• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Abyssals - Dark Future - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Looks like they are headed toward Gem. Do we want to follow them to Gem or checkout the place they came from?" Zakas raises a hand to his chin. "...Or... Are we willing to split up and get eyes on both?"

Whisper shakes her head. "No, I think we should stick together. With the unknowns of their capabilities, it would be folly to get caught in smaller numbers. Let us continue on past them and go see to the main body of their soldiers. I want to see their troops in a large body, and try to catch a glimpse of one of the Exalted in their numbers."

Epiphany engages in an angry staring contest with the sun, convinced that if she glares at it hard enough it will retreat from the sky. She is unlikely to notice anything.

As Whisper looks around, you catch a glimpse of sunlight on metal, and a second look shows that there is a force of men hiding on another part of the ridge, obviously in position to ambush the column of Autochthonian troops. From where you are, you think that they are from the city of Gem.

You can either do nothing and see how they respond to the attack, you can join in the strike against the Autochthonians, or you can warn the invaders that they are about to be attacked. What do you do?

"I kind of want to shadow walk behind the ambushers and kick one of them off that cliff to force the confrontation, but if I do we might not get the goodwill points with the metalheads..." Zakas thinks while whispering aloud, then smirks. "Still... should I do it anyway? I might not get another chance like this if we wait too long."

Whisper looks carefully to try and get an idea of the size of the ambush force.

"Depending on the size of the ambushers, we could use this as an opportunity to get into the good side of these Autochthonians."

4 successes.

Psychie Psychie
How far away are they? Are they within 600 yards? If so, I can snipe with 4 explosive necro balls.
The ambush force from Gem is only 200 yards away from you, so they are well within range of your weapon.
Whisper looks carefully to try and get an idea of the size of the ambush force.

"Depending on the size of the ambushers, we could use this as an opportunity to get into the good side of these Autochthonians."

4 successes.
The ambush force looks to be about three times the size of the Autochthonian force, which means they have about sixty soldiers not counting the three machines that they have. From here, you don't see any weapons with the ambush force that looks like it is big enough to crack the armor of the two rolling war machines, but there may be a hidden weapon somewhere.

Whisper shares what she sees, and says, "The foot soldiers of the invaders are probably going to be cut down hard by the surprise attack, but I don't know if they have any weapons that can damage those rolling things. Either way, I say we move out and spring the trap ourselves and help out the Autochthonians. We might then be on the right path to getting our special gifts delivered."

Epiphany nods, gives the sun one final glare to indicate that while it may have won this round, one battle does not win the war, then slips between the strands of fate to make her way quickly and carefully to a position from which she can ambush the would-be ambushers.

"Don't mind if I do." The day caste says with a smile. Zakas raises his gaze to spot shadowed areas, both nearby to the circle and near to the ambushers. "I can take one with me, other than that, good luck." Once the decision was made, the Day caste sunk into a writhing rift of darkness and transported himself behind the ambushers' line. He stepped confidently, letting the sound of his movement blend with the ruckus of the Autochthonian caravan. Now that he was upon his target, he took his foot and shoved the nearest infantryman as hard as he could to get him to seemingly leap into the abyss below. Zakas said a silent prayer hoping to be blessed with the glorious echoes of fearful wailing to foretell the man's unenviable fate. Let his cries call out the death of these wretches this day!

Judge shook his head. He would stay here. The enemies were in well enough range that he could do as much here as he could there.

As his hand drifted down to the large fire arm on his hip. Fingers tickling it, ready to draw it in a flash. His eyes scanned the ambushes. Trying to search out leaders among them for which to pick off.

Whisper steps out of the shadows with her Glaive in her hands and a smile on her face. Anytime that she can deliver death to some hapless mortals is a good day, and this is going to be even better thanks to the Autochthonians and the wonderful gifts that they have in store for them.

Raising her dear husband high up into the air, she focuses her Essence inwards, feeling the burning energy flowing through her. Tendons begin to bulge out as her muscles are strengthened and her grip on the haft of her Glaive grows even stronger. With a blazing anima and blood flowing down her face, Whisper lets out a powerful scream as she bursts out of hiding to ravage the ambushing troops.
Spending 12m on Corpse-Might Surge to raise my Strength by 4, and 20m 1wp on Infinite Melee Mastery, all from Peripheral Essence.

Rolling Join Battle - 4 successes

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Essence: 4
Personal: 18
Peripheral: 43 / 3
Committed: 12
Willpower: 6 / 5

Join Battle: 7

Dodge DV: 5
Parry DV: 9 (+4 after first attack with the Glaive)

Natural Soak: +2L/+3B
Total Soak: +14L/+15B

Movement
Move: 5 yards per tick (9 yards with Obsidian Sheath)
Dash: 11 yards per tick (19 yards with Obsidian Sheath)

Soulsteel Third Hand Glaive
Speed 4 (3 with hearthstone), Accuracy +6, Damage +8L, Defense +4, Rate 2, Attune 5
Soulsteel weapons drains a number of motes of Essence equal to the wielder's Permanent Essence whenever it strikes a target and inflicts at least one health level of damage.

Obsidian Sheath Armor
Soak: +12L/+12B, Hardness +6L/+6B, Mobility 0, Fatigue 0, Attune 7

Epiphany waits patiently as Whisper makes a dramatic entrance stage right, slipping around backstage to quietly enter stage left.

Zakas flicks his arm to the side, releasing his daiklave from one of the ensorcelled pockets up his sleeve. With a slow rotation of the wrist, he whipped the blade about in a circle to loosen up for a fight. "If any of you thought you were getting home alive before, allow us to dispel that illusion..."

[Rolling Join Battle, 3 successes]

With D. Rex D. Rex being a bit tied up, we'll move on and he can be overwatch as you guys engage.

Sherwood Sherwood is up with Whisper

0 - Whisper <====
1 - Zakas
2 -
3 -
4 - Epiphany
5 -
6 - Ambush Force

Users who are viewing this thread

Back