• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Guild of Heroes (Temporarily Closed)

Reina Stehlengar

Reina watched as the two ventured away, waving her hand at their departure. The girl blinked as she heard Lucina's voice looking towards her. She tapped her index finger to her chin as if in thought. While she had obviously heard his offer she hadn't really thought much about it. Perhaps it was her kind of drifting off in thought staring at him. She liked looking at Damien, though she was quite far from really recognizing it as physical attraction out of her sheer oblivious nature.

"I mean he does seem pretty... oh! Potions... hmm... I mean... maybe... I never really tried potions before much. Ooo... I guess I did one time to recover from some injuries... I guess they could be useful." She spoke as if suddenly coming to the realization about something most would find as basic knowledge given how helpful they could be to an adventurer in various ways. She smiled at her giving a light nod in response. "I think maybe I'll try it at some point. As Ironhead always says 'you gotta be prepared'." She spoke with a playful mocking tone in what was probably the worst butchering of someone's words likely ever told.

"What about you are you going to? Ooo he has a pretty face too! I was almost certain being big boss man's nephew he would have like all iron face or something... or maybe like half an iron face..." She spoke seeming to drift off into her own mind a little in thought imagining those images she had pictured earlier in her mind rambling on more then anything at that point.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Lucina Waesmor
Fort Black

"I've seen skeletons look healthier than he does. Besides, I have a guy for my potions." Unlike how he somehow appealed to Ren, she didn't see that same appeal. He didn't repulse her. She just saw no appeal to him.

"If he's the nephew, Azazel's bloodline is really lack in the warrior department." Lucina concluded. Her fingers were getting itchy. She really needed someone to spar with. The training "simulation" was too easy for her. She needed an actual opponent, not mindless undead. "With your dragon scales, would you really be getting injured enough to even use potions?"

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel SP3CT3R SP3CT3R CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Swire Swire Hanarei Hanarei NUSKI NUSKI Gothemel Gothemel Wilted Wilted Noble Scion Noble Scion FireMaiden FireMaiden The Omen of Death The Omen of Death

"Guildmaster Azazel!" a man called, barging into the room, where the demon was sitting and writing down documents. Azazel looked up at him reactively. "We have bitter news from the northern fortresses. A convergence of extraterrestrial thaumaturgical force caused a brief glimpse in the Astronomican*"

"What of it? The Astronomican is always going off. That's what it does."
"Yes, but this time is different. We've detected... Overlord Alastor and his Fiends. They were making pacts with a group of cultists. Do you know what this means?"
"The Emperor is doing something. He's on the move... I see. Damian warned me of this, so we can trust him. I want you to collect several of our troops and send them out to investigate the place where this occurred. Expect heavy resistance, lethal force, necromancy, infernalists, black magic, and possibly liches."

----------------------
Astronomican - Magical system created as a database of known threats, and events that need to be looked into by the Guild. Each major base of the Guild has a tower linked to the Astronomican that detects such events and sends information to other bases as a form of communication and early response to possible threats.

CHAPTER 1: The Day The Demon Was Born

Date: 521-05-01
Time: Dawn/Early Morning
Weather: Warm, calm, clear sky.

Objectives:
  • (Guild Members only) Report to the Courtyard. The Guildmaster requires volunteers for a mission.
  • Report to Azazel for side-missions.

It is a calm day. The sun is warm, but not excessively to the point of it being annoying. The winds are strong enough to be felt in some places, but not to the point of being irritating. It would not be wrong to say the weather was perfect. As the sun rose beyond the horizon, some newer members of the guild walked out to the training field to train and spar against one another. Azazel observed them through the window of his office, in his own, secluded tower. He walked down the stairs.

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black - Courtyard
Azazel was walking down to meet the volunteers for the mission, whoever would be interested in it. He knew that whatever took place had to be dampened by the Guild's efforts. Whilst the army mages were good at what they did, they didn't have the precise ability of a scalpel that the Guild had. It would not be wrong to say the presence of the Guild of Heroes made the governments of Gael less busy and much more lazy, relaxed, and calm about internal threats.

