• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Nation In Havoc OOC (2.0)

Are there any signs that a mage is casting a spell before they do it? For example, do they have to speak an incantation or wave their hands or something? Or could they just fry everyone nearby with a thought?

The group has no way of knowing that Ambrose isn't a mage, so if they're going to abduct him, it makes sense for them to take precautions against him burning them all to cinders with magic. If a mage telegraphed his attempts to cast somehow, they could just keep a knife at Ambrose's neck with the threat that if he did anything that even remotely resembled magic, they'd simply slit his throat with no questions asked. Alternatively, if a mage has to wave his or her hands, they can just keep Ambrose's hands bound.

If they don't have any way of knowing that a mage is or will be casting a spell, then it becomes a lot more dangerous for them to try and abduct Ambrose without knowing whether he's capable of it or not, as Decius said.

The way I see it, a mortal human such as Ambrose would have to channel the magic somehow, whether through hand motions or wizard staffs. They would have to will the magic into existence, but also channel it through their hands.

I don't know about Decius and Armandio, but it's worth noting that Raimi, at least, isn't speaking so low that Jenny and Nia can't overhear what she's talking about. Just in case either of them had some opinion on the matter.

Sorry, been busy and been trying to think of a reason for Jenny to not just shoot Raimi considering she approaches the princess armed, lol. Will think of something in time.

If we do reboot it again I think I'll stick to being the villain(s) in the story. I've realized I'm no good at being a heroic figure, unless circumstances are particularly goofy. Evil however... if I can focus on writing for evil I can do more than some evil wizard and his evil cult. And I can have some good characters. Armandio's just not doing it for me.

I have been completely fucked over as I have to read 3 books, rewrite 2 essays, do an investigation which needs me to read two more books and pull quote with which I gotta write an essay with and write a lab report all by the end of September. tl;dr Busy with school.

But I did at least try to get the action going with the last post by making Dec want to convince every body to leave.

augmentedspartan augmentedspartan How's life outside IB m8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back