• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
1606286043825.png Leonard Whitlock
Breakfast table -> Wandering camp perimeter

Silvers introduction elicited a soft chuckle from the blond haired man. For a brief moment she reminded him of one of the curious teenagers he had met in the nearby village before being kidnapped; then she cheerfully mentioned cannibalism, shattering any form of comparison. Leonard's features grew more serious; a deer was one thing but a human? That was another matter altogether.

“I've never had it cooked before... Is it any good? I like it fresh... You should try it." As the shapeshifter spoke Leo began to understand how contrary their experiences had been. His entire life had revolved around learning to bend social tenets to his advantage while Silver was completely unbound by them; it was equal parts frightening and intriguing. There was a long moment of silence as the blonde merchant contemplated his next words with care.

“I'm glad we can be friends Silver. I really am, but as a friend I'd like to give you some advice. Admitting to having killed someone, another human, can put people on edge and nervous people do dangerous things. We all have our reasons...” the memory of sliding a blade between the mans ribs, eyes full of shock and betrayal slowly growing dull, came crashing back unbidden. “We just need to be cautious of who we share them with.” Then the edge of his lips curled into the ghost of his former smile, “You're refreshingly honest. Its a rare trait.”

It was just then that the cook had someone deliver his dish to their table, another pair of men hurrying by to retrieve what was left of the deer. Leonard's hunger which was nearly banished by the serious conversation quickly reignited as the scent of sizzling meat with a sweet hint of juniper berry reached his nose. After wolfing down a few bites Leo offered, “You might have made more than one friend today, the cook seems to have put some effort into preparing this. Maybe you try some of this now and I'll consider trying some of the 'fresher' stuff next time?” pushing the plate toward Silver.

After breakfast Leonard planned to explore the camp and some of the surrounding forest. Over breakfast he shared the suggestion with his newest comrade in arms. Silver might already have other obligations but her presence would be welcome should she choose to tag along.

Mentions: WillfulWren WillfulWren

Last edited:
5C5EBA24-CE10-4F65-A264-6A1B51870743.jpeg
King Darius
Interaction: Mother Julia
Decades had come and gone since the throne of Kestramor had become his and his alone. The surrounding kingdoms fell one by one, each in turn bowing to his reign until only that which existed along the horizon lay outside his reach. Of course, his conquests often fought against his wisdom, but in time each spark of rebellion was snuffed out.

At least, that was what his intelligence had informed him. His armies crushed anyone who stood in the way of progress, and yet still word spread across the land of rebellion. How had these rebels managed to evade him?

The King watched calmly as another finger was broken, the screams of the wayward boy chained to the slab of ebony marble echoing off the black stone walls that kept his abilities at bay. The discovery of the Shalakyte in the Far East had been a turning point for his dominion over the Marked scourge, allowing him to contain them safely.

“I swear! I swear on my life I don’t know where she is! No one does! Our orders come from across the kingdoms, usually by bird or at drop-points...we aren’t permitted to meet anyone in person! Please, please, you have to believe me!”

Darius smiled, the expression almost fatherly, as he motioned for the soldier to step aside and give the man a reprieve from the torment. He stepped closer, his brown eyes indecipherable in the dim light of the cell.

“I do, but you have to know something of consequence. Tell me something I can use, and you have my word that you will be released.”

The boy was drenched in blood and sweat, tears streaming down his cheeks as he blinked up at the man who owned the world. He couldn’t have been older than seventeen, and yet Darius wondered idly if that made any hint of difference. A dog was a dog, regardless of its age.

“Our orders have been coming from somewhere further south, towards Evenbryre. That’s all I know. Please, let me go!”

With a smile, Darius laid a hand on the pommel of the sword at his belt. Then, with a nod to the soldier at his left, a blade was drawn and the rebel’s life ended.

“Get this cleaned up,” he commanded simply, already leaving the cell. “Have the body moved to the gates with the other examples. I expect this cell for for reuse by nightfall.”

Darius didn’t listen for a reply as he made his way out of the cell and up through the rows and rows of twin rooms of black stone. Soon enough he was back in the castle proper, sunlight pouring through the windows that lined the stone walls. Just as quickly as he’d made his way back into the castle, though, he was out again, headed toward the massive temple built across the grounds of the palace.

The massive glass doors of the temple opened at his approach, a small group of acolytes awaiting him in their robes of white and gold.

“Bring me to her.”

They obeyed, leading him through the magnificent halls of the temple to the inner sanctum, where a robed figure kneeled at the base of a massive alter structure. He stayed silent as the Priestess finished her prayers, but as she stood and turned to face him at last, she would find him already moving closer.

“It appears the Gods have blessed us.”

Petra Florence7cd97aed675c8b5be65390349f2de8ae.jpg
Interactions: Xan / Pumpkid Pumpkid & Open to @ everyone on Campsite

A laugh filled the air between them as Xan mentioned he wouldn't immobile her attacks, even if he could. "Better stay on your good side, huh?" Petra joked and pushed her elbow into his side - not thinking that it might be out of his comfort-zone to be this close to a stranger. To her, it was just a sign of their forming friendship. Xan's next words rang true; and a more serious expression formed on Petra's face for a brief moment. These people the Princess had gathered all suffered the same fate by the King's hand. Most lived in fear, on the run or both. It was not an ideal life to live. Hence why Petra had decided to stay. From what she knew of her parents, it would be their choice too.

"Don't apologize, you speak the truth," Petra's smile was more soft and calm with the more serious subject being brought up, "we are all just fighting for survival. In my opinion, this could be the start of something big. If you don't fight for it, who will?"

Petra did not pursue the subject of his friend, as it seemed the two had enough to find out on their own without another person meddling with their business. Though it was tempting to understand who this friend of Xan was. Xan's next question gave way for Petra's excited personality to shine through, as it had from the start. Another giggle followed by Petra's excited small jumps gave away her answer before the words left her mouth.