Pandora Ambrose
Fort Black

It was noon and Pandora had been in her room for about an hour now. It was customary for her to pray to her goddess morning, noon, and evening, preferably for at least an hour. While moat people would find this thing to be a waste of time and boring, Pandora actually finds it calming and enlightening, which definitely made other people doubt her sanity. She felt that she was conversing with the godess and that she was responding to her as well. It was definitely a strange perspective, which made people further doubt her sanity, but it was one that she had developed in the Order.

Only after over an hour of prayer did Pandora allow herself to leave the room to eat and to do other things. She had a quick meal, just bread and a bit of ham and cheese, and after which she exercised a bit. She had to do this often, exercising that is, in order to stay strong and fit, otherwise she may e crushed by her own armor's weight. Normally after this she'd set out to clean the Fort, it was a habit of hers, and maybe talk to her guildmates. She often refrains from talking about the Holy Light with them. They seemed ro get bored by it, some get annoyed and angry. What uncultured peasants, they haven't even felt the Holy Light's warmth yet they turn her away.

Normally that would be the case, but the guild master Azazel had called for them in the courtyard for a mission. It was a volunteer mission, not a mandatory one, so it may not be something too dire, yet. She headed towards the courtyard tl hear about the details of the mission from the guild master. Despite having been quite used to it by now, she still finds he demon to be, well not repulsive or disgusting, but rather unnerving. She knows that he is good from having heard his story, no doubt yhe work of the goddess, bit still, it's really hard to see him as anything else.

"Greetings Guild Master." The Paladin said with a small bow. "What does the mission entail? What do you need us to do?"

Birdsie Birdsie

Reina Stehlengar

~The Day Before~

Reina looked at Luci hearing her words talking about him. "Really? Huh... he didn't seem that bad...." She spoke tapping her finger to her chin in thought, not really thinking of him as being that thin. She did have a habit of not really thinking all that much of appearances in the same way most did. For her Azazel's face was the mask he wore without even the slightest of thought of something being behind it.

"Hmm, I guess... I mean I'm not that big and I'm told I am a monster!" She spoke with a gleeful smile telling an insult she was told without an ounce of awareness or perhaps just care about it being used in such a way. She was the type it was quite hard to really insult her even if you tried. She would generally brush it off without much thought. She slipped her hand up into her short blonde hair, tracing her fingers through her locks. She brushed her hand back behind her hair before stretching out a little bit before Lucina. Her head tilted to the side once more at her question.

"Huh? Oh, I mean yes, my body can be quite sturdy when I transform! Stronger then regular metal any day! I just can't transform too much or for too long. It can be draining quick. My regular body is super squishy and delicate! " She spoke out plainly, not even phased by the fact she was blurting out her own weakness to her without any hesitation.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

~Present Day.... but no Presents... just Current Day and... you get the point~

Reina smiled brightly as she ventured into the guild. She had wore a nice black dress (the color perhaps being the least unexpected element, most of her outfits being darker in shade) the outfit being more open stopping at her chest, exposing some of her cleavage a tiny bit. The elegant outfit equip with perhaps an over abundance of lace decor hugged her body slipping down her legs as the fabric cut short just above her knees, lace extending from the bottom a few inches. White stockings extended up her legs reaching just below her knees.

She had been a bit late arriving that day. It didn't help she had wanted to dress up a bit having spent time having her maids help select an outfit and get dressed up. While she had put that much effort. She wasn't to overly done only a mild amount of makeup being applied to her not being something she typically liked to use. She walked down the halls quite nonchalant not in a big rush. She had heard about some meeting thing going on though she wasn't the type to usually rush things.... well at least while she wasn't some bubbly excited mess to get to it. She was feeling a bit...strange today perhaps.

((Left more open if someone wants to but in or something. ^^ ))

Elise Von Kleine - Courtyard
IMG_2798.JPG
"I don't like magic, seems... unreliable. Nothing quite like good ol' power to burn through the opponent. But if it's what you're good at, stick to it" Rose replied, her eyes drifting open again. "People are coming out." She stated as the doors opened, more new people she had yet to meet wandering out with a variety of tiny weapons compared to hers. "I think something is happening." He continued, not bothering to stand up and simply allowing her new friend's cold breeze to relax her mind.

