctly.

Their mirror to Immunity to Everything Technique explicitly said that they can be if they want to if I recall correctly.
Foind it

PLAGUE KNOWS ITS MASTER
Cost: 6m, 1wp; Mins: Resistance 5, Essence 3;
Type: Simple (Speed 4)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Mirror (Immunity to Everything
Technique; Exalted, p. 208)
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Any Resistance Excellency
Although their Exaltation protects them from non-magical diseases, magical ailments or poison can still fell Abyssals. Not so for those who wield this Charm. Unlike its Solar Mirror, this Charm may either block Sickness effects or render the Abyssal immune to their negative effects, as selected by the Exalt’s player. Choosing the latter helps the deathknight catch and spread plagues without risk to herself. This Charm always negates poison completely.

If I can trade one of my charms for a resistance Excellency, and my replacement charm for that.

We could do a lot of damage.

Though, we could do equally as much damage by other means of carrying it in.

I'm not really familiar with Alchemicals but I know enough to know, Solar-tier Exalts could do a lot, good or bad, to Autochthonia.

The metaphysics of creating a Shadowland in Autochthonia is fascinating - as far as I know Autochthonia had no Underworld to weaken the barrier between. So when the gate was opened and Autochthonia was reconnected to Creation, did the Underworld extend itself 'under' Autochthonia as well? Is the Autochthonian Underworld connected to Creation's Underworld? Maybe there's an Underworld mirror of the gate in Creation. That just might be the most valuable real estate in the Underworld now.

Does Autochthonia have a Loom in 2e? One of my Stealth Charms is about stepping Outside Fate, but I wonder if all of Autochthonia isn't already Outside Fate.

Unless Psychie is doing something different, Autochthon has his own version of the Loom of Fate, so it should already be outside fate.

The easy method would just be to generate a bunch of resonance by pissing off the Neverborn then venting it in Autochthonia.

In a round about way, yes. Short term no, long term yes. The pros outweigh the cons in my mind.

Whatever works. Bring contagion. Bring death.

A bigger question though. How easy will it be to regain essence? Would we be suffering the same effects as creation? Or would being inside a primordial let us recover normally. And would it's people feed us as normal

The metaphysics of creating a Shadowland in Autochthonia is fascinating - as far as I know Autochthonia had no Underworld to weaken the barrier between. So when the gate was opened and Autochthonia was reconnected to Creation, did the Underworld extend itself 'under' Autochthonia as well? Is the Autochthonian Underworld connected to Creation's Underworld? Maybe there's an Underworld mirror of the gate in Creation. That just might be the most valuable real estate in the Underworld now.

Does Autochthonia have a Loom in 2e? One of my Stealth Charms is about stepping Outside Fate, but I wonder if all of Autochthonia isn't already Outside Fate.
I'll just say that you can find out for yourselves, if you play your cards right.

I do, but I wanted to give the others a chance to post. I can go ahead and chime in soon though.

Psychie Psychie I have a 1 point specialty in my Awareness for Spotting Concealment. Would that come into play for our Perception roll? I might be able to get another success if I'm lucky.

Cool. Rolling now.

Eh, no luck this time. It was worth a try.

Have a question boss lady! Psychie Psychie

RIGHTEOUS DEVIL FORM
Cost: 5m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2;
Type: Simple (Speed 3)
Keywords: Compulsion, Form-type, Obvious
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Blessing of Righteous Solar Spark
Meditation, Cloud of Ebon Devils
Creation itself seems to hold its breath when the martial artist cloaks himself in the majestic and terrible stillness of the Righteous Devil Form. He exerts an inescapable gravity and a withering unease that sends the innocent scurrying away and calls the unjust to reap the consequences of their deeds. When a Righteous Devil activates this Charm, all extras who lay eyes on him move swiftly for cover, pulling other innocent bystanders along with them and bolting doors or windows behind them.

At the same time, the martial artist can compel chosen people to confront him. The compulsion has a radius equal to (the Righteous Devil’s Essence x 10) yards and is an unnatural mental infl uence. Even spending Willpower points won’t hold it at bay for long. The martial artist’s target must spend one Willpower each action to resist the Righteous Devil’s dreadful gravity. Otherwise, the target must walk out and confront the Righteous Devil face to face. The effect ends for the rest of the scene once a target makes eye contact and spends one subsequent action in combat or parley with the Exalt. The Righteous Devil can designate as many opponents as he has dots of Essence as “targets” for this Charm’s purposes, but he must do so the moment he activates the Charm.
If I read it correctly. This form basically ends once my eyes meet my target and we start fighting.

Making it relatively useless in general combat, and more tuned for utilitarian purposes. Which I could certainly have fun with in certain cases. So I don't mind.

However, the issue comes about regarding this.

PRECISION OF FORM GEMSTONE (MANSE •••)
This brilliantly iridescent, egg-shaped opal reduces the Essence cost to use all Martial Arts Charms of a particular style by 2 motes after the character activates that style’s Form-type Charm. This effect cannot reduce the mote cost of a Charm to less than half its original value. The bearer also cannot activate any Charms of another martial arts style until she abandons the Form she has already chosen. A character could abandon one Form, however, and then activate the Form-type Charm of another martial arts style, gaining the mote discount for all Charms of that style.
According to this, it only works when my form charm is active. But once my form charm is active it will either end quickly or be mostly out of combat.

Not quite sure what to do. Should I get a new hearthstone instead?

Ah, 'the effect' in this case is the UMI, not the Charm itself. The Charm is still scene-long. For each person you nominate, the UMI ends when they lock eyes with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back