• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
2DC2CE16-EABB-4E1C-9365-F38A150781C4.jpeg
Abelgard Müller the Plague Doctor

Home’ Hutt

Hearing out what his leader had to say to him after the small accident with Nevermore, and glancing behind him at something he couldn’t just turn around and look at, it was rather rude to turn away from the person your conversing with, it appeared she needed help with some sort of medical item at hand, making him raise a brow underneath the Crow mask he is wearing. Honestly, he was quite interested of what she actually needs him to do, was it a check up on all the people she is leader of in the camp, or was it something entering different.

His answer was given after the woman looked around cautiously, before asking of a poison, a more of a sedative or temporary disease one, probably for the sole purpose of non-lethally taking down a group of people or someone in particular. Interesting, but he didn’t thought to press more into the subject, responding with

“I may use a combination of my sedative so or use one of them for your use, after all, a man needs to make sure his patients are safely sleeping in order to perform surgery, but I may be able to make a more natural one using a combination of herbs. The downsides of either is the amount of sedative needed, and if the dosage is just right to knock someone out and not outright kill them. And the herbs may as well be difficult to find and have much less effect as well.... still, I’ll may be able to create a sedative as long as you provide me with the correct measurements now.”

Abelgard finished, but not much longer after saying his reply, Adelaide then went ahead to inspect the rather large Raven perched on his left shoulder, Nevermore responding back with turning its head toward her direction and inspecting her with one of their eyes as well, occasionally moving it a random direction. When she said the name Nevermore, Abelgard was quite surprised that she managed to hear it while yelling it out.... ok, maybe it wasn’t that difficult to hear, but Abelgard merely nodded in response and said

“Affirmative, this is my little buddy’s name...”

He said, the Raven cawing in response. Now it seemed that it was time for the conversation to end as the Princess went ahead to leave, before looking at something in the distance, making him look as well... which was the faint details of a new day arriving soon, Abelgard now realizing how much time he might have spent setting up his lab equipment... well, at least he had some sleep before being un-willingly taken here... as she then turned to face Abelgard once more and asked for him to join her for breakfast.

Well, he does need a much more in-depth tour of this place in order to get a better idea of where everything was, and eating soon would provide some valuable nutrition to fuel his body.

“Sure, might as well join you. After all, I need to know more about the camp after all... and breakfast is the most important meal of the day as well.”

As he went back inside the hut, for a couple of seconds, before exiting with his walking cane, now closing the door behind him and walking to the side of the Princess, saying outloud.

“Just say the word and I will start following now...”

He finally finished with, preparing to head deeper with the camp soon.

MarieK MarieK

Riza
Interactions(open)

I choose a decent looking rock to sleep on for now. I need the sunlight to maintain my beautiful colors. I feel something crawling up my arm and when I look to see what it is, my foot steps on a sharp rock equivalent to that of a corner of a lego. I gasp in pain. Ouch. Sitting down I forget about the bug and grab my foot to check that the rock didn't break the skin. It's ok. "Whew" I sigh. I usually fly around everywhere but I can't today because I'm decently close to the human village. Remembering about the crawly bug I look down and see that it's just a fly. I walk around my chosen rock and am about to lie down to sleep when I'm grabbed by someone. Or should I say something. They were definetly way stronger than me. Ouch, there crushing my wings. "Be careful" I mumbled out through the hand clamped around my mouth. They slip a blindfold over my eyes. Then there grip loosens a bit. I mean I knew the king would find me eventually. It was only a matter of time. The one with there hand takes it off my mouth. "You know I've been expecting to be captured for a while now. The king isn't to happy with me." I say assuming that were going to the king. " We don't work for the king" they say. " What do you mean you don't work for the king!?' I wince as I step on a branch that I can't see. They don't respond as I'm lead in a direction that quickly changes.

"Welcome!" My eyes are then freed from the blindfold. I see a princess. The rest of the time flies by as I'm greeted by the princess then I get a hut and I immediatly flop down on a cot. It's wonderful after nothing but rocks and leaves. I saw some other people but in to exhausted to look for them. I curl up in my pretty wings and fall asleep. I dream about being burned then drowned before finally getting hunted down by the king's people with bows and torches. I shudder in my sleep. Then my dream changes to a soft nothingness. I relax my tensed muscles in my sleep and lay on the cot peaceful once again.

Luca de Malvaela
Interactions: Open
Mentions: MarieK MarieK (Adelaide)​

1605773166965.pngTo say the rebellion's employment strategy overwhelmed Luca would have oversimplified the extraordinary amount of terror that befell the 15-year-old boy. Recruitment through seemingly arbitrary kidnapping? Could anyone have expected such a tactic? Two strangers had approached the 15-year-old on the streets, for he was left without a proper home. Luca had yelled for them to stay away, stumbling up to run, only for one of the men's iron grip to yank the boy's arm back. The other put a bind over his mouth before he could yell again. The blood-stopping grasp only lasted for a second before softening to a less hurtful, yet firm grab. Luca kicked and fought with what strength a boy could muster, but he only bruised himself. He fought the urge to cry as he choked on the gag. His thoughts ran rampant, cursing himself for allowing this a second time. When they put the blindfold on him, Luca was certain that Iena was coming to reap him...

Only for his vision to return after many grueling... hours? Minutes? He wasn't sure. But when they untied his blindfold and gag, Luca learned wasn't ending up somewhere dark and cold again. He fought the urge to cry once more—this time out of relief. "Thank Shaione..." There wouldn't be any thought of excusing himself from this place, now. Ade... laide... Princess Adelaide? Alive, after all? What is she—Oh... The fire in her palm reflected in Luca's ice-blue eyes. Her words bounced back and forth in his mind. "Marked... Heretics..." People who were supposedly branded by the Goddess of Decay and given powers to terrorize humanity; at least, how the previous Mother Superior, Helena, described them. They were all unfamiliar faces and shared the same intimidating aura as all adults had. Luca impulsively drew his hood over his head.

"Kid, look, I'm sorry about the—"

Luca dashed away at the man's gruff voice; the kidnapper that brought Luca to sheer dread. He locked eyes at a certain distance, cautiously ready to run like a frightened dog. He knew this man meant no harm, but he somehow couldn't rid himself of the fear. "Y-You can just point me to the hut..." The man sighed, recalling his partner's advice to treat the kid differently from a grown-up. Having messed up on their very first encounter, he doubted Luca was to forgive and forget so easily. Hesitantly, he pointed over in the direction.

Upon entering the crude little hut, Luca scanned the room. There were the basic necessities, some storage... but no sign of a small shrine anywhere. How vexing. Guess I must make one soon... Luca sat and lied on the bed. It wasn't as soft as the ones provided by the Churches. They occasionally gave stuff away to the poor; could this band of rebels not take advantage of that? Luca rapidly shook his head of such blasphemous thoughts. What was he thinking, considering having them take advantage of the Church's kindness? Luca sighed once more. He couldn't sleep, and the new day was already starting.

He assumed the encampment was preparing breakfast, and though his stomach growled, he couldn't venture out to taste whatever food they had to offer. He had a schedule to follow, and he'd be damned if anything was to throw that off course, be it hunger or exhaustion. Luca finally realized that his pouch was still on him. He let out a breath of relief, sending a prayer of thanks he didn't lose it in the scuffle with the kidnappers. If he dwelled any longer on it, he might've realized it was the kidnapper who made sure the pouch stayed on him. Luca reached into it to retrieve a book. Its cover was a worn blue leather with silver star symbols attached on the front in a half-circle. If a shrine was not around, praying to a copy of Shaione's Tome was sufficient.

He gently laid the tome on the floor, dropping to his knees before it. He shut his eyes, clasping his hands together to begin the daily hour of prayer.