Shade
Fort Black: Courtyard

Upon hearing of the mission, Shade did not hesitate to charge headfirst to volunteer. Occasionally, he surprised even himself with his resolve at times. Even though he had heard it was simply voluntary, people were in need of aid, and do fulfill that need was the only purpose he had left. There was very little need for him to prepare, as he did not eat, sleep, or change clothing like the majority of the other guild members did.

His rushed manner caused a foggy cloud of dust to appear in his room as he departed, as he never maintained it at all; surprisingly, his armour emerged from the room still perfectly clean and unscathed from the miniature dust flurry. The room was barely even big enough to fit his tall height- he still found himself hitting his head on the door often... Just as he did now. He found himself thankful that he was incapable of feeling pain, ducking under the low door at a slower pace, embarrassed by the ordeal. Thankfully, no one had seen.

On his way, he spotted a lady who, to him at least, was quite small in size. Seeing as the hallway was otherwise mostly empty, he turned to her and uttered a small, timid greeting. "Good morning." It was only a few moments after when he realized that she was walking in the same direction that he was. "Are you volunteering for the mission as well?" He asked quietly.

Hanarei Hanarei

(Hope you don't mind.)

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black - Courtyard
"We have a detected a breach in the Astronomican, Pandora. A group of demons made contracts with a cult. We must investigate, raid their base, take them alive, and bring them to a church to have their souls purified and the contracts terminated. Afterward, we can only hope the effects have been nullified," he replied to her question. He directed her to the map hung on the bulletin board, with the spots of teleportation already marked. The Guild could afford teleportation seals that could send the members to their targets if they were too far away - ancient technology commissioned by the first Guildmaster; William Black as a means of fast travel. Using the same method, the members could also be called back at any moment, which made missions very simple and straightforward.

Damian Vi Lasombra
His Dreams... not kidding...
"Damian. It is me," Astaroth called out from the deep, shadowy darkness. A dream like that wasn't pleasant for Damian.
"Father!" he called out back, smiling in genuine joy, despite being surrounded by what he feared.
"Yes. I have come to educate you. Each night from this one onward, you will... no, you must become stronger. Since we cannot meet in person, these telepathic images will be the next best thing to teaching you magic," Astaroth replied, manifesting as a pair of red, glowing eyes in the void, far away...

Time later...
Fort Black - Damian's Room
Damian woke up, being capable of perfectly recalling all that his father had taught him in his sleep. He was like a parasite, slowly leeching and learning, whilst he sat within the complex organism that was the Guild of Heroes.

SPELL ADDED: Obtenebration: Arms of the Abyss: Summons black, tangible tentacles from the shadows that assist the sorcerer in many ways. They can constrict foes, strangle them, grapple large items and throw them, hold onto foes' limbs and weapons, tie them up, or whip them with great force.
SPELL ADDED: Dominate: Trance: Puts the target into a vegetative state, in which they do nothing and do not react to outside stimuli unless excessively hurt in physical ways. For each second that the caster holds a person with his gaze, the target has to spend another six seconds in the trance. Victims of Trance do not retain any memories of what happened during it. May be combined with Command, in which case a command may be ordered to take place during Trance, leaving the victim with absolutely no recall of what they did during the command, or may be delayed to take place after the Trance has ended.

He dressed in his casual attire and walked down the stairs to the Courtyard, hearing about the Guildmaster calling volunteers. Such a good occasion to make allies, even if temporary. He walked down to the courtyard and observed the events with a friendly smile, trying to fit in and not look suspicious.
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

Last edited:
Minevra Blackwall
Fort Black - Courtyard

After taking some food from the kitchen, Minevra found herself in the courtyard with the others. And she wasn't sure why everyone had gathered there until she started paying attention. Demons and cults were never a good thing. Especially when mixed together. "Oh. Wonderful."

Lucina had already been in the guild, somehow always being there before everyone else. Though a lot of owls were nocturnal, She was quite the early bird herself.

