• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Abyssals - Dark Future - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
So I noticed I was the only one that took the Underworld Manse background instead of regular manse. I'd almost missed it myself when I first read it.

Sherwood Sherwood D. Rex D. Rex Random Word Random Word if there isn't a need to have personal ownership of the manse itself, I'd recommend taking Underworld manse for the plethora of extra hearthstones you can get access to.

Ah, but sadly Underworld Manses are a trap, depending on the campaign setting. Their hearthstones turn to useless rocks while outside the Underworld. We all bought regular Manse on the assumption a (possibly large) part of the campaign would be spent in Creation, where we still wanted our hearthstones to work.

Of course I certainly wouldn't object to a house rule removing that weird and seemingly mean-spirited restriction.

Ah, I see that now. That's pretty lame. I'll have to make some revisions myself then.

You can, if you wish, have a combination of Underworld Manse and the regular Manse Background.

I mostly went with normal manse so my hearthstone wasn't under the claim of the Deathlord.

On the Awareness charm "Void Stares Back" it mentions something called the taint.

The Taint drawback to this Charm is that the Abyssal’s eyes become painfully sensitive to direct sunlight within Creation, imposing a -1 internal penalty to all non-reflexive actions while so illuminated unless he closes his eyes completely. His eyes also immediately betray his supernatural nature if he cannot somehow hide their stain. The Taint costs one bonus point or two experience points.

What's this about the taint and cost? Is it like a cost to get rid of the secondary ill effects?

I believe that will be described in the front of the Charms section with the new Keywords. I'll look.

Taint: This keyword allows Abyssals to make a Charm’s
effect permanent, enabling her to use it without further
expended or committed costs. This is not done lightly,
however, as the transformation is irreversible and such
Charms always carry some kind of drawback. Therefore,
for every persistent advantage gained with this keyword,
an Abyssal also bears a new curse to compound the doom
of his Dark Fate.
Turning a Charm into a permanent Taint also costs
bonus points or experience points. The sample costs
are based on comparison with Wyld mutations (see
The Compass of Celestial Directions, Vol. II—The
Wyld, p. 144). The more extreme (or useful) the effect
of making a Charm permanent is the more points
doing so costs.

Taint: This keyword allows Abyssals to make a Charm’s
effect permanent, enabling her to use it without further
expended or committed costs. This is not done lightly,
however, as the transformation is irreversible and such
Charms always carry some kind of drawback. Therefore,
for every persistent advantage gained with this keyword,
an Abyssal also bears a new curse to compound the doom
of his Dark Fate.
Turning a Charm into a permanent Taint also costs
bonus points or experience points. The sample costs
are based on comparison with Wyld mutations (see
The Compass of Celestial Directions, Vol. II—The
Wyld, p. 144). The more extreme (or useful) the effect
of making a Charm permanent is the more points
doing so costs.
Oooh cool. So I'd basically get permenant darkvision at the cost of getting a penalty in daylight. I kinda like that mechanic.

I have a charm that has the Holy keyword on it.

Obviously Abyssals arent holy. Would I not be able to get the charm? Or would the keyword be inverted to unholy, via neverborn, or ignored altogether?

Correct. It's the Blessing of Righteous Solar Spark Meditation. Of which is needed 5o get the form charm.

Some quick google-fu yielded this thread where a developer weighed in on the question if that helps.

Interesting. That does shed some very good light on the matter.

Psychie Psychie
Would I be able to skip the charm in the tree to my MA form that has Holy as a keyword? And just pick something else instead?

Interesting. That does shed some very good light on the matter.

Psychie Psychie
Would I be able to skip the charm in the tree to my MA form that has Holy as a keyword? And just pick something else instead?
After much pondering, I will let you skip that Charm. I don't see it making that big of a deal.

After much pondering, I will let you skip that Charm. I don't see it making that big of a deal.
Thankies. It is much appreciated.

I switched it out for an Abyssals resitance charm from the scroll of exalts. Wound eating invulnerability. It upgrades spirit hardened frame to give me a hardness of (essence+5) and let's me spend to keep it scene long. It probably won't do me much good, having armor, but it is a prerequisite for the abyssal version of adamant skin Technique.

I figure since I might not be in a position to use my DV much, I should at least stock up on tank charms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back