"You are actually the first person I assault--.. I mean met. I'd love to see more of the camp and the people around here!"

Silver
Breakfast table / camp perimeter
Interacts with - Leonard ( Fenris Fenris )​
Silver was clearly puzzled by her new friend's advice, watching him with that now familiar confused expression, brow furrowed. "It doesn't matter if they're on edge," She defended, "I can protect myself just fine."

Baring her fangs in a mock snarl then, chilling despite the playfulness- a stark reminder that she'd have no more issue with taking a human life than she had that deer. "I could protect you too. If anyone gets too... on edge and tries to do something I'll-"

Thankfully the shifter's imaginings of what horrors she'd inflict upon a potential threat where cut off as the arrival of the food distracted her. She had to admit it did smell good, if a little... Different to what she was used to. It took hardly any consideration for her to snatch a piece, wolfing it down and then... admitting it was good. Different and weird, sure, but actually pretty tasty.

If she'd been a strang companion before, it got worse out in the woods. Silver was definitely more in her element out here, but even as she tried to stay focused on Leonard she seemed to constantly get distracted by things he couldn't hear. The sounds of rodents in their burrows, the scratch of a squirrels claws on a tree trunk, even things he could make out like the flap of bird's wings all seemed to grab her attention, the predator constantly distracted by the sounds of the wildlife all around them.

At least she was no longer in a hunting mood. All this prey around did lead to some questions, however. "Hey, Leonard, can you hunt?"

Riza
Food table- Waterfall
Interactions Yera & Luca & Zeia StaidFoal StaidFoal Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Pumpkid Pumpkid

After I finish my food I begin to wander away from the table.then I lift off and I fly in a selected direction until I come across a beautiful waterfall. I fly down toward the ground and ignoring the other three people I set down near on edge and drag a large leafy branch over and strip then splash down into the wonderful water. time after time I splash and dive in the cool water my large wings covering my small figure. I finally feel cleaner than I was. Noticing that the other people are still here I make sure my wings cover my top and I wave to them "hello, its uh nice here isn't it?"

Sera Albion

Sera eyed Alessandra curiously. "Oh, uh, forgive my rudeness, Princess Alessandra," Sera replied, quickly turning her gaze to the ground in front of the other woman as well. "I wasn't aware of your identity." To be fair, the woman looked nothing like she would expect royalty to look, and she didn't carry herself in a particularly regal way either. In addition, Sera was fairly certain the blood on her clothing wasn't all hers, meaning she'd probably been in a fight recently, perhaps even badly maimed or killed someone. What kind of bloody princess was this supposed to be?

Sera cleared her throat awkwardly and tried to ignore the obvious tension between the two other women in the tent. Alessandra directed what Sera thought was an angry look at Adelaide, but rather than return it, Adelaide instead appeared guilty. The young doctor had obviously interrupted something quite heavy. Just keep your nose out of it and do what you came to do, she told herself anxiously.

"Y-yes, well...I suppose I should get started then, hm?" She rose to her feet and approached Alessandra. She gently prodded the woman's ankle, looked at it from every angle, turned it this way and that in a careful, clinical manner. In truth, she was just half-pretending to examine it with her eyes and hands while she used her ability assess the damage instead.

The internal workings of Alessandra's body became clear to her. The ligaments in her ankle had been pulled beyond their natural limits, but they hadn't torn, which was an encouraging sign. Probably twisted the wrong way, a classic sprained ankle. It'd probably swell up and heal itself within a few weeks, so long as the "princess" didn't engage in too much strenuous activity.

Ordinarily, for an injury such as this, Sera wouldn't even bother to use her ability to fix it. Too much risk of exposing herself as Marked just to heal an injury that wasn't life threatening and would mend itself given time and care. Instead, she'd simply give the patient some medicine for pain and tell them not to put any weight on it for a week or two. If anything, she might use her ability to speed up the healing process, manipulate it to mend faster than it should--perhaps a few days instead of a few weeks--and with less pain, but not so quickly or so painlessly that it would seem unnatural to the untrained observer.

Out of habit, Sera began to do just that for Alessandra. She spoke as she rummaged through her bag for the appropriate herbs to mix for an inflammation and pain reducing concoction. "This isn't too bad. Just try not to put too much weight on it and--"

Sera stopped searching through her bag and considered where she was. The middle of a camp full of Marked rebels with two Marked princesses who were probably as much at risk of death as her if any of them were caught by the king. Why did she need to hide what she could do from them?

"...Actually, never mind," she said, barely suppressing a grin. "I can fix this right up. No problem at all." She laid hands on the woman's leg again. This time, instead of simply observing her anatomy, Sera affected it.

She willed Alessandra's ligaments back into proper alignment and reversed the swelling process that had already been in progress. It took barely more than a thought.

While she was at it, she sped up the natural healing process for a few cuts and bruises Alessandra had accumulated on various spots across her body. They disappeared from her skin in seconds as if they'd never been there. She did what she could to ease the woman's tired muscles so she should not be so sore from overexertion. She happened also to notice her stomach was nearly empty--it was constricting and spasming, causing it to growl. Her brain's activity, as well as her bloodshot eyes, were both consistent with someone who had not slept in quite some time. Though she easily could, it wasn't really a good idea to ease symptoms of those particular issues. If she did, people were likely to forego sleep and food because they did not feel the lack of them due to her interference in the body's natural processes.

Right now, though, she was exulting in the sudden freedom she felt to be able to use her natural-born gift in a way she was usually too afraid to. Against her better judgement, Sera did it anyway. She caused the stomach to stop growling, to function as it normally would if it had food inside of it, and also caused it to stop sending signals to her brain about hunger. She did what she could to erase the effects of prolonged wakefulness on the brain and body, giving Alessandra the benefits of a full eight hours of sleep without so much as resting her eyes.