She was already there when the others arrived, reading a spell book this time. Human Equivalents to Natural Abilities

While humans don't have natural equivalents to natural bird weapons, they do have weapon equivalents that could emulate it. For example, there are claw weapons such as the Bagh Naka or the Cestus which emulate claws from almost every animal who has them. Skunks have a well-known foul smelling scent. Humans have developed tons of equivalents. Some animals can fire barbed hairs as a way to cause discomfort in potential attackers. Humans have bows and arrows

What about the bird beak? It's used for pecking, or stabbing in the human world. The most powerful stabbing weapon is the Lance or the Spear. Spears are faster while Lances are stronger.............Since they're made to stab and are weighed on the business end, they're hard to parry unlike swords, who typically have even weight distributions..............

Spell Added: Summon Lance/Spear
Summons a powerful lance or Spear to use at Will
The spear can pierce light-medium armor and is faster, while the Lance can pierce most forms of armor but is very slow.

Shade

Upon hearing of the mission, Shade did not hesitate to charge headfirst to volunteer. Occasionally, he surprised even himself with his resolve at times. Even though he had heard it was simply voluntary, people were in need of aid, and do fulfill that need was the only purpose he had left. There was very little need for him to prepare, as he did not eat, sleep, or change clothing like the majority of the other guild members did.

His rushed manner caused a foggy cloud of dust to appear in his room as he departed, as he never maintained it at all; surprisingly, his armour emerged from the room still perfectly clean and unscathed from the miniature dust flurry. The room was barely even big enough to fit his tall height- he still found himself hitting his head on the door often... Just as he did now. He found himself thankful that he was incapable of feeling pain, ducking under the low door at a slower pace, embarrassed by the ordeal. Thankfully, no one had seen.

On his way, he spotted a lady who, to him at least, was quite small in size. Seeing as the hallway was otherwise mostly empty, he turned to her and uttered a small, timid greeting. "Good morning." It was only a few moments after when he realized that she was walking in the same direction that he was. "Are you volunteering for the mission as well?" He asked quietly.

Hanarei Hanarei

(Hope you don't mind.)

She looked at the newcomers. She didn't say anything until one asked if they're there for the mission. "We all are," she said, snapping her book shut. It'd come off as a startling thing if anything, considering that even if they noticed her, she'd appear to have had her head deep in her book. "Lucina Waesmor.........Good morning Ren. I hope this mission isn't too easy."
Hanarei Hanarei

Pandora Ambrose

Pandora nodded as he explained the situation. This was a standard mission in the Order, exterminating heretic cults and banishing demons. Though the Paladins don't bother purifying their souls and cleansing them, burning them often does the trick anyway. They believe that these people are already tainted and can no longer be saved, unlike those unwillingly possessed by demons. They pray for their souls of course, but the only wY for them to be cleansed is to die and be born anew.

"I want to take part in the mission Guild Master. I have experience fighting cults and they should be pretty vulnerable to holy magic." The Paladin volunteered, not wanting to pass up an opportunity to smite evil. Speaking of evil, she felt a distasteful presence enter yhe courtyard. What she saw was a man, though he can feel that it was tainted in some way. "Do you know that, thing, Guild Master or can I purge it?" She asked Azazel, her hand wrapped around her hammer's handle. Normally she would not hesitate to purge it on the spot, but the Guild Master doesn't allow fighting within the guild. And Pandora is nothing if not a follower of rules.

Birdsie Birdsie

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black - Courtyard
"Please, refrain from saying that ever again. He is my nephew. You should know better than most that not all angels are good, not all demons are evil, and not all mortals are selfish. A brother of mine had fathered a Cambion and requested I take care of him. I consider it my duty," he replied, trying his best to keep his voice from sounding offended. "I am a demon in every inch of my body, and the very core of my soul, yet you don't wish to kill me. Tell me, Pandora, why is that? What makes me different from the others you purge?" he imposed the question unto her.

Reina Stehlengar

Reina wandered down the hall in her nice dress, softly humming a bit to herself. She blinked taken back to reality as she noticed someone else wander in. Her eyes focused on Shade looking up him. She looked at him in some wonder attempting to recall who it was. She had been there for quite a long time, probably one of the older members (at least in time spent within the organization, maturity wise it was questionable). After giving up she suddenly waved her hand acting a bit energetic smiling brightly to him.

