• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Journey of Thieves [Open//Accepting]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
1606910359289-png.814284

"Uhh..huh." She was unsure of what to do as she watched him casually sit down next to her and start talking like they already knew each other. The young woman sighed and shook her head, his charm shooting right over her head. "I'm sure you can find some," she just said. She wasn't one for conversation or making friends, She wasn't interested in talking about what she liked, either. Conversations like these never passed through her mind. Not that she minded it.

Location - School Courtyard
Company - Naburius Naburius
Status - Great Health, Slightly Annoyed

"Zig-zag I had enough
Chopping myself apart
Though I may try it never works,
I can't draw a smile from my heart"

lhFN7DE.png
ED9756z.png
BFNJ33Y.png
IVUFm7v.png
G3w92yi.png

With a soft laughter, Kio covered his stomach. "Wow that was an odd face. Do you have a grudge against someone, your face looked a little scary a moment ago." Just something to try and lighten the mood but Kio didn't know how effective it would be until Subaru replied. "But as long as you're okay. Oh here! I know it's not a big help but here's my phone number." He quickly whipped out a paper from his pocket and a pen from his school bag and quickly scribbled it. "I really want to make sure you stay safe, just like any of our other classmates. So if you're in trouble don't hesitate to give me a call!"

After putting the pen away, he stretched his body out and was ready. "All right, then let's go! I think they have a new flavor of those pint-sized ice creams I want to try." The walk to the store was a bit silent. Kio didn't know what to say and waited for Subaru to start a conversation. Oh well, whatever was easier for her. As they walked, he kept his ears on the people around them to see if there was anything he could picked up on. But it proved futile.

The same result proved to continue even in the convience store. After picking out the ice cream he wanted, he kept going from aisle to aisle to see if he could over hear something and not seem suspcious. But nothing. He checked his phone to see if any of his fellow Thieves had found out something new in the last few minutes but the "No new notifications" message didn't really help his situation.

▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞▞
𝗅𝗈𝖼𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 ✘ School Hallways-Convience Store
𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗉𝖺𝗇𝗒 ✘ Subaru
𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗍𝗎𝗌 ✘ Hanging around, thinking about getting a snack before leaving school grounds, excited and can't wait to go heisting again
𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗍𝗁 ✘ Great
𝗈𝗈𝖼 ✘ Since Nine doesn't use phone numbers, the secret should be safe

Hiroki completely ignored her dismissive tone in favor of interpreting her as positively as possible. “You have a good point there, guaranteed I like it if I’m the one picking the song. I’ll let you know what I find next time I run into you.” It was basically impossible somebody wouldn’t enjoy his company anyways. “My dad actually probably has a few old English cds and tapes, he always enjoyed that kind of stuff.” It’d be ridiculous if a radio host didn’t have all kinds of cds so there was probably something English in his possession.

Unfortunately Hiroki couldn’t spend much longer thinking about that as he glanced down at his phone and noticed the time.
“Aw shoot. Well I gotta be getting to practice but feel free to say hello if you see me in the halls. Peace.” He hopped to his feet and slung his bag over his shoulder before waving and jogging off to the gym, if he hurried he wouldn’t be late and Captain Fujita wouldn’t be too mad.

Forgotten Home Forgotten Home

1606910359289-png.814284

It's definitely not impossible. The girl just sat there, half-listening as he chattered on, the other half of her attention on her putting one of her earbuds back in her ear and pulling her phone out of her pocket as she watched him say farewell and leave. She didn't say anything in response to his chatter and she seemed a bit annoyed that he had walked over to her just to chatter on about... she already forgot what he had been talking about. After letting out a sigh, she opened her phone back up, unlocking the nice, complicated lock she had on it so that no-one could open it - especially if she ever got caught. What opened up immediately was the Phantom Thieves' group chat. She skimmed the latest texts with quick eyes and turned off her phone right afterward, putting it back in her pocket.

She leaned back on the bench and sighed, feeling bored. She plugged in her other earbud and watched as people passed by her.

Location - School Courtyard
Company - Naburius Naburius (Left)
Status - Great Health, Slightly Annoyed, Very Bored

Subaru pinned him with a half-hearted, almost playful, glare, "Glad to know my eternal annoyance with our upperclassman is so weird."

She shifted her book bag slightly, so that it wouldn't dig into her side as much, only to blink in slight surprise at the offer of his number.

Her expression quickly shifted, and she snorted, amused by the gesture, but she took the offered slip all the same, a small grin making it's way to her lips, "Thanks for the offer Agawa-kun, I'll be sure to call you up if I ever need help."

The paper soon made its way into her pocket as they began their treck out of the school, down the street, and to the nearby convenience store.

The entire time, she kept her mouth shut, and head forward, acting more like a soldier sent to war than a normal teenager on her way to grab some snacks.

The menial chit-chat of the passing students, salarymen, and housewives was relatively standard. Boring. Routine.

Who was on dishes, complaints about having to pick up younger siblings, or lack of money, a few passing sentences about a new deal, or a raise, and the occasional sigh over a lack of a coupon or other.

All in all, keeping her ears pealed, and refusing to talk to Agawa-kun ended up being a bit of a lost cause.

Once they arrived at the store, Agawa went ahead of her, seeming to linger here and there, it was a bit odd, but nothing eyebrow raising, the little hole in the wall convenience store had a bit of selection, and, he did say something about new flavors earlier...

Sighing a bit, she kept her ears perked as she went about grabbing her usual combo of takoyaki flavored ice cream, apple pie Kit-Kat's, and soy chips.

[In a downtown office, a man in his late forties shuddered, silently cursing his late wife's taste in food, and the universes need to pass it down to his daughter.]

Securing her bounty in one arm, the other dropped her book bag to the ground so she could crouch and fish for her wallet.

Once found, and the needed money transferred to her pocket, she encountered her bag, and went off to find Agawa-kun.

"What'd you pick up, Agawa?" She asked, smiling.

Only for her phone to start buzzing from her pocket.
-------------------
SukiRikko SukiRikko

Last edited:
Hiroki rushed to the gym building, waving to the people he knew in the halls before entering the lockers and getting changed. He quietly made his way to the gym floor just in time to hear the familiar voice of the captain. "Akagawa, you've got to try harder to make it on time." He smiled apologetically and nodded. "I know, I know. It's just Mr. Watanabe doesn't let us start packing our bags until the bell rings, you know how it is Fujita." She sighed and shook her head in response. "That's Captain Fujita to you. Just join everybody else." Hiroki smiled wide in response and joined the rest of the team for stretches so that they could get started.

Most of practice was just going through the motions and Hiroki found himself more focused on their Phantom Thief endeavors. Things were starting to get interesting, rather than just the cops they were now directly opposing Yakuza. For some reason rather than worrying him it mostly excited him. Maybe it was the rush of having another huge group of "adoring fans?"

With practice over Hiroki showered off before rushing to his next destination. He more often than not had his day booked, even after school and today was no exception. La Peinture was a favorite coffee shop of his and was where he and his group had scheduled to work on their English project. They even do that cute latte art here and he was living for it. It made already delicious coffee into quite the treat.

As far as he could tell he was the first to arrive so he pulled his laptop out of his backpack and got to work researching after ordering. He considered himself rather proficient at English but he wasn't as big a fan of the project itself so something to drink would probably make his time here at least a bit more enjoyable. At the very least it'd give him a bit more energy after last night's action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back