The whole process took perhaps a minute, maybe a little less. "I've done what I can for you," Sera told Alessandra. "Your leg is good as new. I've tricked your body into thinking it's eaten and slept, so you'll feel better, but it's important to remember you still need to actually eat and sleep. Especially eat. I can make you feel as if you've done both, but I can't actually provide you the energy you're supposed to get from food."

Sera gave the woman a stern glare while she lectured Alessandra. Caught up in her work, she'd apparently forgotten all about not bruising royal egos. Now she was just a doctor talking to a stubborn patient instead of a royal subject at the mercy of a potentially angry princess's whims. "You must make sure to eat something as soon as possible and, if you can, get at least eight hours of sleep. If you don't, the long term effects of neglecting your health--which you obviously have been--will catch up with you sooner than you think."

Her work finished, Sera stood. Her stern doctor facade gone, she curtsied deeply again for the two women, once more just a meek young girl fearful of their noble wrath.

"If there are any others in your party who require care, Princess Alessandra, I beg you please allow me to help them as well."

Interacting: Morrighan Morrighan (Alessandra) MarieK MarieK (Adelaide)

Interacts with: Aless and Sera
Open for Interaction

The respect and honor Sera displayed was unsettling within the tensed atmosphere. However, Adelaide gave a polite nod of gratitude. However much it unsettled her, she had instant respect for Sera who, despite being kidnapped to join the dangerous campaign, remembered society's protocols. What was more, her gesture appeared genuine- as if she truly desired to honor royalty.

It was not so much that she bowed, but the kindness which she extended that stole the words from Adelaide. Fortunately, Aless spoke. Following Aless's response and imposed restraint to bear up under the stress Adelaide created, she moved toward the exit, but waited for Sera's prognosis. Once she ensured Aless would recover, she slipped from the tent.

She should have been grateful to have escaped a lecture. Instead, she felt empty and drained. The rebellion had been difficult enough without the strain between the cousins.

Following the path down a row of tents, Adelaide stopped at a large tent with three sides. The missing front made it so that a breeze could alleviate the heat coming from where a blacksmith hammered steel over an open flame. In spite of the cool wind, the fire was unbearable as she entered.

At the sight of her, the blacksmith pulled back and wiped the sweat from his brow as he smiled. "Princess. How are you?"

"Curious." Adelaide gestured to the weaponry scattered across the tables lining the back of the tent. "I came by to see if you had any bows and arrows to spare?"

He nodded and gestured to one of the tables. "Take as you want."

She thanked him and went and retrieved an ordinary bow as well as a quiver of arrows. Had she practiced as Darius had wanted, perhaps she would have been better prepared to fight in a war. As it were, she was more adept at shooting arrows than wielding a sword or hand-to-hand combat.

After instructing some of the men to set up a larger training area, she began shooting targets crafted out of old boards hanging on trees. Later, she would tell the Marked about the smithy and training area, but for now she needed the physical exertion to work out some of the tension that weighed heavily on her shoulders.

Any background noise diminished as she called to mind an illusion and focused on it. In the midst of it, her senses dimmed and her migraine finally lightened. As if peeling back a corner of a picture, she looked through the illusion and aimed for the target before her. Breathing out, she released the nocked arrow and it found the center of the target. She repeated the process of shooting and retrieving the arrows with no consideration for time.

Last edited:
1606358766896.png
Leonard Whitlock
Wandering camp perimeter -> nearing two fellow rebels

Despite initial indication, Leonard had not only survived but actually enjoyed breakfast quite a bit. He still didn't fully understand Silver and she in turn hadn't been entirely receptive to his advice. Clearly the shapeshifter had developed her own way of dealing with situations, even if they seemed a bit extreme to someone less accustomed to the wilds. The fact that she had even offered to protect him hadn't gone unnoticed, another stark contrast to the men and women Leo had grown up with.

Once out of camp and in the outlying forest Silver really came alive. The forest practically buzzed with unseen life, filling her with an erratic energy that made Leo appear blind by comparison. The wilds, beautiful as they were, were not his forte. Still he should be able to spot the supply routes into camp, maybe get a better feeling for the flow and availability of goods. "Hey, Leonard, can you hunt?"

He was still trying to spy whatever creature Silver had spotted in the underbrush as he answered, “I can hunt down the best priced furs in any given town between here and the capital.” a sheepish grin slit his features before he continued, “but I've never brought down a deer myself. However, someone did once show me how to build a trap for rabbits and I'm half decent with a knife.” Leonard quickly produced a well worn pair of palm length blades from beneath his cloak to bolster his point.

“They might not be as impressive as yours, but I have my own kind of fangs.” With a practiced motion the merchant sent the blades spinning into the air in a continuous loop, catching and releasing them. Even nearly tripping over a wayward root wasn't enough to stop the motion, though a perceptive eye might have caught the alteration in the blades flight midair to compensate. “Why do you ask? Is it my turn to receive some advice?” Perhaps a minute down their current path two more figures held a conversation, though Leonard hadn't yet picked out the sound of Petra's excited voice or Xan's more measured response from the surrounding woods.

Mentions: WillfulWren WillfulWren / walking toward Pumpkid Pumpkid LeelLu LeelLu

Xan Blackwell
: Near Camp / Interactions: Petra & Leonard & Silver LeelLu LeelLu Fenris Fenris WillfulWren WillfulWren
69c26320c4befb1494dafc2653a1e7a0.jpg Xan chuckled making not about Petra's personality. So far she was an eccentric yet peppy, chatter box and playful kind of gal as if nothing can faze her. He wondered if the others were lively as her. Being a Mark can be restraining, but in the midst of it one must try their best to live their life to the fullest extent. No matter the burden, life is a gift when shared with someone.