Zeia & Xan
Interactions: Zeia to Jayera Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess / Xan (Open)/ Mentions: Everyone MarieK MarieK (briefely)
2a294139ac0420266ad233aea8b8687d.jpg Zeia groaned through the walk like an impatient child. He agreed to the terms, but never imagined the amount of distance it would take for such a meeting. "Must you whine? They said we would arrive shortly." Xan scolded. "Yeah, but I didn't expect to go a on a freaking hike." Zeia grumbled as Xan let out an exasperated sigh. "You know, this person that knows about our marks is probably one of your previous lovers and has taken the liberty to track you down for whatever ungodly thing you did." The stricken face upon the now silent man, has him pondering the possibilities as it gradually hits him, sending a shiver down his spine. "N-nah! They were all pleasant to handle." He cleared his throat clearly filled with conviction. "Of course, so you haven't a shred of fear that I might be right?" Xan teased. "Look man, I don't know what to tell ya except that there is no way I would be stalked so easily. Besides, if they were, it would be because I have them wrapped around my finger~"

"How charming, oh "great one". Xan emphasised sarcastically as he rolled his eyes under his blindfold. Both men exhausted since their departure that they've ended up bickering as per usual. Thankfully, their squabble dies when the fabric is lifted so suddenly, blinding them from the dawn's early light. Emerging gracefully is a woman unknown to them. Her voice melodic with such a high and mighty voice that could dictate an army. The same army standing behind her, guarded. It's not a surprise given the vague details. Anything could happen with the ball in her court. They weren't alone either.

A few extraordinary people were given the same treatment. Xan went on full alert grasping Zee's arm. "This doesn't look too good. We may have fallen into a trap." He whispered. "Oh thank god." Zee sighed. "She's not my ex." Xan scowled, "are you serious? That's what you're worried about right now?" The albino looks up at him and slaps his hand away. "What are you worried about, she's got nothing on us."

"You see, my men and I have been watching each of you and it is believed you may sympathize with our cause."

"I stand corrected." He deadpanned. This time Xan stood silent to hear the woman out. Their eyes widen, shocked to hear this person before them the princess. What's more alarming is her plan to overthrow the king. It was practically a suicide mission. She gathered marked people to do her dirty work? Seriously? Zeia growled under his breath ready to step in and call her out when she revealed her ability he was taken aback. She was one of them yet she was raised in the palace, right?

69c26320c4befb1494dafc2653a1e7a0.jpgAfter given the options to stay or leave, the duo took a breather while everyone else scattered. There was so much to take in and consider. They've lived under a kingdom where a man oppressed their kind and just moments ago, they stood within the presence of their missing princess. "What in the world did we just encounter Xan?" There was no answer to the question when said man was trying to wrap his head around it. "I don't know, but she seemed to be less terrifying than the king." He jested attempting to ease his friend knowing how deep his emotions were when it came to the topic of marked and the kingdom. It was something he wanted to forget while Xan desired to get rid of it in some way. Rubby eyes glare at the shorter man filled with fury. Sparks flickered from his body as tension rose inside of him briefly before shutting it down. A heavy sigh escapes the snow-hair's mouth. "It doesn't matter...we're leaving." He stood up without a second thought shoving his hands in his pockets as he started waltzing.

"I know you don't care for for the kingdom, but this a chance for you harness your powers and cut the cord that keeps us from true freedom." Xan stated. "What? You can't be serious into assisting with her cause, are you? They'll fail and die! They don't have a chance against a batallion!" Zee's anger was justified, but if there is anything Xan has learned throughout his adventures is that he does what's right. "Yeah...you're probably right. We have magical powers while they have nothing but armor." Xan's hues shift to the ground. "Didn't you once say that we need to think big and spread our wings? We're not soaring high enough and we never will be if we don't break the chains." Zee shook his head in disappointment. "This is the right place to be Zeia. I was there for you, now you gotta do the same." Zee grips collar both staring each other dead in the eyes. He had the urge to knock some sense into his best friend, but he didn't have the strength to lay a hand on him or anyone dear to him. He was right and he knew it yet to also voluntarily walk into their demise was dumb too. In the end, Zee pulled away and wandered into the woods leaving Xan torn between his friendship and his heart.
Frustrated and conflicted, Zee cursed under his breath seething with rage. He kicked a random tree prior to bashing his right fist into the trunk and busting his knuckles till they bled. It wasn't the brightest idea, but it certainly calmed him from starting a fire with his sparks. The anger inside raged gradually subsiding his electricity. Zee was left in disbelief, how could his friend want to jump on the bandwagon of saving the kingdom? He was never the time to be brash, that was his job.

As he walked further into the woods, he heard the sound of trickling water. It would probably do him well to douse his hand in water. What he wasn't expecting at the end of the trail was a beautiful, honey bathing. She was quite mesmerizing compared to most women he's come across. She glistened beautifully capturing the essence of what a fantasy woman would look like in a man's dream. He shook his head unaware of how long he's been staring, not that he would care to shy away from. "Whoa...naked lady!" He exclaimed using his hand as a cover. "I...didn't know you were um..." His eyes shift from her face to the water. "...bathing."

7cd97aed675c8b5be65390349f2de8ae.jpgPetra Florence
Interactions: Xan / Pumpkid Pumpkid & Open to @ everyone on Campsite

Petra did not linger within her assigned room. After an attempted assault, that had resulted in two new friendships - or at least friendships in her eyes - the trio had tracked through a thick forest area before she had joined a rebellion on a whim. One could say it had been an eventful night, without question. Petra rested her index-finger on her bottom lip in thought as her new assaulters/friends - depends on who you would ask - brought in her bags and effects and placed them within the hut. "So, I assume I can roam freely so long as I stay within reach..?" it was not as much a question as a warning that she would explore the encampment, but the two who had brought her here just sighed and shrugged, realizing they would not really be able to stop her anyways. "Just stay within range of the camp. Please?" the woman pleaded. Petra nodded energetically and threw her fist up as she backed out of her hut. "Thank you, thank you! Just put my stuff wherever, I'll sort it later!"

Before they could respond any further, Petra was already rushing down the uneven and wobbly paths to the ground-level of the camp. There was no need to spend unnecessary time in her room. There were places to explore, people to meet! She did not feel tired. After having traveled slowly through the forest, she had gotten in a couple of hours rest before her two "friends" made it into her camp before convincing her to join them here. A pleasant journey, if she could say so herself. An entangled, deep area in the forest was right up her ally - given her Marked powers. A curious set of eyes wandered over the campsite. There were a couple of people hanging back after the speech had ended and it seemed the mood was different in each group.

The trees surrounding the area were large and beautiful, covered in branches and leaves to bathe in the light of the sun and moon. Enthralled by the beauty of her surroundings, Petra's attention was focused.. Well.. Upwards. Not seeing where she was going, she stumbled full-force into a dark-haired man. "Holy sh--!" she exclaimed as she faceplanted the dirt. The sudden obstacle in her path made her confused. While she coughed and spit out the dirt she had gotten in her mouth, Petra turned around to see who she had accidentally assaulted, unsure if she may have brought him with her to the ground or not. With a surprised look, emerald green eyes examined Xan. It did not take long for her expression to turn frantic and apologetic.

"I am so, so sorry, tall stranger-man," she huffed as she brushed the dirt off her cloak. Of course she had to be clumsy and disoriented enough to bump into the first possible recruit she had met here that did not go about assaulting strangers. Or did he? Well, it did not matter - she had basically attempted to tackle the man, so the fault was hers. "I was so focused on trying to look up through the branches, because they look so beautiful in the light, and I didn't see where I was going so I accidentally bumped into you. Are you okay? I didn't hurt you?" the words came flowing out of her mouth at a quick pace. Maybe this one was another one like her? A marked, essentially kidnapped by the Queen's followers to come here? A friend!

"What a way to introduce myself, huh? Before I make this even more awkward.. Let me start over..." Petra cleared her throat and clumsily got back on her feet. She brushed the dirt off her knees and stared eagerly up at the man with her gloved hand stretched out. "I'm Petra!"

