• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Abyssals 2.5 - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I have a working version of my martial artist done and posted. I am still pondering the necromancer idea, but I'm leaning more towards the character that I have up at the moment.

Any tips for boosting appearance? I remember it being a crucial stat for social characters, and also (being told) that it is relatively easy to boost through charms/hearthstones/artifacts, at least compared to charisma or manipulation

I'm now in the middle of making a melee-focused character. I just can't stop myself. Lol Most of my backstory would be the same; I'd just have to tweak it a touch.

Psychie Psychie would you ok a version of the Third Hand Glaive but as a scythe?

Any tips for boosting appearance? I remember it being a crucial stat for social characters, and also (being told) that it is relatively easy to boost through charms/hearthstones/artifacts, at least compared to charisma or manipulation
The Infinite Resplendent Amulet that I have has an option for you to be able to raise your appearance by four. Psychie already ok'ed a version of it using soulsteel as a component. That is one way you can get a good boost.

I would go the daybreak caste sorcerer route but I am already playing a solar twilight sorceress in the other game, which is basically the same. I really want to play something else here.

I am thinking of making my character, whatever they may end up being, an archer.

Will the campaign take place primarily in Creation (dealing with the invasion?) Or primarily in the Underworld (seeing the invasion's effect on it)? Bit of both?

Will the campaign take place primarily in Creation (dealing with the invasion?) Or primarily in the Underworld (seeing the invasion's effect on it)? Bit of both?
More in Creation than in the Underworld, I believe, but there will be some action in the dead lands.

Using tabs is easy once you get used to it. Use the following code:

(Tabs)(tab=Label here)

type your text here

(/tab)(tab=next label)

More text

add to close your tabs out, use

(/tab)(/tabs)

Just swap the ( ) with [ ] and you are set

Last edited:
To add a picture, the code is:

(Imagefloat=right) image here
(/imagefloat)

Just use the brackets [ ]

Hey Psychie Psychie , before I put too much effort into a different character, what would you prefer? The martial artist or a melee build?

I like the martial artist, but that character isn't very dark and moody, the way I see an Abyssal. Why not try the melee build and see how that feels?

I have most of my character mapped out (going with concept 3 btw), will be able to post in the character thread either tomorrow or friday.

How is everyone doing on their characters? We have Sherwood Sherwood and his melee death machine that is pretty much ready to go, Tachyon Tachyon playing the high priest for the Neverborn, and I believe that Eonivar Eonivar said he was pulling out an archer? That leaves us EbonChevalier EbonChevalier to determine what he's going to run.

I will be posting ny character tonight regardless of status. Want to keep the wheels spinning. I have the general backstory in my head, but need to get it down on paper.

I am planning on having a high-dot Manse, and may need some help with that :)

I will be posting ny character tonight regardless of status. Want to keep the wheels spinning. I have the general backstory in my head, but need to get it down on paper.

I am planning on having a high-dot Manse, and may need some help with that :)
Are you wanting this manse in Creation or the Underworld? Is this something you are wanting to stat out using the rules in Oadenol's Codex?

Tachyon Tachyon don't forget that an Underworld Manse won't offer you any Essence in Creation. Depends on how much action we are going to have in each location.

In creation. I figure some sort of cathedral/temple? I'd been glancing at the rules for it in Oadenol's but it's a lot. Thinking four dots, to either give me the stone that buffs Appearance or the one that allows for dream-stuff. Will also take a hearthstone amulet to avoid the drawbacks of having creation-attuned motes in my system.

I can deal with a manse in Creation easy enough. Just remember if it is not well hidden it might need some guards to keep it safe.

I'm going with the artifact you suggested Psychie for the wings. How many mutation 'points' is an abomination?

Last edited:
P-p-p-pooooosteeeeed! The sheet.

Everything isn't in place yet, but I'll get there over the weekend.

I'm going with the artifact you suggested Psychie for the wings. How many mutation 'points' is an abomination?
For some reason, I'm thinking it is six. I'm away from my books at the moment, and that is what is popping into my noggin right now.
P-p-p-pooooosteeeeed! The sheet.

Everything isn't in place yet, but I'll get there over the weekend.
Excellent. I'll look it over.

I have acquired the necessary books and will be working on my character this weekend. Still leaning towards an Archer, probably Day Caste although I am still working out the character themselves. I am open to any suggestions or character ideas, particularly if they interact with your characters. Also, are there any cool artifact bows I should look to get?

Tachyon Tachyon I see that you don't have any combat Abilities selected. While that is fine, you may want to put at least a few dots (and maybe an Excellency) in being able to dish out some damage or when there is a combat scene, you won't be able to participate very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back