Xan grunted as Petra nudged him out of his thoughts when jesting about being wary over him. Her demeanor switched as she glanced at the campsite agreeing with his views. She too spoke the truth about willing to fight for freedom. It was a now or never situation with a great advantage to stand beside the princess. Then a curious question popped up. If the king were dethroned, would the princess be a better suitor? What are her true goals and would it benefit the marked? He supposed time would tell while he's waiting. The blonde went on to confess that Xan is the first acquaintance since her arrival. Although the first part about being assaulted was questionable, he decided to brush it off for now. She was harmless to his knowledge. "Well then, we should check what the camp has to offer and-"

For the second time today, the raven-haired bumped into another person, face bumping into their chest. Xan grunted and rubbed his face as he staggered backwards. He looked up met with a well chiseled male with dirty blonde hair and behind him a human woman with animalistic features including their tail and ears. Xan was taken aback shocked by her appearance. He shook his head embarrassed for staring too long not just at the cat but the man as well. A red blush dusts his cheeks. "I am so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going. This is the second time today." He chuckled nervously rubbing the back of his head.

Last edited:
He appeared safe for he sensed not a soul barring himself and Othar within the shed. Shelmithuh did not sound the alarm either, meaning she sensed nothing disturbing. No beasts of this kingdom nor people approaching to which the mystic prince was grateful for. It lessened the risk of potentially harming someone. Riled up still from being kidnapped, the prince hoped the attacker that had been blasted into the wall had been killed or, if not, was at least suffering some broken bones and bruises from his attack. Perhaps that will teach him to kidnap someone else, thought Holwell.

Unaware that Acolyte was alive and searching for him, as well as the Sect of Sibhaki, the prince sighed as his headache was still prominent. Othar squeezed himself out of a hole and shook himself before curling up on the floor and falling asleep, the pseudo dragon apparently having spent his energy for the morning. At least for now anyway. Unfortunate the pseudo dragon species could not breathe any elements but they could camouflage themselves and that is what Othar did, his scales changing until he was invisible and resembled the brown floorboards and wall slats.

Unable to find peace meditating, he opened his eyes and looked around before uncurling his legs and lying upon his blanket. Staring up at the ceiling, the monk sighed to himself and concentrated on his photo-umbrakinesis ability. Twin balls of light and darkness appeared above his head, melding together until the light was trapped within the darkness. It lasted but a mere five minutes before dissipating and another long sigh escaped the think before he attempted to sleep off his headache.

7cd97aed675c8b5be65390349f2de8ae.jpgPetra Florence
Interactions: Xan / Pumpkid Pumpkid , Leonard / Fenris Fenris , Silver / WillfulWren WillfulWren

It would seem Petra had been lucky, to run into someone she got along with right away. By her logic, the Marked seemed to be shy of crowds - especially if their powers were difficult to conceal or their Mark was in a position difficult to hide. Luckily, not all would struggle with the same and could blend in to the crowds with some practice. Blending in was not exactly her strong-suit, but the point was still valid. The King was not exactly a compassionate man on the subject of people out of the ordinary and so for once she was happy to blend in with powers that could easily be concealed if she chose not to utilize them. Why were they the ones who had to hide? They were like ordinary people - good and bad - though their powers made them stand out more. A thoughtful sigh escaped Petra's lips before Xan cutting his sentence short brought her back to reality.

Petra spun around and gazed straight into a man's chest, jaw popping open to leave a surprised expression on her face. She then trailed the clothing until the chest she stared at matched a face. Upon meeting more of what she assumed were rebels, a smile replaced the surprised gaze. "Wow, you're really tall!" Petra exclaimed with a laugh. The man in front of her was indeed tall, with a chiseled jaw and blonde-ish hair. Upon first glance, Petra could not see the girl behind their first encounter - but after noticing her, it was difficult to un-see her in a way - considering she had a long, fluffy tail and feline ears. Possibly a part of her Marked abilities if she had to take a wild guess? The words left her mouth before she could take a second to think about it:

"You're.. You're a cat."

sylvia looked over the train forany other signs of where the monk had gone. with a winged horse such as his he would be able to cover a lot of ground in very little time but she was not the best for no reason. she stood up and started walking for a bit to give her a chance to recover some of her energy to continue on the path she was headed. pulling out a hidden water bag she pulled down her mask and took a few gulp to quinch her thirst before putting it away again before moving on once more. if she was luck she fould find him a few before the sun came up the next day. looking up to the sky she could see that the sky was getting dark. so she took off once more now that she had time to let her body recover some. taking to the trees she once again contined to follow the few tracks that were left byt he winged horse until she came to a tempel. if it were her this place would be the best place to stay because it would have food and shelter for both him and his beasts to reast with out much problem so she walked over to a treee she found suitable and hopped up in to it to reast untill he was ready to leave.

Luca de Malvaela
Interactions: Pumpkid Pumpkid (Zeia) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Yera) FuzzySheep12 FuzzySheep12 (Riza)
Mentions: None​

1606466910225.pngNever in Luca's sheltered life had he met such a nerve-wracking, garderobe-scrubbing, knot-faced man so full of hogwash. Who was he to barge in with his heathen thoughts, explaining how his way of living was better—as well as breaking the Constrictions—and act so carefree? He looked to the side and pouted. "How preposterous! It is no wonder that you—!" Lest they are heretical, maintain compassion and fairness to all who thyself meets. Luca vented his frustrations through an exasperated sigh and clenched fists. He couldn't blame them if they disagreed with Shaionity, especially with the 7th Constriction calling for the Marked's capture.