Riza
Interactions (open)

I wake up a bit later my scales shimmering on my wings. I lett my wings take up the color they usually do shimmering in the light that is weaving its way through the roof. I stand up and stretch. Since I assume there is no humans here I leave my wing poking out of my shirt and fold them to my back their scales still glimmering. I breathe in the fresh air, maybe I don't want to be here.. I think. Yeah but here is way better that that old rock back where I was. True...true... I step out of the hut and spread my now dazzaling wings. Stretching them to their fullest before folding them to my back again. I walk in no specific direction. I know not to leave camp. I want to anyway. I sit on the ground and soak up the glorious sunlight that radiates everywhere. I hope they have food I'm kind of hungry...

Jayera
9cfa12caf2e89f06ee6e2f6c39c654f6.jpg

"Should I really be getting involved in this? I mean really it's not my fight but in some ways, it is, right?" To anyone on the outside looking in, this woman talking to the moon was out of her mind. People in her town had called her crazy for talking to the moon until they learned more about her. Then, they understood the strange and complex the woman had with something that seemed so far out of their reach. Any newcomer that came around and saw her talking to it would make rude comments only to get chastised for being so disrespectful. Jayera was loved by many and cared for, which is why it was so hard for her to find a reason to stay here and help. There were always going to be people who didn't like someone who was Marked so what was going to war going to solve? Revolution brings about change and that's what this world needs.' She scowled at the thought, flipping to an upright position in the water. "Don't go putting thoughts into my head." Granted, there was no way the moon was giving her those thoughts, but ever since she was a child she thought her subconscious was really the moon telling her what to do. No one had the heart to tell her otherwise, so they let her believe what she wanted.

She dove underwater for a brief moment to wet her hair and when she came back up to the surface, she froze. There was a white-haired man staring at her, to which she stared back. The sudden presence of another person had taken her off guard and she wasn't exactly sure how to react at that moment. While looking at him she could feel traces of frustration seeping out but it quickly disappeared as he started to speak. With a slight smirk, she lowered herself under the water to hide the rest of her body. "Calm down, I'm not your sister so it's okay to peak... Or is your shock because you've never seen a naked woman before?" She teased. If she were going to be sticking around then she could at least have some fun, right? She looked him over with her eyes, quite visibly taking in each of his features, and was very interested in learning about this man. Granted, she was interested in learning about a lot of the characters she had seen back at the camp but this guy would be her first. Her eyes landed on his hand, nodding her head towards them. "You hurt yourself?" She paused for a moment, debating on if she should help him or not. She didn't want to be taken advantage of as far as her healing abilities went but she also couldn't ignore people who had injuries despite how small. "I'll clean it for you if you get in. The water is too nice to get out of so soon." A bold request, sure, but she didn't have any sort of ulterior motive for asking him to do so. If he declined she wouldn't be offended.

Interactions:
Zeia ( Pumpkid Pumpkid )

Interacts with: Abelgard ( Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 )
Mentions: Aless and Sera ( MagicPenguin MagicPenguin Morrighan Morrighan )
Open for Interactions

Her mood lifted when the man had affirmed that he was able to assist her in concocting a toxin. It was impossible to give him an exact measurement of the victims' builds which may frustrate the formula of the concoction, yet she refused to deny the hope his words had extended to her. It was a small step, but at least it was in the right direction.

Out of pure habit, her hands reached for skirts but fell on pants instead. The sensation of the fabric tightly spun around her waist and legs was an oddity she had yet grown accustomed to. Not that she minded trading heavy skirts and rib-crushing corsets for men's attire. Her movements were less restricted and she found herself capable of larger intakes of breath. Whatever feminity was loss while garbed in men's attire should not be mourned, but celebrated.

Even if her cousin seemed more fitted for the role of a warrior.

"Thank you for your help, Abelgard. I will make a point to stop by later to discuss it further," she said, as they descended the stairs. Once on the ground, they were approached by three men. Uncertainty painted their expressions as they considered the man at her side. She frowned at their reaction to Abelgard and wondered how they had approached the other Marked. Had her command to treat them well been heeded?

"We were sent with some news," one said, staring at Abelgard, pointedly.

Adelaide felt her patience wane, but she managed to give Abelgard a smile as she pointed in the direction of where breakfast was being served. The line around the serving table was not as long as it would be when everyone awakened and there were plenty of open seats at the table around them.

"Go and enjoy the meal. I have other business to see to."

The aspect of him leaving her side filled her with an emotion akin to dread. Although the other men sympathized with her cause, it was another thing to be in the company of a Marked who completely understood the bitterness of loneliness and injustice.

The man who had spoken waited until Abelgard had left then handed her a crumpled parchment. Adelaide took it, but he began reiterating the contents before she had a chance to read it for herself.

"It's a missive from one of the spies you sent out," he explained. "He reported that there's a group spreading violence. A monster is leading the group."

She scoffed, scanning the parchment. "There's no such things as monsters, Alistair."

"So you're not going to intervene?"

"It's not our fight. If we get sidetracked-"

"The group is said to be searching for you, Princess."

A chill traced the vertebrae of her spine. Folding the parchment, she sighed and glanced out over the people searching for Aless. She would ask her opinion on the matter. Yet even as she decided to seek out her cousin's advice she had already made the decision to help those in the wake of the group's destruction.

Dismissing the men, she jumped at the sound of iron clanging together. It was cook's 'subtle' way of waking up the camp for breakfast. How long had it been since she had eaten more than an apple of two in passing? The memory eluded her, but her stomach churned in protest.

Which led her to the next order of business.

Before she had her men bring the Marked to the camp, she had made it a point to gather intel on most of them. There was one, Sera, Adelaide had taken special interest in. She had hoped that she could help her after years of blood-draining and expensive physicians had failed to.

Not seeing her, Adelaide sat at a table and unfolded the parchment she had folded and read it in silence.

Last edited:
Assassin by Dropdeadcoheed on DeviantArt

Alessandra

Interactions : Adelaide

Aless was doing her best not to swear for the dozenth time as she trudged her way through the forest towards camp. Normally, her body moved with a sense of perfect assurance, her movements smoothed into submission by years of training. Of course, she could hardly blame it for betraying her after three days without sleep and what was more than likely a sprained ankle. The fall she'd taken while fleeing from the balcony of Daruk's mansion had been sloppy, and it had cost her a day's travel as the hours brought more and more pain shooting up her leg. It was supposed to have been a routine mission - get in, get the information, and get out before the guards caught wind of her - but one of the mercs in the Lord's service had to have been a fucking Marked because he'd sensed her as she'd made her way across the first floor. It should have been impossible, seeing as she'd been invisible at the time, but the bastard had raised the alarm before she'd silenced him with a dagger to the throat.

A dull throb of pain echoed through the palms of her hands as her fisted fingers dug in, maybe even drawing blood. She couldn't afford to make such stupid mistakes, not when Addie was depending on her intel to direct their movements across Evenbryre. If Lord Daruk returned to his keep before they could relocate their men in the Northeast, they could be discovered and killed. That wasn't a loss they could take, not with so few marked still under their banner. Aless needed to hurry.

By the time she made it back to camp, the sun was slowly making its way over the horizon, casting pale hues of light across the canopy overhead. The sounds of the camp awakening were a small comfort, but Aless couldn't afford to stop and say her greetings to the few rebels who waved or smiled at her passing. She wasn't exactly a popular figure among the group, even if her position within the rebellion gave her their respect. It didn't matter. She wasn't here to make friends. Still, there was a small handful of passing rebels who had garnered enough respect from the assassin to earn a small smile or quick nod of acknowledgment as she followed the sounds of Cook's morning rampage through the cookware.

Addie was where she always in the mornings, her nose buried in some bit of parchment. The older girl didn't even bother to speak as she took her seat beside her cousin and yanked the hood off of her head, causing her long braid to tumble from within. It - along with the rest of the woman - was in dire need of a wash, but Aless didn't seem to mind that her clothes stank of old blood and were torn in more than a few places as she smiled grimly at Adelaide.