"Good morning!" She cheeped up quite happy in her tone. She blinked a bit surprised as she heard a familiar voice looking to see Luci. She looked on her seeming almost lost at first before smiling brightly in response. "Hello Luci-chan! I'm not sure, maybe it will be, it could be fun!" She spoke with a bright smile looking at her before looking back to Shade.

"What about you, do you think it might be fun.... mister-sir?" She asked not knowing his name seeming to try and throw a response back stumbling with a fumbled attempt to respond back giving him two formal titles instead though smiling brightly and being upbeat about it almost as if it was on purpose.

Wilted Wilted Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Pandora Ambrose

"What sets you apart is the fact that you have been touched by the light. You were healed by holy magic, and yet you were not harmed. After that, you rise up in the ranks. What is that if not a miracle?" The Paladin said. She didn't believe it at first, but miracles made the impossible possible so why should this demon be exempted from that? "You have been recognized by the gods, and that is why you are not the same with those filth."

"But do you not think it suspicious that your nephew arrived at the same time the cult's activity was found?" The Paladin asked him. Except for Azazel, Pandora shows only disgust and hate towards demons, and his nephew was no exception to that. "He could have heen a spy planted by the demons, maybe to leak our secrets and to weaken us from within?"

Birdsie Birdsie

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black - Courtyard
Azazel couldn't help but chuckle lightly at her remark. "No, no, you were close, yet wrong. Maybe one day you will understand what makes me different from other demons, but I assure you it was not godly interference. For even the greatest of holy angels can fall, and anyone man can perform miracles if he has his heart in the right place..." Azazel looked up into the sky for a moment, thinking for a few seconds before he continued speaking in a wise tone, one that you'd expect from a teacher. "I wish not to sound intrusive, Pandora, but you put too much faith in the Gods, and too little of it in other people. Sometimes, love is the right answer, and sometimes the simplest of answers are the best," he spoke with a melancholic, nonchalant tone as if the whole few last sentences he said were meant to be a personal riddle for her to figure out. You could sense Azazel smiling through his helmet toward Pandora, before he gave a short glance at his nephew.

"I doubt he has any correlation to the events that took place last night, but it is a possibility," he said. Azazel was indeed naive, wanting to see the best in other people, so he didn't really put Damian being a traitor high on his list of possible events.
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse FireMaiden FireMaiden

MALCOLM MOORVE
Fort Black - Courtyard

Malcolm was quite excited and surprised about the Guild of Heroes. He had decided to not slack off, since his acolytes back home would be wanting him to get stronger here. Hopefully he could find someone while he was here to serve under him at the monastery. He would never admit to anyone that he needed help. He was so young, too young to be put in a position of leadership. He only took it because at the time, the monks needed redirection and he was the only one who could provide it. Malcolm woke up early to do some stretches just in case the Guild Master assigned a mission today. As always, I was right Malcolm thought to himself while chuckling. He had a light breakfast as well, which was a habit he received from the monastery. They ate light in the morning, heavy in the afternoon so they would have an easy good nights sleep. After finishing his breakfast, he didn't even bother to look around and headed straight to the courtyard. He meditated for a little bit until the new arrivals started rushing in. He didn't bother associating with anyone, wanting to know where the Guild Master was.

There he was. A demon. A demon. Malcolm had to say it twice in his head before acknowledging it. He imagined the Guild Master to be a large many with over-sized armor and a large brown beard. To be honest, he was a little bit intimidating to Malcolm. He was staring at the demon until he realized he was having a conversation with a lady in white armor. She was too suspicious if you asked him, and to be honest she could have just risked being killed or kicked out or something. Then again, she was a Paladin of some sorts so maybe she was used to encounters with beings such as the Guild Master. They had steered off topic and Malcolm wanted to know more about this mission. He cleared his throat and sat up from his crossed-legged position.

"I don't mean to interrupt or be rude, but I'd like to know more about the mission. Like when we depart?"