It was then Yera gave an answer to his question, revealing the intricate mark on her hip. "Ah... Right... I was simply making sure." He looked at Zee, expecting a similar answer, but instead being asked the same question in return. Right. Asking them of their powers would only make them curious of my own. Luca's gaze drifted to the side, narrowing slightly. He shyly gave a soft "Mhm," and hesitantly tucked the robe over his left shoulder away. Through a few more layers of clothing, there would be the symbol of a bird flying upwards with a halo surrounding its head. After a few moments' worth of exposure, Luca swiftly covered it again with his clothes. "I was only reassuring myself that you were marked as well, so I knew I wouldn't be..." Alone.

Something then burst from the nearby treetops, flapping its wings as it landed on the flinching Luca's head. Luca paled at the suddenness, cautiously reaching up above his hood. The boy grew less tense as he touched the dove's puffy chest, holding his hand out for the little bird. It cooed, hopping from his hood and onto his hand. "Oh, Cleo, you frightened me!" Luca gently stroked the dove. His face grew far calmer than during Adelaide's introduction or his conversation with the two at the falls. He looked back at them, who were probably confused at the sight. "This is my first dove I that I tamed with my... power... She must have followed me during the kidnapping and thought I'd need her to help me escape." The dove cooed more and more, inciting Luca to nod each time as if he understood. His brow faintly twitched as he continued stroking Cleo. So it's not only Adelaide, but runaway royal Alessandra leading the rebellion?

Luca flinched as another voice called out to them. Cleo flew off from his hand, perching itself on among the treetops. The source of the voice came from within the pond: a woman waving at them with a simple greeting. Thankfully, her top was covered by... a mosaic of colors? It was like... "The stained glass of a church... Majestic..." he muttered.

Food I think for Shelmithuh first. With that thought in his head, the monk headed towards the livery in hopes of indeed getting feed for Shelmithuh, planning on getting enough oats that his money would buy him. He needed enough feed to last until they got back to his uncle's residence and he needed to get some directions about where he even was but those could easily be bought for a price...whether the exchange of a few coins or a few drinks and a slippery tongue. He might be a practicing monk now, ever since he'd left to escape his stepmother's desire to kill him, but it was a good cover. Who would suspect a simple monk of being the rightful heir of a foreign kingdom on another continent barring his uncle who knew who he was? Though he had to admit, his uncle wasn't the most friendliest of sorts, and it would have been nice to have a respectable family member within the Solstice continent but he chalked that up to the stress of his uncle being...well lonely in Holwell's opinion. Regradless, Uncle Darius had taken the prince in, so he was grateful for that. That was partly why the prince didn't care what his uncle did to the rebels within his own kingdom. As far as he was concerned, it wasn't his right nor his place to interfere in political rivalries in a kingdom not his own.

However, for Holwell's own safety, the prince had remained a monk within the castle and posed as such. It was the best disguise, as he could figure out and things had been going well....until two evenings ago when he'd been kidnapped from the bar he'd visited. Who needed camoflauge power when one could just as easily blend into society in a different way? Whistling, Othar scrambled up onto a log and then up into a tree before leaping off into the air and following his master towards the livery. The teen had not brought his staff with him, not needing it for a simple visit so he'd have to rely on his knowledge of how people acted and his wits...and his powers if necessary though he preferred not to use his twice-blessed powers for such help, Acolyte being the only one other one that was twice-blessed by the God of Life and Death himself. As for Holwell's twice-blessing...he wasn't sure where that came from. Mother had not been a marked.

Silver
Outskirts of camp
Interacts with - Leonard ( Fenris Fenris ), Xan ( Pumpkid Pumpkid ) and Petra ( LeelLu LeelLu )
Silver watched the merchant with her head tilted to the side as if considering some problem - though she did smile at the sight of his knives, it was clear when he tripped that he... did not have the skills she was looking for. The shapeshifter's own steps were light, practically soundless with the easy grace of a predator.

"There's no point giving you advice, you'd scare all the deer away before you even got close enough to use your...fangs. Deer are fast, and if they get scared they run and then... Then you don't get to eat. Humans are much easier to hunt, their ears and noses are so bad they never seem to notice anything until you're close enough to get them."

And here was living proof of this fact as a human walked straight into her companion seemingly without noticing a thing. Silver had been aware of the pair ahead of them for a while, but clearly they hadn't sensed the arrival of the newcomers.

She lingered slightly behind Leonard, watching the two - this was a lot more humans than she was used to being around, after all, but then the woman would speak and the cat like girl would frown, tilting her head to the side. If this woman wanted to state the obvious then Silver could play at that game. "And you're a human?"

1606546151218.png Leonard Whitlock
Wandering camp perimeter -> bumping into fellow rebels

Silver appeared to to contemplate for a but a heartbeat before decisively shattering any delusions Leo might have harbored. It was a bit disappointing that there would be no tricks of the trade forthcoming, knowledge after all was much like a currency with a value of its own; even if the blonde couldn't implement it himself. A soft chuckle hid some of the embarrassment at overlooking that root and nearly taking a dive as he replied, “Point taken. The advice then, would be to leave the hunting to you. I'd regret chasing off such tasty meals as this mornings breakfast.”

Leonard braced himself just in time to avoid being thrown off balance again as a dark haired man with piercing blue eyes bumped into him. The other staggered back a step seeming even more surprised than Leo at their sudden collision, his eyes widening in shock before he brushed it off with a shake of his head. The apology which followed seemed genuine enough to put an easy going smile on Leo's face as he hastened to stash the blades he'd been juggling beneath his coat as not to appear hostile. “Please think nothing of it, I should have watched my step as well. Surely its but a trick of fate to walk into one another in such a large forest.”