"We need to talk."

Xan Blackwell
Interactions: Petra LeelLu LeelLu
69c26320c4befb1494dafc2653a1e7a0.jpg Xan took a deep breath to quell his nerves. The burst of anger daring to surge endangered him and the people around him. Luckily, he was at a safe distance to keep them from being frozen. Although, the same did not go for the ground he stood. A platform of frost managed to leak from his feet. The morning dew mixed with the patch of frost complimented the shrubs. Once he fixes his composure, his eyes scan the area taking in the setting.Tents and huts filled with not just aged warriors, but residents as well. Why would a so called "evil princess" stay at an encampment with the likes of the lower class? Could it be she was telling the truth and genuinely wanted to cease her father's reign? It was too good of deal to pass up.

As Xan inspected the site, he collided with a body. Both of them were heading in opposite directions when they fell to to the ground. He groaned as he sat up from the impact wondering why his day was turning busy. Beside him lied a cloaked figure face down. They spewed the earth's contents from their mouth and frantically rose to their feet. Immediately they rambled with apologies as trying to correct her wrong when in fact she's fine. Xan stood up dusting himself with a chuckle. "It's alright, it's not your fault. I wasn't watching where I was going either. I'm fine, really." He sends them a warm smile hoping to assure them. It seems the blonde got the memo and made an effort to make a joke before introducing herself.

Her outburst of her name, threw him slightly back. "It's nice to meet you." He shook her hand firmly. "I'm Xan." The warm aura he gives to everyone returned as if a trigger with formalities reminded him something familiar. Again, he takes the liberty taking a better look at the woman. Her attire suited to hide or possibly business compared to the rest of the people. Aside from occupation, it was evident the blonde was not a resident of camp. "Did you get kidnapped as well?" He asked. "And are you by chance...another marked?" The question itself sounded surreal. In his travels, he hasn't fully encountered a mark in the flesh. They were really on the low about their abilities with so many traitors among them willing to hand them over like a cash cow. Xan and Zeia were no different, allowing money to rule their lives half the time.
2a294139ac0420266ad233aea8b8687d.jpg Her voice even matched her face. She could pass as a seductress the way he spoke to him. He scoffed at the question finding it absurd when he's conquered countless women through his journey. To say he's been around is true but also false. He's had a decent amount of lovers yet would exaggerate for the sake of his ego. Xan would say otherwise and spill the truth about the cocky male. Zeia dropped his hand and smirked. "Oh, I've seen of a lot bodies, honey. Some with a lot more curves and plentiful jugs." He winked.

Zeia leaned against a tree as the mystery woman checked him out, boosting his ego. His grin widens allowing her the honor of drinking in his features knowing well how attractive he is. The same could be said for the girl hiding her frame in the water. What exactly did she look like in person. The thought was too spicy to continue to unravel. His eyes shift away in a shy manner. Her question broke him out of his thoughts as he turned his attention to his right hand.

"Huh? Oh...yeah it's just a minor injury, no big deal." His pride vanished, reminded of the argument. The basis of debating to stay or not for whatever reason. He raises a brow when offered to heal his hand and join her. As much as he'd like to let loose, he was also cautious until he knew for sure people were who they claim to be and see to it the camp is safe before leaving his partner into his doom. Not that it will happen under his watch. Subconsciously, he squats at the edge of the shore and dips his hand into the water to soak. "As much as I'd like to spend my time with a babe, I'm in not dumb enough to be so carefree under these circumstances." He groaned running his hand through his silk hair.

Sera Albion

It couldn't have been more than an hour or two later when Sera was awakened again by the clanging of pots somewhere in the distance and calls for breakfast. With a tired yawn, she gently disentangled herself from the still-sleeping Silver on her lap. She laid the girl's head gently on the wooden floor of the hut, careful not to wake her. Looking around in the light of the risen sun, she could see about half of the contents of her bag had been strewn about the room by her late night invader in her search for food. With a resigned sigh, she first picked up the bandages, which had come unfurled after the girl apparently threw them out of the bag. With one hand and her teeth, she deftly wrapped up the wound on her hand. She'd have to make sure to wash it out thoroughly later. For anyone else, Sera could have repaired something like that with a thought, but for herself, she just had to let it mend the old fashioned way. Her ability was powerful, but not particularly convenient when it came to her own injuries.

With her injury treated and her possessions stuffed safely back in her bag, Sera looked nervously at her uninvited guest. She'd promised to wake her up for breakfast, but did she really have to do it? Well, she reasoned with herself, the alternative was leaving her to wake alone in her bedroom, which could only lead to disaster. Nothing to do but get it over with, then.

She gently shook Silver's shoulder. "Silver...Silver...It's time to wake now. Breakfast is being served. Are you hungry?" Amazing if she still is after she ate half my travel rations last night, Sera thought with a hint of bitterness.

Once the two were awake and out of the hut, Sera separated from Silver to find a place to wash herself before breakfast. Silver was quite emphatic in her refusal to bathe--she didn't say so, but Sera had the distinct impression that the cat-girl might be afraid of the idea of getting wet. She instead went off on her own to where breakfast was served ahead of Sera. The young physician wasn't sure whether to be relieved that she was gone or terribly anxious about what trouble she might get up to next.

After asking around, Sera was directed to a small pond by a waterfall. This time of morning, there were several people taking the time to wash their hands and faces or even bathe their whole bodies, including a dark skinned woman who appeared to be teasing some poor light-haired fellow with some facial scars quite mercilessly. What Sera really wanted was a proper bath, but she wasn't used to undressing in front of so many people. Maybe she could find a place with more privacy to do that, or perhaps come back when there were fewer people around. For now, she contented herself by washing her hands and face, and gave her arms and legs a little rinse as well without removing her clothing. She took special care washing out her wound from last night before re-wrapping it and heading back toward breakfast.

Breakfast was served outside of a large tent in the middle of the City in the Trees (as Sera was thinking of it). People were spread out in small groups at makeshift tables and along the floors eating their meals to the sound of morning chatter and chirping birds. There was quite a crowd here this morning, larger than Sera was expecting. She hadn't realized how many people inhabited this place. Not just the Marked arrivals from the night before, either, but all manner of men and women--soldiers, workers, wives, washerwomen, scribes, all manner of people. She even saw some children running around--probably the families of some of the soldiers. It was quite the little group this rebel princess had managed to collect. Still paltry compared to the might of an entire kingdom, though.

Sera got her food--some eggs and bacon and a few pieces of sausage--and looked about for Silver, but couldn't seem to find her anywhere. She ignored the horrible sense of foreboding that gave her and tried to find a place of her own to sit. She noticed Princess Adelaide having breakfast and was tempted to try and speak with her, but thought better of it when she saw the dark haired woman in black garb with whom she was speaking. It looked like they were discussing something important and Sera wouldn't want to interrupt. Instead, she made her way to the edge of the crowd, hoping to find somewhere relatively private. After a while, she was considering the idea of taking her food back to her hut to eat alone, but that was before she noticed the fellow eating by himself (with the exception of a black bird on his shoulder, anyway) near a large tree. It wasn't the fellow himself that caught her attention, but rather the object beside him as he ate: a beaked mask common to doctors who worked with virulent airborne diseases.

Sera rarely ever got to speak with fellow physicians outside the occasional village wisdom or aboriginal medicine man. Excitement blossomed in her breast at the opportunity to trade wisdom and notes with another trained professional.

"Um, excuse me, sir," she called out as she approached him. "I couldn't help notice your mask and...um, would you happen to be a doctor? My name is Sera Albion and I've been trained as a physician too, by my uncle. Would you mind if I sat with you to chat a bit?"

Interacting: WillfulWren WillfulWren (Silver) Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 (Abelgard)

Mentioned: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Jayera), Pumpkid Pumpkid (Zeia), MarieK MarieK (Adelaide), Morrighan Morrighan (Alessandra)

Last edited:
Addie and Aless were screaming again.