Birdsie Birdsie CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

Shade

Shade nearly jumped, startled by the sudden answer from a nearby woman he hadn't noticed until now. He turned to "Ren", the one he had greeted before, shuffling cautiously away from the one addressed as "Luci". "Fun...?" He repeated, blinking in confusion. He had never even considered that this sort of activity might be enjoyable for others- he had always assumed they did these things out of pure kindness, not for amusement. "I suppose so...?" His voice rose up into a questioning tone, as if he wasn't sure as to the truthfulness of his answer. A small chuckle, though it resembled more of a tiny cough, exited the confines of his armour at the other member's strange way of addressing him. "You may call me Shade." He corrected her with a light tone. He was used to having a lot of bizarre reactions from others who had heard his name, seeing it as strange or mundanely unoriginal. Nonetheless, he couldn't help it- it was the only name he was given that he could remember, and due to its origins, he hadn't the heart to change it.

Hanarei Hanarei Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Artoria Adamant

A blonde girl clad in blue armor walked out of the doors to the courtyard, calmly strolling into it. She looks around, looking at Azazel in the middle of it. She took entered the crowd of people before him and listened to the briefing. "I can go, no problem." She announced calmly as Azazel explained the mission. This kind of stuff should be no problem. A simple raid to capture some lads? Been there, done that. She leaned on the wooden fence beside her and looked around at the other people, seeing the group of people that would go to the Astronomican raise slowly. If someone paid attention, they could notice that attached to her belt, there was something, surrounded by rushes of wind that made it invisible.

Birdsie Birdsie Wilted Wilted NUSKI NUSKI CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Hanarei Hanarei Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Last edited:
Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black - Courtyard >>> Dark Forest
"Again, we will be going off against a cult that made a contract with a cabal of demons," he replied, slightly bothered by the constant stream of questions, however, seeing that there were enough volunteers, he began the teleportation. "Now, prepare. We will be teleporting now," he said. The seal with the symbol of the Guild in the middle of the courtyard bled with blue, mystical light, and so did the Guild members. Soon after, everyone's vision flashed with a bright blue color, and before it returned to normal, everyone was in the middle of an old, burnt down forest. The trees were without leaves, old, nearly black in color, their trunks were rough, thick, and coarse in touch, and there were no animals in sight. Most notably, the sun had not arisen in these parts yet, giving the eerie, cold aura.

"Clearly, whatever they did has corrupted this land to the point of being physical," Azazel remarked, as he summoned his armor and sword to himself. Mana from his surroundings gathered on his body and transformed into the physical form of a metallic armor and sword.
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse FireMaiden FireMaiden NUSKI NUSKI Wilted Wilted Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Pandora Ambrose

As she listened to what the guild master had to say, only one thing popped in her mind. How can a demon be this naive? Sure, there were humans as stupid as he is, but the environments they grew up in were harshly different. And to think that this demon is part of the upper echelon only makes the situation even more surreal. Rather than to dispel her fixed mindset, the guild master only made it stronger. Surely a demon like this could would not turn out this way without divine intervention.

And why does he keep refering to angels falling as if they were holy? They were just creations of the gods, and they have the same free will humans have so it's not surprising some of them turn evil. Of course this argument could also apply to the demons, but this thought hadn't even crossed her mind. "Well anyway, you can't blame me not trusting your nephew. You mind if I set up a few, preventive measures? Nothing too severe I assure you." The Paladin said.

After the volunteers have gathered, the guild master teleported them to the location. It was a barren and lifeless wasteland, all the life and vitality sucked out of it. This was a bad sign. It shows that the cultist were using some potent spells if the the surroundings got tainted by it. Seeing as they still have a ways to go, Pandora kept her full set armor off and continued to wore the chain mail armor. Pandora held a shield almost as high as her on one arm and a large hammer, the head of which was bigger than her head, on the other. It was a weird sight, seeing a woman carry those equipment with familiarity, but it was quite intimidating as well.