"Wow, you're really tall!" A woman in practical traveling attire with hair a tinge lighter than his own noted with a laugh, drawing Leonard's attention. She was around the same height as her companion and appeared just as friendly as her eyes darted to something or someone behind the merchant. It was only then that he noted Silver had lingered behind, perhaps purposefully allowing the two to collide? He hadn't been able to put a finger on her sense of humor yet, though she seemed more guarded than entertained. Perhaps her instinct was picking up on something he couldn't sense? "And you're a human?"

Despite her frown the shapeshifters response plastered a merry grin on Leonard's face, “Not your greatest perceptive feat of the day but please let me know if anything else catches your eye.” the shallow tease spoken in hopes that Silver would indeed let him know if she sensed anything off about the pair. Unless she did however, Leonard was perfectly happy to return their kindness, “We were out exploring the camps perimeter. Silver here, is something of an expert...oh, by the way my name is Leonard. As I was saying, she thankfully decided to tag along. Unlike a market square being tall isn't very helpful here, I can't peer over top the underbrush and trees even if I had my cart to stand on.”

Zeia Reyes
Location: Waterfall / Interactions: Yera, Riza, Luca Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess StaidFoal StaidFoal FuzzySheep12 FuzzySheep12
9106ea8742c6d68275506eb1bc434f08.jpg It was no surprise Luca would grow offended and blow up over sacrilege. It was, however, impressive the kid could compose themselves with breathing exercises before answering Zee's question by lifting his layers of clothing and revealing a mark resembling much of a holy looking bird. It was ironic just as his mark was ironic given Luca's status of how serious he is with his faith.

Zeia still remained faithless even after a dove makes an appearance and lands on top of the boy's head. Zee quirked a brow curiously, his heart warmed for the kid when he explained the bird's purpose for showing up. Even a bird worried about a mark's well-being. He must have gone through something to rely on animals. Honestly, if Xan wasn't around he would probably be the same way.

Zee's attention diverts to splashing in the waterfall. Of course they weren't alone. It seemed the waterfall is a popular place to relax and honestly, it was. The sound of water even perked his ears. "Ok...who else is hiding in the bushes ready to come out?! " Zee called out searching any more people going to pop out and explain themselves.

Xan Blackwell
Location: Campsite / Interactions: Leonard, Silver & Petra Fenris Fenris WillfulWren WillfulWren LeelLu LeelLu

69c26320c4befb1494dafc2653a1e7a0.jpg Petra's reaction to the feline woman didn't seem to come across as polite to the teasing girl returning the gesture. He hoped it wouldn't start any arguments and hopefully the cat could understand how it's uncommon to witness such features. Nonetheless, she is a beauty the same as any other being.

He turned to the man who introduced himself as 'Leonard' and apologized as well. "I suppose it is fate in some way." He chuckled. Leonard gave an explanation to what the pair were doing. It was a coincidence that they were going to do the same. "Oh, I see. My acquaintance, Petra," He gestures to the blonde "...and I were about to explore camp and see what it has to offer. Oh! Uh, where are my manners? My name is Xan, it's nice too meet you two." Xan listened to Leo's joke about his height finding it odd at first before piecing things together. His slick voice, his charm and small hint was easy enough for Xan to recognize the man as he has stolen plenty from vendors and merchants. The attire was the one thing that threw him off. Xan made no attempts to say anything about his identity. "Cart? Market square? Are you by chance a big spender?" He asked purposely sounding clueless. "I'm not so sure there are stores here unfortunately, and I don't think there is anything wrong with being tall. It makes them look distinguishable." He sends a warm smile. "Are you by chance marked as well?"

Last edited:
7cd97aed675c8b5be65390349f2de8ae.jpgPetra Florence
Interactions: Xan / Pumpkid Pumpkid , Leonard / Fenris Fenris , Silver / WillfulWren WillfulWren

It was too late to re-think her wording to make it come out less.. Direct. Even though Petra's intention was not to be rash or rude, many a situation ended up much worse than this due to the lack of filter between her brain and her mouth. At least Petra could be considered honest, for better or for worse. A panicked expression widened across her face when she realized her mistake. "I didn't mean to -- What I meant was -- I don't --" Petra struggled to get the right words out and when she realized there was no point, the damage was already done, she huffed and made a grimace: "I am sorry for my rude introduction."

Petra hung back for a moment and listened in to the conversation between Xan and Leonard. When her name was brought up, her eyes widened in joy for a moment and she waved to the pair in an awkward manner. Not a great first impression, but on the bright side, it could only go up from here. Or so one would think. In honesty, Petra was still enthralled by Silver as she had not come across anyone like her before. Her attempt to be polite forced her attention to the ground. It made her more curious to get to know the girl than anything, she had so many questions. Was she a marked like the rest of them? Was Leonard a marked as well? They had to be - if they wandered the perimeter so freely, right?

"Did you guys see the Princess' speech? Are you perhaps joining the rebellion? Or maybe you were part of it from before.." Petra's usual peppy behavior was back within a short time and she eyed Leonard and Silver up and down in excitement, looking for anything that could give her more information about the pair. Despite her very.. Loud and eccentric personality, her eyes showed signs of caution in the presence of the two strangers. Without thinking nor asking her new acquaintance if he would actually join without his friend, Petra patted Xan's shoulder and grinned widely, "Me and Xan are joining her cause. Sounds exciting, doesn't it?!"

Jayera
9cfa12caf2e89f06ee6e2f6c39c654f6.jpg

She would be lying if she said Zee's comment on religion didn't offend her. While she didn't devote herself to a strict God or Gods, she did devote herself to the Moon. Could it be possible that it was her Marked abilities that brought her back from the brink of death? Sure. But she'd rather believe in something than living her life uncertain of how her spirit would end up. That and the fact she was raised on the belief that the Moon brought her back anyway. She wasn't in the market of questioning anything on the off-chance that it truly was the moon that brought her back seeing as it could possibly take her gifts away. Again, who knew? She watched as Luca began to tell him off before stopping himself before he could say anything more. It brought a smile to her face watching how fiery he had gotten before looking to Zee. "Ah, so I assume you're a man without faith? You may be okay with being a faithless man but for others, it isn't a waste of time." She said matter of factly. "In fact, it could be someone's way of life. Without it, some people are lost." He then asked her if she were willing to get to know him, to which she simply shrugged her shoulders with a smirk. "Oh, I don't know if you'd want to be in the company of someone religious." It was a joke, of course, but she couldn't help but tease her new acquaintance.