He was back at the castle, and he could hear them. Their screeches pierced his ears. They were begging him to help them. He had to. He had to!
He rushed out in the hallway, making his way to Adelaide's room. Or at least, what he thought was her room. What he thought was the door to the stairwell instead led to a different room. And that led to the servant quarters, which were not supposed to be here! He growled in frustration, still trying to somehow find his way.
"I'M COMING! I'M COMING! HOLD ON!"

Twisting paths and winding turns finally led him to a large, wooden double door. Behind that, he could hear the screaming clearly now. He tried to open it, but couldn't. He took a few steps back, charging and then slamming into the door with all his might. But it just wouldn't budge. He tried and tried and tried until his shoulder was bleeding and his arm was sore, but still, to no end. Eventually the screaming became more and more distant, until it was gone. He collapsed to his knees, feeling tears beggining to form on his face.

"You were too weak"

The voice of his Father, King Darius shook him out of any and all thought. He raised his head, and saw him looming over him, angry, frustrated, and worst of all, dissapointed.
"I-I tried, Father. Believe me! But there was nothing to be done! I-"

The King waved his hand dismissively. "NO EXCUSES! You have failed me, Mordred. You have failed them too. All your strength, all your prowess, and you were as useless as a servant girl!"

Mordred felt crushed, choked under the weight of this accusation. Were all his efforts for naught still? Had he always been a failure, merely posturing as something else?
The pain in his head reached monumental levels. It felt as as intense as the first night, when he had been cursed. Nails dragging them slowly inside his brain. His skin burning like a fire he could never possibly put out.

He awoke, drenched in sweate and feeling his heart beating so loudly it was right about ready to leap off of his chest. In a panic, he realized that the candle which he had laid out next to his bedroll had gone out. The darkness swallowed him whole, amplifying his fear. He fumbled in the dark, trying to get a hold of hit tinderbox. Terror made his hands shake, and his breathing shallow. He whimpered as the shadows moved, and he felt so...exposed.

He fingers finally found it, and with jittery movements he finally managed to light the candle. He was alone. There had been no threat, but that mattered little. There never had been any threat, and yet the night terrors never went away. The dream still reverberated in his memory. His thoughts were muddled, filled with pain. The nails were not gone. The nails were never gone. He clenched his fists, feeling tears come up.

No, he resolved. No, I will not cry. It does not befit a man to cry. Biting his lip hard, he instead tried to psych himself up. The pain made it easy.

He was no failure. He was no weakling! The witch had cursed him, but that had not stopped him from shattering her body. The King had ignored him, but that was because he had not seen his potential yet. His sister and cousin were gone, but they were alive. He had been assured they were alive, and he would not fuck it up a second time.

Rage boiled behind his features. He needed to expel it. He needed to fight, to win. It was the only thing he'd ever known how to do. It was the only thing he'd ever been good at. He got up, quickly donning his armor and mask before going to Orsen's tent. Time to step up their game.

"Quartermaster! Report!"

Orsen was much older, and to say his age showed on his face would have been the understatement of the century. The man looked hideous, even by Mordred's quite liberal standards. Once, he was quartermaster to Captain Varestad, one of the most terrifying pirates to have existed in recent memory. But after the captain had been mysteriously murdered, the crew had falled apart. One thing led to another and Orsen joined the legions, wanting to avoid to gallows. He had quickly proven himself a very capable combatant, but his true value lied in his abilities as administrator and logistician, as well as in his countless connections to the underworld. It was him that gathered all the information about the members of the assassin's guild.

"Up early, aren't you boss? Of course. We got two auxillary detachments and one half-legion of regulars arriving at sunup. Half an auxillary detachment is patrolling the roads, raiding caravans and farms as it goes. With the loot provided, we got three-fourths of a legion of auxillaries training up into regulars. A cavalry detachment and a beastmaster detachment, alongside an arbalest detachment will arrive in about a week, give or take. With them, we can keep moving south and tighten the noose around our secondary targets"

"No" Uttered Mordred, almost instinctively. The quartermaster looked at him puzzled.

"No, orders shall change. We march south now, as soon as the first batch of reinforcements are here. By my count, there are four villages in the way before we even reach Nulkairn. We can pick them clean before they even have a chance to run away."

Orsen seemed unconvinced, glancing at his maps. "Boss...The Baron of Nulkairn is really devoted to the royal family, and to the realm. If he notices we're within arm's reach, he'll take the shot. Are you sure you want us to do this? Without our second reinforcements"

Mordred nodded. In truth, he was not sure, not sure at all, but he knew that every passing day was a day in which his family might be suffering horrible torture. He could sit idle. He was not weak! He would do something about it.

"That's what I'm counting on, quartermaster. He'll sally out, thinking he can crush us and claim the glory."

The quartermaster opened his mouth to protest, but Mordred's stance made it clear there would be no discussion on this. "...Very well boss. We are with you. Oh, one more thing....There is a new crew on the market. Sources tell me it's small but top of the line. Perhaps we should contact them? We could always use more help."

Mordred thought about it for a while, before making a decision. "Good call. Tell em to clean up any informants and supporters of the kidnappers. We cannot afford having them ambush us on our quest."

Orsen nodded, and Mordred exited, having given his order. He was going to take a gamble. A gamble that might cost his life, but he did not bloody care. He was not weak, goddamit! He would prove this! For Addie! For Aless!

Interacting with: Aless

'Group invading villages, searching for princesses. Monster leading them, taller than any man. Giant. Unmerciful. Brutal. Killing and raiding homes. Will continue on, next missive to be sent in two days.
-KS'

Taller than any man.

The only man she had known to reach such height had been Mordred. He had been strong and brave, something she had once craved to emulate. Though not related by blood, he had took her in under his wing and protected her from Darius, even if it meant that he had to suffer in her stead. Eventually, he grew old enough to venture out on missions and had no choice but to leave her in Darius's care. However unjustified the sense of abandonment she had felt at his leaving still had wounded her.

To associate Mordred with this- as the spy had put it-monster, was a disservice to the boy who had practically helped raise her. Mordred was far from a monster.

Adelaide started as a presence settled at her side. Wrenching her attention away from the sloppily written missive, she turned to Aless. The grim set of her smile unsettled Adelaide in ways her cousin would never know. It was a cruel reminder of what her choices had caused the few loved ones in her life. Of course those choices could be rationalized. The lives of the Marked rested on their ability to overthrow Darius and restore peace. Yet the fact did brought little reprieve.

Adelaide nodded at the Aless's statement. Wordlessly she handed Aless the note. Waiting for her to read the letter, she glanced over the assembling rebels.

"They're searching for us," she said after a moment. "We can't sit idly by while people are getting hurt."

With a sigh, she tilted her head back and looked up at one of the men as he passed their table, swinging a goblet that carried a stench. Dark liquid sloshed against the brim as his abrupt movements disturbed the contents.

She scrunched her nose. Had they not any decency?

"Intervention would deter us from our objective," murmured Adelaide, mindful of the ears around them. "Darius should be our focus. If we don't act soon..."

She stopped herself, realizing that she was arguing with herself rather than gaining her cousin's advice. Placing her hands on the table, she released an exhale out of annoyance. She had already made up her mind. Or rather, the embedded desire to save everyone had made the choice for her. Whatever the consequences she would track down the miscreants responsible for these heinous allegations. Then what? Take them captive? Execute them? The very thought of killing was revolting to her, but she would do what was necessary to prevent the mindless killing. How could Darius send such men to retrieve her? Or had it been her uncle that sent them?

The questions swirling in her mind intensified the pounding in her temples. It had been months since her escape and now that the Marked were here she was anxious to start planning their attack on the castle.

