• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic A World To Fight For

FungKu

A Magical Sprite
For years, Humans have lived in peace in their own little world called "Earth". Humans are said to be the most intelligence life form in the whole universe, or so that is what they believe because they do not know what lies beyond. For many years, the humans believed that they are the only superior life forms in the universe. But the arrival of a certain race changed all that, The Locusts. These bug like creatures appear to be feral at first, but in truth, they are intelligent life forms that can communicate and assess situations. They may be intelligent, but they were not peaceful. In just a matter of a single month, the Locusts were able to take over Earth. The human's lack of defense against the Locusts Mechs, in which the humans nicknamed their mechas as "Exos", drove them to the path of exile. They were forced to leave Earth and live in the vast emptiness of space. Luckily for them, a certain company was able to create a mothership that can carry millions of humans, and even more lucky is that the construction was already completed. Years of constructing the Mothership was finally put to good use.

Now the Locusts roam the Earth, completely taking all of it's natural resources and using it for themselves. The humans, unable to accept the reality of losing their home planet, decided that they would fight once more against the Locusts, and this time they would be ready. The humans created a machine that can be piloted by a single human being. This machine only has one purpose, to fight against the Lotust's Exos. These machines were called, BEMs or also known as Bug Eliminating Machine. Of course they named it that way to insult the Locusts.

The Locusts :

humanoid_bug_concept_by_cgptteam-d5v8juv.jpg

Their shells are hard, making bullets almost useless against them. But their shells are very vulnerable to fire. When they come in contact with a flame, their shells immediately burn up causing extreme heat and pain onto themselves. Few Locusts survive the pain but they still die after a couple of minutes on having their flesh exposed to sunlight. That is why they mostly rely on their Exos to fight against humans. The Locusts are able to fire spikes from their extra limbs on their back. Upon contact of these spikes will either poison or paralyze the target, depending on which deviant used fire the spikes. They are creatures who does not completely rely on sight. And most of all, they are color blind.

Exos :

Js4Qc.jpg

Humans call Locust machines as Exos, because it nearly resembles an insect's exoskeleton. These machines are slightly slower than the human's BEMs. All of their unit's weapons are identical. It's right arm weapon is able to fire a grenade that generates dangerous smoke that can even melt steel. They are not affected by the smoke because of the materials that were used on the Exos are different from the materials humans use. But for some reason, the Exos are very very susceptible to heat as well. This was founded by a scientist who dedicated his life in his experiments to expose the Locust's weakness and the very same scientist who found out about their shell's weakness to explosives or fire.

BEMs :

188d21p2fj8omjpg.jpg

The BEM is the human's greatest weapon so far. It can be outfitted with different kinds of weapons. Varying from machine guns, Shotguns, Rocket launchers, missile launchers and more. It's weapons depends on the pilot's taste. They may look durable but against the Exos, they are still vulnerable to their attacks. But one of it's greatest asset is the ability to slide sideways to dodge attacks from the Exos. Although using the slide will quickly consume it's power core, it is the most useful asset against the Locust's machines.

Infantry :

ec7f895c2f9590cdc5f20c8fc76440bd.jpg

When not in BEMs, the infantries can fight against the locusts who are not in their Exos. They are equipped with short explosive rounds. When their bullets comes in contact with the locusts, it makes a small explosion just like a firecracker, but it's explosion is enough to break the locust's shell and doing a good amount of damage. Infantry weapons vary on the soldier's class, From Medic, grenadier, assault or sniper.

Mothership :

mothership_by_bhippy.jpg

After many years of design and construction, The humans have finally finished in constructing the Mothership. This ship was supposed to be a test, but due to current situations, it was forced to become a complete. Up to a total of two million people live in the mothership. It has everything inside it for humans to live. Farms for food, Schools, hospitals, military power, and more. But all these were limited and that is why they need to retake earth or they will die from hunger or thirst.

This is the story so far, people will be playing as the Humans and the Locusts will be NPCs.

So if anyone is interested please say so :)

So, I'll be taking a minigun loaded up with incendiary rounds and an autocannon to just really mess up anythings day.

I would like an explanation of why the locusts didn't just straight up besiege the Mothership if all the remaining humans are using it as the base of operations. Is it hidden in a way that the locusts cannot detect?

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't need to attack the mothership since it has nothing to offer. It would be a waste of resources and bugpower(manpower) to attack something when they get nothing from it. Might as well station more bugs on earth and guard the only place that they are able to take resources from.

As they were described, they are intelligent life forms.

@Quarantinetimer

But if the humans now have at least a chance of winning the planet back, a more effective strategy would be to focus all locusts forces to destroy the human's base and therefor crippling them, so the locusts can continue with their operations on earth without the possibility of humans successfully retaking it. Unless they have a raider mentality: "Take everything as fast as possible, leave, and ignore their attempts at resistance. It's probably too late for them to retake the planet without us taking all resources first anyway."

Sadly, they don't have the ability to "take everything as fast as possible" . For them they see the humans as the inferior species and their superiority in numbers are making them blind to the possibilities of humans winning the war. And defense is the best offense, so why waste attacking the human's base when you can use your extra troops to strengthen your defenses. I mean think about it, if you are a smart and prideful race, you wouldn't waste time in dealing with something that's inconvenient and focus on the most important thing for you and your kind.

So not really that intelligent. At least not in the sense of being very perceptive. Well, earth is a large area, and spreading your troops around it makes them vulnerable to being isolated and destroyed one by one. Concentrating all your troops and forcing a decisive battle is the best strategy when your side is still superior. Don't give em the time to build up a military capable of resisting you. This is starting to sound like an argument about the principles of guerrilla warfare, so let's take a moment to talk about something else.

Just trying to sort out some of my perceived problems with the plot. And by "something else", I mean other things related to the rp. For a start, how many players do you intend to have? And how long will it last?

Last edited by a moderator:
The ninja has gotten interested yes but question:

The humans posses BEM's but i have a question about the BEM's characteristic,are thees BEM's more Mechwarrior in appearance with mostly arms replace with weapons and such or they are more human in appearance with more human base movement?

Like this

7VWWkez.jpg

or more like this

armoredcore-420x420.jpg

The first one, the BEM's appearance should already be posted in the thread in the overview.

Just like your first picture but instead, it has arms or it's arms are weapons or just rockets like yours depending on your tastes. You can even be in infantry if you want and hitch a ride on someone's BEM

Makirararara said:
The first one, the BEM's appearance should already be posted in the thread in the overview.
Just like your first picture but instead, it has arms or it's arms are weapons or just rockets like yours depending on your tastes. You can even be in infantry if you want and hitch a ride on someone's BEM
thank you for answering,i was aware of the one above you posted but wanted to make sure it was relevant,But now i have plans in mind thank you,and i would pick infantry but i have the taste for metal :3

Makirararara said:
Haha, Well tell me if you guys are interested I'll save a spot for ya.
I am gladly now i would like to reserve "Long Range Support" as i have plans for a "artillery" Base BEM

I have a CS plan out from a old one hehehe...when some one says rain hell

she got's ya covered with some 400mm shells...i love the smell of burning bug in the morning.

oBcpg.jpg

thats good, but... you'll be heavy as EFF mate, escaping from Exos coming at you might be a little difficult.

Makirararara said:
thats good, but... you'll be heavy as EFF mate, escaping from Exos coming at you might be a little difficult.
that is why she would have 1 or 2 Light BEM's Covering her at all times,like NPC,Being heavy might be one heck of a problem but its worth it even with the large downside to grant great advantage to allies.But if something goes south well she cant do anything but try her best to survive the attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back