• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Nation In Havoc OOC (2.0)

He's already with Kruziik. Why not just have him side with Kruziik because Kruziik is allowing him to live/continue his business/experiments? At some point, he could see more interest in siding with the princess than the wizard for himself and just switch sides. Or he could just stay with Kruziik the whole time. Not every character has to be on the good guy hero questing side. We'll have ourselves a little civil war type of situation where everyone eventually has to pick a side between Kruziik and Nia.

The problem with that is nothing will really change, he'll just keep talking shit on a daily basis and not do much. If he's forced into going with the party though, there's the chance of character development and him turning less cynical.

I still think that the group forcing him to go with them because they think he's in with Kruziik seems like the best way to do this.

The problem with that is nothing will really change, he'll just keep talking shit on a daily basis and not do much. If he's forced into going with the party though, there's the chance of character development and him turning less cynical.

I still think that the group forcing him to go with them because they think he's in with Kruziik seems like the best way to do this.
Wouldn't the group just kill him off instead if that were what they thought? I think that him losing the one reason he is in Dalania, his business in one way or another, is enough for him to just be like "Fuck it. Got nothing better to do here." and go with the group.

What if he decides, privately, that Kruziik is batshit fucking crazy and he wants none of that nonsense because it's a threat to him and his way of life. Deciding the best way to prevent Kruziik from retaining power having his insane way is to go with the group, he does so out of a sense of self-interest more than for the sake of preserving peace or whatever.

I think if his decision to join them is framed as one motivated by self-interest rather than caring about others, it will be consistent with his character thus far.

Of course, forcing him to join works as well if they end up capturing him somehow. The group might at first think he's a threat to them because he's one of Kruziik's inner circle and, as Omega said, believe he's better off dead than alive. But, Ambrose might be able to convince them that, with his medical skills, he's more useful to them alive than dead and convince them to let him tag along rather than murder him.

Also, Decius the hardened warrior might be okay with off handedly killing old men because they're a potential threat, but others in the group might not be so willing to do it, even if it were technically the logical course of action. Raimi, for example, has never killed another person before this all started and she'd have huge ethical qualms about killing someone who wasn't a direct, immediate threat to herself just because they MIGHT be a threat later on. Especially when said someone is a defenseless old man. I suspect Nia would feel similarly, though I don't know where Jenny would fall on that argument.

TL; DR version: Kruziik killed the king; Decius, Armandio, and Raimi killed some goblins (and Decius maybe enjoyed it a bit too much); Jenny blew some people up with a firecracker and left before shit got really hairy; Nia got a sword and teamed up with Jenny; Ambrose survived long enough to talk to Kruziik by being a wily old asshole; and now everyone's going to the Lazy Fox, supposedly, except (for now) Ambrose and Kruziik.

To be continued...

Did I miss anything?

The hatch is reinforced, so it wouldn't be so easy to smash open, unless Decius is just a bit slow and thinks that. It's also bolted shut from the inside, there would be one deadlock but even if it was picked the other locks would still prevent entry.

I'll assume Nia unlocked it when Jenny wasn't looking lol.

The hatch is reinforced, so it wouldn't be so easy to smash open, unless Decius is just a bit slow and thinks that. It's also bolted shut from the inside, there would be one deadlock but even if it was picked the other locks would still prevent entry.

What is the door made of?

or she just unlocked it before opening it....

TBH i forgot if it was actually locked

I thought it was just the default inn door. But regardless, he can still smash through some of it. And if not, they could try the windows, or just try cutting through a wooden wall unless this is a windowless, steel bunker of an inn.
It's a hatch leading to the basement of the inn, not the door to the building itself, you're already in the building according to MagicPenguin MagicPenguin 's post

Nia from inside the cellar: "Can I have the alcohol instead! I've had a shitty day and I need to forget it happened!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back