Last edited:
Luca de Malvaela
Interactions: Pumpkid Pumpkid (Zeia) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Jayera)
Mentions: MagicPenguin MagicPenguin (Sera) MarieK MarieK (Adelaide) Morrighan Morrighan (Aless)​

1605859047437.pngDaily prayer ended with an obnoxious metal gonging. Any earlier and Luca would have had to restrain himself from giving a piece of his mind to whoever sounded the wake up signal. He stuffed Shaione's Tome into the pouch, then staring blankly at the ground for a minute. Everything was so sudden and... different in a way. Many of the rebels in the camp were dirty and would break some Constrictions just by standing in place; not that he or any other followers had a say in how non-believers lived. Gone was the cleanly lavishness of church grounds, replaced by the gritty reality of the Marked's situation.

As the cacophony of people's chatter outside grew louder, even reaching Luca's hut, he latched the pouch shut and hurried out.

The entire encampment was dirty by Shaionity standards. The people wandered briskly or nonchalantly, ignoring where they stepped and items of cloth they missed that dragged across the dirt. And yet, these people seemed just as dutiful as the priests. How was that even possible when everything was dirty? More importantly, he felt dirty. Having been dragged through the woods and led to a shabby little hut, they dashed away all his efforts to stay clean. A bath sounded paramount at this point.

But breakfast... Luca's stressed gaze softened at the smell of sausages and eggs; his stomach growled as he noticed one of the other Marked—a woman who appeared to be looking for someone—take some for her plate. Despite the camp's conditions, the mere sight of the food was enough to get him salivating. Surely getting a plate now wouldn't hurt...

Or so he thought for a split second. If he ate while in this soiled state of "decay," it would surely spread to the food. He reluctantly turned away from the Cook's display, hoping they wouldn't grow too cold by the time he returned, or if there would be any left... Would there? Luca paused again, looking back at the assortment of food. No matter how much his stomach pleaded, it was a matter of principle for him to clean himself before touching it, lest he fall near Iena's grasp.

So, he took a plate of eggs, sausages, and bread without eating it yet. Consumption would come after a cleaning; the plate was simply to ensure he had some for himself, nothing more. With that, Luca overheard some rebels mention a nearby pond with a little waterfall. Perhaps the magnificent falls would be a good place to bathe? There might have been some other men there, but Luca was fairly certain that that wouldn't be bothersome. Luca hummed as he strolled along the path he was pointed in, only now calm enough to take in the little things of nature at the side of the trail. Such as the bright green sprout, untouched by anything and ever so slowly growing. Or maybe the worm, shying away from surface level and into the damp soil; he seldom saw any of this while with the Church.

A short distance away, he spotted her: the missing princess, supposedly kidnapped, and in actuality the leader of a brewing rebellion. She sat alone at a table, save for a dark-robed woman. He had several questions for her, but he had a feeling their conversation wasn't one he should interject on, be it a result of the ominous nature of the stranger or the filthy, crimson stains barely visible on her cloth. Luca continued down the road, though keeping the sight in the corner of his mind.

He knew he was drawing closer to the waterfall from its uproarious crashing. But as he accidentally tracked dirt over the top of his shoes and stuck-out branches poked at his white robe, Luca began wondering if he'd even bothered to check around the encampment for metal tubs meant for standard bathing.

"Oh, I've seen a lot of bodies, honey. Some with a lot more curves and plentiful jugs."

Luca raised a brow as he continued walking on, now able to see the top of the falls. Curves and jugs? As in pottery? Perhaps the curve this man speaks of is referring to the jug's pouring lip? What does that have to do with bodies? The body of the jug itself?

After pushing a small branch out of the way, Luca finally saw the source of the voice: a white-haired man; he recalled seeing him among the Marked. "If I may interject, I knew of someone who owned enormous jugs bigger than myself with beautifully sculpted curves, it was most impressive." As he kicked through a small line of leaves, Luca now relished at the gorgeous sight before him, allowing his mouth to drop ajar in mesmerization and laid his plate aside. The waterfall crashing into the pond below. The mist shooting up into the air and displaying a translucent rainbow. The falls itself a heavenly white, drowning out much of the distracting noise one would expect out in the woods. The dark-skinned woman bathing nu—

His hands moved impulsively, echoing a loud 'slap' in the vicinity as he shielded his eyes the instant he realized. Luca stammered incoherent jargon as he whipped around, slipping on the mossy rocks surrounding the pond and falling flat on his behind. His face flashed with red. "Keep thyself's focus forward, not at a fellow's body with lust, for that is the path to decay... Keep thyself's focus forward, not at a fellow's body with lust, for that is the path to decay..." Breathe in, breathe out... This is on you, Luca, you did not expect a female to bathe here as well! And stop acting as if you're the one looking at her with lust. With one more breath, Luca stood back up, flipping his robe around and frowning at its new green stains.

He faced Jayera once more, his face still flushed with red. He was obviously looking everywhere but in the pond. Luca cleared his throat. "Erh, g-greetings, miss..."

Meanwhile, on a tree branch near the two princesses, Aless and Adelaide, a pearly white dove perched itself.

2C0C336E-A120-4167-8AA6-89D94C70055F.png
Alessandra

Aless took the parchment, her amber eyes scanning the words inked in Kyren’s telltale scrawl. It took every ounce of her self control not to puke up the bile that rose to her throat at the news. He was close, far too close, to finding them.

The assassin’s gaze lifted from the dire note to scan the camp for less than a breath, her movements casual and silken simply by force of will. She pocketed the parchment with a soft sigh and a lazy shake of the head, as though having read something of mild inconvenience, before standing and offering a hand to her cousin.

“Let’s head inside. These idiots are being so loud I can hardly hear my own thoughts. Besides, it’s been a long three days. Grab your food and let’s go.”

Adelaide had always been able to read between the lines of a conversation, and they’d long since mastered that casual method of hearing what wasn’t being said. Back in the palace, where the walls were made of secrets, the two princesses had been forced to learn how to communicate this way if they wanted any privacy at all. It was an art Mory...Mordred had never been able to master.

Aless fought the way her blood froze, fought the feeling of bile once again. She knew it was more than just the dire situation. It had been two days since she’d eaten, and three since she’d slept. It didn’t matter, though, not when there was so much at stake. They’d have to move camp within days, and getting Addie to listen to her was going to be difficult.

Especially when her dear cousin still refused to see the truth of what her brother had become, what he’d done.

Goddess, if you’ve ever cared for my useless life at all, please make her listen.

Petra Florence7cd97aed675c8b5be65390349f2de8ae.jpg
Interactions: Xan / Pumpkid Pumpkid & Open to @ everyone on Campsite

An icy area had formed beneath the two bodies on the ground, and it would seem Petra had, in fact, tackled a stranger to the ground. Despite her less-than-optimal way of introducing herself, it would seem the man in front of her did not take it personal to her great relief. The smile and reassuring words coming from the man's mouth made her sigh in relief, though being the energetic, careless person she was, the incident had been forgotten as soon as the moment had passed. No one had gotten harmed anyways, so there was no point in dwelling. Besides, she was already busy catching his name. Xan. An unusual name. "Xan?! I have never heard that name before!" Petra exclaimed in awe. Xan's handshake was firm, and even though he was taken aback by her sudden outburst of introduction, Petra paid it no mind - her focus already shifted. She had made a friend. Less than a day had passed and she had not gained one, but
three new acquaintances.

"Oh, they tried, all right," Petra replied to Xan's question about her being kidnapped. With a playful laugh, she removed her hood to rest on her shoulders before continuing her explanation energetically. "Two strangers came into my camp in the middle of the night. Though they weren't exactly well-versed in the area, so that did not work out too well for them, you know? In the end, they explained to me all about the Princess and now I am here -- looking for my parents and wanting to help these people if I can!"

As if it would answer the question by itself, Petra pulled the top of her shirt to the side to reveal her mark on the left side of her chest with a wide grin spread across her face. Despite the bad things happening to the Marked, Petra loved her powers. She did not mind being different - although she could not understand how it could be so bad to be what she was in this world. "You could say I am well-fit to be a traveler. My powers resonate well with nature."