Once she showed her mark to the world, she dropped her arm to her side. Her two new companions weren't as forthcoming with their marks as she had been, which was no doubt because they weren't comfortable yet; that is, until Luca showed them his mark. He cut himself off before he finished his sentence, causing her to tilt her head a bit. If the Princess wanted them here to fight with her, for her, how was this seemingly innocent boy going to assist them with that? Not saying he wasn't capable but at the same time saying he didn't look it. After glancing down at the intricate design, she nodded her head back to Zee. "Well, we showed you ours aren't you going to show us yours?" The way she said it was sure to be missed by Luca, the jug comment evidence of it, but she expected the more experienced male to pick up on the comment as she stared at him. She opened her mouth to speak when something darted out of the trees. The white creature landed on Luca's head, Yera watching in awe. He then started talking to the bird which made her look at him awkwardly before he started to explain. "So animals is your gift?" She asked, nodding her head. "Pretty nifty when you're in wooded areas."

He seemed more at peace with the bird, his body language an indication of that even though Yera could feel it. There seemed to be another addition to their group, someone she had noticed splashing around. She couldn't help but cover her mouth to prevent her from laughing at Zee's reaction. "You're quite the negative nancy, aren't you?"

Interactions:
Zeia ( Pumpkid Pumpkid ) Luca ( StaidFoal StaidFoal ) Riza ( FuzzySheep12 FuzzySheep12 )

Riza
Waterfall
Interactions Yera & Luca & Zeia StaidFoal StaidFoal Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Pumpkid Pumpkid

I notice that they are staring at me. I make sure my wings cover my body as i walk over to talk to the small group. I manage to get over there just fine, I was really sure i was going to fall after stepping on the sharp rock back there. " hi, my name is Riza, what are your names?" i pick my nails, suddenly a bit shy at meeting new people. usually im not this nervous. i glance down at my beautiful blue wings, they appear to be shining. I take another step forward and yelp a bit as the equivalent of stepping on a lego pains through my foot, i pull my foot up it has a small cut and a sharp stone in it. "give me a sec.." i take the stone out of my foot and through it back into the water. My foot is bleeding slightly. " it'll heal in a bit" i mumble to my self.

FCB2389D-F6E9-4A95-8921-C41C2D8820B4.png
Alessandra
Interaction : Sera
Alessandra flexed her muscles, admiring the her skin - free of cuts for the first time since childhood - and the way her body had healed.

If she weren’t an assassin capable of weaponizing darkness, Aless might have been horrified by the miracle Sera performed. The total lack of pain in her body was jarring - foreign even - after so many years of constant sore muscles and hidden wounds. She wasn’t shocked to find her mouth ever so slightly shape as she marveled at the way her body obeyed without so much as a twitch.

Alessandra couldn’t remember the last time she’d been spoken too like that ; like a normal person. Growing up, every single person she’d encountered treated her as if her words were honey and her wishes spun of gold. Servants heeded her every whim, she’d been educated far beyond the level of most women, and the only people she heeded were a handful of men who just so happened to own the world. As an assassin, she’d cultivated a name for herself, and a reputation that earned the respect of other career criminals across the kingdom. Here, she was the second in command - with all the responsibilities and bootlicking that brought along - of the whole damn rebellion.

And yet here was a little healer, with her pretty robes and sure fingers, somehow managing to look down her nose at a killer at least an inch taller than her. There was something invigorating about it, that total lack of fear in her brown eyes. It made Aless cock her head at the woman and grin.

“Well, Darkness take me...you are positively deadly...”

Sera Albion

Sera couldn't suppress an amused smile watching Alessandra first gape in seeming disbelief, her mouth hanging open like a fish out of water, then move and twitch her limbs about as if she'd momentarily forgotten how to use them properly.

"Well, darkness take me...you are positively deadly," the woman eventually said when she could again find words. Was that a note of awe in the woman's voice, Sera wondered? She felt indescribably happy that she could not only help a patient in such a profound way, but also that she could use her "gift" to do it for once without fear of the king's henchmen watching her from the shadows.

"I'll take that as a compliment," she replied with a chuckle. The doctor had been a bit worried she'd gotten carried away with her stern, clinical lecturing earlier, but Alessandra didn't seem too bothered by it. That was a relief. Sera wouldn't want a repeat of what had happened in Nulkairn when she'd accidentally upset its baron a few months back by addressing him with the wrong honorific. "Feel free to come find me if ever you or anyone else needs medical attention. I'm always more than happy to provide it."

Sera glanced around the tent and pursed her lips thoughtfully. Adelaide was no where to be seen. She must've slipped out of the tent while Sera was focused on her work. What a curious pair these two royals were, she thought idly. Adelaide was supposedly in charge of this "army," such as it was, but the guilty look on her face and the angry look on Alessandra's when Sera interrupted them, plus the way the woman all but vanished the very second she had the chance...it made it seem like the rebel leader might have been on the receiving end of a stern lecture of her own about something. It was almost like Alessandra was the one calling the shots, not just a second-in-command. Curious, indeed.

"It wasn't my intention, but I seem to have interrupted something quite important," she said. "I apologize for my rudeness. I'll take my leave of you now. I'm sure you've got quite a lot to do." She paused for a second, quite deliberately, before going on. "After you eat your meal, that is, of course," she finished with a sweet smile.