Birdsie Birdsie

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black - Courtyard >>> Dark Forest
Azazel, clad in his black armor, the one he wore during his time as an Overlord shook his head to Pandora's request. "I am trying to teach you something, Pandora. To educate you why I am different from other demons. Remember what I told you, and I tell you this: If by the end of this day, you understand what the difference is between me and other demons, you may set up defenses and 'preventative measures,' as you please. Think about my previous words carefully, Pandora, and you may yet notice that origin doesn't always mean everything," he said, then strode forward, prepared for an attack from any direction. Although the Guildmaster was on guard, a flurry of arrows flew out from above the trees. Before he could react, several of them hit him. Most of them broke upon impact of his armor, but one of them lodged itself into the thinner chainmail under his right shoulder guard. He forcefully took it out. "Scouts. I'll deal with them. Pandora, you take the lead. I'll meet you up by their castle. Keep going north until you see it," he ordered, then went into spirit form, sublimating into the air.

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse FireMaiden FireMaiden NUSKI NUSKI Wilted Wilted Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Kylesar1 Kylesar1 (If anyone else is there, let me know, please.)

Lucina Waesmor
Dark forest

Now their mission started as they were teleported into the dark forest.

"This place gives me the creeps," Grace hooted from Lucina's shoulder
"Agreed," She whispered as she drew her Longsword. She didn't even want to summon her owls to scout ahead. She was surrounded by a group of them though, looking around all sides for any sign of danger. "Make sure you don't miss a thing."

So they were facing off against a cult who made contracts with demons. They should be a lot more powerful than the average mage then. Not to be underestimated.

She was snapped back to reality as Azazel took a bunch of arrows and ordered them to get to the castle before disappearing. She sent her owls out to attack the Scouts and serve as a distraction until Azazel could lay waste to them. It worked like a charm, as no one can focus enough to fire arrows while a bunch of Owls were stabbing into their bodies with their beaks. "Call out a path, Pandora. We'll forge it if we need to."

NUSKI NUSKI
Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel
FireMaiden FireMaiden
Wilted Wilted

Pandora Ambrose

Yet again another nonsense spouted by him. Yes he was chosen by the gods, but theu clearly didn't choose him for his brains. Why does it matter how he is different? Isn't the fact that the gods has chosen him enough? He is different and that is that, the specifics do not matter to her. Why does he kept insistin otherwise, does he wish to be smited hy her?
Because the only reason she isn't doing so is because he was chosen, yet he keeps denying it. Oh well, at least he gave her permission, kind of.

Having been struck by some scouts, the guild master chose to split up. He'll hunt the scouts while the rest of us head towards the castle. Bless his naive mind, he had made the right choice in appointing her as the designated leader. As soon as the guild master left, a youn woman approache her. It was that owl girl, Luci was the name? Anyways, she urged Pandora to choose a path. "The guild master says north, so we'll head yhere. The corruption seems thickest there, though it is a bit hard to exactly pinpoint the location since the whole area is tainted. Anyway, we'll head north, and it'll be nice if your owls could scout ahead to avoid any surprises." The Paladin said as she headed north.

Birdsie Birdsie Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Minevra Blackwall
Dark Forest

Luckily for her, Minevra had decided to sneak away and back to get her equipment before the guild master teleported them to that forest. She had left the cloak this time, figuring it would be in nesecary for a small mission. And to be honset, She hated wearing it when she knew the guild master would teleport them. It had happened before, and she wore it for a side mission. He teleported her, and let's just say it's no fun. So, no capes.

Minevra followed the group in silence, staying near the back invade anyone tried to sneak up on them. And it was going pretty well till the arrows started raining down on them. She was only slightly grazed by one of them, managing to dodge the rest in a rather in graceful manor. The guild master then handed the group off the the Paladin chick. Great.

"Let's get this over with then," She said, as Pandora had them move out. Kylesar1 Kylesar1 CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

Damian Vi Lasombra
Dark Forest

The young mage acted naturally and typically; he was on guard. In a place like this, one can easily get stabbed in the back at any moment. He learned that the hard way and taught it to those unfortunate enough to have not been fast enough to dodge their own demise. Nonetheless, this place was a wonderful nest of darkness, full of shadowy corners and other such places. No better source for Obtenebration magic than a place like this.

"What is the plan if we encounter enemies?" he inquired of the Paladin that now led them. He overheard her talking with Azazel and knew she was cooking up something malignant for him.
CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse FireMaiden FireMaiden NUSKI NUSKI Wilted Wilted Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back