To show what she meant with her words, Petra took off her glove and opened her palm. To begin with, the inside was empty and pale. Within a moment, the middle of her palm formed a green patterning and within there, a single flower bloomed. Once done, Petra presented it to Xan as her explanation about her powers ended. "Would that mean you have powers too? Are you maybe one of the Princess' followers?"

Petra gave a short time to respond before shooting in another question that was playing on her mind, "Did you come here by yourself..?"

Jayera
9cfa12caf2e89f06ee6e2f6c39c654f6.jpg
His opening comment amused her, Jayera comfortable enough in herself not to take such a thing to heart. She wasn't the most attractive woman in the world, she knew that much, but she was attractive enough and that's all that mattered. "Well, pardon me for assuming." She joked. There was a brief moment when she turned in the direction of the departing moon, the sun now hitting the water. She placed her palms together and muttered a small prayer before opening her eyes again. More people seemed to have the same idea as she, coming towards the waterfall to take their baths. The peaceful silence was soon replaced with splashing and laughter, much to Jayera's dismay. She would have to wait for the night to receive such a blissful sound and so far she couldn't wait. When he shrugged off the injury, she assumed it was because he was being stubborn. But, she didn't know who this man was so she didn't care enough to insist he let her take a look at it. His decline of her healing was followed by his decline to join her. Before she was able to make some sort of remark, a new voice took her attention, coming from a young boy.

It seemed he picked up on the earlier statement about curvaceous bodies, but that wasn't what he was talking about. It didn't take her too long before she realized he was talking about actual jugs. She smiled at him and nodded her head. "Jugs bigger than you, huh?" Jayera laughed to herself, not wanting to be the one to tell him how the previous man had meant it. He seemed so naive and innocent, so why ruin that for him? It wasn't until he realized that she was naked and bathing that she decided to exit the water and cover herself. It was one thing not to care in front of a grown man, but she figured this new companion of hers was still young. "And that would be my cue to exit." She stated with a smile. A few feet away from them lay her personal effects and she swam towards them. Once she emerged from the water she stood behind a tree to conceal herself as she dried off with a cloth then began to get dressed.

When she was finished, she tied her wet hair up into a bun and made her way towards them again. "You don't have to call me miss. You can call me Yera." She stated, noting how upset he was about his robe. "That is an easy fix, by the way." She reached into her basket, digging through the clothes looking for something specific. "There it is." There was a small, green vile in her hands that contained the same kind of soap she used to clean her own clothes. "Use a drop of that and you're good as new." It was strange that Jayera was so adverse to strangers yet she couldn't help but offer help to the two she had just met. She was still on the fence about the place, that much was sure, but she didn't feel any ill-intent from either one of them. "What's your name?" She asked before looking at the older male. "You too."

Interactions:
Zeia ( Pumpkid Pumpkid )
Luca ( StaidFoal StaidFoal )

Interacts with: Aless

Compliant, Adelaide rose to her feet and weaved through the rebels with Aless at her side. On their way out of the crowd, Adelaide grabbed an abandoned bowl full of rapunzel soup. The warmth of it chased away the chill that had settled in her bones as she held it near as to prevent spillage. As they left the common eating area, something white fluttered at the edge of her peripheral. Perched above on a gnarled tree limb was a dove. The dainty white wings seemingly glinted against the early morning sun, but she preferred the view of the moonlight riding upon the wings of a raven.

Blueberries, she remembered. She needed to get Nevermore some blueberries.

Adelaide followed Aless, allowing her to choose the destination. Her tent would be tidy as usual, but she found herself dreading the idea of returning there after suffering a nightmare two nights past. Not that she would voice her mind in the matter. Especially when Aless's countenance was so severe.

Steeling herself, Adelaide prepared a reasonable and detailed argument as to why they needed to help those who were suffering. She was not entirely sold on confronting a murderous band of wayward souls bent on destruction, but she knew they could not do nothing.

Sweeping aside the wisps of hair that had escaped the leather strap tied at the nape of her neck, Adelaide straightened her spine and pushed her shoulders back. If Aless would not intervene then she would.

But the thought of going against her cousin's wishes crumbled her resolve. Her stubborn will seemingly had an Achilles's heel.

6E3EEB1D-ABB5-4118-B783-F4182F006FE2.png
Alessandra
Interactions : Adelaide

Aless said nothing as she lead the way over to a group of large tents set up near the center of the camp, two of which belonged to her and Adelaide. Before entering her tent, the Marked sent out a brief wave of power, barely enough to even register, to the surrounding area as well as within. She’d learned the trick years ago ; a good way to detect unwanted visitors. Sensing nothing, however, she waved Adelaide inside.

The space was exactly as she’d left it three days prior. Her belongings - which were few - were put away save for the occasional glove or set of boots left lying about. Her cot was made, if a bit haphazardly, and her desk was more or less organized. A map covered in scribbles and marks took up much of the table, and a dagger had been stabbed through the image of the King’s crest in a corner. As she went around, lighting the few candles she’d remembered to leave out before departing, Aless chewed in her panic.

She didn’t want to start an argument, not when she’d only just arrived. Still...

“Addie, we aren’t safe here anymore. Daruk had far more intel on our movements in the North than we’d thought, and more and more of Darius’s men have been sighted in the region. We have to leave before they find us.”

7ED120AA-FD55-4D0E-BB47-8FB16A77BB5D.jpeg
Abelgard Müller the Plague Doctor

Sitting next to a tree after getting breakfast

And just like that, the duo now went ahead and towards the location of where breakfast was being served, and perhaps lunch and dinner as well considering it’s location. It was.... surprisingly peaceful... well, peaceful for a man whose mind is figuring out the best way to create a universal tranquilizer that would have great effect upon an individual no matter the dosage or the individual’s size... but other than that... quiet, with only the sounds of walking and nature reaching his ears. Of course, all things must arrive to a end sooner or later, this time, rather quickly, as some three other rebel members, who had something rather important news to say to the Princess, who turned to gave him a smile and pointed him in the direction of where the food is being served out.

Abelgard merely nodded at this, saying nothing more, and headed off towards to the location.... once again, entering the same state of loneliness.

‘Well, at least I had a conversation to pass the time, even as little as I said or the discussion being about a knock-out drug that I would need to create in the future. At least I still have you Nevermore to keep me company within this camp’

Abelgard thought to himself, as he made his way to the tent of where the food was being distributed to those within the line... Abelgard now taking his time to wait within the line until his turn to grab his fill. Few minuets later, the plague Doctor exited with a plate of something simple, and enough to keep him filled until lunch time, a plate of cooked eggs, toast, and some bacon on the side as well. Of course, his Raven companion was staring closely to the food, wanting to snatch a piece for its own consumption, and Abelgard knew about this, but before he could even mention a word, Nevermore acted and lowered its head and snatched a piece of bacon, before flying off to a nearby tree to devour its ‘hard’ earned food. Abelgard merely grumbled at what the Raven did, as Nevermore mimicked a individual laughing once more... before biting into the bacon with its powerful beak and trying its best to eat it.

Abelgard decided to go sit next to the tree and eat there... after all, Nevermore would come down any sooner or later, and he needed to continue eating breakfast. Making his way and sitting down next to the tree, the first thing he did was take off was his hat... which was mostly used as a symbol to show he was a Plague Doctor to others, but doesn’t seem to have any other use than to cover his head for on the sun like most other hats. After the hat was removed, that still left his mask and hood upon his head. Next.... he rose his hands to the bottom of his mask, gripping onto the leather and slowly pulling up, revealing more and more of the skin and flesh it was hiding underneath, a unsurprisingly pale skin that hasn’t seen much light within the sun. As more and more was removed, the more of the young Doctor’s face, before eventually, it was finally removed, revealing a face of an surprisingly young looking face of an adult, the blue eyes within their sockets looking around the environment, as the fresh air finally reaches his face. There were some signs of platinum blonde strands of hair still trying to reveal themselves underneath the hood, as Abelgard felt.... truly safe out here to show his face.