Sera gave the princess another respectful bow and moved toward the tent entrance to leave the rebels' second-in-command to work in peace.

Mentioned: MarieK MarieK

Interacting: Morrighan Morrighan

Breathless, Adelaide released the final arrow and watched it sail through the air and land on its intended target- though not the middle at which she had taken aim. Weakened arm muscles protested in subtle, painless twitches beneath her skin. For a moment, she dropped her arms at her side and permitted them rest. Around her, the forest pieced itself back together as the illusion her mind had crafted slowly diminished and like an old, annoying friend that could not be shaken, the migraine returned. Per usual, the fleeting relief that exercising her gift afforded her was overshadowed by the enfeebled state of her mind and body. Yet, the reprieve had allotted Adelaide enough time to work out her plan.

Aless would of course be furious, but she could not hang off the woman's skirts like a suckling babe forever.

Nevermind you childishly planning to sneak away.

Swatting the inner voice that chided aside with a flick of her wrist, she powered forward through the overgrown forestry to retrieve wayward arrows. Voices carrying from the direction of the falls slowed her endeavor. Hesitantly, she debated on pursuing their sounds. Despite their genetic disposition, the void separating her from those like her was tangible. Whether due to station or insecurities, the wall between them kept her from following the sound of the voices. Instead, she plucked out arrows from trees and shrubbery.

Working to free one particularly stubborn arrow from the trunk of a tree, the sound of a twig snapping alerted her of a nearby presence. But when she looked, she did not see anyone.

Uneasiness churned her stomach.

"Princess-"

She started and turned only to see William standing with a parchment in his grasp.

"I'm sorry if I-"

Wordlessly, she wrenched the letter from his grasp and stormed off.

Privacy was a luxury a camp full of rebels could not afford. Unfolding the letter, she prepared herself for the contents. The contents were unremarkable. Having hoped for something more, Adelaide shoved the parchment in her pocket and smoothed back the loose strands of hair from her forehead. By now, the sun had ascended the sky overhead- a telling sign of the quick approaching noon hour- and the camp had reached its busiest time with men and women performing mundane tasks that kept the rebellion on its feet.

Hiking up her sleeves, she grabbed a bucket and followed the few others who were filling them at the falls and bringing them back to the camp for Cook. The physical exertion helped distract her from more pressing matters.

Last edited:
Adrian Tepes
Location - Waterfall
Interactions - StaidFoal StaidFoal (Luca) | Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Jayera) | Pumpkid Pumpkid (Zeia)
"Religion, hm? What an interesting topic." Adrian's soft voice rang out. He stood up from a nearby rock he was sitting on and approached 1606630589266.pngthe others. "My apologies for eavesdropping. This just so happens to be something I've studied for a very long time and as such can't help myself whenever someone mentions it." He gave a gentle smile, his ice-blue eyes scanning the others within his vicinity. At a quick glance, what struck his interest most was the clothes of the one named Luca, as well as the bird that had perched on top of their head. "I am familiar with your religion, I believe. I may require a refresher on the name of it, however."

He then turned his gaze to Jayera, his expression turning inquisitive. "Are you religious as well? May I ask what religion it is you follow?" He asked, curiosity sneaking into the undertones of his voice. Although his thoughts were running, he managed to keep his voice subdued and calm throughout all of this. He did not want to put off anyone, and knew if he told them his true nature they would be less likely to cooperate. He purposefully withheld this information so as to avoid that.

Zeia Reyes
: Waterfall to boulder in the woods / Interactions: Lucas StaidFoal StaidFoal Yera Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Riza FuzzySheep12 FuzzySheep12 Adrian Samevi Samevi
9106ea8742c6d68275506eb1bc434f08.jpg Zee gaped being shocked that his announcement was actually taken literally as a long-haired man waltzed out from hiding. He questioned the universe's attempts being dumbfounded for a good minute before gritting his teeth. Yera's comment was the one that calmed his senses even for a second. He huffed. "I'm not negative, just easily annoyed." He corrected shoving his hands in his pockets. The newcomer apologized to the group and resumed the topic of religion. He was surrounded by another believer, the wrong group he needed to hear ramble. There was no doubt Luca and the stranger would be at it like giddy children. Yera, on the one hand, began to educate Zee on faith. Her tone both calm yet passive as if faith is part of her. He knew how it meant a lot for others, but couldn't comprehend the logic when their so-called 'god' showed no mercy. Instead, he had to work for his happiness without absurd miracles. He won't deny it has made a few differences in people's lives but hated to be tied down and follow commandments for the sake of being on god's good side. It was what kept them from a person's full potential.

Zee closes his eyes and exhales heavily through his nostrils as if letting go of the rising anger within. "I'm not saying religion is wrong. It's a free world and you can be whoever the hell you want. Everyone can believe whatever it is so long as it makes them happy. I just think it's restricting, that's all." He admitted. His crimson eyes gazed into Yera's with a fire in them yet a tenderness to it. He smirks so suddenly over her teasing. "Ya know, it might not be so bad if it's coming from you. Who knows, I might convert if I'm persuaded, doll." He winked. "But I'm quite a challenge, so if you want to try by all means..." Zee leans into her ear and whispers, "...try at your expense." If she could, there was a devilish grin crawling up his ear just before he pulled away giving her a deadly gaze of desire.

Quickly, he turns to the yelp of the winged brunette approaching the group. She assured them that she would heal after some time. He wasn't sure if her powers required healing or not. He wondered if Yera was the same offering to heal his still bleeding knuckles. He recalled the reason behind his position which he had yet to pursue a decision. He looks down as his mind swirls with various thoughts all at once. He stepped away from the group without a word and pulls out a cloth from his pocket and soaks it to apply to his knuckles before departing from the group to reflect into the woods where he took a seat on a boulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back