• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A New Land-Interest check-

TheAdventureBegins

Wwwwhaaaaaat?
Welcome to my most recent group search thread!

I’ve had this image saved for awhile, always knowing I wanted to do an rp based on it, but not much idea of what. I think I have a little bit more of an idea now on what I want to do, so let me know if you are interested! Depending on how many people are wanting to join I might keep this a smaller rp. Please feel free to input things you would like to add in the plots, or even would just like to see in the rp.

Thanks~

tumblr_pjfly8cVls1t9x55so8_1280.jpg

Source Link

Every year a group of childhood best friends would gather in their woods back home for an annual camping trip. Being college aged everyone had split on their own life's journeys, but still came back home for this no matter what, everyone but Augustus. A year after high school graduation, Augustus simply didn’t show up, no one knew how to contact him, and no clue where he could have gone. Seven years passed, and just like every other year the camping trip came. The old friends caught up and set up just as usual, but when night fell a strange figure emerged from the shadows, a young man wearing a pointed wizards hat- it was Augustus!

He joined the others at the fire, seeming just as excited as the rest of them, but something was different about him. As he began telling his story, his words like a melody, the fire began to change color and the world began to shift.

“We are not meant for Earth my friends. We must go back home and right the wrongs of our families.”

-This is a high fantasy plot, each character will have magic abilities of their own, but to gain them our characters will need to go through their own little ark planned out by me. SO, they won’t all gain magic at the same time, you may never know when you get yours. You are not meant to know what they need to fix right away, I will leave bread crumbs, but it is also up to you all to figure it out!

-I would prefer if we could do at least a paragraph of response each, just to keep away from one-liners. Please always feel free to write more if you would like!

-On the World-
The land is unlike Earth, with magical creatures, plants, spells, alchemy, and other things.

Alchemy has made this world much different, and advanced compared to ours in ways, but the setting is still more historical in images. Picture early 1900s cars, mechanical horse drawn carriages, or even carriages drawn by nothing at all. The setting of the world is open and I would love to see your own creativity to add parts to it as well!

Society will be explained more through our characters' experiences, but mostly the most powerful in the world are those with powerful magic, the weakest are those who cannot do magic at all.

-On the Magic-

There are many different kinds of magic, and really are limitless, I will accept most powers with a few exceptions i.e. mind reading, mind control, and anything that would affect other players ability to control their own character, illusion magic could fall under this and I would like everyone to be on board with it if someone is going to use it.

Magic with runes-like seen in the image- would be a specific class of magic and is also the most used in the new world, but has many different uses.

Alchemy is very akin to science, but with magic it is able to do nearly anything.

I would like to balance this as much as possible, as in balance in the parties abilities. Basically not everyone should have magic meant just for offense. I will leave this vague because I also don’t want to sway your character making, just something to keep in mind! :)

Interested!

can uh my character have cool armor XD
Yay! I mean it would only be natural someone has cool armor! xD I also have this idea of weapons/armor being made superior through alchemy, or if one is so, so lucky, runed with rune magic! You can totally expand on your armor to make it fit at what hypothetical levels everyone is at. So to start it would be basic armor with maybe one modification, then a little better and better as the rp progresses!

Last edited:
*pops head up*
yes hi hello hi is this still open? : D
It sure is for just a little bit longer! Feel free to check out the links to the lore and ooc and then make a character! As said above my first post is up, but you are welcome to read it after you make your character if you wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back