Taking one deep breath in, before letting one out, as he now focused on his breakfast, beginning to take the first few tastes of something other than rations. It was, good for the most part... he won’t get used to this for a while... but before he could continue on, another voice caught him off guard and caused him to quickly look in the direction of the person who said it... a woman who not only noticed the mask next to him and wondered if he was a medical professional, called herself by the name of Sera Albion, and is a trained physician. It was then the question of having a chat with the man would bother him, and quickly regaining his composure, he responded back with

“I don’t mind talking to someone else while having a meal. And my profession, well, by the mask alone you could tell I’m one of those Plague Doctors, but I also deal with things such as surgery as well.. so, what do you want the topic of this conversation to be?”

He questioned, wondering if it will be mostly about their professions and experience with those fields throughout their years.

MagicPenguin MagicPenguin

Silver
Interacts with - Sera ( MagicPenguin MagicPenguin ) / Anyone Trying To Enjoy Their Breakfast​
Somehow, the clatter of metal failed to wake the shapeshifter up immediately and she stayed peacefully asleep until Sera touched her shoulder. Silver woke in an instant, red eyes fixing on Sera as she growled, seemingly ready to give her another bite wound-

And then she clearly recognised the woman, hostility draining away. Silver hadn't been woken by another person before and it had taken a moment to remember where she was, but thankfully the memory came back before she could do any harm. The catgirl's demeanour quickly changed into one of affection, purring and gently headbutting Sera, ears pricking up at the mention of food. She was, in fact, hungry - as almost always. Shapeshifting required a lot of energy, after all.

Descending from the treetop hut at an unwise pace, she did at least wait for Sera at the bottom - though upon hearing that the healer was going to bathe she reacted, rather predictably for a cat, with disgust. Hissing at the very notion and the fur on her tail fluffing out, she made it very obvious that she would not be accompanying Sera to the water. Instead, she would sniff around the area where others were eating breakfast. The food wasn't recognisable to her and though she'd eaten Sera's rations last night, now she actually had the energy required to shapeshift she'd rather have something a bit... fresher.

She headed out into the woods, form seeming to shimmer as if seen through a layer of static, and then the mountain lion was stretching, muscles rolling under a bright silver coat. Even considering how above average her senses in human form being in this form was even better, every sound seeming louder, the scents stronger...

It didn't take long for her to catch the scent of a herd of deer and track them down, watching the group while crouched in the undergrowth. It was a relatively small group of mostly does and young fawns, with one stag watching over them. She slunk closer, belly low to the ground as she stalked her prey, ears pricked forward...

And then the wind changed. The herd panicked as they caught the scent of the cat and she snarled, bolting out from the cover of trees to give chase. Fast as she was, the deer were faster... aside from one doe, who seemed to be lame in one hindleg.

That one was too slow and would find itself with a mountain lion on top of it, jaws meeting the back of it's neck. The struggle was over almost as soon as it began, ending with gore flecked over the cat's silver fur as she dragged the carcass back to the camp, clearly very pleased with herself as she settled down where everyone else was trying to enjoy their breakfast and begun ripping into it with teeth and claws, aiming to get at her favourite organs.

Sera Albion

"Wonderful!" Sera would have clapped in delight if not for the plate of food in her hands. She sat down next to the man, on the side of him opposite the shoulder on which his bird was perched.

"Ah, I'm so glad I get to talk to another physician," she exclaimed. "I've been traveling from village to village for years now treating patients. Sometimes in smaller settlements or among nomadic tribes they have wisdoms or witch doctors who serve as their communities' physicians. They're nice to talk to--they often have knowledge about herbs and illnesses you don't get with a standard education, I've found--but this is the first time in a very long while I've gotten to speak with someone who's actually trained as a doctor and done any work as one."

In her excitement, Sera pelted the man with questions, hardly giving him a chance to answer one before she was started on another. Her brown eyes gazed at him while she spoke, shining with enthusiasm for their shared profession.

"Where are you from? What kind of training have you had? How long have you been working? What kinds of illnesses have you seen? From that mask, I'd bet you work with a lot of deadly stuff. I'd love to hear all about it! Oh, have you ever seen this strange disorder where a person grows hair all over their bodies except the palms of the hands and soles of the feet? I had a patient just the other day who was nearly stabbed to death with a silver kitchen knife because the fool villagers all thought he was a bloody werewolf! Would you believe that? After I sewed him up, I had to help him relocate and..."

On and on she went, about any curiosity that happened to pop into her mind, until before long she realized just how much she'd been talking.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. I haven't even asked your name. That was so rude of me. What should I call you, sir?"

Sera gave him her rapt attention. She picked at her food--which she'd only just remembered was actually there--while she let the poor man get a word in edgewise for a change.

Interacting: Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 (Abelgard/Nevermore)

Sylvia walked out of her sleeping quorots to see what was going on. she new there were more people coming in at random with escorts. she then turned around and began to walk around looking to see what was going on. if noting caught her attention she would go out and do some hunting or go check on the orphinage that she was at yesterday to see if they needed any thing. Silvia turned her head when she cought the scent of food so she headed in a new direction to see what was being cooked. she figured she would get to see alot of the other marked as they too would becoming to get food so she looked around the tables that were there before spotting once she like.

after a bit she grabbed some off that they were handing out to the people in the incampment and went to the table to observe all the ones moving in and around the commens area. she wanted to be able to guess who there abilities are as they came to eat.

Riza
Interactions (open)@ food place people

Since I am hungry, I get up and walk around glancing at other people trying to find some food. I eventually see a line of people and the smell of eggs and bacon wafts out the tent ahead of the line. Mmm bacon and eggs. I get in line and wait to get food. After a while I go toward the tables with the other people here. I sit down. "Hi, um what is this place?" I ask the nearest person. I see that my wings are getting in the way so I tuck them closer to my back. I glance at my food making my mouth water a bit. I grab some eggs and stuff them in my face, sadisfying my hunger. I then study the others that are sitting down between gulps of food. Waiting to see what they'll do. And trying to figure out there powers.

Last edited:
Interacts with: Aless

Aless's tent was how it usually was. Relatively tidy, the space was not cluttered by belongings. Other than the painting, the room was only filled with necessities. Stepping over a pair of boots, Adelaide made her way to the desk. Placing the bowl of soup aside, she glanced at the map there. The map with all of its many splotches of ink, had been kept unraveled. Splaying her hands against the crinkled map, she studied it. Darius's kind expanded across the great north, covering the mountainous terrain that stretched to the sea.

Tracing the land's expanse with her eyes, she wondered how close the group that searched for them was. Deep in her thoughts, she did not register what Aless had said.

She blinked and turned to face Aless. "What did you say?"

But in the same breath her mind processed the words and applied coherency.

"You wish to run?" she asked, incredulously. Her lips parted again, but she quickly clamped down upon the protest on her tongue. Instead, she gave Aless her back as she mulled over the woman's words.

Running away had never been appealing. At the time it had been necessary, but now they had others to fight with them. Gripping the top of the desk, she closed her eyes and gritted her teeth. The longer the king was on the throne the more blood would be spilled.

Aless was not unwise. Neither was she so given over to weaker motivations of the flesh such as impatience. But if they ran, what kind of fate would meet the innocent lives left behind to face the king's wrath? Darius would not stop until they were found.

An idea crossed her mind and slowly developed into a plan. She would trick the group and deter them from following them and possibly prevent them from continuing in their mindless, criminal rampages. The risk would be minimal and Aless would still be able to move the camp and train the Marked. Although she dreaded leaving her hard work behind, she saw no other way around it. Their first priority was to keep the Marked safe.

The tension carved deep into the breadth of her shoulders lightened and after a moment, she cleared her throat.

"I trust your judgement. If that is what you think is best, then that is what we shall do," Adelaide murmured.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back